Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
WCC Team Mission 1 - Let the Games Begin (Day 1) [Complete] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:37 pm
While there wouldn't be much on my end of the competition right at the time being, Freth would find herself in a much different position. Once she saw the Sandshrew trainer finally take out the Bidoof that was being a bit more problematic, she jumped in, activating her Trainers Eyes, and locking the trainer into a fight. "Nuh-uh...not today pal." Freth said, Pokeball at the ready. "That thing isn't yours quite yet if I got anything to say about it." She tossed the Pokeball out and out came the hardy young fighting type, Tyrogue, out for battle, squaring off against the Sandshrew and his trainer.

--------

Meanwhile, though Tristen was about to jump in to take out the remaining hybrid, he ended up encountering something rather unforeseen. "Aden...?" Tristen silently said to himself, staring in confusion. A realization then occurred to Tristen just then: Aden...didn't...have anything that would be able to qualify to fight, didt he? And this Venonat hybrid didn't have any intention to go on a hybrid fight with Aden just as he did with the other one. "Uh-oh..." This wasn't according to plan...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:25 pm
Leslie would be quick to react, able to catch sight of the Blitzle and Mareep as they quickly closed in on Veronica. "Hey! Incoming, V! Church, Tri Attack the far one!" Leslie barked out, continuing her relentless charge towards the Blitzle as she felt her skin beginning to harden. Behind her, her Porygon would be surrounded by a storm of energy that aimed itself towards the Mareep and fired with a flurry of ice, lightning, and fire that all aimed to bully the long range attacker.

Quickly gathering the berries as they began to slowly trickle out of the tree top above her, Aria was slightly disappointed that she seemed to be getting nothing of value beyond simple foodstuffs for later. But when the cascade of berries courtesy of her Toxel ceased, Aria would look up to see what the hold up was. At least she could see the issue very quickly, as it seemed her cute little Pokemon was on enough caffeine to power a small city and was now scurrying through the treetops with reckless speed and inattention. "Hey! Get back here! What the hell did you even eat to do this!?" Aria cried out, chasing along after the bizarre Pokemon.

----

Reno would look towards the small child, slightly stupefied over his particular response. Finally finding his voice, Reno would respond. "Okay....not even close to how I expected that to work." Pausing once again as he scratched his chin in consideration, Reno would snap his fingers before gesturing with his only hand. "How about this? Once Beau and your friend there settle things out, we agree to help each other get each of our teams a Wishing Piece while helping each other. After that, we part ways as friends for the day and revisit this if we run into each other again. Sound good?" Reno offered, his Wynaut sitting on his shoulder to smile along towards the boy. Whether that proved more calming or eerie would depend on the kid, but it was all Harleen could offer,

Beau wouldn't even bother doing anything to defend or evade the Trainer's Eye he expected to fire out of the cloud of Haze. He started this brawl with a cheap shot, eh wasn't going to waste time ducking outta that. Plus, it meant Pistachio could get to work much faster. "Pistachio! Rollout! See what you can hit!" Beau crowed, even as the blue dome from the strange beam began to form. Within the cloud of smoke, some motion could be seen as the Haze began to be whipped around by the crazed Seedot now spinning and rolling his way throughout the cloud in a mad rush to impact the trainer, the Ekans, or anything it could find to scare them off and make them easier to find. Once this Haze cleared off though, Pistachio would be all revved up to run down that Ekans with reckless abandon.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:04 pm
As Wren moved with the camp group, he would spot a cluster of mushrooms at the base of a tree and walked over to inspect them. They weren't quite ripe just yet but, upon closer inspection, they were perfectly safe to eat. Tiny Mushrooms, which never did get very big but were perfect for adding earthy flavors to food and a few Big Mushrooms which were big enough to serve as a vegan alternative to many meats. Among them, he also spotted what he thought to be a Balm Mushrom at first but, upon closer inspection, discovered that it was, in fact, a Morelull.

"Lull?" It asked, half asleep as it was disturbed.

"Oops." Wren whispered, carefully reaching out and rubbing the tiny mushroom Pokemon's largest cap gently, soothing it back into slumber. "Sorry about that, little fella." He whispered to the once-more sleeping Grass-type. "If I wasn't in a rush, I might try add you to my roster." He admitted as he gathered up the various Big and Tiny Mushrooms, stowing them in his bag with plenty of room to keep them from being overly affected by Manna's Ripen aura. They'd need a bit longer to be ready for consumption but that ability could ruin them if he wasn't careful.

Moving on from there, he'd keep his eyes peeled for further food options. Root vegetables were harder to spot without a more hands-on approach than he had time for at the moment but he did intend to go searching for some later, once they had a campsite established. and he would have more time.

~~~

Odd kept quiet and continued to follow the group for the moment. Something wasn't sitting right with him at the moment and he wasn't sure what it was. Even without Cadenza on him, he should be able to sense the other Snagems scattered around the Wild Area. It was one of his most basic skills as a Channeler, after all. But something in the air was stopping him from sensing much of anything more than a few yards away out here. Instead, his focus was being pulled toward the strange holes in the ground, the "raid dens", they'd been called? He couldn't seem to help but sense them whenever one got near and he couldn't figure out why. Circles of stones didn't have souls, after all, so what was causing it?!

~~~

Lykas found himself staring down into the dank Den, hearing the river flowing through the bottom and seeing the glint of a Wishing Piece sitting upon the sand bar at the bottom. "Hmm... I feel like this is a bad idea... but since when have I ever cared about that?" He asked himself with a laugh. He had his hybrid abilities and he had Noelani to help him out if he got into trouble so he should be find, right? Just to be on the safe side, he'd ignite the orbs of boiling flames that formed his Will-o-Wisp and toss them down into the Den so he could see better before he dropped down into it, himself. He'd take a quick look around before snatching up the Wishing Piece and making to leave the Den again before anything hiding down here might get any ideas of trying to snack on him.

~~~

Kaya grunted as his hand was knocked aside and his attempted Fairy Lock was foiled. "Bah... That never works." He muttered to himself, wishing silently that he'd been allowed to bring his blades. Rise was practically crucial to using Fairy Lock effectively, after all. "Well, Fairies are rarely seen unless they wish to be yet I can still sense them." He told the woman with a grimace hidden behind his helm's mask.

When her allies appeared and he realized what was going on, he cursed himself silently. Odd could have made use of a plan like that. Or Wren or any of the team's Channelers, really. When she quite literally leaped into action, so did he. He saw the powder unleashed and, in the few short seconds he had to react, he conjured a Crafty Shield around the trio of Snagems. "Leon, Can you Channel? Use your poison to slow her down if you can." He told the Poison Channeler as the hexagonal panels of his shield went up, blocking out the Stun Spore as it came down upon them. "Terashi!" The Psychic Channeler was already in motion by then, however, so he left him to his own devices for the moment. As the old woman's net came around with the intent to capture one of them, he'd act again. Jumping into the net's path, he would throw his hand's forward and manifest a spherical Magic Room, aiming to disable the net's Artifact qualities for the moment. That was one thing he'd learned in his time with Snagem. Channeling artifacts were essentially hold items for humans so this should, theoretically, work?

It was about that time that Abby jumped in and attacked the old Alolan. At least there was more backup if he screwed up and got caught, right?'  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:14 am
"If any of you get hurt by my poison, you have been warned now!" Leon said to Kaya. He quickly turned to face the Bug Alolan Chaneler and took a deep breath in. He felt the toxin developing in his lungs. "Last chance! Been holding it in for so long." He yelled out to his comrades as he opened his mouth and an ominous toxic started coming out. He got out of the way of Kaya so he wouldn't get any whiff of it as the toxic formed into an orb as he threw it down in front of the granny's way. "Shiro Ice Beam on her Pokemon!" He shouted as Shiro popped out and sent an Ice Beam at her Pokemon.

~~~~~~~~~

Ulla kept watching their rear as she can feel all sorts of emotions around her. Desperation, Anxiety, Hope, Determination. She took a deep breath in and exhaled. "Calm you mind. Don't panic...Just breathe." She said to herself as she heard a loud boom in the distance, she froze for a second. She then heard a familiar voice as she looked to see that it was Sub. Asking how she was. "Sub how do you do it?" She asked in desperation. "You've been in numerous battles. Wars. Close to death. Lost so many comrades. Yet. Here you are." She showed Sub the Soul Heart; still dark from the Shadow Virus. But now, also clouded. "...I'm scared. Ever since the Fairy Realm. I have been scared. I am scared of this darkness. I've felt it first hand. I can feel life. I can feel it leave. I don't understand my power...how do you keep sane?"  

Cecile Silverstone

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:07 pm
SubonicXP

Blizzard120

Aden had been watching the same fight unfold from a distance, contemplating a few actions and figuring his best option to try and dart past while the Venonat hybrid was too tired to fight. Let someone else finish off the- as he saw it- easy pickings. He had his Trainer's Eyes ready if he needed to block someone else's, but a slight loss of footing was enough to keep him from making use of it, catching the hybrid's attention and having the eyes shot at him instead. One way or another, he was in a battle now... and seeing Tristen's sudden concern told him he'd managed to keep the ruse so far.

"Uh. This is awkward. I don't suppose you'd be willing to fight in a different way, would you?" He asked, slowly fumbling with the Great Ball in his hand as if showing it had nothing inside. "I was hoping I'd catch something before being caught out like this- ack." Suddenly, he'd let it slip out of his hand, the button destined to be pressed down as soon as it hit the ground.

"Sorry about that, butterfingers. But hey, looks like my lucky day," he remarked at once, the ball opening once it hit the ground to reveal that it wasn't exactly empty at all. It had a Wooloo inside, and Aden failed to hide the slight smirk. "Guess I did catch something."

---

"Guess Sprout Tower sent their regards," Sol remarked after the battle that had taken place, taking the moment's reprieve to make sure his Scorbunny was holding onto the serving of Leftovers he came in with. Seeing that Keiko had taken to deal with a Kalosian and his Honedge before it could continue its streak, Sol set his sights on the two at the top and moved to hide and keep watching for a chance to strike. Both of them were bound to weaken one another to make picking the other off a bit easier, and he wasn't worried about the Sprout Tower representative; if he did end up having to deal with him, he figured Scorbunny wouldn't have many issues.

Further back, Amaranth was taken aback by one of the Jaboca Berries popping and scaring off a Skwovet, and already wondering of the applications if someone actually hit one of them in the middle of a fight. Seeing as she had several more that hadn't popped- enough to test that and still have some to eat- she quickly took them and kept onward.

Cera was quiet for now, trying to keep a mental scan of the immediate area as she listened to Sub and Ulla talk.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:12 am
[Camp Team]

The Shadow Ball slammed into the Honedge, causing it to spiral backwards a ways from the super effective impact, its Bellsprout would-be opponent reflexively jumping backwards as if expecting itself to have been the target. Both trainers quickly turned their to face Keiko, the interloper in their battle that never was. One didn't appear too bothered by her arrival but the other was much more soured by her appearance.

"Who are you!?" The Kalosian by the last name of Comebuy demanded to know. The monk however did not speak a word, in fact he appeared ready to move on, assuming that the hotheaded lad would keep Keiko occupied while he himself ventured off to handle other matters. The base of the tower appeared to interest him.

“My streak won’t end here! I got plans! Honedge, Autotomize and use Slash!” Comebuy ordered. The Honedge would chuck its scabbard at the Happiny and without waiting to see if it connected or not the Honedge flung itself at the Pokemon, preparing to Slash its blade body down upon the pink creature, hoping to use the scabbard as a distraction but also not above slashing through it to get to its target.

The shards of ice stabbed into the ground just short of hitting the Mareep as it skipped back, the electricity was drawn into it harmlessly but alas the flames pelleted the sheep causing it to baa in pain as it was assaulted by Leslie and her Porygon. The country girl huffed at Leslie’s appearance and gave just a passing glance at her city slicker friend now battling Veronica before turning back to Leslie. “Y’all a funny lookin’ one.” She said with a drawl. “Ah well, back home we gots all kinds. Nice to be meetin’ ya, but I’ll be sayin’ so long to ya soon. Mareep, show’em are signature; Cotton Charge!” Cotton Charge?

With a baa and a stamp of its hoof the Mareep would begin to run towards Church, picking up speed as it began to crackling with electricity, executing a Wild Charge. As it dashed towards Church it made a zigzag pattern, releasing tufts of its wool in its wake to float around in the air. If Church tried to avoid it would turn and come back around, repeating this process until it managed to corral the Porygon into its Cotton Spore trap, the tufts of wool would cling to its body to slow it down and render the Porygon an easy target for a direct hit of Wild Charge.

Atop the Watchtower Ruins the fight between hybrid and Channeler continued. The caped Spearow hybrid was making some progress finally with a clever use of Mirror Move, revealing to Sol that the Unovan Channeler was indeed a Fighting Channeler and its gimmick with the Riolu appeared to be that she could see Aura and in such a way to predict their movements through how the Aura of the environment responds. The hybrid was able to work around this by mimicking her movements but it did little more than figure out what she was doing and chase her around a little. Growing annoyed at the hybrid attempt to make a go at the Riolu but that ended in failure as well, the hybrid diving at it with a Drill Peck. The Riolu simply closed its eyes and gave off a noticeable wave of energy, that might remind Sol of something Blizzard does, and before he knew it the Riolu side stepped and the girl moved in with a perfectly timed open palmed strike to the side of the head of the hybrid sending it hurtling over the edge of the tower and falling to the ground where he would be treated by the Sprout Tower monk. This battle was decided, however the masked Unovan Channeler, apparently called the Riolu Girl, was winded and seemed happy it was over. Too bad she had another bird person waiting in the wings for round two.

-----

Sub was taken back by Ulla’s question, it wasn’t one he had been asked before and by an impressionable young girl no less. After listening to her and giving it some thought the Snagem leader finally answered. “I guess...you don’t?” He said, unsure of himself at first. “No, you don’t.” This time more confident as he considered that answer. “And that’s okay, it’s okay to not be okay. It’s okay to be scared, to feel overwhelmed, mentally exhausted. That’s normal. I may not show it often but I get scared too, I get sad, everything. But I keep going. And you can too, my little fairy.” He said with a smile. “I’ve found what keeps me from plunging wholly into the darkness are my friends, you guys, you all give me purpose to keep going. But at the end of the day I can’t say I’m ‘okay’, because I’m not. But you guys keep me above water and sailing, so to speak. And that’s enough for me. You need to understand that sometimes you won’t be okay. You’ll be frightened, unsure of yourself, you’ll despair and that’s fine. But you have to work through those emotions and find your own reason to fight on, to keep going. Back in the Fairy Realm you showed that resolve when you risked yourself for Magearna and the Soul Heart, and maybe for now that can be your reason to keep going. If not for yourself then do it for Magearna. It needs someone to fight for it, as it cannot. It doesn’t deserve the fate it has been dealt but I believe you have the power to give it a chance to restore it and give it the life it deserves. So again, if it helps you get through all this for the time being if not for yourself keep moving and stay strong for Magearna, it needs you.”

“Take Cera here.” Sub said, holding Cera out a little bit for emphasis, treating her like a literal cat. “I risked my neck for this ugly thing more than I can count. Chased a mad man across the globe. Stole from the mafia. Jumped off a tower and got arrested for her. Almost sent to the guillotine. I must be insane.” He laughed. "But I kept on moving and doing what I did for her because she is my friend."

Aria’s little Toxel would eventually find a weak branch as it scurried around, causing it to fall right into the mushroom patch Wren was sorting through, startling the Morelull he had just gotten to relax and go back to sleep and just started to step away from. The Morelull, startled and finally having enough of all this, had not only reflexively triggered its Effect Spore ability and unleashed a puff of Poison Powder but also unleashed a blinding flash of light with Confuse Ray. Wren had his back turn so was likely safe from the Confuse Ray but the Poison Powder was still breathable. Toxel was immune to the powder’s effects but it got a front row seat to the Confuse Ray. As for Aria since she was pursuing her Pokemon she probably got the worst of both worlds. Hopefully the little guy could hold in all that electricity in its dazzled state.

Amaranth would arrive right after all this chaos unfolded, just in time to see the immediate result of it all which included a Morelull running off screaming in fright, Wren choking on Poison Powder, a blinded baby Toxel, and Aria who had a little of both going on. It was quite a sight for Amaranth to stumble upon.

That ‘strange presence’ that Blizzard and/or Odd might be able to feel was getting stronger, closer. It didn’t feel maleficent but it was clear now that it was following them purposely. It got close, whatever it was, and when either of the Snagems finally felt out its actual location they would sense it too caught on and upon realizing it was found whatever was following them began to flee. If either of them gave chase they would find a Woobat fleeing through the trees, flying through the branches as it set its course to its trainer ahead of it running on foot. The hood of the trainer was a dead giveaway as to what this person used to do, apparently unable to give up the accessory. Wearing a Team Unova uniform and the hood of a Plasma grunt the Woobat’s trainer fled through the trees while its Pokemon followed. It was apparent they were scouting out the Snagems and now would report back to their team. Now the question was do they let the scout get away?

[Hunter Team]

Kaya’s Crafty Shield protected them from the Stun Spore but it left just enough of an opening for her to single out Terashi in her attack, scooping him up in her expanding bug net. As she spun around the net closed up like a bag and detached, sending Terashi flying off to the side, now wrapped up in a net made of a strange silk that was extremely durable and in spite of its previous expanding properties the threads did not want to give any stretch at all, thus keeping Terashi inside.

While Kaya was just a little too late on preventing her from snatching up Terashi he still executed his Magic Room, the woman looking down at her now pink glow net for a moment before looking at Kaya and letting out a sigh. “That actually does work, just so you know. But you’ll need more practice it for it to work on a veteran Channeler like me.” To make her point she slammed the bottom of her net on the ground causing the pink energy around the net to ‘shatter’, the woman strong enough to negate the effects of the Magic Room on her net by sheer force alone. It was a good thing this gal wasn’t able to bring a whole team of Pokemon or they would be in a lot more trouble.

Before she could say much else Abby’s Machop would dash in pull off a successful Low Kick, tripping the woman and causing her to stumble forward, using her net for support to prevent herself from falling over. Her Blipbug though was quick to prevent Machop’s follow up as it retaliated against the Fighting type with a splatter of Sticky Web to keep it occupied.

She wouldn’t have time to react to Abby and Machop herself as the fight started back up, the old gal was quick to note Leon’s movement, almost super natural in her quickness. In that moment she was Channeling with one of her Pokemon, her pupils dividing up into numerous smaller pupils to make a single cluster. Whatever she did she was now extremely quick in her reaction timing and effortlessly snatched up Leon’s orb of poisonous substance, whether or not it was gaseous or solid, in her net. The unique properties of it appeared to allow her to catch and hold anything in it, the net itself shrinking or enlarging as needed and not even gasses could seep out of it. However she was unable to prevent her Cutiefly from getting struck by Shiro’s Ice Beam causing her to tumble backwards in the air.

With a huff the old Channeler went back on the offense herself, slinging the toxic orb at Kaya. Keeping herself in motion she then ordered Joltik to fire a spray of Pin Missile at Abby before she could join Leon’s side. While Joltik left off its attack Cutiefly came zipping back up to her side and the woman kicked off the ground and made a dash for Leon, using the end of her net to knock away the Vulpix before flipping it back around to try and snatch up Leon in the net like she did Terashi.

-----

The green haired lad would glare at Freth as the Trainer’s Eyes struck him and formed the inescapable ring of energy around them both. It wasn’t a look of anger, but one of determination, as if he welcomed the challenge but was determined to walk away as the victor. “That’s fine. You’ll just help me reach my goal of claiming one hundred victories in this tourney that much quicker. Sandshrew! We’re being challenged again!” The boy called out to his Pokemon who was quick to roll over to the front of him and prepare for battle, in spite of the matches it just faced.

“I’m A.J. of Vermillion City and I’ll remember you as number seven. Sandshrew, use Swift! Go high and then scrap the ground!” A.J. ordered. His Pokemon responded to the command by curling up in a ball and spinning around in place at a tremendous speed, releasing from its body a flurry of star-shaped energy discs. Some of them flew high up in the air before arching back down towards their target while two large Swift stars wheeled across the ground, cutting a line in the dirt as they sought out Tyrogue.

The Venonat hybrid just sighed as the battle started. He knew what this was all about but that fight earlier really took it out of him. Oh well, this was happening now. Releasing a Psyduck himself he prepared for battle. “Now I know what your headaches must feel like.” The hybrid mused to his Pokemon. “Psyduck, hit that cotton ball with a Water Gun!” With a nod the duck would grip its head and unleash a forceful stream of water from inside its bill at the opposing Wooloo.

As for Tristen, the spectator to the match between Aden and Venonat hybrid, he might realize that everyone was occupied at the moment and the den, however contested, was completely unguarded. Couldn’t someone just, you know, walk up and take the piece now?

The boy considered Reno’s proposition for a second, petting his Rattata in thought for a bit as he looked up and smiled back at the Wynaut. “Okay mister, deal.” Ben agreed. “The only Wishing Piece I know of is the one we’re here to get. It’s past A.J. and that bird lady he’s battling.” Ben said, pointing out the raid den beyond the two sets of trainers who were now locked in battle like Beau and the woman were. “I...guess we could just go take it? Everyone else is busy.” He pointed out.

Speaking of Beau. “Hey! Watch it!” The woman shouted as the Seedot came barreling through the Haze and almost rolled her over, missing Ekans for the first go. “Ekans, watch out! Slip it up with Acid!” With the cloud of Haze now split in two the Ekans was certain to be lurking in one of the lingering clouds of black smoke and with it was a puddle of Acid waiting to trip up the Seedot in retaliation. Beau and Seedot had a choice now, the right or left Haze cloud. They will either hit the Ekans and roll into a puddle of Acid or hit nothing and perhaps be left vulnerable in that moment. Either way the clouds of Haze wouldn’t remain for much long so the Ekans could hide forever.

-----

Much to Lykas’ surprise he was able to snatch up the Wishing Piece without so much as a problem, not even a Magikarp to gawk at him. As he came up and out of the den and back to the surface it was perhaps the strangest feeling that he was able to procure a piece without any trouble whatsoever. With the piece in hand now was the hard part of getting it back to his teammates. Something told him that just holding one made him a target. He didn’t know how people would know he had it but something told him they knew.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:00 pm
"~/~," I cursed, as I tried in vain to rip and tear at the net holding me in place. Giving up on that for the time being, I grabbed Simon's ball and, after some struggle, managed to let him out in such a way that he was outside of the net that surrounded me. "Capture that Channeler woman in your Dig," I ordered. Simon only looked at me with concern in his eyes. "You can help me out later, just GO!" I demanded. Simon nodded at this and dug beneath the earth.

Meanwhile, Abby covered her face with her arms reflexively, but didn't need to as Palladia had leapt up between Joltik and her and used Counter to tank the damage of Pin Missile and return that damage back to Joltik and then some. Feeling much bettter about having an actual Pokemon to fight, Palladia then landed in front of her trainer and held her ground, happy to protect Absinthe from the Joltik in front of her. Said Bug-type's trainer, however, would be far too busy trying to avoid falling into the ground thanks to Simon's Dig to try to do to Leon what she did to me.

~*~

Keiko wasn't really surprised when the old Johtonian monk walked off, but she was shocked when her Kalosian foe attacked Stasy almost immediately. Fortunately, she didn't lose her wits in her shock. "Jump up and use Fire Blast!" she ordered. The little Happiny immediately jumped over Honedge's sheath in response and took a deep breath. Just before she let her Fire Blast out, Honedge struck her with Slash, causing her to exhale her attack as her body was sent plummeting to the ground. Hopefully, however, Honedge's close proximity to Stasy, and by proxy, her Fire Blast, would make said move nearly impossible if not completely impossible to dodge.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:38 pm
As I continued walking along, staying close to what remained of the defense party, my own instincts finally tripped and I stopped moving. For a brief second, I was trying to get a read of whatever presence there is, where it is, and where it was going. Quickly I turned, looking towards the direction of the Woobat, then finally taking note to the trainer. The uniform...looked Unova...but, the hood...too much akin to Team Plasma from a long while back. My eyes narrowed. By now, every one in the world knew we were out here participating in this tournament. That would be no secret. The problem though is anyone stupid enough to start crap at a time like this?

...if that Shadow Pokemon incident yesterday was any indication, yes. Yes, someone is, perhaps many someone's with their own agendas, even. Who knows at that point. Regardless, I wasn't going to pursue. Not yet, anyways. Instead... "Sub." I spoke up to get the Snagem leader's attention. "Sub, we might got more than Shadow Pokemon problems here. Either that, or Team Unova has made a poor wardrobe choice. We got Plasmas out here."

----------

This guy has to be full of himself. One hundred victories in this tournament alone? Concurrent or can there be a loss here and there? Still though, number seven? He's already taken on seven before Freth locked herself in a fight with him? Then this Sandshrew has got to be running on fumes! Then again, where she jumped in, she took note to the Sandshrew fighting two Pokemon who clearly had the type advantage and the ground type was no worse for wear at the end of it. The Bidoof was a tougher fight than those two and even it went down. This guy might not be full of it after all. Considering everything, he may be a linchpin to his entire team. It might be worth taking him out of the running after all, if to take out a strong trainer if nothing else. Question is, would Tyrogue be up to the task? One way to find out...

The edge Freth has right now is that this trainer has no idea just what Tyrogue is capable of. Freth ended up figuring out that this once orphaned fighting type was bred for a fight in mind. Several attacks only common to its evolutions and not as a Tyrogue. She may be able to catch him off guard, provided that she can get Tyrogue in the right position to do so. A Sandshrew quickly leading off with a Swift attack, was not exactly it, however. The stars pelt Tyrogue from nearly all directions as the little fighting type braced itself. Not exactly one of a Sandshrew's most damaging attacks, but good enough to keep lesser Pokemon at bay.

"Tyrogue, Mach Punch!" Freth commanded. As the remainder of the star flurry attempts to bombard Tyrogue, the fighter Pokemon looked as if he side-stepped and quickly vanished, only to re-appear right near the Sandshrew. "Rogue!" Tyrogue shouted as he attempted to land a speedy haymaker upon the ground type.

--------

Tristen would be left astounded for a brief second. Aden DID have something to fight in this tournament with? When did he get that sheep? Questions loomed over the Manetric hybrid, unable to place when he had any opportunity. But then, that train of thought was derailed. Freth was on her way fighting that Sandshrew trainer, Tristen's target is now pre-occupied by Aden...and...there was no one else.

The Manetric hybrid looked about, making doubly sure that no one else was near by and the ones that were was still preoccupied. "...." This was opportunity knocking. An uncontested piece. One more look around then the boy ran from his hiding spot, making the mad dash for the piece.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:09 pm
Wren was a bitystartled when Aria's Toxel fell from the tree, more by the sudden sound than anything else but by the time he had turned around to see what happened, Morelull had already reflexively attempted to defend itself. Reaching for a Pokeball, he realized he couldn't depending on his Pokemon's help here since Manna was his only partner at the moment. And worse was that until he applied his Shadow Vaccine to Altissima, he couldn't use Blossom Waltz to disperse the poisonous pollen the poor mushroom had unleashed into the area. He did have another idea, though he was unwilling to use it due tot he risk it posed to Manna. So instead, he pulled his shirt up over his mouth and nose, tucked Manna inside it and tucked it in as best he could to minimize the exposure to the toxins. He would, however, whip off his beanie and swing it through the cloud like some kind of net for a few seconds. The purpose? Twofold: He could use the wind from the action to disperse the cloud of Poison Powder somewhat and he could use his hat to catch some of what didn't get dispersed for later, Leon might be able to use a Black Sludge and multiple poisons together could be used to make a sort of pseudo amalgam that might work the same way. His research on plants and soils had taught him the basics of the hold item's mechanics so maybe he could recreate it here if he got enough stuff?

In the attempts to clear up the poison pollen, though, his shirt would slip free of his face without his noticing and after a few breaths, he would begin to cough rather violently, falling to his knees after a moment or two in an attempt to fall below the cloud. It didn't seem to be working, though, as he continued coughing and, by extensions, breathing in still more of the pollen.

~~~

Odd would sense no malice from the Woobat when he finally figured out where it was coming from and turned to take a look in it's direction. It's trainer was dubious, however. He sensed a degree of fear but no malicious intent from them, either. Were they just a scout? Or where they intending to try and get the jump on the group until they'd been caught?

"I saw them, too." He announced when Blizzard brought it to Sub's attention. "They didn't seem... dangerous, though." He pointed out. "Normally I can tell when someone's planning to attack but they felt more like they were afraid of us... I wonder." He kept his senses sharpened but chose not to chase the Plasma for the moment, himself. He wanted to try and recover some of his stronger Pokemon and/or Channeling partners before he went looking for a battle.

Despite Odd's insistence to not follow, Replay had other plans. The Chatot flew low, keeping to the trees as much as he could, and followed the Unovan trainer as far as he dared. He would relay their location to the others when he got back, as well as whatever they might have planned.

~~~

Lykas was quick to recover the Wishing Piece and then headed back up to the surface, noticing that it was unusual nothing had attacked him so far. Not even the Pokemon in the lake had tried on his way in. That almost made him feel like he was being watched by someone or something more dangerous than the local wildlife and now that he had the Wishing Piece in hand, he had to wonder if that put a target on his back. No... The longer he dwelled on the thought, the more he felt certain it had. Someone, somewhere in the Wild Area, likely knew he had found it and would likely be coming after him in short order.

Poking his head out of the Raid Den and looking around, he would spot a few wild Pokemon wandering the edge of the grassy field not far from the Den and some strange, hideous, blue bird waddling along the beach in the other direction. He couldn't quite tell what the Pokemon in the grass were from here but the bird was alone and the shore on the other side of the lake would put hims close to the tower the camp team was going to... Maybe it would be a good idea to head there and drop off his Wishing Piece with them before he went searching for another one, since he was already so close? Giving it some thought for a moment before acting, he figured out his course of action and leaped out of the raid den. Darting toward the bird by the shore, he would duck around it, shooting a tentacle out and attempting to tag it with his Cursed Body and momentarily Disable it at potential prey if the Pokemon in the grass took him as a possible meal and then, just as he reached the farthest possible point he could reach on the shoreline, he'd leap into the air and perform a graceful, acrobatic flip in the air before launching a Water Spout from his forehead jewel which should launch him clear across the water fast enough to not be caught by anyone coming toward him.

Hitting the ground on the other side of the water, he'd roll for a few yards before slowing down enough to stand back up. "Ow... That might not have been the best plan..." He grunted, grabbing his now very bruised arm where he had landed on it with his other hand. Thankfully, he could see the tower nearby and what looked like Sol up by the top. "Looks like the team managed to get there, at least." He told himself as he headed toward it.

~~~

Kaya was a bit miffed that the old hag had managed to snatch up Terashi but he wasn't going to let this go on much longer, especially when he "broke" his Magic Room. As the woman went back on the offensive, he took the cloud of poison head on, using another Crafty Shield to block it from hitting anyone else before he tossed a sparkle of light into the air, the single piece of glitter floating precariously through the air and sparkling playfully as he drifted between him and the old woman. "Close your eyes!" He warned his fellow Snagems as the Dazzling Gleam was unleashed. The moment that speck of glitter popped, it exploded in a glorious shower of stars and fairy dust, blinding the old woman and her Pokemon with any luck.

Jumping straight through the cloud, he'd throw a swift upper cut aimed at the Channeler's stomach aiming to knock the wind out of her. If she was Bug Channeler, she would resist Play Rough so he had to rely on an old-fashioned punch to the gut here.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:55 pm
Leslie would look at the clouds of electrified wool that were beginning to stream off of the Mareep, blinking a few times as she stared at the somewhat absurd spectacle. "Church! Execute plan Extremely Poor Ideas!" Leslie called, already charging forward as Church took the first few steps of the plan. Which was....diving straight into the Mareep in a suicidal Tackle. Ramming directly into the Mareep to cut the Cotton Charge short before it could really affect his movement capabilities, the Porygon would wobble back as it seemed to be cycling colors. Leslie would dash past the dazed Porygon, swinging her now hardened horn into the Mareep to send it flying backwards like a golf ball. Meanwhile, besides her, Church's color would finally settle onto a black and yellow pattern with lightning streaks after his Conversion 2 move finally finished. "Hey. Go fetch that cotton ball, ya hick. I wanna see if I can set a new distance record for my golf score!" Leslie taunted, waiting to see the response to Leslie using her own Pokemon as what amounted to a distraction.

---

Aria would be diving forward to try and catch her Toxel as it plummeted to the ground, skidding to a stop a few feet away from the Morelull that had been startled. In perfect position to eat a face full of Confuse Ray and lungs full of Poison Powder. "AH! My eyes! hack hack cough" Aria spluttered as she blindly rolled in what she assumed to be the right direction. Which it was......to find her Toxel just as the little guy discovered he could unleash a supercharged Nuzzle. Visibly lighting up with the massive amount of electricity coursing through her, Aria would be reduced into a twitching, wheezing mess in the middle of a mushroom pile.

---

Reno would nod at the kid's suggestion, slowly beginning to sidle away towards the now open raid den. "Alright, kid. Lets go take a look and see what we can grab." Reno said, Harleen nodding appreciatively as the new quartet set off to check out the raid den.

Meanwhile....Beau would be continuing with this poorly though out plan. "Pistachio! Left cloud!" Beau called out, moving into position to intercept the rolling Seedot through the cloud. If it found the pair, cool, things would....hopefully work out with Pistachio managing to run over the Ekans with a little bit of lost momentum. But if not, Beau would be in position to intercept Pistachio and attempt to kick him into the other fading Haze cloud to hopefully prevent any attempts to take advantage of the Seedot's time to turn around to reach the other cloud.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 am
"~/~" Leon cursed under his breath as his attack was directed back at Kaya. He pulled out his white kunai as he watched the old lady dash towards him to capture him. The Alolan Vulpix tried to get out of the way but was knocked away from her trainer. "Shiro!" He shouted as he heard Kaya to close their eyes. Before he did, he noticed Simon dig to get the Bug Channeler stuck. This was the perfect moment to strike, Leon closed his eyes and took a deep breath in.

He then leaped in the air as the flash from Kaya's Dazzling Gleam happened as his target was the woman's Artifact. He focused his channeling towards his blade as he made several slashes towards the net.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ulla waited for Sub's answer, hoping this would be the thing that could break her out of her slump. Once she heard him say that 'you don't', her heart sank. Until he said it again with more confidence. The child listened to her leader and his story as a single tear fell from her face. "It's okay...to not be okay..." She said as her mind started to piece all of these emotions together. All of her thoughts, all of her memories, all of it. It felt like something inside her just unlocked. With that feeling, she couldn't help but laugh as more and more tears started falling. She looked at the bubbled Soul Heart as the cloudiness was dissipating. "I understand." She said as she started to wipe away her tears. Ulla trusted Sub, for obvious reasons. He was the leader, but also because he's been through so much as well. "I need to talk to Leon, Keiko, and Ter when this is all over. So they don't have to worry about me as much." She said with a warm smile. "I am Ulla Hanabi. Even in darkness, I will work to see Magearna again. A friend that needs me the most." She said as she held the Soul Heart close to her.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:21 pm
Aden couldn't have asked for a better result when he saw Tristen appear to take advantage of an opportunity that sprung up now that he wouldn't have to bail anyone out. Now, with any luck, he could take care of this battle while his opponent was weakened. And after Wooloo got a sudden bath thanks to the Water Gun, though this seemed to do little more than force her back and dampen her wool a bit.

"O...kay... well, I'm sorry about both of your headaches, but I'm gonna have to worsen them. Wooloo, Tackle!" Running behind her, he'd give her a push to help her along in rolling at her target. He knew it wouldn't be necessary, but why not?

---

What Sol saw was indeed all too familiar with him, between hybrid senses working the way they do and having a good idea of what Blizz's Mind Reader was like. Against a channeler like her, he'd pretty much be playing with a deck where she could see right through his cards. The only advantage is maybe she wasn't able to read minds- wait.

"Inigo, into my arms," Sol whispered shortly after letting his Scorbunny out. "As soon as I toss you up, start scattering Embers everywhere you can. Our opponent will surely see us coming, so the more haphazard we can make everything, the better. Ready?"

Though unsure about the fall that'd come after the toss and being all too nervous about that, a nod would be given. It'd be a safe idea, right? Sol would toss Inigo as soon as he hopped into his arms, leaving him to spit out several Embers in a spray-and-pray fashion at Riolu Girl and her Riolu alike and poised to take to the skies once he began falling and the flames were in place.

"Your fight's only just begun!"

---

Cera would continue her "welp, this is my life now" response to what was going on, though she would speak up after Sub's remark, a thankful tone in her voice as it rang in Sub and Ulla's heads. "Wound up returning that favor, too. A couple of times. You don't exactly take out something that's supposed to be a "better" version of you without a little- a lot of- help. Take it from someone who's only just been able to say she's okay, having even one person with you makes a lot of difference. I don't doubt Magearna knows that, too."

---

As for Amaranth, seeing what had come of... whatever went on earlier had her stare for a few seconds. "Did... was there a party and I missed the memo?" She finally asked, looking at the Jaboca Berries in hand and doubting they'd be much use in helping them out.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:37 am
[Camp Team]

The Fire Blast slammed into Honedge, the blade Pokemon unable to avoid the fiery explosion which sent it flying backwards through the air, only coming to a stop once it hit the ground. The living sword would slowly rise back up into the air, barely hanging on, the only saving grace was that Happiny wasn’t efficient in any type of direct damaging moves. “It’s not going to end like this! I still have much left to do in this tournament and I will not be interrupted by a filthy métis like you!” Combuy hissed at Keiko. “You’ll regret getting in my way! Honedge! Autotomize! Battre en retraite!” He shouted to his Pokemon, the blade giving off a bright glow of light, as the glow disappeared the sword appearing much slimmer, like a rapier. With its speed increased even more it shot off like a rocket towards Comebuy, slowing down as it flew over him to wrap its ‘ribbon’ around his upheld arm and then gradually sped back up until the both were flying off in retreat. Keiko could probably fire off the Trainer’s Eyes to keep him in battle but it probably wasn’t worth it since her job was only to secure the tower.

As for that Sprout Tower monk from earlier he could be found with his Bellsprout standing in front of the tower, peering through a crack in it and speaking to someone. “Come out. Team Johto will be claiming this tower. If you wish to stay in the tournament I advise you to leave peacefully. I’m well aware your Pokemon are severely weakened.” Keiko could hear his words clearly with her superior hearing but was unable to hear or see whoever he was speaking to. Looks like there was another group involved in claiming this tower and they were held up inside of it, easy pickings for someone more aggressive than the monk.

At the top of Watchtower Ruins Sol was just beginning to start his own battle as Keiko’s died down. Riolu Girl and her Riolu lazily skipped backwards as the flames fell upon them from above, Riolu pelted by a few embers of which it winced from the pain and Riolu Girl’s scarf getting singed. The pair would initially seem caught off guard by Sol and Scorbunny but at the same time seemed unsurprised by his appearance. “Hm, ready for the next step, Riolu? Use Screech, I’m going up.” With a nod Riolu unleashed an ear splitting Screech and immediately threw its hands up with the palms facing upward. Riolu Girl would jump up and onto the Pokemon’s palms and immediately upon contact the Riolu unleashed a burst of aura which sent the heroine sailing high up into the air. With her enemies hopefully reeling from the sudden ringing in her ears she immediately went on the offense, taking out a boomerang and chucking it at Sol from her midair position.

Just shy of the tower Leslie continued to engage the backwoods Mareep wrangler. The poor little Wool Pokemon would have its little combo cut short as Church made its suicidal headlong rush, the Mareep slamming into it with such fierce impact that the recoil from Wild Charge was perhaps worse than it would have been in the first place. Staggering from the near concussion it was easy prey for Leslie to step up and knock it clear off the ground, the sheep sent rolling once it came back to Earth. “Aw shucks this isn’t going well.” The girl admitted as her Mareep stumbled back up to its feet. The country girl would shoot Leslie an ugly look over her last comment and spit in her direction. “I reckon I ought to make ya pay for that. This here is a matter of pride now! Mareep! Take Down into dem tufts and make it hurt that color changin’ chameleon whatchamadinger!” With a baa the sheep would run towards Church, picking up speed along the way and purposely running through the tufts of wool it left behind from its failed Cotton Spore. The wool would naturally cling to the Mareep thanks to the static electricity in them and as it picked up the tufts the Mareep’s coat would get bigger and denser, a sort of improvised Cotton Guard. Closing in on the Porygon with its greater bulk and accumulated speed the Mareep went in for a suicide rush, both it and the trainer knowing it would not survive and thus they would be kicked out of the tourney but at the first least they thought they would take someone out with them.

-----

Sub smiled at Ulla, happy that he could be of some help for the little girl. When Cera spoke up he chuckled softly. “Better? Maybe. It was less pink than you so I would call that a plus.” He joked in response to Cera. It felt good to joke about it now, made it feel like it was truly finally over. And it was. The Dark One noticed the change in the Soul Heart and placed his hand on her shoulder. “I have a feeling Magearna will be able to thank you for your help sooner rather than later. You just keep hanging in there.” He didn’t say anything but it looked like the Soul Heart responded to helping and lifting up others, that is bringing them out of their own darkness would bring the Soul Heart closer to purification. Ulla might notice it herself in time but for now he said nothing. Purifying the Soul Heart was her journey and one he felt was needed to help the girl grow into her destiny.

The mood changed quickly when Blizzard and Odd spoke up, the man giving a cautious glance around the area before speaking. “Plasma? Surprising to see them out here in a Pokemon tournament of all things. Maybe they want to sabotage the whole thing over Pokemon rights and all that jazz. I admit crashing a global tournament would make a heck of a statement. For now I think it would be best we left them to their own devices. If they want to crash the tournament then we’ll need to stay in it to stop them. Though if it’s as Odd said, maybe it’s just a random grunt that was a random grunt that decided to join up and is now scared out of his mind, especially upon seeing us. Who knows.” Sub shrugged.

As for Replay the bird would only be able to follow the Plasma for so long before it lost the grunt in a cluster of trees, the Unovan trainer never exiting it. The only thing of interest the bird spotted was a peculiar burst of flames coming from inside the tree little mini-grove. It seemed like after that things went quiet, as if the grunt disappeared when the explosion went off. Strange.

“Look, the Watchtower Ruins are up ahead.” Sub pointed out to his group as they crested a small hill, able to spot the ruins in the distance. From this position they could see someone or something flying atop the tower and standing on it, looked like a battle going on. “What’s going on up there? Can you see, Blizz?” He asked the hybrid with the superior eyesight among them. If he could he would spot the fight going on between Sol and Scorbunny versus Riolu Girl and Riolu.

Ulla however would feel something else coming from the tower. A Pokemon, a very frightened Pokemon. Even before she realized she as a channel she was naturally tuned towards the feelings of Pokemon and now that she had a little training it wasn't too hard to pick up on a highly stressed one from a distance. It didn't seem to be fighting as far as she could sense, in fact it felt like it was hiding, scared out of its mind, likely inside of that ruined tower.

Whichever of the more 'sensitive' trio consisting of Blizzard, Ulla, and Odd might pick up on the group of very angry bikers representing Kanto burning a trail straight for the tower ruins. Something really got them in a good. The biker gang would make it to the ruins before the Snagems would, even with Blizzard's agility at this distance and once they arrived it was fairly certain they would want something or someone to take their anger out on.

Just a little bit behind Sub and the others Aria was still twitching and hacking in the middle of a mushroom patch, her hair standing on ends while her baby Toxel just seemed clueless to what it just did to its. Though to be fair it had just suffered a Confuse Ray itself. As for Wren he was no better nearby, coughing himself as his lungs protested the dose of Poison Powder it just received. The strange scene was quickly becoming less ‘strange’ for Amaranth and more dire as she would surely realize her teammates were in actual trouble right now, as amusing of how they got into this situation was. Aria was paralyzed and both her and Wren were poisoned and there was an infant Toxel confused beyond reason just bursting with electricity after its Wacan Berry lunch. Amaranth certainly had a situation on her hands but she was the only one close enough to help out.

[Hunter Team]

“Now Sandshrew! Body slam it into an Earthquake!” AJ ordered. Wait what!? The Sandshrew would not take the Mach Punch directly, getting slugged clean across the snot and yet despite the clearly painful hit it just took the Sandshrew stood firm, wincing with a pained grunt. It would then promptly grab a hold of Tyrogue with a tight hugging embrace. Slapping its tail on the ground and using its thick sturdy legs the Sandshrew jumped up off the ground with the Tyrogue, did a half backflip and came back down to Earth with Tyrogue’s back facing the ground and Sandshrew on top. The pair would slam into the ground with a surprisingly powerful impact in spite of how short the jump was, an Earthquake immediately triggered which would shake the ground with extreme violence, even AJ struggling to keep his footing. A small crack in the Earth was formed in the aftermath as well. Was that an Earthquake of a mild Fissure? Now Freth was starting to see a sample of what this sand mouse was capable of. Good thing it hadn’t evolved yet. One saving grace was it had suffered several battles already, hopefully it was enough to give them an advantage.

Beau’s Seedot would roll right through the cloud in vain, confirming that the Ekans was not in the left one. While the hybrid had a plan to immediately correct the Seedot’s course the trainer and her Ekans would attempt to use what time of opportunity they were allowed, whether or not Beau would allow them to utilize it was something else. “Acid!” She cried out. Figuring that the Seedot would be redirect to them a long range wide attack would be the best solution to at least deliver some sort of damage against the Seedot. The Ekans would unleash from inside the cloud a spray of watery acid in the direction of the Seedot, assuming it would come back in their direction. Worse case scenario it just singes the rolling menace a little bit, best case maybe the slick Acid would cause it to slip and lose control of its Rollout.

The Venonat hybrid just gave Aden a blank stare for a bit after he made his little comment about headaches, sighing to himself before speaking. “Really? Puns? You’re one of those people I see.” He shook his head. “Follow up with an Icy Wind.” The exasperated hybrid ordered as the Wooloo bore down on his Psyduck. The sheep would slam right into the duck, knocking it onto its bottom but before it had a chance to roll right over it the duck unleashed from its bill a chilling Icy Wind, the wet Wooloo beginning to find ice crystals forming all over it and the ground between them nice and slick. Also, the Psyduck appeared a little...flustered? “Where are you from anyways? Might as well make small talk if we have to do this. I’m from Fuschia City. Ever been there?” The Venonat hybrid asked.

Ben would nod and follow Reno to the den, the pair arriving at the side of it with no issue as the others duked it out. The boy would lean over and peer inside as he stood by Reno, looking down through the darkness to see a sparkling piece of meteorite at the bottom. “Look! There it is!” He eagerly pointed out to Reno, his Rattata chirping happily. It was by that time that Tristen showed up, also having the idea to take the piece while no one was looking. “Oh um...hello mister.” The young boy named Ben said to Tristen as he showed up, then noting the uniform he was wearing. “A friend of yours?” He asked Reno before turning back to the den. “So uh...how do we get this out, guys?” He asked the two as he looked down at the Wishing Piece at the bottom of the den. Tristen might be wondering why an apparent member of Team Kanto was teaming up with Reno but for now it didn’t seem to be a priority issue.

A few minutes later, whether or not one of them had decided to go on into the den to get the piece at this point, something would begin to stir in the den. A burst of flames would shoot up out of it and if anyone was inside or close to the opening they would be burned by the fires. Following the flames came a long and flat bug-like creature with ‘facial hair’ made of fire and a pair of menacing mandibles. The burning bug appeared angered as the Snagems and Ben had disturbed its nap at the bottom of this den but upon closer inspection it wasn’t just its ruined nap it was angry about. Wedged between the segments of its carapace was the Wishing Piece they were after, the Centiscorch clearly uncomfortable and thus in a bad mood over it.

“What kind of Pokemon is that!?” Ben asked, Rattata hissing at the Pokemon. Before he could get an answer the Centiscorch attacked, flicking out a long ‘tongue’ made of fire at the group with Fire Lash, whipping the ‘tongue’ all over the place as it attempted to snatch up and incinerate those it deemed responsible for its discomfort.

-----

The Counter sent some of the needles back at Joltik but at a much greater speed and strength, knocking the bug off of the Channeler who looked back at the missing bug with apparent worry. She wouldn’t have too much time to worry as the Dazzling Gleam went off blinding her just long enough to allow Kaya to land his Play Rough right in her stomach, not doing as much damage as it could’ve done but more than enough to stumble right into the hole Simon dug out. With her upper torso still free she attempted to use her net to retaliate but that was when Leon moved in to slice up the net part of her artifact, rendering it useless to her for now. Defeated the elderly Bug Channeler sighed and just lowered her netless net as she laid her hands down on the ground. “You got me, young ones.” She relented, Blipbug scurrying off her to flee, Joltik had already raced off with an Agility after being Countered by Machop. “You may have won our little fight but just two little problems in case you haven’t noticed. One, there is no prize for winning. All of usl just wasted our strength for nothing, not a piece or anything of the like. Two, my Cutiefly is gone.” Now that she pointed it out she was right. Her one registered Pokemon, the one they would need to knock out to actually evict her from the tournament had fled in the chaos. Sure, they could try to stop the Blipbug from fleeing and knock out that teammate but not her. “I think I got the better end of the deal though. Exhausted four for the price of one.” She chuckled. This wasn’t much of a victory, was it?

"But you..." She said looking at Leon. "I suppose I got lucky when your friends showed up. I'd hate to see what you would do if you were cornered like a Rattata." What was that suppose to mean?

-----

As Lykas headed towards the Watchtower Ruins with the newfound piece he would first come across Amarath who was now trying to deal with a poisoned and paralyzed Leslie, a confused and highly volatile baby Toxel, and a poisoned Wren. It looked like while he had a pretty easy time so far the others were not as lucky. Maybe there was something he could do to help out here.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:41 pm
Keiko seriously considered trapping him in place with Trainer's Eyes as he fled. If she didn't make his Honedge faint, he could come back with his entire team. Of course, she could potentially have the whole Camp squad here for when that happens. The main reason she let him go, however, was that she knew the old Johtonian was still around somewhere. She had more pressing matters to tend to, however.

"You did so good for your first battle!" she cheered, getting down on both knees to hug Stasy. The Happiny cheered in Pokespeak, but began glowing erratically, forcing Keiko to let her go. As Stasy evolved, Keiko watched the life of the young Happiny flash before her eyes - the day she hatched from her egg, the day she lost her in Unova to Cipher grunts, the day she found her in Lovrina's base, the day I gave her back, the day she kept crying because she wanted an Oval Stone, all the times she played with her Pokemon and with other peoples' Pokemon, all the times she laid down on her bed daydreaming while Stasy napped on her belly. An ember of worry flickered in her heart, but was washed away at the sight of the newly-evolved Chansey.

"You're beautiful," Keiko whispered, awestruck by her very first Pokemon and her new form. Overcome with love, she hugged Stasy, and was hugged back. During the hug, her body was covered by a pink aura of energy, Return triggering due to her powerful positive emotions

Naturally, the old monk ruined the moment with his ultimatum, cancelling out Return. "Let's go, Stasy. We've got a lot more fighting to do," she sighed using Stasy's much larger form compared to how small she was before to help herself up, walking toward the sound of the monk's voice.

"If you're talking to the Kalosian, he's long gone," Keiko announced once she appeared before the old Johtonian monk. "If you're talking to me, then have I got a surprise for you."

"Chansey!" Stasy cheered loudly.

"Either way, this tower has already been claimed by Team Snagem, and I'm not about to let that change," Keiko added, the muscles in her arm tightening reflexively as if in preparation for a looming fight..

~*~

"Sorry, guys, but she has a point," I said as I approached my teammates. I wasn't sure if it was Simon freeing me after he made his pitfall trap, or if the net surrounded me faded from existence once Leon temporarily disabled the old maid's artifact, but it didn't much matter. "I've got to get my hands on a Wishing Star or Reno will never let me hear the end of it," I explained, taking my hoverboard out of my duffel bag. I immediately recalled Simon and rode of in search of a nearby den.

"I'll follow Ter, make sure he doesn't get in over his head. You guys can watch over a defenseless old woman, right?" Abby said, grabbing her own hoverboard and recalling Palladia before riding after me.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:58 pm
Leslie would begin to show worry at the extremely weighty ball of fluff and aggression that was now charging towards them, already certain she would be the losing side of this particular contest of mass and momentum. What the hell could they even do against this? Sure, Church was a Ground type currently, but electric immunity doesn't stop physics and that amount of weight would ruin anything. And while Church could recover from a lot, the world's heartiest concussion was unlikely to be on that list. As she desperately moved herself into position to try and dampen the blow, a strange memory crossed her mind. Of how GRAY had aided her in getting used to the sudden increase in mass and density she gained during hybridization....by cranking up the gravity in the training room to ridiculous degrees until she only struggled to move there rather than through all of life. With that thought, Leslie decided to play a hunch. "Church, Gravity!" Leslie commanded, steeling herself for the impact of the Cotton Guard charge if this failed. But with that command, the gravity in the battlefield would suddenly skyrocket through the sheer power that now permeated the air. If the Mareep could adjust in time, Leslie was about to eat a likely slower but still healthy attack rather than watching this sheep absolutely bite it from the sudden imbalance.

----

Aria would continue to struggle and gag as she continued to experience periodic nerve shocks and the continued presence of poisonous spores in her lungs. And also the mild brain damage that those lights seemed to give her. She wasn't gonna be doing a thing unless someone else helped her.

For her more mobile Pokemon, Billy would be just as confused. However, he was still able to move around and he wanted to move with how energetic he was feeling. So he began to charge around the area, randomly electrocuting mushrooms, trees, grass, and giving the occasional dose of electricity to the Snagems who were disabled by the aftermath of his fall.

---

Smacking his Seedot on the....head?, Beau would quickly redirect the Grass type into a straight line charge to where he heard the voice come from. A small trail of black would erupt from Pistachio as he sped towards the Ekans, hydroplaning on the Acid pool that had now been formed by the Ekans and causing the Pokemon to crash hard at the edge of the pool, a large cloud of dust erupting as he tumbled through the pair's location to eventually correct the sudden error in movement that had been caused by dashing through a puddle of torment and pain. Except Beau seemed to be smiling, bringing his hand down towards the trail of dust that Pistachio had created and that seemed to have a strange hang time."Oh, this'll hurt you WAY more than it'll hurt me!" Beau shouted, striking the flint on his lighter. And with that, the Powder that Beau had coated his Seedot with began to pop like firecrackers as the flames traveled down the trail. And while Beau could already feel the burns growing on his hand and arm, he got to watch a hell of a show as the large cloud that Pistachio made during his traffic accident went off like a grenade. Oh, he loved it when a plan of 'why not explode?' could go so well.

---

Reno would stare at the Wishing Piece for a moment, already beginning to debate what exactly they could do to dive into the den and come back out easily. "Alright, kid. I think I have a plan..." Before he could explain more, Reno would soon see Tristan standing beside them and reflexively move himself between Ben and the hybrid. "Alight, Tristan. Before you do anything drastic, I have a deal going with the kid. We get a Wishing Star piece, I help his side get a Wishing Star piece, we leave as friends for the moment. Otherwise..." Hearing an explosion erupt from where he knew Beau and the woman were fighting, Reno sighed. "That. Otherwise, probably a whole lot more of that. So, lets just get the piece before anything goes crazy on our end." Turning back towards the den, Reno would be just preparing to jump in when the idle thought of where the Wishing Piece had gone entered his head.

And with that, a gout of flame would erupt that sent him stumbling back before he saw the Centiscorch scuttle its way to the unfortunate trio in front of its den. "On fire and ugly. About all I got." Reno said in response to Ben's cry, Harleen already springing into action as the Fire Lash came scything out. As the move impacted Harleen, a flash of energy would erupt from the Wynaut as it suddenly transitioned to the tiny Pokemon swinging the Centiscorch by the flaming tongue to slam into one of the den walls. "Tristan! Kid! Now!" Reno shouted, already moving to scoop up Harleen before proceeding to begin hurling fist-sized chunks of stone at the large bug. He might not have any way to attack it with extreme effectiveness, but he sure as hell could provide annoyance with the one arm he still had left.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff