Submit

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:29 am
Camlan started awake as he felt a weird sensation on his fur. For the past week, he had been keeping a careful eye on the package that Lady Naree had sent him for the "Holiday". He never did figure out which holiday to celebrate. Camlan had tried contacting his parents but they were unavailable and none of the others really knew any holidays. So each day, after lessons and meals, he came back to his room and stared at the bag.

Once, he had tried using the Force to figure out what it was but nothing happened. He was sure it was possible to learn about it but maybe he just wasn't strong enough yet.

Patting himself down, the vulpine boy squealed as two green eyes poked themselves from underneath his blanket. Sitting up quickly, the creature attached to the eyes, rolled down Camlan's side and landed next to him on the bed. Neither of them moved for a second.

Slowly, Camlan reached a furry hand out to touch the creature. It was green all over with funny blue spots. It reminded him of the lizards he had sometimes seen when he visited other planets. The reptile blinked slowly then climbed back up onto Camlan's knees. Carefully, Cam petted the lizard, feeling it's scaly skin.

"Neat," he whispered to himself.

Picking the little fellow up, golden eyes locked with green eyes and Camlan grinned. "Tasi sounds like a good name for you. Did you get bored waiting to come out?"

The lizard bobbed his head as if he understood Camlan before it wiggled free and climbed up his left arm. Flicking a tongue at Camlan, a strange feeling of hunger filled the air.

"Hungry, little fellow? Let's go see if we can find you food."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:07 pm
Thoughts on Azami...

I went to the Courtyard to try and figure out why I couldn't get to my room faster. I've tried three times now and it still takes me over a half over to get back. Even if I did cheat and use my sense of smell and sound, I have the feeling the Masters would know...

So I was sitting and thinking about it when this older girl sat next to me. She had a blindfold over her eyes. She told me she was Miraluka... And that they use the Force to see all around them. It was strange, she couldn't see in front of her but she knew what was going on. And then we started talking and she was telling me how to get in touch with the Force.

She said I was trying too hard. Azami is a Knight and so she was trying to teach me how to see the Force and use it to guide me. She said relying on the Force is like when I rely on my sense of smell or sound. It's just another sense in a way. I had to do all these different exercises with with my blocks and the silver ball. Then she made me put on the blindfold again and walk around. I have no idea how long we were practicing but I was so hungry by the end of it all.

It was worth it! I think I can go back and do the fourth lesson and make it back in time! I hope I get to see Azami more often... She told me she was a Sith Knight. That shocked me! I thought the Sith were, I dunno... Mean and cold and stuff. But she is real nice, just like a regular person. Maybe there is not too much difference between being a Jedi and being a Sith??

Camlan shut his journal screen off. It had been a couple days since he had spoken with Azami. At the temple, things had gotten very busy. Looking over to where Tasi was cleaning himself, the Amaran boy grinned. The lizard's long tongue slowly cleaned the back parts of himself and then went over his face. It was pretty neat to watch.

"I think I am ready, Tasi. Wait here for me?"

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 pm
Lesson Four; Take Four

Master Sva-La looked over the small figure of Camlan. While she admired his tenacity, it really was time for him to move on past this lesson. Some of the other students were already in the process of lesson six.

"Just like before, you have thirty minutes to complete the lesson. After this time, you will be asked to move onto lesson five. Not every person can be proficient at every aspect of the Force Camlan. You have certain talents that make you unique from the others. As you get older and further along in your lessons, you will be able to use these strengths to compensate for any weaknesses."

Camlan nodded solemnly at his Master. He really did not want to let her, or himself, down. After his training with Azami, he was sure that he would be able to complete the lesson in the necessary time constraints. Turning around and allowing the helping droid to tie the blindfold on him, Camlan took a deep breath. "Thank you , Master. I shall let you know when I return to my room."

Immediately, everything went dark. Allowing himself a moment to adjust, Camlan began his slow breathing and waited carefully for his sense of the Force to surround him. He imagined himself being immersed in water and feeling it move and flow around him. Even though he had never truly been swimming or in a large bath, Camlan took comfort in the idea of the Force moving around him. When he began to feel the Force, instead of reaching out and trying to grab, Camlan held out his hands and moved slowly.

"Your time begins now."

Camlan carefully took his first steps towards the classroom down. The Amaran could feel the Force moving around the desks in the room and towards Master Sva-La and himself. Keeping in motion, Camlan successfully avoided the desks and opened the door into the hallway. So far, so good! Confident in his steps and positive he would not fail the lesson this time, Camlan moved quickly into the hallway and started towards the familiar direction of the Courtyard. His furried feet did not shuffle like they usually normally did but instead planted firmly and confidently as well. The Force almost seemed to thrive and approve of this new attitude.

Camlan felt like tendrils of the Force moving around him. He could see the beautiful colors that Azami mentioned she saw everyday. It was truly amazing! Following the tendrils, Camlan only stopped once and that was when he hit the area going from the Temple into the Courtyard. He took a deep breath and tasted all the different scents in the air. The grass, the mouth watering smells of dinner cooking, other students moving about... It was an exhilarating feeling, one that made him even more confident. One foot after another, Camlan maneuvered around all the obstacles that had earlier tormented him. He could even make out the tree where Azami and he had practiced all afternoon long.

Soon enough, he was on the other side where the dorms were located. This was the part that had always gave him the most trouble. With the high volumes of students, apprentices, knights and other visitors, it was hard to distinguish any semblance of the Force or using it to find his way back. For a moment, panic set in. What if he couldn't find his room? What if the Force left him? The negative feelings started to set in, giving a feeling of claustrophobia.

Focus... Focus... Have faith... Camlan reminded himself. Jedi Knights did not allow themselves to give into irrational emotions. The Jedi remained cool and calm. Shaking himself, Camlan simply stopped and re focused his thoughts. He had to get to his room. The Force was a tool and a friend to be used to accomplish this goal. Holding his hands out in front of him, Camlan "felt" for the Force again. It washed over him gently, like waves hitting the beach. Mental strength reinforced, Camlan starting moving down the corridors. From the entrance way, it was only a few twists and turns later before he was in front of his bedroom door. Grinning from ear to ear, Camlan confidently put his hand in front of the door and listened in satisfaction as the door whooshed open. Taking a sniff and twitching his ears around, the Amaran took off his blindfold and blinked as the light hit his eyes. Golden orbs took in the sight of Tasi dozing under his desk light.

Whooping in joy, Camlan looked at the time. Twenty-seven minutes! He did it! He did it! And in under thirty minutes! Heading over to his comm screen, he got in touch with Master Sva-la. Excitement practically radiated from him as he told her about the lesson.

DataPads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff