Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ HADES KITCHEN TRYOUTS } RESULTS PAGE 4! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Huni Pi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:47 am
I AM TRYING OUT FOR HADES KITCHEN:

[ Name of character: ] Ruth
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:

It started out with an innocent statement from her Boss-figure involving his desire for sustenance. Ruth knew the demon boil preferred things on the, ah, heavily charred side while she erred on the side of bland. But as someone's minion, and the Violet's determination to be the best jack-damned minion ever, the persona decided to join the culinary contest. Ruth did not like the idea of being the center of anyone's attention, let alone that of authority figures, but needs must when the devil drives. Her directives were clear and orders were orders, even if she didn't like them.

She quietly waited at her station for her ingredient to be assigned. Fifteen minutes passed and still nothing. Frowning, Ruth leaned forward to rest her elbows on the table and felt something that wasn't the station's surface. She was sure it wasn't the surface because it had fur. Fingers felt leathery wings, which naturally confused her, until she detected the distinct snout of a jambalawwa. Well, this was unexpected and it wasn't as if she could quit.

That didn't mean she couldn't throw the challenge either. In a skillet, she poured in oil and let it simmer while turning back to the minipet. She dusted the bat lightly in flour, using the faint silhouette as a guide in skinning, deboning, and chopping. A quick glance at the clock meant she didn't have much time left and haphazardly she threw the meat into the skillet. There was a loud hiss as oil met flesh and Ruth did her best to guess whether or not the shift in the aroma meant it was cooking rather than burning. She wasted no time scooping the meat and dumping it into a blender set to puree.

A good helping of Kitra Elemental Water was added, a lid was clamped, and a button was pushed. As the blender whirred away, Ruth gathered bowls and poured the blender's contents with a few precious minutes to spare. There was no way she could pantomime her explanation, though she tried her best when presenting the cloudy-looking liquid to the judges. Hands clamped over her eyes, then wild flapping of arms, and finished with a theatrically loud slurping sound.

Ruth wasn't under any impression she stood a chance.

amicableAggressor rolled 1 8-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-8)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:22 am

[ Name of character: ] INDU IBN QURRA
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:
Indu had nearly s**t a ladylike brick when she saw that the FAMOUS TV SHOW (hades whatever) was accepting applicants for it's new season. Being on tv, and not just as some blurry shape in the background or as a chalk outline, was like, number 18 on her bucket list. And to get in you had to cook well? Indu could cook well! It wasn't one of her hobbies or anything, but she had helped her mom every year with her birthday cake, and whenever she had been asked to cook, had never produced anything inedible. Studying the recorded tapes of the previous seasons, that was pretty much all you had to master. Not completely ******** up. It was a reality tv show, how high really were the standards? Rather than cook well, all she really had to worry about was how she presented herself to the camera and judges, and she was damn sure she could do that just fine. Indu was all about presentation. She would blow their emotional little socks off with just how dedicated and totally in love with cooking she was. It might be a bit of a lie, but watching the reruns of the show, she was pretty damn sure half the other contestants were doing the exact same thing.

The other thing she had noticed, she reflected snatching ingredients up in preparation for her turn at the table, was that people playing to their ethnic background got massive bonus attention. Thankfully, her mother had always cooked dishes that had both a strong link to her past, that were also modernized so it wasn't like you were eating fried crap-covered rocks or whatever it was that Halloweeners used to eat. All she had to do was stick with her mother's recipes, and she was safe. Arriving at the preparation table, she began to unload her haul and arrange it neatly on her table. If there was one skill that she could really apply here it was her ability to remain obsessively organized at all times. Plonking one plucked raw Phoenix Hatchling down on the table, she arranged her other ingredients around it. One Tart Otokoyo Tomato, one Tart Otokoyo Spice, a Veggies Tearjerker, a Scary Egg, and to add that important twist, a Mollu Taffy.

As soon as that was done, she began to work in earnest, dicing the remains of the Phoenix, Veggies, and two Otokoyos into medium sized cubes. As she worked, she considered her plan. The dish would normally take around three hours to cook, since it was a stew. Dropping the cubed petpets into the cooking pot, she moved back to let it cook, running over in her head what she was going to say. Words were the important parts. She glanced over at the Egg and Mollu, hoping that her twist would be praised, rather than insulted. Maybe she should just go the traditional way. It was a worry that dug deep, but after all, this is what her mother had done. Her mother had taken the risk and changed things, rather than her. And it was good, and every time a guest had eaten it they had enjoyed it as well. So at this point, the change was the new tradition, wasn't it? At least in her family. She chewed a nail, distracted by her thoughts. The actual cooking was secondary in her mind to the presentation.

After what felt far longer than the two hours it took to cook, her stew was ready. Even longer than that was the wait for the judges table. Nerves humming but completely invisible on her face, Indu glided in with her trolley. "Hi!" She gave them all a bright, carefully calculated, earnest smile. "I'm Indu Ibn Qurra~" She gave a bit of an exaggeration on the pronunciation of her name, like how her grandmother would have said it, to tie in with the dish that would be presented. "and I'm going to be presenting a traditional Ha~ri~ra soup with a Mollu Taffy infusion!" Big smile, big eyes, then quick fade back to serious and earnest. Indu had spent enough time practising these faces during her life to be able to call on them naturally. Putting her pot on the heating element, she took out a smaller bowl, a blender, and her last two ingredients. "This is a traditional dish my mother prepared for me when I was young, and her mother prepared for her, and so on. I'll be using our family recipe, that updates and expands on the flavour profile of this dish."

She dumped the Mollu unceremoniously into the blender, put the lid on, and pressed down the button. Bye-bye Mollu. Then, not pausing, she cracked the egg out into the bowl. "The original recipe calls for a bitter or sour petpet to be blended with the egg, such as a Boafox Sour, but current Halloween cuisine favours a stronger sweet flavour, and so we have modernized by including a more sweet, taffy flavour." It was important to emphasize on the we, this was her family changing, her family's choice. Not her own. She wasn't sticking her neck out and taking mad risks. Lifting the blender up, she poured the Mollu's remains into the bowl with the egg, then mixed them together. Now she was slowing down in her movements enough to give a slight air of presentation, but still going fast enough to seem competent. Lifting the bowl, she poured the egg mixture into her original stew pot and stirred it in, thickening the broth. Finally, she poured it out into bowls for the judges, adding a little garnish on top made out of small slices she had save from the Otokoyo Tomato. A nice bright red, to bring some colour into the dish. Standing back, she straightened up and putting her hands behind her back, made firm eye contact with the judges. "I hope you will enjoy it!"  

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

DraconicFeline rolled 1 8-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-8)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:13 am

[ Name of character: ] Pelagion Elandar (Maiden rp woooo)
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:

~~~

Pelagion stared at the Pixie Fae Spice and it stared back at him, taunting him. Pelagion did not like rules, or killing minipets, and he had walked over to the table firmly deciding to screw the rules and do... something. But there the minipet was, taunting him, it's ears tilted rakishly as if it knew he wouldn't have the guts.

Screw that.

He picked up the pixie fae by the scruff and banged it's head quickly and cleanly against the table. He brought the now probably-dead Pixie Fae to his station. “I'm gonna show you what I can do.” he said, almost threateningly to the judges, “Just you wait and see..”

He'd thought that the Pixie Fae looked a lot like a magical turnip thing, and with that he had an idea: Turnip Kimchi, just like his grandmama used to make, that jerk. He grabbed a Tearjerker, a A spice Otokoyo (for extra spicy), A Kitra Fire (For even more spicy), and a Tart Eon, Blueberry for that special splash of color.

He dealt with them quickly so he wouldn't have to see their pain and brought the probably dead minipets to the table, dumping them down unceremoniously, with some Siracha and a big mixing bowl.

~~~

He checked his time as he started chopping his ingredients. The Fae became turnipy/bloody chunks and went into the mixing bowl with some vinegar, salt, and Siracha. The other ones were skinned and placed aside. He used only a little of the tart eon body – mostly using the blueberries from the tart with the heart of the eon – the sweetest part. That was the sweet component. He dumped the Tearjerker pieces (finely cut), pureed spice otokoyo, and the blood and ground crystal of the Kitra fire into the bowl and began mixing with vigorous fury, occasionally splashing the goop everywhere. Eventually, though, it was all ready. He stuck it all in a huge plastic bag and sealed it up so that it was airproof. He looked around for a FEARmenter, a standard appliance for quick-FEARmenting pickled things. Of course it was best to let it FEARment on its own but... he had no time. He didn't see one, so he squished the bag and tried to shove fear into it himself. He let it sit in the bowl, hoping it would work, as he began to work on the plating for his dishes. Fresh black pumpkin baguettes from the pantry were toasted and sliced, a cruel mockery of a sandwich. He laid them on the plate, decorating it with some of the greener bits of the tearjerker – which moved and snapped at him as he placed them.

Perfect. As time began it's shrieking, strident count down, he took out the kimchi and began to arrange it on the bread slices. It smelled awful and acerbic and perfect – just like Kimchi was supposed to smell. His stomach growled at it as he arranged it, finishing it off with some more greens just as the timer howled at him to stop...

~~~

His was a beautiful dish of blues and reds and browns and greens. He'd taken so much care in the plating and, as he rolled by with the trolly, he knew he had won that, at least. His dish was a cold dish, but he took some time to replace the probably-soggy baguette slices with crisper ones and to touch them up with careful, clean fingers and tweezers. And a few illusions to make it look extra shiny... because that was what he was, an illusionist, and they had wanted him to be himself, right?

Finally, though, it was time for the judges to taste it, and this part... he was not so sure about. Had it marinated enough to be called a kimchi? Had it FEARmented properly in just that short amount of time with his own FEAR? Would it be good, or just a fancy salad?

“So, I'm Pelagion Elandar... I've made for you judge-people a dish like my grandma used to make: minipet kimchi on a piece of toasted bread with some more veggies and fruit because she always used to say that a balanced diet was awesome and all.” He smiled a little, relaxing slightly, and decided to be honest. “She'd throw a fit because Kimchi is supposed to sit for at least a week in her book, and the longer and stinkier the better, but I didn't have the time, so... Enjoy it anyway.”

~~~  
musicaloner7 rolled 1 8-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-8)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:58 pm

[ Name of character: ] Ev
[ RP TRYOUT HERE: Ev couldn't deny her excitement for such a challenge. It'd been awhile since she'd had something truly difficult presented to her, that got her brain racing, and her vines curling. While back home they had those who prepared food for them, her family made it a necessity to be able to be able to do all the basics to survive on ones own. Relying on others was a crutch, and provided weakness. For Ev, though, she was one who favored the more simple varieties.

When presented with her choice of any holiday minipet to work with, the grand bois stood with a finger brushing her chin in thought. This would take some pondering.. there were so many, after all! Looking through her options, she kept finding herself drawn to the Snowman Poops. Placing that on her table first, she went on to take a gander at the garnishes at her disposal. There were so many.... giving a thorough look along all of them, her gaze landed on: unchecked eggs, rock candy peppermint, tart treat dragonfruit, mollu booberry, and Tart Eon Strawberry. With all her ingredients in tow, Ev headed straight for her counter.

She already knew what she wanted to do, and had the vision in her mind. First she turned on the oven, and went straight to the bird themed snowman poop, carving out its plush insides to create a hole in the chest. Following that, it was placed onto a pan and put in the oven to roast slowly. Next up was the mollu booberry, and the tart eon strawberry that were thoroughly mashed into a goop, and scooped into a pot on the stove. Turning the heat up to a medium level, she mixed the two sweet fruits together, while getting another pot of boiling water stationed on the stove. Once it was bubbling, the unchecked eggs were plopped in, shell and all, to boil. Everything was going perfectly! Checking the snowman poop from time to time, she only took it out once it was golden, with a hint of bronze at some of the edges. It smelled wonderful already! excited, the demon returned with it proudly to her station and set it down carefully, peeking on her mixture of berries to see their progress. They were a beautiful, and delicious jam now. Lifting up the pot, she very carefully poured it into the open cavity of the baked snowman poop, which was filled fully with the jam. Nearly everything was ready.. Setting the stuffed snowman poop onto its platter, Ev then retrieved the boiled unchecked eggs, shells peeled, and the halves of them cut and lining around the snowman poop on its platter in a decorative fashion. And to finish it all off, she crushed the rock candy peppermint, to sprinkle along the top of the snowman poop. It was complete!

She was ready. With a deep breath, Ev picked up her plate and headed for the judges. Her calm, and kind smile was in tact as always, as she greeted them politely, and placed down her creation to face them. The Grand Bois went on to explain her dish, "I've created a stuffed and baked Snowman Poop, with complimentary boiled unchecked eggs lining, for that touch of saltiness for balance. The sparkles and winks you may see atop of the snowman poop is rock candy peppermint, sprinkled for a little bit of crunch to the rather soft texture." her hand motioned to the various points made, for articulation. "The filling is of mollu booberry, and Tart eon strawberry, which mix together beautifully as a jam. I let the snowman poop bake prior to give it a crispy skin, and a more softer interior." the demon further explained, giving a small bow of respect, "I do hope you will enjoy my creation, as much as I enjoyed making it."

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

robot kitten rolled 1 8-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-8)

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:01 pm

[ Name of character: ] Svardkell le gasp! I've finally rp-ed him!
[ RP TRYOUT HERE: ] Svardkell had finally wandered out into Halloween town only to find himself pulled into this... show. While he detested the loud and rather chaotic place… the prospect of a cooking challenge had a certain... appeal to him. He approached the table of supplies with his normal proud stalk. He could see other horsemen among the other contestants so perhaps this wasn’t such a bad thing to be involved in… A break from work to to speak. What to make? He was craving something sweet so perhaps he should make a jelly. He claimed a Dessert Jellyblob, the Panna Cotta, a Mollu Taffy, a Candy Cane, and a Tart Treat Dragonfruit.

Once at his table he arranged everything neatly about, getting out the single pot he needed and all the utensils that he would be using. Everything else was put away. Svardkell had no place for mess. The Jelly blob and Mullo Taffy were skinned and the juices poured into a pan. The Cady Cane he crushed into small square pieces, tossing out the imperfect fragments. While he waited for the pan to boil, he quickly dismembered the Tart Treat, taking from its corpse the fruit and blood, depositing the rest into the disposal can. Not a drop out of place he was pleased to note. Pulling the pan off the heat, he poured it into small shaped cups and placed in the hot liquid the fruit to insure it’s color would dye the jelly as it cooled in the fridge for a minute. He arranged on small plates the candy cane squares into the shape of small keys.

He was now ready to present it… Or at least prepare the last few stages. Stately approaching the judges, he set down the small plates, minutely adjusted the squares till they were perfect, and quickly and elegantly transferred the cooling jelly on top of the candy cane shapes. Using his fear, he froze the jelly moments after they started to settle, ensuring that the candy canes did not infect the jelly with their flavor and they kept a pristine shape.

Enjoy.” He said in his deep voice, not wanting to waste words.

Quote:
rolled: 5) Any dessert minipet
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jelly Blob - Dessert- Panna Cotta

Mollu Taffy
Candy cane
Tart Treat Dragon Fruit

Grifferie rolled 1 8-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-8)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:36 pm

[ Name of character: ] Chase
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:

There was no way Chase wouldn’t try out for a cooking competition. A chance to work with the finest ingredients? A chance to show off his skills? He would not pass that up. THEY GOT TO EAT THE FOOD, RIGHT? Right? It would be a waste they didn’t.

Step 1:
He was all but silent as he eyed the ingredients. “This one should do nicely,” he said, picking a plump Poms Onion out of the box. A good, versatile vegetable flavor, that’s what onion was. Tucking said Pom under his arm, he turned to the garnish table. He looked at the garnish table, then looked around. He was going to need a basket.

Onion Pom safely in the basket, Chase tossed a few other things in with it. One Tart Treat Brains, one Mollu Fall Shroom, one Tart Otokoyo Spice, one Kitra Water, and one Bad For Your Eye vegetable. All in all, quite a tasty looking basket, if he had to describe it.

Step 2:
As he set himself up at his work station, he made sure to cover the basket. It wouldn’t do to waste time hunting down minis.

First thing first, the water needed heating. To one large pot he added water, the Kitra Water, and some salt. Heat on high.
Next thing was to prep the Onion Pom. The fat little thing squirmed until Chase, in his methodical and practiced fashion, killed it. He then skinned it with a practiced precision, and cut the meat away from the bone. The bones and some bits of onion fat were added to the pot of hot water, while the flesh – nice, juicy onion flesh- was cut into strips and placed in a fry pan.

The next mini he reached for was already on its way out of the basket, the cute little Shroom Mollu. “Nice try.” It was given a toothy grin before Chase sliced it up, moving slowly and methodically. All of its tasty flesh was dropped into the nearly boiling water, and all but a few slices (and the eye) of the carrot-like mini followed. He’d sliced that thin, and even though it had tried to bite him, he’d made quick work of it. Or as quick as he felt like. Chase wasn't one to rush.

With the soup now simmering, the flavors of Kitra, Onion, carrot, and shroom would blend into a hopefully lovely broth. Chase’s habit of tasting everything, even some things raw, let him know that the flavors should work together well. If he didn’t burn it or something silly.

The last mini to be prepped was the Tart Treat, and Chase knew its Brain flavor would meld with the onions very nicely. Sure of himself as ever, he cut into it and skinned it, and sliced it. These slices went into the pan with the sliced Onion Pom. Onion and Brain would complement one another wonderfully. At least to his palate.

To top that off, he grabbed the flailing Tart Otokoyo Spice, and shaved some of its flavorful hide over the sautéing mix. A nice hint of Halloween Spice to liven things up. He also added a dash of that to the soup pot. The mini, not at all happy about its life, was placed back into the basket and covered up. Its job was nearly done.

And Chase’s prep was completely done, and just in time.

Step 3:
The final five minutes, the few minutes that could make or break his dish, were the most stressful. Though Chase didn't really show it. He was calm in his movements, almost slow. He put the soup on the fire to make sure it was nice and warm, and tossed the Onion and Brain slices in the pan. The Onion and Brain browned right up, a wonderful color in Chase’s opinion, and a quick taste told him it could almost use more Spice. So, he reached for the Otokoyo and did a bit more shaving. Halloween Spice was something you couldn't overdo, right?

Once the Onion and Brains was sufficiently crisp, Chase had another little taste, nodded to himself, and then placed a generous portion in a pile in the center of a bowl. The soup broth, with bits of orange carrot and slices of Shroom, was spooned in around the crispy Onion and Brains. The Spice mini was pulled out again, and a small dusting of Spice zest was shaved over top of the dish, and then Chase let the Otokoyo go~ so that it might frolic in the kitchen. (Really he just forgot to cage it again.)

“Here,” he said in his calm drawl, “I have crispy Onion and Brains in an Onion and Shroom broth, with a light Spice zest, and a Kitra base.” Oh, it smelled good, and his stomach grumbled. “Onion is the star of this dish, the flesh of vegetable being sweet and succulent, and the brains are a nice compliment to the flavor. The broth also has a bit of carrot, with eyeball.” He then stood back and watched the judges.

If they weren’t going to eat it…he was.

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[Mistress Morbid] rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:25 pm

[ Name of character: ] Kailani Neith
[ RP TRYOUT HERE: Black eyes scanned over the crowd slowly, taking in every boil and ghoul that was around. Crowds didn't phase her. She was use to them having grown up at the carnival. Another thing she was use to was pressure. She had to be use to that. Had to be use to thousands of eyes watching her every move. If she screwed up, she was in trouble. And she couldn't let any of that show. But enough of that now. Now she had to focus on her current show! Something meaty... Something meaty... The slimes eyes landed on the Noise Pig Mazurka and Kai grabbed it instantly, darting over to the fruits and vegetables where she grabbed a few more things before racing back to her station.

Once back at her station, Kailani wasted no time. A little drizzle of oil in the skillet and she began preparing her meat. Pork chops, she thought. Easy enough but at the same time left room for spicing it up. The ghoul cut carefully, trimming as much fat off as she could with just leaving a hairs breathe to taste. She gave the meat a generous rub down of salt and pepper on both sides and her pieces went onto the skillet. A nice loud sizzle greeted her ears and she grinned. Next she thoroughly rinsed and diced up a Mollu Fall Shroom and set it off to the side to be added to the meat in a few moments. The ghoul gave her skillet a quick shake to make sure the meat wasn't sticking to the bottom.

Next, she grabbed her Tart Eon Strawberry and began slicing and dicing. She figured, that with the savory taste of the meat, she could do a sweet, fruity salad as a side dish. Even if it went untouched, it added a nice bit of color to the plate. Once she was done dicing the Eon Strawberry, Kailani wiped her hands on a rag before flipping her meat and adding the diced Shroom too it. The ghoul went back to her other ingredients, this time a Tart Treat Dragon Fruit. A quick skin, and some deseeding and now she almost had the making so a lovely salad. Pulling a bowl from her station, Kai added the fruits giving it a light toss before she plucked some petals off her Tart Otokoyo Sweet Pea. This time, the ghoul left the petals whole. She simply made sure they were all in one piece before tossing them into the bowl with the fruit. A quick toss and voila! Half way there.

Homestretch. She was almost there. Pulling out a plate, Kailani first placed the pork chop on it. Scooping some of the shroom chunks and placing it on top. Then, taking a small spoon full of the juice the pain, Kailani drizzled it lightly over the top. Next it was on to her little fruit salad. The slime placed a small portion on the plate. Didn't need it over powering the main course after all! A quick clean up to make the plate look presentable and she was done! Picking up the plate, she presented her dish to the judges. "My name is Kailani and what I have here for you tonight is a skillet seered Noise Pig Mazurka Chop, with chopped Mollu Fall Shroom Garnish and a Tarts Eon Straberry, Treat Dragion Fruit and Otokoyo Sweet Pea Salad on the side. Enjoy."

Quote:
Step 1: Assembling ingredients
Main: Noise Pig Mazurka

Garnishes:
Tart Eon Strawberry
Tart Otokyo Sweet Pea
Tart Treat Dragonfruit
Mollu Fall Shroom

Step 2: Preparing a dish

Step 3: Presenting the dish

Good luck!

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 8-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-8)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:03 pm

[ Name of character: ] Caduceus
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:

His main ingredient was a beebs, a lizard, and Caduceus knew instantly how he would cook the creature.Its pitiful cries were ignored as he ran one glittering finger down its belly. In no time, a steak from it's flesh was sizzling happily in the pan. The lemure worked quietly, each footstep deliberate and yet quick, no movement wasted. This was a competition, after all, and he did love a game. With a discerning eye, he grabbed his ingredients and hurried back.

To the sizzling pan, he added Kitra fire oil and grated Tart Treat Spice.He flipped his steak and hmmed a moment. The two combined would season the steak with a delightful spiciness - he hoped the chefs were up to it. To counter-act that, Caduceus had a plan. The dragonfruit tart treat, the brains, and the veggies tearjerker were all cut into exactly uniform pieces. A dash of Kitra oil and he tossed them lightly, before letting them sit in the bowl. A chutney did best when left to marinate in its own juices. Caduceus did, however, eat a spoonful of it before determining that it was just as he had planned anyway. The heat to his skillet was turned off, the steak a beautiful medium rare, he thought. It was time.

With deliberate care, he wheeled his trolley into the judge's room, golden fingertips clacking against the metal. the lemure was not particularly nervous - he knew he had made a delicious dish, regardless of whether it was to their tastes or not. With a fortifying inhale of breath, he began to unload, fingers dancing over the heavy card-stock he had brought with him.

{Chefs,} the cards read. Caduceus still spoke as he presented each card, voice sullen in the knowledge that very few would understand him.

{Today I have prepared a beebs famine steak, crusted with Tart Treat Spice and seared using the oil of a Kitra Fire.}
"Yadot I evah deraperp a sbeeb enimaf kaets detsurc htiw Trat Taert Ecips dna edraes gnisu eht lio fo a Artik Erif."

{To highlight the richness of the steak, I have topped it with a Tart Treat chutney - dragonfruit, brains and veggies tearjerker.}
"Ot hgihthgil ehy ssenhcir fo eht kaets, I evah deppot ti htiw a Trat Taert yentuhc - tiurfnogard, sniarb, dnas sseiggev rekrejraet."

Working with aggressive efficiency, Caduceus plated the steak, sliding it deftly off of the still warm pan. It was nice, he thought, that some things really needed no words - things like cooking. Of course, he had still labored over every sign, adding personality to his bare bones lettering. The chutney he ladled on top: the tart treat brains gave at the perfect consistency to stay just as he wished. To finish it off, he drizzled just a bit more Kitra Fire oil around the steak. The spiciness, he though, would pair well with the sweetness of the chutney. Finally, he held up one more sign.

{Enjoy.}
"Yojne."  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Face your demons rolled 1 8-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-8)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:10 pm

[ Name of character: ] Amarus
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:

It would be a terrible lie to say that Amarus did not love competition and edible things. Here she was, ready to try out for Hades' Kitchen. As part of the tryout, Amarus had to work with minipets. Admittedly, she had not often done so before. A creampuff Glitter was the food item of the day, for her; she would prepare it carefully, having obtained one recently dead so that it was less disturbing to work with it. Given her natural predisposition to desserts, naturally she'd prefer to work in that medium.

Amarus, with her dessert minipet [creampuff glitter] in hand, chose tart eon strawberry,, tart otokoyo spice, tart treat coconut, and rock candy peppermint as garnishes.

PART TWO

The most important part of the dish, fundamentally, was to take the skin and lightly toast its creampuff elements last-- firstly, having skinned it, she set the skin aside with a mix of tart eon strawberry juices, tart treat coconut sprinkled in (she had more left) and tart otokoyo spice dashes to season the skin and soak it in the rich flavours while she worked.

The base of the dish, however, would be thin slices of the creampuff glitter so that she could fry them, drizzle the sauce over them and adorn them with her swirls of the tender skin. The garnish would follow.

The skin was sliced into its pieces, sectioned off, and the furcream puffs set aside.

The taste of the skin soaking in the strawberry, coconut and spice influenced the sauce and made it fluffier as she whisked it all together after removing the skin. She sliced the skin into fluffy pieces and set two pieces of the flesh onto each plate for the judges. She kept the pelt puffs separate, however, and poured the sauce into a ceramic container with a spout.

Amarus bit her thumb and dropped the lotus essence into the sauce. She took a lick of it for herself, too. With the array of the three selections: flesh, puffs, and sauce, Amarus wheeled her trolly into the room. She was prepared.

PART THREE

Prepared to present her dish, Amarus bowed to greet the judges. "Amarus," she said, introducing herself. "I will be serving lightly fried creampuff glitter, with a drizzle of steeped strawberry, coconut and spice sauce. Topped with peppermint."

The peppermint was the bold choice, but it would be so light that she wouldn't need to use it as more than a basic garnish.

She set to heating the pan, searing the flesh, flipping it and lightly searing the second side. She plated the meat, and set a spoonful of sauce onto every single piece of flesh. Each white square plate had two pieces of flesh per plate. She then put a piece of the puff pelt onto each flesh piece, and drizzled lightly lines of the sauce as adornment. Following that, crumbles of peppermint and a sprinkle of it onto the plate.

"I have always loved to make desserts, since I arrived here and met my dear friend Xiu," she said, "I am competitive, that much is true. I never cease striving for the next better thing. In this regard I am no different. This flavour is meant to reach for heights unprecedented. I hope you will brave the climb," she said.

She presented the dishes.

Tasinei rolled 1 8-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-8)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 am
[ I AM TRYING OUT FOR HADES KITCHEN:

[ Name of character: ] Kushisake Kaguya
[ RP TRYOUT HERE: As part of her self-reintroduction into society, Kaguya had made the choice to participate in the Hades Kitchen Tryouts. Perhaps in her past life she had been an excellent cook or baker, considering the injuries to her mouth she thought it was quite probably, so this was the perfect place to test out this theory and perhaps discover a little bit more about who she was exactly. She her skills proved to be inefficient, then Kaguya would simply move on to something else to try out in her quest for discovery. There was of course nothing that prevented her from trying out anyways.

There were a lot of other contestants about, some loud, others not so much like her. Kaguya for the most part ignored them as she floated over to where the ingredient station was. She wasn’t quite sure as to what exactly she wanted to make, surely something simple yet very tasteful. A soup or broth came to mind and she finally drifted off to pick up a small basket and then went towards the seadeer that were floating about in their tank. There were three different kinds in there but she went with the holiday one, using some thongs to pluck her desired victims right out of the water and into her basket. Next she picked out a Kitra Water for the broth and flavour, with the veggies tearjerker, veggies bad for your eye, a mollu fall shroom and an unchecked egg for her ingredients. Satisfied with her choices she floated over to the prep station.

The first thing Kaguya wanted to get ready was her broth. Which meant she grabbed the jar that held her Kitra Water and opened it up. At this point she wasn’t too sure on how to get it out of the jar as it swam about, so to the best of her knowledge, she grabbed a long forked tongue and plunged it into the jar to stab the Kitra. After a few attempts she successfully plucked it out and set it on her cutting board, drew a knife and cut its head right off. Grabbing a stock pot she set about squeezing as much of the Kitra juices into it, then added a bit of water before setting about getting the meat off the bones and into the stock pot as well.

Next came the more interesting part in her mind, she needed to get the meat off of the seadeers she’d picked out. The few she’d picked were still twitching but she took a knife to them so they would stop wiggling around. Getting the meat out of them was hard, she was constantly running her hands over the meat to make sure she’d taken out all of the mini bones. Once Kaguya was satisfied with the amount of meat she’d made, she set I aside into a bowl and check her broth quickly. It smelled amazing and she tasted it. Happy with the taste, she took out the bones and put in the fish meat so that it would cook slowly and garner a bit of the broths taste.

The egg she would boil at the end, just before she went in. The veggies were the last thing on her list, she didn’t want to tackle the ones that were snapping at her so she grabbed a few of the mollu fall shrooms that were still in their first stage and began cutting them up. They squealed a bit, and she felt just a tad bad but they were needed. Diced up into small pink pieces, she set those aside in a bowl. The veggies tearjerker she’d picked out snapped its teeth at her as she grabbed onto its legs and arms in the hopes that she could avoid getting bitten. This time, Kaguya went for a much larger knife and sliced it right in half in one swing. Its teeth were still snapping at her as it died, but she cut it again so that she would have four quarters. At this point it was most certainly dead and she sliced off its teeth before slicing it into thin strips to also set aside in a bowl.

Kaguya checked on her broth and seadeer pleased that it was coming along great and looked at the final ingredient to her dish. This one too snapped at her, except it looked at her with its eye as it did so. She took the same butcher knife as before and went for its legs. It snapped at her, nicking her hand in the process. Kaguya put all her weight onto its mouth so it wouldn’t snap again and cut its leafy arms and legs off. Thankfully she’d pulled back her sleeves but now that it couldn’t move she went to get the cut washed up. The veggies bad for your eye was rolling back and forth when she returned, mouth slightly open with its eye out. She grabbed the eye and pulled it right out before dropping it into the broth. She julienned the veggies bad for your eye and put it into another bowl. It was time to go present her dish.

Kaguya rolled her little trolley away from the hustle and bustle of the prepping station and into the quiet lull before the judges. Once she arrived, she bowed to the judges.

“Good day, my name is Kushisake Kaguya and today I have prepared for you a water kitra broth with holiday seadeer and mollu fall shrooms.”

With her small spew done she put the broth back onto the heater and added all her cut up veggies, the shrooms and began to boil her egg. The egg would need to come out a minute before so that she could peel away the shell and cut it open leaving a slightly cooked egg yolk but with the egg whites fully cooked.

“I have prepared this dish for you today as a test of my abilities. I am a ghost and on a journey to discovery who I was.”

Kaguya took out a large soup bowl and poured some of the broth into it added pieces of the seadeer but leaving the veggies in for a bit longer.

“The broth was made both from the juices of the Kitra but also the bones to really give it flavor. I chose the holiday seadeer for its flavors and soft meat that would go well with the broth. The mollu fall shrooms and the veggies tearjerker were picked for their hearty taste. The veggies bad for your eye were added for a bit of crunch and texture as well as taste. Everything from the seadeer to the egg were all cooked in the broth to give them additional flavors. You will find that the seadeer is exceptionally tasty.”

With the veggies almost ready, she took out the egg and carefully began to peel the shell away. The yolk was a bit more cooked than she liked but that was okay with her since she knew her flavors were all there. Then she plucked all of her veggies and shrooms and added them to the bowl. Though she was careful to separate all of her veggies into neat little piles for her presentation. Finally she added the egg and added two juliennes from the veggies bad for your eye and a small pile of the mollu fall shrooms on top.

“I hope you will enjoy.”

Kaguya bowed once more.

Quote:
Ingredients
+ Seadeer - Holiday
+ Veggies tearjerker
+ Veggies bad for your eye
+ Unchecked Egg
+ Kitra Water
+ Mollu Fall Shroom

Tasinei

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 8-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-8)

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:19 am
[[ Drona ]]  
Carhop Cavalier rolled 1 8-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-8)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:22 am

[ Name of character: ] Dirge
[ RP TRYOUT HERE: Dirge had never cooked a meal in his life, true facts. No, the boil had never even microwaved noodles or canned soup. The Faint family had a personal chef to do everything for them, not that Dirge ever pestered the man for much. Today was a day where Dirge would be pestering the poor old Imp, however. "Okay, okay... so that's it? Just sear the stuff then mix the vegetables?" The Kasha mumbled into the phone, nodding and jotting instructions down on his arm with a Scarpie. It seemed easy enough. He could definitely do this.

Grabbing the Gobblaaargh and the few things Cookie had told him to grab, Dirge began the process of making his dish. He butchered the mini with a calm expression to begin with, years of desensitized hunting put into play. Next was to slice off a few good slabs from the breast region, finesse that Dirge lacked, resulting in undulating thicknesses. Spices were squeezed from the Otokoyo and rubbed all over the breast meat, something Cookie had called a dry rub. Dirge set the spiced meat off to the side of the prep area, simultaneously grabbing the vegetable minis and roughly chopping them with subpar results - large chunks mixed with microscopic bits that would not cook evenly at all. Those went into a hot pan with even more spices, to char. Fire from the Kitara mini was added at the last second, to really heat things up. When the salsa had finished blackening, Dirge threw the meat in and cooked it through.

The plate was typical of a person who had never studied food presentation or tried their hand at it. Meat off to one side, veggies on the other. Flat, boring, but at least it had color. The presentation cart was rolled up to the judges with Dirge grinning behind it, unaware of just how poor a cook he was. In the Kasha's mind, he'd just made a Jackdamned gourmet meal. "Good evening, Gentlemen. Today I have a seared Goblaaaargh breast with Mollu Shroom salsa." He presented rather simply, vocabulary too limited for a fancy explanation of the dish. As a finishing flair (and because he'd forgotten to do it in the prep area), Dirge squeezed a bit more fire out of the Kitara and under a few tortillas, charring them and sliding them under the meat slabs.

Ingredient List

Main Ingredient: Gobblaaaaaargh!!

Garnishes:
Vegggies Tearjerker
Tart Otokoyo Tomato
Tart Otokoyo Spice
Mollu Fall Shroom
Kitra Fire

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Steal rolled 1 8-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-8)

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:16 am

[ Name of character: ] Keen
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:

Keen stepped up to her station and looked at the smallish behemoth treat laying before her. Taking a deep breath she started by skinning and cleaning a breast portion of the meat. She then removed some of the sweet tasting vines and set them to the side for later. The banshee then cubed the meat into small bite sized portions, and tossed them in a skillet to bronwn, making sure to Tass the meat each time she passed.

This portion done she moved to get other items for her meal. A young veggie tearjerker, a large unchecked egg and some pre grated tart treat otokyo spice. Just as she was heading back she noticed some Mollu mushroom and grabbed it too. When keen got back she checked the meat and started to add the grated otokyo, minced tearjerker fine sliced Mollu mushroom and lastly she cracked and scrambled the unchecked egg over it all.

Now to present it! Keen plated the meal and Trollied it to the judges. Thank you for having me.. She presented on a pre made card, before presenting the meal, placing the garnish of the behemoth treat sweet pea vines over each portion. I have made a sweat pea and tearjerker omelet with sliced mushroom mollu the Fall kind and spiced with otokyo treat. I hope that the earthy flavor of the Mollu and the zest of the Otokyo work well with the light taste of the sweet pea behemoth treat.

Keen then bowed and waited. Hopefully showing her words on cards would not count badly.

Main Sweet pea behemoth treat, veggie tearjerker, tart treat otokyo spice and unchecked egg and mollu fall shroom.

Good luck!  
Chrystali rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:42 am

[ Name of character: ] Adelaide
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:

Adelaide slowly drew her tongue over her teeth, wearing a grin that was somewhere between crazed and delighted. She'd cooked plenty before - not super fancy, but decently - confident she could figure it out by mixing and matching the favorable flavors. The Nightmare had seen enough of those devilish shows to learn a trick or two -- especially to never muck up the protein. It was as good as any place to start, especially given that she had her choice of goods to take from. Choosing to use a Ewe as her meat, she gathered a few more ingredients of necessity - Tart Otokoyo Spice, Mollu Fall Shroom, Veggies Tearjerker and a moon-dried Tart Otokoyo Tomato. Addie sharpened her blades in that loud, spine-clenching sound of metal on metal, and got to work.

Skinned, bled and gutted, it didn't take long for the Nightmare to begin quartering the meat. She chose the cuts by the spine - a good set of ribs, a rack, they called it - a choice cut that required her utmost care not to butcher or maim. Addie pressed the sharp knife between every third rib, keeping the meat even on both sides in thickness. Deftly scoring the fat on top, she gave the Tart a good skritching and added some seasoning - dandruff of the Tart Otokoyo Spice, she wouldn't go crazy with flavors just yet, had to prove the classics and all that jazz - making sure to get a good rub on any of the seasoning left on the plate. The Mollu Fall Shroom was next, squeezing the small sherbet colored minipet until it secreted the oil she needed from its back, rubbing that over her pan to both make sure the meat wouldn't stick and add some marinated flavor to it. Addie then plucked each cut rack and pressed the bright red portions to the hissing pan, wincing at the steam and pop of the quickly heating protein, turning the meat this way and that while always using her fingers to control the bone and how much color came up on the meat. Only when it had started to brown did she use a fork to keep the meat in place, pressing it to the pan and letting it sift in its own juices. With the parts closest to the bone still pink, she put it in the oven to continue its slow cook. More Tart dandruff was required, along with some clipping from the Veggies Tearjerker's legs (for color) and some grated Tart Otokoyo Tomato tail. A quick spritz in the blender yielded the most delightful green crumble, which was exactly what she was aiming for. She scooped up a small bit and licked the spoon, one eye twitching, the side of her nose curling a bit. It tasted...interesting. Rather unpleasant on its own, but that was the whole reason ingredients got mixed! She wasn't sure she'd eat it on a normal basis but she didn't exactly have the stomach for these rich foods. Alerted it was her turn, the dark-skinned female grinned brightly and quickly put everything she'd need on her cart, double--triple checking to make sure she didn't bunk it up. Satisfied, with a little kick of her hooves, she made her way to her judgment.

Getting the lamb on her cart, she merrily made her way to the ominously lit area with the three judges watching, casting them a friendly smile and a chipper, 'G'day!' Once there, she washed her hands and tested her lamb with a gentle squeeze - yes, right where she wanted it in temperature - and got a bit more oil from the from the Shroom to put on the meat, rolling and pressing the protein in the green crumble. "What I have for you today, chefs, is a stunning Veggie Otokoyo-Crusted Rack of Lamb." Once it was appropriately coated, she put it back in her portable oven for it to set - just a few moments. "I took some Tart Otokoyos and used their natural flavors to enhance the Tearjerker legs, to give it just a little bit of crunch and crispness." The lamb was out again, knife deftly plucked between dark fingers, pressing the blade between the ribs. It was like cutting warm butter. "Some Shroom oil helped with the marinade and consistency." The well managed slices were put out on each of the three plates, hands spread to either side. "My name is Addie, please, enjoy the meal!"

And, you know, don't kick her off the competition before it really started.  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Toshihiko Two rolled 1 8-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-8)

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:22 pm

[ Name of character: ] Xala
[ RP TRYOUT HERE:

Xala was dressed her best, in gauzy silks and drippy jewels. The Alchemist-hopeful had been a chef for the Kiss n Kill Cafe before the Clans had gotten back together, and her home kitchen was stocked with...experimental recipes.

She was really excited to cook for some willing test subjects. ...Victims. Judges. The key thing, she thought to herself, was not to make any of them explode. If she could just make a dish that would not explode them all, or even if it did explode them, would only explode a little bit, that would be fine. Like, maybe a digit they wouldn't miss, or their not favorite part of their face.

She was, admittedly, disappointed when the ingredient selection process didn't involve any fights to the death. She had her weapon ready, just in case, but in the end all she needed was a few sharp elbows and a warning bite.

Once victorious, Xala plopped her struggling prizes onto her work station.

She had scruffed a Maple Flox, bagged a Kitra Air, smuggled a Scary Egg, and sweet-talked a Tart-Treat Brains. Time to get to work! And melt as few test subjects as possible.

"The first thing," she said, mostly to herself, while perched over the minipets with a very, very sharp knife she had gotten out of the drawers. "Is to reduce!" The blade came down, and parts splattered everywhere while she shrieked in a relentlessly perky voice, "Reduce! Reduce! REDUCE!"

Xala wiped gunk from her face.

The only minipet left was the Maple Flox, which had watched the abject slaughter of its companions with horror.

She used her hands to scoop up the goopy pile of Brain, Tart, and Egg into a bowl, then whirred a spoon like a demon until it was a confused-looking paste. She added puffs of air kitra slowly, whipping the batter until it became lighter, and puffier, but no less tortured.

She grabbed the Flox by the scruff, dangled it over the bowl...

And gave it a few light pats. Powder shimmied from the sugar-syrup cloud it was hugging to its chest, dusting the batter with a little Maple goodness. She set the Flox down, safe and sound.

"Okay," she told it, setting out some plates, "here's where it really gets fun." Pouring the batter onto the hot griddle, twisted faces began to squirm in the puddles as they solidified. At first they made only small noises, like a sigh and hiss of steam, but the hotter they got the louder the sounds got, until Xala's entire meal was screaming.

They were still screaming when she plated them, with a heaping helping of maple dust and an artistic dribble of warmed, syrupy blood.

The Flox stayed, traumatized, on the table as Xala carried the shrieking sample of down-home Sahara cooking all the way over to the judge's table. She prodded each of them with a fork right before presenting, to really get the wailing going.

"VOILÀ! They're called Paincakes. The Brain Tart adds just the right amount of sentience. You can really taste the suffering."

"Go on," she said, brimming with wide-eyed eagerness, "you'll just die."

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces