Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
english voice actor for light released Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L a w l i-P0P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:48 pm
caffeine add!ction

In short, Caff completely loathes dubbings and thinks America should leave DN the hell alone. ;D

I don't think America should leave it alone. I for one would love to have a break from reading tiny subtitles (it really strains my eyes). I just think that they should take time to actually find a voice that fits the character. If, like the original Japanese version, the dubb was cast amazingly, I'd be very VERY pleased. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:41 pm
there was absolutely no feeling when he was talking..... Didn't seem like he was even the character....  

Meimei_Tenjou

~Ritsuka-chan~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:24 pm
hmm.it sounds lke it could be better...hey, in the deathnote anime in japan do they use the same voice for light as they do for tamaki? because i was watching deathnote then ouran high schoolhost club i kept thinking tamaki was light...scary.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:10 am
~Ritsuka-chan~
hmm.it sounds lke it could be better...hey, in the deathnote anime in japan do they use the same voice for light as they do for tamaki? because i was watching deathnote then ouran high schoolhost club i kept thinking tamaki was light...scary.

They have the same voice actor, yes.
And Mikami is voiced by the same guy as Kyoya. :]
Coincidence? o:

caffeine add!ction

caffeine add!ction

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:12 am
Hypnotique
caffeine add!ction

In short, Caff completely loathes dubbings and thinks America should leave DN the hell alone. ;D

I don't think America should leave it alone. I for one would love to have a break from reading tiny subtitles (it really strains my eyes). I just think that they should take time to actually find a voice that fits the character. If, like the original Japanese version, the dubb was cast amazingly, I'd be very VERY pleased. 3nodding

I suppose I'm just biased against America messing with any dubbings full stop. They always turn out terrible or at least grate on my nerves like woah. I'd rather just strain to read the subtitles than hear the character be completely destroyed by what sounds like someone they hired right off the street. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some dubbings turn out fine, but more often than not they're much worse than the original Japanese ones so for a US dubbing of DN to turn out amazing is probably not going to happen. |:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:23 am
caffeine add!ction
Hypnotique
caffeine add!ction

I suppose I'm just biased against America messing with any dubbings full stop. They always turn out terrible or at least grate on my nerves like woah. I'd rather just strain to read the subtitles than hear the character be completely destroyed by what sounds like someone they hired right off the street. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some dubbings turn out fine, but more often than not they're much worse than the original Japanese ones so for a US dubbing of DN to turn out amazing is probably not going to happen. |:

Well yeah... most of the time dubbs are awful, but there have been some fairly decent ones. Sadly I don't think DN will be one of them. D:  

L a w l i-P0P

Aquastar_1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:04 am
I uploaded it to youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peQxgxD4spM
Its got honors!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:03 pm
I noticed something funny, so I guess I should tell all of you who are wating for dreading L's voice.

You DO hear him in the trailer posted. The LAAAAAAAST part (with the clips from the end of episode 2) when Raito goes all 'Kill me!'. Directly after that, it's L's REAL voice (not computerized) saying 'If you can'.

Listen closely and you'll hear it (it IS very deep~)

Keyhala

Liberal Browser

Groovin Magic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:32 pm
I don't like lights voice he sounds like a whiny bratty teenager (but i'm glad they did'nt let crispin freeman or johnny young bosch voice him ) L's voice was sexy, i'm glad they gave him that deep voice, though I was hoping for him to have a british accent it's all coo I wonder how ryuk and mello is gonna sounds.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:24 pm
Be as nice about it as you want. I hate Light's voice with a burning passion. Face it, he sounds like he's a nine year old trying to -badly- lie his way out of the fact he ate a cookie before dinner. (In other words, not like the evil genius, seducive, young adult that he should sound like.) Then L sounds like he's a forty year old man, not like the laid back genius he is (he's just too stiff, which does not fit L at all).  

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

Hakumuoh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:21 pm
Hmm well I don't really think that it suits Lgiht that much but they could have done a way worse job than that *cough David Moo*. I don't know... his voice just isn't smooth enough. It's supposed to be mysterious, powerful and suiting for a genious but that to me kind of sounds like a 10 year old boy going through puberty.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:43 pm
Light's nasally. Sounds like a voice actor on Naruto or something. Too immature for my liking. He's supposed to have a commanding quality. I agree with Puppeteer about L's voice, it is too stiff.

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

weesnah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:55 pm
I have to say, not what I expected at all.
Like what was stated many times before me, a deeper voice like the japanese voice actor would be perfect.
This one seems far too boyish... Just saying.
I hope L's is better, or even Near's. If not, I'll die. Seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:21 pm
The voice sounds really great but it doesn't fit Light's character at all!

Natsumei

Shy Browser

9,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games