Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
What inspired you to be an Artist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXTimeTakesUsAllXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 am
Life inspired me. The fact that you can capture a moment, a pose, or expression that you'll never see again, or simply getting your feelings on paper. It releases you, It helps the burden be lighter and you'll end up with a piece of paper/canvas/wall that you'll cherish for time to come. I started to draw when I was just a child . . . I didn't choose to be an artist, art choose me for people to see.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:58 pm
I don't exactly know what inspired me to take up drawing. I guess it was the time when I drew a picture to show my parents and they enrolled me into art school) in which I stayed in for about a month before moving away emo ). after that, i continued only because I was bored. I didn't take it seriously until I was 12 though--you could say Gaia inspired me! I don't think I could live without drawing.  

xX_Zella_Xx

3,850 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Freiheit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:01 pm
When I was in fifth grade, I made this card in class and I though it looked pretty, from there I started drawing my friends as sailor scouts and as time went on and I started to draw more often, I started considering illustration as a profession and it's probably going to be my full time job in a couple of months xd So yeah... Drawing inspired me to draw lol

talking about it made me wish I still had that crapy drawing somewhere arround xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:33 pm
I saw some pictures of things; paintings, sketchs, my mom's random drawings. I asked her how I could be able to draw well, and she said "Draw anywhere anytime, especially when the time hits you right." And I did, up until this school year where I'm being piled under school work.

But yeah, that's how I got inspired (Minus the school thing).  

FrozenVendetta

Blue_Fire_Godess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:58 pm
Well it's not really a HUGE thing to me ( I love to write stories!) but I still love to do it.
What inspired me to do it was that I always have been pretty gifted in sketching even when I was like five I was the best in my art class. That is what made me love to draw, I have always been prone into thinking that thing's like that where a competition so I kept drawing a lot always trying to get better so I could outshine EVERYONE in all of my art classes. Then a few year's later I found out that whenever I draw I feel like I always do after hearing a really good story. I feel like I'm in my own little peaceful world (corny right sweatdrop ? but it's true!). So when ever I'm hot and I mean REALLY angry at someone I go up into my room and eventually I will pick up a sketch book and in no time I'm feeling better. So yeah..... That's pretty much it! smile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:13 pm
My relatives that makes a living from art and my early days when everything that was drawn was awesome in my eyes. I used to watch 1970ties dubbed animes like Robotech, Sandybell and Rose of Versailles (Lady Oscar in Swedish). I was read comics as a goodnight story by my dad who collected in his youth... and with a mix of great art from artists such as John Bauer together with a great source for stories (my father's library) made me want to create early in life.

So, I set my eyes on "artist" and later on "comic artist" and that is what I am today.  

Nathaniel Mea

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm
I remember my mom tutoring us for our yearly art 'exam' when I was back in primary, and shelling out the money for me and my siblings to go to art classes. (My mom's side's the artistically-inclined side of the family. My dad...not so much.)

It always begun with a variation of: 'Start with a circle....' add a few lines and squiggles, and voila! A bunny comes to life on the page.
Seemed like magic to me then.

And I was hooked. =)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:45 pm
My brother actually inspired me when I was 2 to start drawing. I wanted to be just like him. I picked up a pencil and haven't put it down since. smile

[Faelan]

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

illusionwings

Fluffy Lunatic

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:07 am
Well, I don't know really, I've just always drawn since I can remember.
But lets just say the pretty colours and the ability to put what your mind comes up with on paper.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:24 am
User Image

~★░☆░☁ ...just get damn quiet and listen ☁░☆░★~

*rofl rofl* POKEMON and DIGIMON inpired me... xDDD Yes really >-<;; And as I was watching a tv show there was a girl/young woman that drew some animegirls, that are the few things wich inspired me. : D

~★░☆░☁ maybe someone heard it... ☁░☆░★~

Yvilis

Unbeatable Noob

ChaoticOasis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:58 am
Art is something I just happened upon. Colouring books, and scribbling and all that jazz. Apparently I was copying sailor moon art at two (so says my mom). Sailor Moon was my first inspiration I suppose. Since then, I've been drawing all the time. I've also just been accepted into an art university, and I can't wait for it. If I can make art my profession, I will be the happiest person ever.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:35 pm
Well, there are several reasons actually, although I'll get the most typical one out of the way first.

I want to be famous, and I know it seems stupid, but it'd be really cool. As an on-off social outcast in my area, support from people who would appreciate what I do would be a great morale booster for me. Don't get me wrong, I have some of the best friends in existence, but considerably, not a whole lot.

Another reason is I got sick of visualizing something so badass, cool, crazy etc. and not seeing it around. I still have a problem with drawing from my mind, but I feel good about trying to actualize my ideas.

Drawing is just a fun thing to do, albeit frustrating sometimes when I can't get something right. It makes the time go by for me easier and is a great stress reliever.  

Nurren Pamuk

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfitsune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:21 pm
Art for me is to portray my thoughts, feelings, emotions onto something more clear than mere words, because when there is a word for everything, the meaning of the word is degraded, but since artwork comes from within, that is something that no one knows, and is impossible to portray in words. Only artwork can portray that, as there is no rule that says an artwork has to be professional.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:40 am
Jack Dawson, his art was so real and brought the images to a whole new level and there I was observing the erhm... the texture and technique of the female figure sweatdrop The art of the women he drew made me think "I too want to be an inspiring artist like him one day!" Years later I became that artist (thats how I got my first gf) and people who noticed my drawings say I'm a true professional in drawing women and nature.
Thank you Mr.Dawson  

p1lowpntz

Nyu0u

Adorable Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:10 pm
i liked draw since i had 7 years old.
i had to draw in the walls and doors, weeeeeeeeeeUser Image i like to draw anime. my favorites are elfen lied, sakura card captor, suzumiya haruhi and Dears.

P.S.tousands of people says Naruto, bleach and code G. loL  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces