Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012
✥ { CLASS } ----------------------------Jewelcrafting Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:56 pm
Nothing Yet
SN: Lucyal

Hel wondered, as she came into class and took her seat, if they’d be doing more battling today. She listened to the lecture intently as she had for the past few days, taking the words to heart. This class had definitely taught her a new appreciation and respect for jewels. Before, she just always thought they were gaudy things used to represent wealth or status, but now that she had the chance to make something of a gem and then use it in battle, she had a new view on things. Hel stared down at the ring on her palm thoughtfully.

To give, or not to give.

It seemed like a lot of her class mates were giving theirs up…but Hel didn’t want to. This might be her only memento of her time here at Death Isle. It was a reminder of time and effort she put into something new, and a reminder of receiving kind, encouraging words and constructive criticism from a Horsewoman. Hel’s hand enclosed around the ring, and she gave a firm nod of her head as if to confirm her answer to herself.

She was going to keep her ring.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:08 pm
Reiko floated into the class, looking rather dismayed by her failure the previous day. She was beginning to seriously doubt herself. Not only had she been utterly destroyed during class, she had also failed in her training later. This...was not what she would call a good week for her.

She walked up to the jewelry case and considered. She wasn't much one for gems herself, though she had grown a bit attached to the necklace as it was something she had worked with her own hands. However, the idea of presenting a reverent sacrifice to the priestesses tugged at her. She picked it up and placed it in the offering plate.

"It seems the least I can do is offer this up as thanks for this amazing experience," the onryo said. And indeed it had been. Though it had not always gone well, she had made friends and experienced all sorts of new things.

Nothing Yet
Reiko offers up her necklace c:
Minis SN: Songstress Kitsune

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The next day he came and listened to what Yalira had to say the thing that had caught his attention the most was the idea of offering up what he had made to the priestesses. While he had intended this to be a gift for Lark he couldn't help but think that if he were to give Lark a trinket he could make her something new on his own time and with more thought and consideration behind it as well. Yes, he was proud of his necklace but it didn't represent Lark entirely either - nor did it particularly represent him.

Yes. This was the best course of action. He wanted to thank them for his time here and this was probably the best way to go about it. Kettil smiled as he walked up to the offering plate and smiled at Yalira, "Thank you so much for the teachings. I will keep them in mind always." He gave a small bow and placed his offering on the plate before he moved on, even Endzela gave a small bow from her perch on Kettil's shoulder. He had no real questions but he did stay nearby in case the questions asked by other students had answers in them that better explain everything.

All the knowledge. All of it.

Nothing Yet
Minis SN: Pales

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:12 pm
Nothing Yet
SN: moonlit raven

Ilztmyr'ree is offering his jewelry to the Priestess.

There was no decision to be made, not once Ylaria had described the giving up their jewelry as a sacrifice, and Myr made his way to the priestess. He placed his hairpin in the offering plate, silently, and respectfully. This culture reminded him too much of his own to anything else, and he backed away, making room for any of the others who were going to do the same.

He didn't have any questions of his own to ask, since the ones that he was going to had been asked by others, and the reaper boy remained nearby to hear her answers.  

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Katarina Everard

Mythical Gem

19,900 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:31 pm
The next day when the class was gathered together again, Imryn sat and listened as Ylaria talked a bit more about the culture and suggested that they could give their piece up to the priestess as a offering.

This was a bit of a dilema for the young ghoul. To keep one of the first things that she'd made with her own hands and was quite proud of... or to give it to the priestess as a offering to the Death clan. It was not something to be taken lightly, at least in her mind. Granted, she had learned how to make such things on her own now thanks to Instructor Ylaria, even if the gems used in her later creations weren't with FEAR infused gems. But on the other hand, there was a good bit of sentimental value attached to this piece. There weren't many times in Imryns life that she coudl say that she was proud of something that she'd done... but this was one of them. However... she hadn't been able to put as much time and care into this piece as she would have liked. It was still a good piece though, and would be good as a offering or a gift.

In the end she decided that she would give up her necklace, waiting patiently for her turn before heading up to the front to place her offering on the plate the priestess was holding. Imryn turned to face Ylaria then, feeling a tad nervous about saying anything due to how most of the Horsemen seemed to view Halloween as a whole, but she wanted to express a small bit of her gratitude. "Thank you very much for the lessons and the brief look into a part of your culture. I had great time here and appreciate the time that you've taken to teach us."

Nothing Yet
SN: Katarina Everard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The power behind the FEAR infused jewelery was a helpful aid, Phos realized that, the clansmen of death were blessed to know such a helpful ability. The ways of their clan were odd and highly secretive, but effective in their own manner and very concerned with the preservation of their culture.

Part of the point of this cultural observation trip. He listen quietly to Ylaria explain the importance of the gems in their culture, and the priestesses that were the focal point of it all. There was no doubt in the pup's mind what he had to do.

Even if he loved the shiny he crafted with his own hands, it had to be returned to them, out of respect. "I cant keep this then, but I will keep what i learned here and hope that I can receive your Blessings and Guidance with this trinket." he said calmly, and unlike how the hyperactive monster personality normally acted. The copper and gem encrusted accessory fell into the pile of already offered trinkets with a soft c***k and settled into place before he bowed away and was off toward their instructor "Is there any chance of keeping the blueprints for jewelry crafting?" he asked earnestly, staring doe eyed at the ghoul. "Even if gems with these special properties are rare outside of the island, I'd still like to hone that skill."

It was worth a shot, if he could have a pendant made by his mother from the clan, jewelry crafting may also be a nice way to honor her. It was worth the shot to ask.

Nothing Yet
Offering Brooch + a question
SN: Bloodlust

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:59 pm
Ace had been gracious for Ylaria's help the day before when he'd been rescued from the shade. Today though the shame and guilt of needing so much help showed in his lateness to class. It wasn't terribly late, but the bright eyed greed demon wasn't in the same mood he was the first three days he'd arrived. He'd arrived in the death classroom with his pin clipped to his chest (though it was designed for hair).

Of all the things the clan wished to ask of these students Ace had only really found comfort in ONE of them, and that was the beginning of the course in which making the jewelry was prominent. Fighting? Offering up his treasure? These were hard to do just so willingly. Still he managed right? The boil did survive and he was here today to tell his story, if you could even call that survival. Cultural reasoning for the submission of his handy work was... just not enough for him to give it up.

But as Ace was called up to make his final decision, he approached the priestess slowly, quietly, and solemnly. There was a face of dissatisfaction that the boil had a hard time hiding. Right now, even with as simple of a creation he was deliberating handing over he struggled internally to commit.

"I uh choose to k-"

Ace felt something silencing him before he could continue. Tugging at his very soul (or lackthereof) was the reminder that Ylaria had indeed helped him out without anything to gain- expecting no money or anything out of him. She had 'placed her bet' already but had he? Ace couldn't recall ever mentioning even compensation for what she'd done at such an embarassing moment here on this trip. Maybe... maybe this was what he had to do to return the favor?

Any demon could appreciate the foundries of deal making, though none ever liked to lose out. What exactly would Ace be losing out on by giving up his borrowed treasure anyway?

"Actually I wish to offer this to you, Ylaria."

Nothing Yet
I dont have my picture of my jewelry on my dad's laptop

Sn: King Inversitle
Choice: OFFERING  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:38 pm
On this, their last day of jewelcrafting, West entered the classroom silently and listened as Ylaria extolled the virtues of gems once again, urging them to... oh, hell no.

He thought he had a much greater understanding of the significance of the priestesses' bangles and offerings now, and maybe he would have been willing to sacrifice his bauble a month ago, but now? He had made this tiny ruby and diamond ring with his own hands. He had made it with someone in mind, and he didn't want to give it up, even if he wasn't yet ready to give it to who it was meant for.

When the offering plate was in front of him, West closed his fingers around his ring and shook his head faintly. "I 'preciate what yer doin'ere, but I gotta keep this. I'll take good care of it though."

And he was going to fight some more shades. That would help somebody, right?

Nothing Yet
sn: smerdle
Thank you for an awesome class! <3

Smerdle

Scamp

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:00 pm
A bit too prideful of his victory over the shade during their precious session, Thackery sat with his head held high, as if awaiting his own personal praise. When it became evident that nothing of the sort was going to take place, he drooped just a bit, visibly disappointed. But he'd done so well! Hadn't the Death lady been watching?

He listened carefully to her lecture, concentrating more than he usually might in hopes that she might still slip in a 'good boy!' Instead, he found something even better. Their culture offered shiny jewelry to...

All of that concentration was lost, as he imagined piles and piles of sparkling jewels surrounding him, an eager line of dedicated subjects waiting to approach with their own gifts.

If the Cerberus had not already solidly decided that Death Island was the best ever, he certainly had now. Having missed a significant chunk of Ylaria's last words preceding the priestess' entrance, he didn't quite understand why he should be placing his lovely work in her little plate.

Thackery wasn't giving up his necklace. Why would he need blessings from a priestess? He was a king. Ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm
Angenora returned the next day to her jewel crafting class with her armlet on her left arm. She listened to what Ylaria was saying about how they could either keep their item or give it up to the priestess. She looked down at the silver wire armlet with a slight frown. "It wouldn't be right to keep this. I'm going to be giving this to you, Priestess." She said as she placed it among the other offerings, feeling better about her choice than the idea of possibly keeping it.

Nothing Yet

SN: Frezir Bloodfire
Choice: Offered Armlet"

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:32 am
Inu-Mitsu
"I was wondering, is it possible to imbue gems with FEAR yourself or do they naturally form that way?"

"The gems found on this island are all formed by FEAR - which is why one might notice a slight difference in texture and appearance when comparing...a FEAR diamond and a natural diamond, for instance." She considered how beneficial it might have been to have loose natural gemstones to exhibit the two of them side-by-side...but such things were so useless to her that she wasn't even sure that she had any on hand. "However, it is possible to 'refresh' FEAR gems that have been drained of their essence. We do this in the Sanctuary of the Departed, where your sacrificed jewelry will be taken."

Trira
"Excuse me, Lady Ylaria...Would there be any way to be able to continue Jewelcrafting back in Halloween? Or is Jewelcrafting only allowed to be performed here?"

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx
"um, teacher....could we perhaps be able to make another someday, even if it not in death isle"

How wonderful it felt to know that they were growing attached to her craft! "Certainly. I am sure that you would be able to find many of the necessary supplies at..." Oh, what was their market called. "...the...'Maul'? Of course, you would reap no benefits from the pieces that you create, unless you enchant or charm them. Perhaps your own instructors could assist you with this."

kalindara
Do you think the Clan would ever allow apprentices from outside? Like, after we finished school or something?"

"Is it ever sold to other Clans, or outside the Four Clans? Or is the jewelry too important to this Clan to pass along?"

"Is there any difference in jewelry created for battle and those created for the priestesses or as sacrifices?

"Perhaps, at some point in the future. There are things of the craft and our clan that we are not yet ready to share. Should that time come, I would be glad to find any of you as an apprentice. As for the sale and distribution of our jewelry: we do offer items to other clans at a price, but these are limited to very simple pieces. The greatest and finest gemstones and jewelry are limited to our clan and our rites." Her gaze followed the student as she offered her brooch to the priestess. "Physically? No drastic differences. Of course, styles vary to best suit the wearer. Delicate jewelry would be most frequently found on priestesses - sturdy jewelry most frequently on guardians. All gems are worthy of sacrifice, but a priestess would be more likely to wear gems that have properties beneficial to their position. Of the ones we studied, these would be ruby and amethyst."

Sadi Sidhe
"I had a question the other day, but class ended and there was no time. Might I... ask it now?"

She turned to acknowledge the other student. "Certainly. I will do my best to provide you with an answer."

Wyntre IceBlade

Holding tightly to the ring she lifted her hand to ask a question of the instructor.

"And do you have an inquiry, as well?"

iStoleYurVamps
"So... you will use them to gather FEAR from those like my great great grandma? My cousin Selene? So you harvest their FEAR from being... dead dead now? It doesn't hurt them does it?"

The wiggly bird was a little...off in his assumption. Correcting him was going to be a gentle process.

"There are vast amounts of FEAR in circulation within our worlds. I cannot say where the FEAR that made up the family members that you mentioned might currently be found. The harvest..." She paused, shifted. "..is painless. I assure you."

Bloodlust Dante
"Is there any chance of keeping the blueprints for jewelry crafting? Even if gems with these special properties are rare outside of the island, I'd still like to hone that skill."

The crafting plans, created specifically for use in their class, were extraordinarily simple compared to designs that Death Clan jewelcrafters would typically use. They held no secrets, and posed no danger if exchanged with any of their enemies, so her answer came with little hesitation.

"You may, if you so choose. I wish you well in your practice - may you hastily surpass the need for novice designs."

Pepzilla

"Actually I wish to offer this to you, Ylaria."

The demon's words brought her pause, a tightness in her throat, and an inability to call forth a proper response. Offering to a jewelcrafter? She was unworthy. This was not something that was done, especially when a priestess was nearby, awaiting her own offerings. She opened her mouth to reject him, but...he had embraced her culture. Her craft. Her tasks. Surely she could make an exception to accept him.

"Thank you," she began, voice quiet. That was what one was supposed to say when offered such a gift, right? "I cannot begin to express the magnitude of this offering. On...a personal level, I should clarify. I would not wish for you to believe that presenting a jewelcrafter with an offering is of greater importance than a sacrifice made to a priestess. Nevertheless...I appreciate both the gesture...and you."

Ylaria bowed her head to him in gratitude, the gift clasped between her hands.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:48 am
Mai entered the class as discreetly as possible. She was making her way in just a little bit late, but she arrived in time to overhear the priestess address the students regarding their final day's assignment.

The ghost lifted the necklace in her hand, twisting the chain between her fingers while considering her choice. She found that she was rather attached to the trinket, despite her usual dislike of gold accessories. This was piece of jewelry that she had created, which her own two hands. But she considered the purpose of her visit on the isle of death. She was here to learn. The experience of an offering seemed like a valuable one to have.

So, with a nod, Mai approached the priestess. She stood for a moment, hesitating. Should she say something? Was there some kind of etiquette to follow in these situations? Be reverent. That was what the instructor had said. Mai felt that anything she had to say would ruin her moment so she remained silent and respectful as she carefully placed her necklace atop the gold offering place. She bowed reflexively, and stepped to the side to make room for other students.

Then there was the issue of the shades... Mai frowned, eying the wooden case and considering the option they'd been given to revisit their fight. The ghost was here to learn. Combat experience was certainly part of that...

Nothing Yet
SN: paperghost
Mai is offering her necklace~ <3

peipuru

Reveler

peipuru rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-16)

peipuru

Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:50 am
Alright. Mai decided she would regret it if she missed out on this opportunity to utilize the more powerful gems. Why not have one more go at these pesky little creatures? Might even be therapeutic.

The ghost gently lifted a necklace that bore the same gemstones that she'd used herself. It was so delicate, the chain and gem settings were flawless and beautifully intricate... It really made her own work feel clumsy and unfinished. Well, she'd just have to try harder the next time.

In the mean time, there was a shade to defeat.

Mai slipped the necklace over her head. The thrill she felt gave her goosebumps, and there was an unmistakable invigoration suffusing her now. Neat trick, these stones.. She faced off against the twisting, twitching shadow that was making its approach. For some reason, Mai was absolutely unafraid. The ghoul took a few deliberate steps back before launching herself forward into a very fancy little spin kick. The impact of ghost on shadow was quite satisfying.

Mai's HP: 38/40
Shade's HP: 7/20
Gem Effects:
__Amethyst
[ACTIVE]: Take 2 damage each turn instead of 5, and add 4 to your total damage each turn.
__Sapphire
[ACTIVE]: Do not subtract 6 from your attack roll for 3 turns.

peipuru rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:52 am
Her second attack was just as vicious, and it seemed the shade was done before it'd even had a chance to attack her properly.

Mai's eyes were wide as she watched the thing vanish. Damn but these stones made you feel strong. She removed the necklace with no small amount of disappointment, taking a moment to appreciate the fine piece of jewelry in her hands before she had to put it back. It was a shame they couldn't take some of these stronger stones home. To think how useful they would be! Ah well. At the very least she had a new experience under her belt, which was the whole reason she was here anyway.

The ghost gently returned the jewelry, her hand resting for a moment on it in gratitude before she stepped away from the shelves.

Mai's HP: 36/40
Shade's HP: -4/25
Gem Effects:
__Amethyst
[ACTIVE]: Take 2 damage each turn instead of 5, and add 4 to your total damage each turn.
__Sapphire
[ACTIVE]: Do not subtract 6 from your attack roll for 3 turns.

peipuru

Reveler

{ ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas