Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaia Sports Fan Guild: NFL Draft Contest

Back to Guilds

The Best Multi-Sports Guild On Gaia! 

Tags: Discussion, Basketball, Football, Baseball, Sports 

Reply General Sports Discussion
A-Rod reportedly tested positive for steroids Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feune

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:54 pm
Ok I'm don't follow MLB as well as the average fan I'm sure. But why is A-Rod hated on so much? Has he been before NY or what.
Cause you have 100+ people there and hes the name they throw out there. When Joe Torre has his book what does everyone talk about "A-Rod...A-Fruad" having a crush on Jeter. I think I've heard that he doesn't deliver well in the playoffs but man even before this steroid thing everyone was on the guys back.

Which makes me want to cheer for the guy oddly he was a product of the times. If one goes why shouldn't they all anyway people think its all swept under the rug. I guess thats not bad but to me when you tell the truth then theres nothing to hide after that. I dunno I sometimes don't like the atmosphere in MLB. Not to say the other leagues are angels of course or that they should be.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:48 am
Feune
Ok I'm don't follow MLB as well as the average fan I'm sure. But why is A-Rod hated on so much? Has he been before NY or what.
Cause you have 100+ people there and hes the name they throw out there. When Joe Torre has his book what does everyone talk about "A-Rod...A-Fruad" having a crush on Jeter. I think I've heard that he doesn't deliver well in the playoffs but man even before this steroid thing everyone was on the guys back.

Which makes me want to cheer for the guy oddly he was a product of the times. If one goes why shouldn't they all anyway people think its all swept under the rug. I guess thats not bad but to me when you tell the truth then theres nothing to hide after that. I dunno I sometimes don't like the atmosphere in MLB. Not to say the other leagues are angels of course or that they should be.

That's exactly what I want to know and he wasn't hated before until he went to the Yankees. They should call the MLB A-Rod if that's all they like to talk about and probably the reason they talk about him so much is because his name always get's everyone attention.  

Bronx Bombers

cpbigman9221

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:45 pm
Feune

Well he is sort of that person that people want to hear about the bad things. I hate to say this but it was sorta like with Britney Spears. She was the spotlight of celeb media while A-rod is the spotlight of sports media. Britney isn't going crazy anymore so now people really don't care. But A-rod is the hot topic so the media covers him.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:06 pm
i still think he needs his records during those years to be wiped away or at least put and asterisk by it saying that it doesnt count towards his career stats when he retires  

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:34 pm
SexayJ05H
i still think he needs his records during those years to be wiped away or at least put and asterisk by it saying that it doesnt count towards his career stats when he retires

If that happens to A-roids then the same should happen to every roid user. And that's something we know that will never happen. Everyone just needs to move on.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:06 pm
NY27
That's exactly what I want to know and he wasn't hated before until he went to the Yankees. They should call the MLB A-Rod if that's all they like to talk about and probably the reason they talk about him so much is because his name always get's everyone attention.

Yeah I guess the Yanks are the "villain" still so surprising hes the one to get the most.

cpbigman9221
Feune

Well he is sort of that person that people want to hear about the bad things. I hate to say this but it was sorta like with Britney Spears. She was the spotlight of celeb media while A-rod is the spotlight of sports media. Britney isn't going crazy anymore so now people really don't care. But A-rod is the hot topic so the media covers him.

Ouch even Britney I didn't hate during that time. I never liked her music but that media blitz was crazy. How they survive that is beyond me.  

Feune

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:29 pm
Quote:

I don't hate A-roids when he's not in a Yanks jersey. I really don't care what he does outside of baseball. But it's still fun to make fun of A-roids for being with Madonna and so on. Remember he's a superstar in NY so he's under the microscope. surprised

Well beside the whole roids thing there is nothing else going on. So of course you're going to hear A-rod this and A-rod that. It would have been the same thing if it was any other superstar. talk2hand

And isn't the same thing with Ortiz? No Yankee fan hated him until he went to Boston. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 am
Feune
NY27

Yeah I guess the Yanks are the "villain" still so surprising hes the one to get the most.

cpbigman9221
Feune

Ouch even Britney I didn't hate during that time. I never liked her music but that media blitz was crazy. How they survive that is beyond me.
Well A-rod better beware, the worse has yet to come. (hint,hint: Fenway)  

cpbigman9221

cpbigman9221

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:36 am
Jamie Moyer, A-rod's former teammate in Seattle shared his thoughts on the slugger's PED use. From MLB.com "I don't see how he has a chance," Moyer told the paper. "Who in their right mind would vote for anyone who got caught taking that stuff?

"It's about respecting the game," Moyer continued. "I'd be disappointed in anybody in that situation. When people have had an impact on your life, you want to feel for them. But how can I feel for him? To me, if you're doing it, you know it's illegal. I commend him for coming out and saying it, but why didn't he say it seven years ago?"
"The guy has a ton of talent," Moyer told the paper. "Why does he need that? Money? The expectations that came from the contract? He always exuded great talent. Why did he think he needed to make himself somebody bigger and better? Just be yourself. That's what I tell kids when I talk to them. Be yourself."

The sad thing is Jamie Moyer's two oldest sons looked up to A-rod as a hero and now look what happened. The cold hard tuth.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 am
Boston Sports Fan
Quote:

I don't hate A-roids when he's not in a Yanks jersey. I really don't care what he does outside of baseball. But it's still fun to make fun of A-roids for being with Madonna and so on. Remember he's a superstar in NY so he's under the microscope. surprised

Well beside the whole roids thing there is nothing else going on. So of course you're going to hear A-rod this and A-rod that. It would have been the same thing if it was any other superstar. talk2hand

And isn't the same thing with Ortiz? No Yankee fan hated him until he went to Boston. wink

I'm a Yankee fan and I don't hate Ortiz. Why would anyone hate him whats not to like about him he is a cool guy. The guy in Boston that I didn't like much was Manny.  

Bronx Bombers

Bronx Bombers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:47 am
cpbigman9221
Jamie Moyer, A-rod's former teammate in Seattle shared his thoughts on the slugger's PED use. From MLB.com "I don't see how he has a chance," Moyer told the paper. "Who in their right mind would vote for anyone who got caught taking that stuff?

"It's about respecting the game," Moyer continued. "I'd be disappointed in anybody in that situation. When people have had an impact on your life, you want to feel for them. But how can I feel for him? To me, if you're doing it, you know it's illegal. I commend him for coming out and saying it, but why didn't he say it seven years ago?"
"The guy has a ton of talent," Moyer told the paper. "Why does he need that? Money? The expectations that came from the contract? He always exuded great talent. Why did he think he needed to make himself somebody bigger and better? Just be yourself. That's what I tell kids when I talk to them. Be yourself."

The sad thing is Jamie Moyer's two oldest sons looked up to A-rod as a hero and now look what happened. The cold hard tuth.

A-Rod already answer all these questions. A-Rod said he wanted to be the best and he was under a lot of pressure with his new big record breaking contract and he said he was stupid, young and wasn't himself. You can't change that he already committed his mistake and all you do from that is learn from it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:48 pm
NY_27
Boston Sports Fan
Quote:

I'm a Yankee fan and I don't hate Ortiz. Why would anyone hate him whats not to like about him he is a cool guy. The guy in Boston that I didn't like much was Manny.

There's no reason to hate Ortiz. That's his opinon he could think that if he wants.  

BKLYN_22

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:08 pm
@BKLYN

It's not about what he said today. :/

So you Yanks fan like Ortiz after all those clutch hits? The '04 season?
I find that hard to believe.

But yeah I know what guys mean. Ortiz is a very likable person.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 am
Ortiz is still a cool guy to me. Even if he kills a team....or any superstar does if they are a professional and just carry themselves well. Its hard to hate them...or at least continue to.  

Feune

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 am
So far, the biggest thing since I was gone was the A-Rod news conference at Yankees training camp. His story seemed a bit too obscure, but I guess we'll have to believe him for now. I give him props for admitting his wrongdoing and going in detail about his mistakes, but he just seemed a little to superficial, with little seriousness, in the conference. (especially that 40 second pause at the end, with a smiling grin).

Anyways, I'll still root for Alex Rodriguez right now. His legacy, numbers, and HOF candidacy will be decided after his playing days.  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff