Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:54 pm
The stone had blown through Rydia's foot and ricochet off of her grit teeth. She simultaneously gripped her mouth and fell back while letting out a muffled cry.

Carak acted immediately and clamped his jaws around the girl's throat. He had been trained no to kill in this manner, but merely make the person in his grasp think twice about trying anything else.

Rydia grabbed her foot with one hand and rubbed her mouth with the other.

"Damnit! There's a hole in my foot! Sonova...S...ssssss?" she hissed.

She traced her tongue over her teeth and felt a lack of point.

"My teeth!" she yelled.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:59 pm
Theresa was about to harden her skin when she felt her body return to normal. Her eyes went wide with fright as the dog's teeth lay against her petite throat.

She didn't understand. Why wouldn't her body do what she wanted?

She heard Rydia's shouting and glared at her.

"Chhrk...sounds like an...ach...improvement." she choked out.

BeaMichelle

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:18 pm
Her fist burst with a golden glow when Rydia responded in pain. But her actions may not be necessary as the wolf already jumped in.

She had to admit that despite the situation, she did sound better. But she turned her attention back to the girl.

"Sucks...doesn't it? Not having your power obey you." Her hand felt the her backside where the stone hit her. Liv would have to thank Gidget for the suit. It really did stop a bullet. Thankfully the pain was already vanishing as the bruise healed.

Liv walked over to Rydia and put acted as support for her. Literally. It'd be hard to walk or even stand with a hole like that in your foot.

"We'll get your fixed up in Valhalla."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:20 pm
Theo chuckled as the girls left. He'd send out a jet but he'd need to know the location. It'd be very hard for them to find them if the island had already sank.

He dialed Trinity in hoping he got through to her. So he would know she was fine. And so he could pinpoint the location.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:22 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Gidget gladly climbed behind Ako and rest her head between his shoulder again. She hoped that the trip home wouldn't be as rough as the one she just finished.

Home...

Lately she had come to wonder whether she still thought of the facility as a proper home. Sure it had everything she could ever want or need, and all of the people she cared about lived there with her.

She wondered if that was the problem Ako had been having. Did he feel like a prisoner underground? She'd definitely have to talk to him about it later. But right then, it was time to ride

The bike backfired a few more times on the way out of the garage, but soon they were on their way, relatively smoothly, back to Valhalla. Despite the comfort of Gidget nestled against his back, and the knowledge that she would stay by his side, he wondered about the future. His body seemed to go on autopilot, keeping the ride smooth, even as he kept the pace up. Cruising seemed like a bad idea now that he knew someone was after him.

It was easy to let the mind wander while on the bike. Controlling it was second nature, and the constant smooth rumble lulled the consciousness into flowing trains of thought. Ako's mind wandered to thoughts of what was to come. Not just the process of repairing the bike, but after that. It seemed as though someone was after him, and whoever it was knew his powers. It would be dangerous for him to stay around such a large population, even if most had powers of their own. He didn't want to risk another attack putting everyone else at risk.

He couldn't just leave, though. Not without taking Gidget with him. He didn't want to leave her, but he couldn't stand the thought of her being in danger. He'd struggled with that thought ever since the incident with Charles Ray. He still had nightmares about finding her mangled body. He also knew he couldn't stand to be away from her anymore. He needed her to keep himself from falling apart.

He wanted off this train of thought. With a twist of the throttle and a lane change around a truck, he focused on the ride. He tried to lose his thoughts in the feelings of the wind, the rumble of the engine, and Gidget's form pressed against his back, her arms around him. These were all that mattered. He'd figure out the rest later.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:50 pm
Deora_Alvarez
She hated feeling useless. She stated as much to Kerana once they were in the hallway. "Is that really all we can do? Run and tell someone? I thought we'd have more to do after that."

Kerana's ears flattened, she wished she could do more to but what? She looked to Deora and responded, "I know, but...what else are we supposed to do? Sneak on a jet to get over there? Then what-"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Damien had been following the two girls since they had left the dorm. What they said had interested him greatly, but it was what was in their thoughts that caused him pause.

However it seemed as though the man called Theonis had things fairly well under control. So now it was time for him to do something he hadn't been allowed to do since he was "born."

He approached the girls from behind and cleared his throat to draw their attention to himself.

The fox girl's ears turned toward the source, which was a boy. "Oh? Hiya, sorry we didn't see ya there. Is there some thing you need?" she paused a moment and looked at the boy.

"Y'know, you remind me of someone... I can't put my finger on it..." Her tail swayed in thought, it was drive her nuts. She was usually good with names and faces. He kind of reminded her of that kid that helped out Heather last month but he was much younger. Older brother perhaps?

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:43 pm
Nova Blancke
"We'll get your fixed up in Valhalla."

Rydia hoisted herself up against Liv. She kept her injured foot up and hissed at the pain.

"What's a Valhalla?" she asked between grunts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:19 pm
"Home for people like me. Every single person there has been affected by the meteors. It's a safe place for us. I don't think you are a meta but you fit right in. I got a massive apartment there." Liv explained.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:11 am
The Count of Monte Carlo
He couldn't just leave, though. Not without taking Gidget with him. He didn't want to leave her, but he couldn't stand the thought of her being in danger. He'd struggled with that thought ever since the incident with Charles Ray. He still had nightmares about finding her mangled body. He also knew he couldn't stand to be away from her anymore. He needed her to keep himself from falling apart.

He wanted off this train of thought. With a twist of the throttle and a lane change around a truck, he focused on the ride. He tried to lose his thoughts in the feelings of the wind, the rumble of the engine, and Gidget's form pressed against his back, her arms around him. These were all that mattered. He'd figure out the rest later.

As they rolled into the garage, Gidget gripped Ako's arm and pointed him toward an isolated corner she had been saving for a surprise.

"Park it over there. I meant to show you before, but I kept getting distracted."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:15 am
Kerana
The fox girl's ears turned toward the source, which was a boy. "Oh? Hiya, sorry we didn't see ya there. Is there some thing you need?" she paused a moment and looked at the boy.

"Y'know, you remind me of someone... I can't put my finger on it..." Her tail swayed in thought, it was drive her nuts. She was usually good with names and faces. He kind of reminded her of that kid that helped out Heather last month but he was much younger. Older brother perhaps?

Damien allowed himself a quick glean of the girl's thoughts.

"The person I'm reminding you of is me. It would appear that I'm aging at an accelerated rate. The confusion is understandable."

He looked between the two girls and asked, " I would like to experience life outside of this facility. Would it be acceptable if I were to ask the two of you to accompany me to the surface?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Kerana blinked a little, "Oh? Well that solves that mystery. I want to thank you once more for saving our friend Heather. Funny you should ask about the surface." She looked to Deora, "I don't see why not huh Deora? I just need to tell Alec that his message was delivered, he seemed pretty worried about it. Then I need to pick up a hat to y'know cover these." She pointed to her ears "Aside from that we'd be good to go."

Deora_Alvarez

The Count of Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

Freya threw her hands to the side as she snapped at Trinity.

"What's this s**t I'm hearing? You failed them? How do you think I feel? That's my family! But think about what would've happened if we hadn't been here. Yes people died, but think of those that lived."

Sill laid a wispy hand of Trinity's shoulder and said, "She's right. The elves would be extinct if we hadn't intervened. Dusk may have won, but it will take days, maybe even weeks, before he is at full strength after this. He will need to do so outside of the shadow realm or risk being devoured by it's denizens. Valhalla will be safe, but not if we die here."

Trinity let out a deep sigh,"I suppose you're right." She bit her lip, she couldn't place her finger on it but despite how chaotic things have been recently, she had a sinking feeling. But she had to put it aside for now, she now had to focus on getting everyone home. Though the survivorsā€¦if there were so many of them she could do a good sized but she had her limits.

"Let's go, there are plenty of shadows on the dragon right now, we had picked up the dragon worshipers. Follow me, if you can keep up?" She teased. She waited for Freya's response then dashed ahead.

They emerged behind a couple of priests in the middle of Heather's back. Though they may have been shaken up, Trinity made her way toward Heather's head. "Heather, I'm back with Freya in tow. Have you pin pointed Liv's location?"

Trinity felt her phone going off she pulled it out of her pocket. She tried reaching for it but found that her armor did not have pockets. The phone stopped ringing and went to voicemail. The email she had composed earlier got sent to Theonis but it no longer had the latest detail. She needed to return the call, to let him know that she was okay, 'she' being Liv, considering what happened earlier. She let out a deep breath to shrug off the train of thought for now. Internally she asked Sill how to dismiss the armor, then once she had the answer, she said "Releaseā€¦" and willed it so.

The armor faded away and she picked up her phone to confirm that it was Theonis. She really needed to talk to him about earlier but now wasn't the time to do it. Hopefully this time he wouldn't be barking a slew of orders before giving a chance to respond. She called him back once he answered the phone, out of her lips she responded, "Hello Theonis."

Nova Blancke

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:53 pm
Deora shrugged at Kerana and the kid's idea. "Sure. If we can't actively help Heather, I at least don't want to be cooped up in here. Some fresh air and a walk sounds good."

She couldn't help but wonder where their walk would take them. Was there something the kid wanted to see, or would they just wander around? With a little smirk, she wondered if she should show them where she'd been living. Maybe the Rat Guy and his pack would like to know about Valhalla. Would they even be accepted? The idea of them moving in made her skin crawl, but she couldn't stop herself from speculating.

Kerana

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:04 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
As they rolled into the garage, Gidget gripped Ako's arm and pointed him toward an isolated corner she had been saving for a surprise.

"Park it over there. I meant to show you before, but I kept getting distracted."

Though she couldn't see, Ako quirked an eyebrow in question at her request. What had she done that he hadn't seen? Sure he hadn't payed attention to all of her projects, but he was sure he'd have been there to help her with one in the garage. Maybe she'd been working on in while he was out riding. The thought that he'd been out enough for her to complete a new project added to his feeling of guilt. On the other hand, she could take something from rough idea to completed product in hours, even minutes if she had the materials in front of her. She could easily get something done if the few hours his rides sometimes took.

As he rolled the bike into the indicated spot, he wondered what the surprise might be,even as he reached out with his EM sense to try and find any out-of-place electrical conduits.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:24 am
Theo let out an audible sigh.

"Thank God....I've been trying to reach you for a while but I am guessing there isn't a good connection there. Are you okay?" Theo replied as he dropped in his chair.

"Alec had a premonition. The island is going to fall and cause a tidal wave. I don't know how things are on your end but I am about to send a few jets if we have those. "

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games