Highschool Football Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just A Black Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:55 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
I actually had a question about what I should do next year. My friends are now saying do WR. The only problem is, I am really skinny, but tall. I'm 5'8", 126 lbs, and I have no idea if that is good enough to be starting WR. So I need some advice of what to do over Summer to get in WR shape and how to be a good WR. I can run a mile in 7-9 mins, and a Football field in 4-5 seconds most of the time. So I need some advice on how to get in WR shape, as I said before. Any suggestions.

Lol, I have the same Problem. Just 1 inch taller and 2 lbs more. Theres not really much we can play other than WR. Its a pretty good place for us, as we are pretty fast. Also Corners are Normally smaller than other Positions, so we have less chance of getting injured by being smaller tackled by huge 350lbs guys. Unless you have good agility, speed, and vision to be a Corner. Or if you are pretty good at throwing, you could try QB.

To get ready for Wr, just go to practice, and go hard (Like our team Motto is 'Theres nothing hard about going hard'). Eat healthy, exercise pretty often, and most importantly practice catching. Try to run alot on your own at home to increase you endurance, because as a Wr you will be running alot (Like most positions anyways), and blocking.

But dang, you can run the field in 4-5 seconds? Usually, linemen run a 40 yrd in the upper 40's lower 50's, and Skill guys in the Low/Mid 40's. o.o

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm
Well, Now I need advice. Today practice began, On defense I play corner. Last year on Offense I played WR but today there were 10 WR, and only 2 TE. I decided to move to TE because I would get more reps in at practice to get better, and get more playing time. The problem is, I weight about 127-130ish lbs, going into 10th grade, and run a 5.15. I need to know if Im fast enough, weight enough to block Linebackers and Linemen. If i need to gain more weight, how much more? TE's also run routes half the time in our offense, and I know I got the hands to do so. I just need to know If I am able to block the Big guys before I go and learn all the plays for TE before I change my mind If i can be a good TE or not.  

Just A Black Cat

CodeRedFed

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:56 pm
For a tight end 5.15 isnt too bad. Just focus on route running, a 5.15 will be fine if you run solid routes.

I play Reciever and Corner sometimes safety.
I'm a sophomore at Cabool High School...Our school has a total of 268 people 9th-12th grade.
So, as you probobly figured....No one famous has came out of our school. I dont think anyone has ever gone pro.

Anywho, im 5'8 145. I run like a 4.8
Were switching from the wing T(HEEEAVY run game) to the spread, So I should see good numbers this year.

I'll be starting JV and probobly seeing some varsity time.

Itachi-It may seem like you run the field in 4 or 5 seconds but thats impossible.
Usain Bolt would run it in about 9, and hes the fastest man alive.

If I were you I'd hit the weight room a bit too, you have to gain some weight. I'm told I need to add a few pounds.

Depending on your offenses tempo you might need to work on some cardio too if your offense is high tempo like the one were gonna be running this year. I'd try and get my mile between the 6-7 minute range atleast. I run the mile in track so I kinda had a better endurance from the start =)

You have to do some sprint workouts on top of this too. If I were you I would invest on a parachute or resistance bands. They will help your explosiveness off the line and in and out of cuts.
One of the best things you can do is practice route running.

Anything else just ask...I'll be happy to help.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:38 pm
i8th Wonder Of The World
Well, Now I need advice. Today practice began, On defense I play corner. Last year on Offense I played WR but today there were 10 WR, and only 2 TE. I decided to move to TE because I would get more reps in at practice to get better, and get more playing time. The problem is, I weight about 127-130ish lbs, going into 10th grade, and run a 5.15. I need to know if Im fast enough, weight enough to block Linebackers and Linemen. If i need to gain more weight, how much more? TE's also run routes half the time in our offense, and I know I got the hands to do so. I just need to know If I am able to block the Big guys before I go and learn all the plays for TE before I change my mind If i can be a good TE or not.

do TE, if there is 10 wr, a 5.15 probably wont cut it for a guy who weighs 130, TE sounds perfect for your situation, bulk up to about 150 and u will be perfect for TE  

Austin Shipp

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:41 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
I actually had a question about what I should do next year. My friends are now saying do WR. The only problem is, I am really skinny, but tall. I'm 5'8", 126 lbs, and I have no idea if that is good enough to be starting WR. So I need some advice of what to do over Summer to get in WR shape and how to be a good WR. I can run a mile in 7-9 mins, and a Football field in 4-5 seconds most of the time. So I need some advice on how to get in WR shape, as I said before. Any suggestions.

my advice is be a saftey of corner back, but if u are set at being a wr, carry a football with u at all times and just toss it in the air and get really good handles with it, a thing i do, lay on ur back and throw the baqll strait up in the air and try to catch the ball with ur hands  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:27 pm
Austin Shipp
i8th Wonder Of The World

do TE, if there is 10 wr, a 5.15 probably wont cut it for a guy who weighs 130, TE sounds perfect for your situation, bulk up to about 150 and u will be perfect for TE

For a high school tight end?
150...? No.
Try 160, Thats on the small side as far as you can go.
I weigh 145 and I'm considered a small RECIEVER.

But yea, Work for Tight End though. It seems to fit your situation best, The bulking up will come with time.  

CodeRedFed

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:04 pm
CodeRedFed
Austin Shipp
i8th Wonder Of The World

For a high school tight end?
150...? No.
Try 160, Thats on the small side as far as you can go.
I weigh 145 and I'm considered a small RECIEVER.

But yea, Work for Tight End though. It seems to fit your situation best, The bulking up will come with time.

im sayind 150 because its a realistic weight for his situation, hell my playing weight is 225 and i viewed myself as a perfect TE before my football career was ended by injury  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:17 pm
In my schools system, our TE is more of a blocker rather than a route runner. I would say 150 at least and thats still pushing it. Talk to your coach, you can play and get reps @ both, better chance of getting on th efeild.

Im starting at Guard for my hs team. Im 5 11 270-275. I play nose on D, 2nd string. Were lookin pretty good this year, I cant wait untill the season starts, its my last year of HS football, then hopefully off to college to play.

www.stvmfootball.com (rosters and some other stuff hasnt been updated yet, I'm #70.) Lebron wentt to my school lol  

TheDukeMan70

TDogVelarde26

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:13 pm
wrong one bye post cool rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:43 am
ceasar rodney riders delaware............we won state champs last year and............we goin again  

siddog

siddog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:47 am
i run 4.40 40 yard dash i get scholarship to mizzou,florida,and florida state.where should i go  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:22 am
I checked the rankings and my cousins high school is #15 in the country o believe  

Snowspartan1399

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:15 pm
damn...I wish soccer and football were in different seasons, so I could have played both in high school. I'm a freshman in college now, and really wish I could have gotten some football action. I played soccer all my life and am better at it, but would have loved to play football on the side. Probably would have played receiver, cornerback, or safety. Would have loved to play linebacker though.

Anyways, I'm at least going to try and walk on my college's soccer team in the spring. It's going to be really tough. Doubt I'll make it. I have the skill, think I have the speed, but don't think I have the stamina...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:20 pm
Umm, I'm kinda in middle school, but my parents said that when I'm in high school I could play, and in college, if I wanted to get myself killed. They said as long as the coach let me.  

rheld16

siddog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:21 pm
im goin to florida look for me  
Other Football Leagues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items