Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:59 am
"Take your time. You've got a lot to catch up on." Theonis said, possibly referring to both. He stepped outside and closed the door behind him. Now he just had to wait like she asked. There wasn't a lot of time left for that man.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:46 am
Liv listened to the entire story. Despite having seen it, it was still hard to actually hear it from someone else who's lived it. It still raised more questions than it answered. At least to her.

"Legio? You mean Legion? Now that I think of it....that thing looked kinda like them....But man this is still confusing as ******** but...Your kind couldn't handle the seeds.But we can. Were we.....made to withstand it?" Liv rubbed her head a little." Ahhh this too much after a day like this."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:50 pm
This was a lot for Trinity to take in. The fate of the world rested upon their shoulders, it seems so overwhelming. She wondered a moment if this was what it was like for her ancestor when she found out that the fate of the world rested upon her shoulders. At least this time the burden is shared, or so it seemed.

"So if Legio was Legion's predecessor. I suppose Umbra is mine in a sense and Liv's is Lumen. Were the all seeing eyes originally Lumen's?"

"It seems despite their best efforts the hell star is returning. This time, we will have to do more than just seal it. If possible we should try to destroy it."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:44 pm
Deora did her best to keep a straight face when Damien nonchalantly announced his/her new choice in gender for the entire women's restroom to hear. Fortunately, it seemed mostly empty, aside from their little group. She was glad Kerana took her up on the suggestion of ice cream. Getting away from a gender-biased room might solve at least one of the more embarrassing parts of this conversation. She was also glad she didn't have to explain the wonders of ice cream to the kid. It seemed to be a universal truth; ice cream made everything better.

She waited patiently as Kerana made herself presentable again, and led the group to the food court ice cream shop. There were a little over thirty flavors on display behind the sneeze guard, along with a variety of toppings like sprinkles or that magic chocolate that hardened into a shell. All guaranteed to improve a mood.

As they made their way to the counter to order, something in the back of her mind told her Damien might need the same instructions she always gave her little brothers; "Don't get more than a small bowl, or two scoops on a cone. Ice cream makes your eyes bigger than you stomach, and I'm not carrying you when you get a tummy ache."

As for herself, the bright green of the mint chocolate chip was calling out to her, telling her it would go great with that magic shell stuff. Maybe a medium bowl.

"Kerana,"
She added with a joking smile, "You're a big girl, you get whatever you want"  

Deora_Alvarez

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:57 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Gidget sat next to her man and scooted as close as she could to him. She could see that he was still feeling the effects of the DJ's bass canon. She wasn't feeling all that great either. The question that had been on the tip of her tongue for the last hour finally found it's voice.

"What was that, do you think? That was a pretty elaborate way to get us into that parking garage."

Ako put an arm around her to pull her close. "I don't even know." He said, staring at a spot on the floor to keep the nausea at bay, "I haven't been that directly targeted since Ray. I've been attacked, but never by someone who took my powers into account. I've never been wrangled into a trap like that before, either. It could be Dauntless, but I thought I'd done a pretty good job staying under their radar."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:07 am
PixelMuse

Trinity was paying attention to Sill but noticed movement from where Rock was sitting. She smirked a little and sealed the door's edges making it unable to open for the moment.

Rock slowly turned the door handle and gently pulled, and pulled, and pulled a little harder. She turned her head enough to see the door in her peripherals. She caught something dark sticking out of the door. She followed the shadow to it's source and huffed silently.

She let go of the door handle and crossed her arms. She would wait. They had to slip up sometime. She thought she may as well pay more attention to the black thing's story.

BeaMichelle

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:41 pm
Charles gave Theonis as he left. He returned his full attention to his only child as she stood there glaring daggers at him.

"You...look well."

Heather huffed smoke from her nostrils again. She said nothing.

"I heard about what happened to your step-brother. You have my condolences."

"What do you want?" she demanded.

Charles pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and coughed into it again while holding up a finger toward his daughter.

"What I want, Helena, is for you to sit. Sit and listen. Please."

She rolled her eyes and dragged a chair behind herself. She plopped down and shrugged.

"There. I'm sitting. Now what?"

Charles then began to do what he does best. Pontificate.

"As you can probably tell, I am not in the best of health. A cancer had developed and spread throughout most of my body. I am dying, and there is nothing that can be done to stop that. As you are my only child, you are the rightful heir to my legacy."

"Your legacy?! Of what, developing weapons of mass murder?! Kidnapping children and making them into living assembly lines?! Your little paramilitary group?! Tell me, Charles, why I should care what you leave me. Why shouldn't I just let it all crumble as it's fought over by your share holders?"

"If that is what you wish to do with the company I have built, then so be it. I only ask that you fulfill this one ******** y-"

"Kill me."

"..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:39 pm
Sill turned to Liv first and answered, "You are correct, Liv. When we came to this world, a great cataclysm had already been and gone. Life was abundant, and highly varied. We dispersed our essence among many species that we saw potential in. We hoped that by doing so the Hicce, as we came to call those who had been touched by us, would be immune to the effects of the meteors. We changed our appearances over the years and cultivated many cultures. Some thrived, most did not."

"The all seeing eyes were bequeathed to the bloodline of Anima. Vivi and Soul had decided to ensure that the people they had chosen to oversee inherited their eyes. We were told by our parents to protect the bloodline of life, because it was in those eyes that we may find the way to end the Hell Star's reign."

"When the meteors finally came, we knew we had to teach the Hicce how to access their source in preparation for the Hell Star. What happened next was highly unexpected. The meteors allowed immediate access to the source, but there was a cost."

"In most cases, the connection was incomplete or warped in some way. It resulted in many losing their minds or control of their powers after a few decades. The effect seemed to occur more rapidly in those that were ill, though we didn't have a name for what ailed them. Eutha and Crosis, the children of death, noted that the only similarity between them were strange growths that were in differing parts of their body. They described it as though the body was attacking itself."

"We also came to realize that the coming of the meteors was not an immediate warning of the Hell Stars arrival. Rather, it was it's attempt to break through the barrier that kept it locked away. The showers came in shorter spans after that. A millennium at first, then a few centuries, then one century, then a few decades, all in all there have been no less than one hundred meteors showers of varying intensity."

"Correct me if I am wrong, but the latest gap was not but thirteen years, yes?"
she asked those around her.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:17 am
"Other cultures? Races or cultures? Like the Maya's and Aztects or... like Rydia over here?

"Yeah,last one was about a 2 months ago or something." Liv answered. She began to think about all of this. It was a lot to take in. The eyes were from Anima's bloodline. From what she gathered Anima stood for life. And Rydia would be part of that bloodline but not fully if she recalled it correctly. Her eye wasn't complete because she wasn't an elf. So did that mean that the pure bloodline is dead?

"Shouldn't we like....call Theo? I mean he is in charge of this place." Liv looked at Tirnity." Seems like it's kinda important for him to also hear this.

Theonis stood outside of the room. Leaning against the wall next to the door.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:24 pm
Nova Blancke

"Shouldn't we like....call Theo? I mean he is in charge of this place." Liv looked at Trinity." Seems like it's kinda important for him to also hear this.

This whole situation seemed to only get heavier by the minute. She had mistakenly thought that the worst would be over by the time she was back in Valhalla. Instead it appears the worst was yet to come.

She looked her phone. She really need to talk to him on more personal matters, but now wasn't the time to do it. The last thing he needed is having her decision weighing upon him so heavily, if things ended up that route. As usual she put her personal life on hold and addressed the impending doom at hand.

She texted her man.
Trinity Smith

Hey Theo,
We're back in our apartment.
Something heavy is coming,
all of Valhalla is at risk. You may
want to drop by, that is if you're not
too busy with Charles.

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:11 pm
The atmosphere in the room was thick with tension.

"...You want me...to kill you?" Heather asked.

Charles strained to hold back another coughing fit before responding.

"This disease is not pleasant, and my eventual passing may result in something terrible befalling this city. I've worked to hard to make it the bastion of technology and advancement that it is. I even went so far as to hasten my passing by assisting in the destruction of the thing called Legion. I've read your file, and immolation the the safest way to dispose of me."

Heather shot out of her chair and shouted, "Are you nuts?! You want me to burn you alive?! I'm about to be tried for murder as it is! Now you want to make me a repeat offender?!"

Charles shook his head and walked up to his daughter, stopping a few feet short of her.

"You wont be killing an innocent man. You'll be putting down a monster."

The air around Charles began to grow dark. It didn't take long for the darkness to permeate through the room

Heather back up against the wall and anxiously asked, "What's happening? Are you doing this?"

Charles was struggling to keep his eyes open. "It seems I have lost control. At least it is miles underground. Helena...you, and the rest of this facility will have to conquer your greatest fears if you want to ever leave here again. Just remember that what you are about to see is a dream, but it can kill you if you let it."

The darkness that was emanating from Charles quickly swept through the air ducks, and it was beginning to work it's way through the door Theonis was standing outside of.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:43 pm

"Death by dark chocolate please, two scoops." The fox girl ordered after carefully inspecting the other variations of chocolate ice cream. After a, few licks they sat down to enjoy their creamy dessert. "I'm really sorry, about earlier, it's been so long since I last saw my folks. All I know is they were captured the same day I was. Daedalus caught me and I was on a one way ticket to their head quarters."

"I was lucky that Trinity got me out of there unfortunately she couldn't do the same for my folks. I try to put it aside and Trinity had promised that she would search for them, but she seems so busy as of late."

((OOC: I had to do it… could not resist XD))

Rikki Tikki Travi

Deora_Alvarez

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:27 am
Damien had difficulty selecting a single flavor. She wanted to try them all. She, instead, opted to select the favorite flavor of the man she used to be. Mint chocolate chip.

She listed carefully to Kerana's story before opting to add in her two cents.

"How long ago did this happen?" she asked. "What is it that makes you certain they're still alive?"

Kerana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:57 am
Sill was about to go into another piece of exposition when she felt something stir. Her silver eyes looked in the direction of the creeping darkness as she attempted to discern what was approaching.

She recognized it. It reeked of Eutha's dead dream dust ability.

"Something awful is coming. I must return to the shadow realm. I'm sorry, but if my worst fears are made real it will break the barrier immediately. Trinity, Freya, Liv, do not use your travel abilities, or the dust will follow you. It thrives on fear, and will only continue to spread if it reaches the surface."

Without another word, Sill's eyes vanished into the shadows and Trinity's shadow became normal again.

Freya tried to reach into the shadow to pull Sill out, but she found it nothing more than a regular shadow. Sill had sealed Trinity's shadow from infiltration.

The ********?! Hey, you can't just ditch us after something like that! she shouted.

Rydia uncovered her left eye and looked in the direction Sill was just looking. She gasped before re-covering her eye and asking Liv, "Your power cancellation bubble, how big can you make it?"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:20 am
The Count of Monte Carlo
Ako put an arm around her to pull her close. "I don't even know." He said, staring at a spot on the floor to keep the nausea at bay, "I haven't been that directly targeted since Ray. I've been attacked, but never by someone who took my powers into account. I've never been wrangled into a trap like that before, either. It could be Dauntless, but I thought I'd done a pretty good job staying under their radar."

Gidget made a face. She turned her head toward Ako and asked, "Who's Dauntless? Did you mean Daedalus?"  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games