Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Duplexes
[Journal] Duplex #1 - Ambrose Maurlias & Angelina Swanson Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:52 am
He nodded. It was the truth - they were captives here no matter where they went on the Island, they were never really 'free'. "It's just a matter of perception, really. What you make of it. We're prisoners here... It's going to happen.... but... at least they're giving you the choice. They don't give that to most. You can choose to go willingly on your own terms.... or leave it to them. But... if it makes you feel better..... I just want you to know that no matter what happens.... I'll always love you."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:55 am
Angelina managed a weak smile, though she was blinking back tears. "Come with me, please," she said, barely audible.  

Angelina Swanson

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:58 am
"I would be happy to." He replied confidently without a moment's pause. He extended a pawed hand to her, hoping to be the strength that she needed so badly in this moment.

HE buzzed a reply to Aubrey to let her know of their decision, and led Angelina back towards the laboratories feeling as if he were walking a funerary march.

Several times he opened his mouth to speak, but closed it each time. There was nothing he could think of to say to make the walk easier, to settle her nerves without it sounding forced. Even with Aubrey's reassurance, however, he still worried. He knew now what it felt to lose her... it was as if a piece of him were missing. Since her return to him he had clung to her like a needy child sometimes. He wasn't sure half the time if it was his overcompensating for her absence, overprotectiveness of the union they shared, or some deeper, more primal lupine instinct. Likely it was a sort of combination. But still, as he walked her to the people who claimed that they could help her, he couldn't shake the feeling at the same time that he was in a way betraying her. Subjecting her to the same fate that he had railed against. Maybe Emelyn was right in her silent protest against the staff by returning to the jungle - refusing their hospitality and gifts that could only be wrenched away if the whim stuck them. But... Ambrose was used to creature comforts... and wanted the best for the two of them. Even if it meant opening themselves up to more pain later. And yet, by walking into the spider's web they were all but saying they consented.... right?

Or he was just overthinking things again. But this whole mess was so confusing... a situation that man was never meant to be subjected to. But as he walked by Angelina, knowing that she was here because of him... that she was walking to the place that would strip a piece of her very humanity away because of him, he couldn't help but let a small inhuman whimper escape his throat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:14 am
Angie was silent the entire walk there, holding onto Ambrose's hand, but not barely looking up from the ground. She kept the breath catch in her throat as the main facility came into view, but after a moment hesitation, she continued along the way.  

Angelina Swanson

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:16 am
Aubrey was waiting in the Lobby, making sure the doors opened for them. She walked forward and gave a professional, neutral smile. Ambrose would notice a sting in his lupine nose - antiseptic medicone covering a faint oder or a healing wound.

"This way please," she said quietly, ushering Angelina towards the elevators. She gave a glance to Ambrose, knowing it would be futile trying to convince him to stay behind.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:18 am
Ambrose gave a small snort trying to clear the mediciney smell from his nose and wiped at it before realizing that it carried the tinge of an old wound. His brows furrowed quickly as he glanced over Aubrey. Her mannerisms were sharp and cold. Had something happened?

It wasn't the time for such questions.

His hand never left Angelina's, nor did he pretend that he was anything but welcome as he walked in.

Very quietly, he whispered to Angelnia. "Do... you want to know beforehand...?"

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Angelina Swanson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:21 am
"I don't know," she whispered back, but then noticed Aubrey was glancing at them as the elevator rose with a piqued expression. She sighed and squeezed Ambrose's hand.

It was a dilemma. It was killing her not to know. But at the same time, if she was turning into something bad, then it would be batter not knowing - but being she would find out in a few hours, it seemed rather pointless either way now.

"Is it...bad?" she asked Aubrey smally as they stepped out of the elevator and into the labs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:22 am
Aubrey took a glance at the file. "That's a great matter of opinion," she sighed. "Things that I wouldn't consider bad - like a tiger - are not being taken well at all by certain islanders."  

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

Angelina Swanson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:22 am
Angie swallowed and looked to Ambrose, wondering what he thought.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:25 am
A frown graced his features at the reply from Aubrey that did nothing more to indicate the truth of the matter than his own meandering thoughts.

"That isn't entirely helpful." He vocalized. "Although in my opinion, there is a great deal more animals much worse than a tiger." He paused, "at least it's mammalian." He finished, half asking for a clue without really doing so, while indicating that he would view that favorably.

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Angelina Swanson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:27 am
Aubrey indicated Angie sit up on the examination table, and she did so. She watched the woman take the serum out of the storage and she visable paled.

"I have to know," she finally squeaked, looking more towards Ambrose than Aubrey.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:31 am
"Spotted Genet," she said, not even having to glance at the file. "Genetta genetta. Its a cat-relative. Pretty cute if you ask me... there are certainly islander's worse off."

Ambrose got a sudden whiff of something he had never smelt before. It wasn't a tangible object, just a very slight, very subtle overtone from Aubrey, like ... like an aura? Or something from her pores. A dark, tangy scent. It occured to Ambrose that this was...an emmotion. Something dark... sadness? Guilt?

"I, uh, didn't really agree with the circumstances... you know.. why you were.. ah.. I tried to do the best I could with my current choices..." she mumbled.

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:36 am
Visable relief washed over Ambrose as the words of Angelina's fate was uttered. "A genet..?" He queried optimistically. He had never heard of the creature before, but not only was it mammalian but apparently related to a feline... which was cute in his book. And certainly a thousand times better than the morbid discussions he and Angelina had spoken of that involved cockroaches and flounders.

"That... that doesn't sound bad at all..." He ventured, looking back to Angelina. Admittedly, the prospect of sitting there and knowing that you were being injected with a philter that would change her into any sort of animal was disconcerting to say the least.

He looked more intensely at Aubrey. "what... what do you mean?" The sensation of the... was it guilt? Could these canine senses signify that to him? "Did.... did you have something to do with Angelina's arrival...?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:40 am
"No, not really," Aubrey admitted, preparing the serum. "I wanted you to tell her you had passed away, so she could move on. Or something... I know that sounds horrible, but I just know if Nick went missing I'd just want to know... instead of clining to hope.." she looked up into their eyes and immediately regretted going down that path. She cleared her throat. "I felt bad Angelina was brought here. Especially sense she was so obviously dedicated to you, and all.. .and, well, you had," she looked to Ambrose, "You know.. you talked about her alot. I think Moreau thought it would be romantic. I didn't agree, but, uh.. I mean... I didn't want to be... malicious or anything. We didn't have any lupine serums at the time so I figured, you know, this would be better than some of the other options..." by this point she was obviously rambling, hoping Ambrose or Angelina would say something.  

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:46 am
Ambrose nodded quietly. The ire that had been building at the thought of a bad serum or an intentional experiment of withholding Angelna's next injection to see what might happened settled at the obvious concern and respect for their union.

"It was hard." Ambrose said quietly. "The... lack of closure.... hoping we'd see eachother again some day." His eyes stole a glance from Ambrose. "I... I couldn't just give up... even when I...." his ears lay back. "you know. I ... I just felt guilty."

He looked down at his hands, using one claw to clean under one of the others. "I... I am glad we're together.... as... Gragh... I didn't want to take her freedom from her.... I really would never have wished that on her... but I know it sounds selfish..." He didnt' want to finish the thought - it spoke for itself.

He watched, unable to pull his eyes from her preparation of the serum. genet.... He'd have to look the animal up in the books in the entertianment center.

The Duplexes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games