Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sariraii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:44 pm
Kyzier - Ruunan
"Well, that's that," Kyzier said aloud, finding no reason to remain in a line. They'd lined up for a dragon who had Impressed, one who had never wanted them in the first place. Still, the night was young, and...

While they'd been distracted, more dragons had Impressed. Their smile faltered for a moment, but no--sometimes, people didn't Impress immediately. You could be meant for greatness--like they were--without Impressing right away. Their eyes traced over to Ruunan, who was watching the hatching. With a wave at whatever male candidate was closest to them, they strode proudly over to the lad. "I'm back. Can you believe he didn't even look at me?" they shook their head. "In fact, I don't know that any dragons have even looked at me this whole time. Maybe I'm not standing out enough!" They smiled to Ruunan, starting to chat immediately after finding him again. "What do you think?"

Only a handful of dragons--including the shelled one--remained. They couldn't feel self-doubt! They couldn't feel concern! They were destined for greatness. They would Impress this hatching--and if not this one, next one. They'd never give up.

Sweet Symmetry
time to bother runny again

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:46 pm
T'roi of bronze Destrieth -- Impression!

I never figured you for a quitter. Are you so convinced you'll never Impress? The words echoed through Tarroi's head, and at first he thought they were his own. It wasn't until the words continued without him that his eyes widened and his heart began pounding. Perhaps you should feel foolish, giving up before even meeting me.

Looking up the line, he could see all the other boys staring at the impossibly handsome bronze dragonet as he approached. The bronze, though, was looking only at him, boldly and fearlessly, his eyes beginning to whirl in rainbow hues. Tarroi was mesmerized, overcome by a feeling of strength and adoration and a little bit of shame and... sorrow? He couldn't take that look, that feeling. He felt as though he had caused the dragonet to feel the shame and sadness. And that would be more than he could bear.

He faced the young bronze, even as the creature spoke again in colors of bravery in the face of possible loss. Choose me or don't. Make your choice. I can take it.

Tarroi reached out a hand to stroke the dragonet's head. The baby's hide felt so soft and warm beneath his touch. You have nothing to fear, he responded. I choose you with all my heart. How could it be otherwise? Kneeling, the tall young man slid his hand down the bronze hide of the hatchling's neck, then brought his other hand up to wrap both arms around his new lifemate. There is nothing on Pern that could keep me from you. Not even Thread, which we'll fight someday and defeat. If you go, I will go as well, Destrieth.

The bronze nuzzled into Tarroi's -- T'roi's -- shoulder. You chose wisely, he crooned. We shall be the greatest fighting pair that Pern has seen since Mnementh and F'lar. Just you wait and see.

Mnementh and F'lar of legend? T'roi couldn't believe it -- and yet, down deep inside, he could. He and Destrieth had it in them to be heroes of legend themselves someday. Rising, yet keeping one hand on Destrieth's head in case this was really all some kind of fever dream, he smiled. "Let's go get you something to eat," he murmured.

Oh yes. I am rather hungry... Destrieth responded, sending hunger pangs through T'roi's body.

With the beatific smile of a man both confident and finally at peace with himself, T'roi led Destrieth off the sands toward the feeding tables. Yes, one day all of Pern would be telling tales of the bronze pair of High Reaches Weyr in the same breath as they told tales of the great ones of old. Both of them knew it in their hearts. And T'roi could hold his head high. He had proven himself worthy.

Not just of a bronze dragon. Worthy of the entire world.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:46 pm
Haveli

The throbbing of her head and leg were ignored when a sudden voice rushed in full of warmth and support. Haveli started to frown on reflex but she forced herself to remain neutral and to listen. Clearly this dragon wasn't hers and yet it felt the need to speak to her; a good and respectful thing to do in return would be to listen. She may not have agreed with the words right this second but again, she needed to be polite. The words were stored in the back of her mind for now, doubtlessly to be forgotten later when the haze of pain and adrenaline of the hatching were gone. Still. "Thanks."

She'd been saying thank you a lot lately and it felt weird. Semi-genuine thanks that is, as she'd often said thanks without any meaning, and his tongue felt heavy with it. Maybe she'd do more practice later in front of a mirror and attempt to add in smiles. Apparently smiles and a cheerful nature were what worked best for her, even if it nearly killed her to do it.

But now her attention went like all the others towards the final egg on the sands. Instead of cheering it on, it was more of a weighted push. Enough, get out here. Yours has been waiting and is likely hurting in their heart for fear they're all alone - do you want that to continue on? It was true, she could see the traces of heartache that came with failure starting to etch itself on people around her.

Her own face probably wore some signs, but she could lie and excuse that away.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:48 pm
La'hisen and ]Blue Othelloth

I meted out justice as I saw fit. And judging from the self-satisfactory tone he'd taken, Othelloth was content. The girl had paid her due and, as such, he didn't think of her any longer. As for Maestoth's own vengeance, well, he accepted such a thought without so much as a flicker of dismay. It was only natural to retaliate against those who had wronged you... though Othelloth would never even consider that perhaps he'd been in the wrong. It didn't help that His certainly didn't find his actions to be unwarranted. I would pity Argamath if he were anyone else. But as full of himself as the bronze was... Othelloth really didn't have much pity to spare.

La'hisen nodded with a touch of sympathy, able to understand only too well, now. If the roles were reversed and it was Othelloth who had been hurt... No, he wouldn't have taken such a thing lightly. "He proved that, no question."

In another life, he'd have regarded the compliment with suspicion... but now? Now he just accepted it, knowing it was absolutely true. Othelloth was an incredible dragon. "Yeah. I'm..." A pause as he thought over his new name, "La'hisen. Good to meet you."

And maybe, for once, it was.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Though there were plenty she could continue to meet, the little String of Lights green was ready to return to Hers. The one she had known would be hers from the moment they met within the egg.

She strode with purpose, every step deliberate, head held high as she reached Hers. Gently, with all the tenderness in her hearts, she wrapped the boy up within her wings. Pride, joy, comfort, acceptance, and above all else, love would pour through the man as a constant. Any fears he had would be wiped away. He was enough. He was perfect. He was Hers.

My sweet Ruunan. You will never need to doubt yourself any longer. You are more than good enough to be standing upon these Sands and you are far more amazing than you give yourself credit for. Trust in your Indarrath, for my love and support for you will never waver. You are Mine, now and forever.

User Image

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:56 pm
Ryala
The blue had made his choice, going to someone who's partner had just Impressed a brown. Now they wouldn't be separated... Great! Ryala smiled at this, before shifting her attention once more.

The green that had hatched from the Snowflake egg had come over to look through those who had been presented for her to choose from... and swiftly found who she needed. The Lights hatchling was also walking amongst the candidates, stopping here and there before moving on. The third green, from the Caroling Note egg, if she remembered correctly, seemed to be offering encouragement to the Gingerbread egg, which was still cracking.

Despite the rocky start, this was going very well indeed!

----------

Gwyn
It seemed that things were starting to wrap up now. Only a few greens remained, and a single egg that was even now cracking. Soon, the Impressions would all be made, and the feast would begin. Hmm... how many people were likely to go back to sleep first, though? Granted, the new Weyrlings wouldn't, as their tasks would have just begun. But everyone else? It would be interesting to see!

Meanwhile, one of the greens had made their choice. And then there were two, and an egg!

----------

Avali

Another dragon had Impressed now.

Looking around, the girl saw the one egg, with the green chirping at it, and the green who had offered her encouragement still wending her way through the remaining candidates.

Sending her thoughts aloft, Avali was given a mental image of the cavern as seen from above, and a feeling of warmth. Somewhere up high, perched on a tiny ledge, Shimmer watched the proceedings with great interest.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:59 pm
Ahula - HR Candidate - She/Her

While her attention had been elsewhere, Ahula had failed to notice a little green milling about the candidates that had been getting closer, ever closer. When she finally looked over, she can't quite help the gasp that escaped. Oh, what a precious darling… looking straight at Urzoh. Ahula backed up a tad, her hand covering her mouth, yet she can't help but smile for her best friend, beaming at those rainbow eyes.

"Oh, she's stunning, Urzoh.." It comes out as a whisper more than anything, backing up another step. She didn't want to interfere, and give her the room she'd need. There's a tender nibble on her heart, sad though she might be that Urzoh would be moving on. A weyrling now! A rider! Something they had been dreaming and chattering about in the creche since they were small. Yet she could only smile at her friend, stuffing her aching feelings down into something soft, happy. For she was happy for Urzoh, she was.

"I'll catch up with you later, yeah?"

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:08 pm
Urzoh of Cartujanth
Urzoh felt a ripple of confusion, waiting where? Who now? She could feel the prickle of irritation that hadn't been there before. She almost started looking around to see which of the candidates was talking to her. She wasn't that sharding dumb! Not when the green hatchling looked up at her. Impatient. Expectant.

And oh such colors! The wells and facts of prismatic rainbows whirling just for her. "Cartujanth?" She asks aloud, incredulous for only a split second. Because of COURSE it was Cartujanth. Urzoh, so tall, had to kneel and nearly burn her knees on the sand to put her arms around the little dragon.

The best and the brightest! I'm yours baby! The hatchling stomped her feet on the sand, it was time to GO. She fiercely nudged Urzoh with their head, tugging at the end of her robe with an oh so fearsome biting tug towards the tempting scents of meat.

"I'm going I'm going!" Urzoh laughed, covering that she totally was NOT crying. There was just sand in her eyes to be sure. She turned to Ahula. "We'll catch up later and eat EVERYTHING okay?" Echoing Cartujanth's thundering demands. She clasped her friend's shoulder. "Good luck okay?"

I'm going to expire of hunger and neglect, Urzoh. Such demands from someone so small! Okay, okay. Finally, Urzoh lead her away from the sands. What Cartujanth wanted, she'd get.  

Spockat

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:10 pm
Solameya// HRW// She/her

The String of Lights green circled back around to wind her wings around a boy, her eyes a loving whirl of colors. A match made. Solly smiled. Good. Now, all that remained was the ever increasingly active Gingerbread Egg and the encouraging Caroling Note green.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:10 pm

As much as Caroling Note wanted to wait at Gingerbread Egg's side, she could wait no longer. There was someone out there waiting for her, and for her alone. Stay strong! You're almost there! she told the egg, giving it an affectionate nudge.

She did not notice as she moved away, that the egg cracked underneath that nudge. Nor did she notice the little green muzzle that poked out of its shell. For indeed, Caroling Note had someone important to meet. Someone she'd been waiting all of her life to see.

With careful, deliberate steps, she walked up to Brenva. My Brenva, can we go see the rest of my brothers and sisters? This is getting a little dull... we've been hatched for so long. Assuming... that... Brenva was her Brenva. ... I. I mean, if you want to be your Skalmath's Brenva, that is.

User Image

MaraRune

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:25 pm
Ryala

First one, then another of the greens had Impressed.

And now, a single egg remained... but not for long, it seemed, as a little green snout became visible. One last chance, this time! Sending thoughts of welcome to the one within the egg, Ryala watched that green muzzle...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 pm

The little Gingerbread green began to sort herself out, shaking off the shell that had held her captive for too long. When she peeked out at the gathered Candidates, she gave a squeak, and retreated right back into that egg. Oh no! There were so many!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:34 pm
Brenva of Skalmath

Brenva had honestly given up. She was tucked gently in her little corner of people, having not spoken to a single soul. Her mind was taking in every single person, noting their differences, similarities. It would be important to note who Impressed, who didn't. How they reacted. It would tell her everything she needed to know. Compassionate and warm Brenva might've been, but she was still ready to control the world around her as it was needed.

Everything about this was in her face. Everything about this was blatant. However, when she turned her eyes to the clutch parents, and the Stands, she felt a strange sensation. A very strange feeling in her chest that she didn't recognize at first. She had never really cared whether she Impressed or not, but now, it was like three hearts beat in where her own One was, and there was a sense of trepidation, cautiousness. That wasn't quite her own, was it? She never really felt those things, not after Nabol, after all she'd been through. There was no FEAR there, though, only a curiousity, about Brenva herself. Something all-encompassing.

Then there was the voice. Calm, but a bit unsure. It echoed in her mind with the first touch, like nothing Brenva had ever felt before, My Brenva, can we go see the rest of my brothers and sisters? This is getting a little dull... we've been hatched for so long. Her Brenva? It took a moment for the wild haired girl to realize what the voice was, grey eyes scanning the sands with wonder and curiousity. What on Pern was that voice? And then she saw her.

Right in front of her, a little Green who was staring at her with whirling rainbow eyes like the jewels on the coat of the richest men of Nabol, something so beautiful that it stole her breath. All of a sudden, it was like a dam broke, rushing across her mind, and through her, like cold water from a stream. It was in this moment that it dawned on the Dancer what was happening to her, and awe spread across her face, ... I. I mean, if you want to be your Skalmath's Brenva, that is.

If she wanted- ? Well, she supposed, to a degree, it made sense. It was Brenva's choice, but this FEELING. Like she'd found an equal in both spirit and mind, like someone was with her, wholly and completely for the first time in her life. It was bringing tears to her eyes,

"Where else would you ever go, you stubborn little thing?"

For as well as Skalmath knew Brenva, Brenva knew her Green. She sank to her knees and caressed that small face in her hands, staring in to eyes that whirled with blue and violet, absolutely in awe of just how perfect the young hatchling was. Was this what everyone talked about? Was this what they meant? How could she have ever brushed this off. Good. I was sure you were my Brenva, but a little investigation was needed. Can we go see them now?

Brushing the tiniest hints of tears from her eyes, Brenva smiled and stood, "Of course, come on then." And the pair moved to where the other hatchlings were being fed, not a word to another soul. No...the new Weyrling wanted to revel in her bond. Perhaps she'd find someone to talk to in due time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:36 pm
Solameya// HRW// She/her

And there went Caroling Note Green. With only Gingerbread, who was now peeking out of the wheel, a little green, Solameya breathed a sigh and blinked when the baby retreated back into her egg. Oop! It’s okay. Take your time. I know it seems like a lot, but it’ll be okay. Yours is out here somewhere, just waiting to meet you.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:38 pm
Lelte / HR She/Her

It was down to the one last green who just left her egg. It was her show and her time to shine, but she seemed so soft and shy. Oh the poor little thing. It was probably overwhelming, and there were no siblings around who could help take away some of the pressure and anxiety.

She sent waves of welcoming and affection, and some comfort to the little green. Take your time little one. It's ok.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff