Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The (Main) Avery Family Manor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:52 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Avery Family Manor

“And sounds almost completely like me.” Leonette added with a smile. She and Cathy certainly had the hard-headed and stubborn part and the Gryffindor was occasionally known to be impulsive. Some might say that her dating David now as purely on impulse but she didn’t mind if they did. “But, you’re right I do.” she admitted as if it weren’t already common knowledge. One hardly talked and if she did nothing good came out of it and the other talked all the time but resulted in correcting others. Sadly both were pretty bad depending on the scenario.

Leonette begged to differ with David on being normal and rational but at least the look of shock she got mad up for the difference in opinion. “You seem surprised about that.” She commented. Her friends may not like David but they did however respect that Leo had feelings for the Ravenclaw. She was grateful to have such a great group of friends. Friends that even wished her luck for this very day. “That’s just the kind of people I hang around. We look out of each other even when we think the other is doing something completely insane. Like dating someone no one else can stand.” She explained grinning as she jokingly added the last part.

Nodding lightly Leonette couldn’t help but find it intriguing. The down fall of her house was that she shared a bloody room with her sister, on privacy there. Though probably for the best not that she was going to do anything that would result in her father wanting to kill her boyfriend. Besides, she wasn’t that type of girl. She had priorities. “You have a personal library in your room?” she questioned although she wasn’t all that surprised. He was a Ravenclaw through and through, books and reading happened to be his thing.

“Anyways, I agree. I don’t want to give them more of a reason either.” Leonette would never want to do anything that would get David in bad standing with anyone. Lucky for him and the Avery’s she guessed. “Outside it is then.” She said taking her boyfriend’s hand Leonette smiled. “Well we could wonder over to the ponds. If Wendy’s not there then fantastic if she is well honestly I don’t care.” She said before being so happy that David mentioned flats. “That is the best suggestion I’ve heard all day. Believe it or not I think these heels were meant to kill me.” She told him. “Flats then outside sounds like a perfect plan to me.”

With: David

Wearing: Looking Grown Up with a new bracelet

OOC: We can head onward to the great outdoors if you like.

mc2

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:34 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League/Avery
[Ravenclaw]
Named Heir of the Avery Family
Ravenclaw Prefect
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Born: December 25, 2012
Year at Hogwarts: Sixth
Dating Leonette Mitchell

Properly>

David shook his head, “No, Cathy is different. She’s more like Mum.” He smiled and said with a laugh, partially of amusement and with a slight hint of bitterness, “Well, except apparently she didn’t inherit Mum’s inability to cook: I got that trait.” David didn’t entirely like being dreadful at something, especially something someone else made look so easy.

When Leonette commented on his surprise about her friends being positive towards Leonette dating him, he shook his head, “If someone is doing something completely insane, if you care about them or are your friend, it seems kinder to tell them your feelings. If you disapprove of something it makes more sense to say something. That’s what my family tends to do-it is definitely what I do. Granted I’m not exactly liked for that trait of mine,” David admitted with a shrug.

He nodded when Leonette asked about the library in his room, “I can show it to you sometime if you want. I’ll leave the door open or could have Wendy be a chaperon if you are concerned what my grandparents or your father would think…” He paused with a slight frown and added, I suppose for formality sake I should bother meeting your father sometime.” He thought about added he really didn’t care what her father thought one way or another, but figured that was one of those things better unsaid, and thankfully Leonette took his hand and chose where she wanted to go and mentioned her heels. “They at least look nice,” He commented before kissing her briefly and said with a smile, “So flats and then outside?”

-----------------------------

Once Leo had a chance to change into something more casual, David not bothering to change besides to roll up the sleeves of his dress shirt, he took Leo’s hand once at the front door and led her outside to one of larger ponds. More accurately it was a pool that the family had had created which they let stay in as natural of a state as possible. It wasn’t like the Avery family was going to use something so ‘muggle’ as chlorine after all. David smiled and sat down on the grass near the edge of the water and said, “Anyways, this is the largest of our ‘ponds’. I guess calling it a pool would be more accurate. Anyways, sorry for making you come here. But, I assume next year they’ll have probably gotten another property for me to be responsible of. I’ve never liked the main manor and besides, they don’t trust me not to do something stupid in regards to the manor.” He shrugged with a bit of a smile.

User Image

[quote="murruelecreuset']

{OOC}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Avery Family Manor

Leonette understood where David was coming from but being blatantly truthful wasn’t always the best way to go about things. Then again it was one of the traits Leonette happened to like about him oddly enough. “Sometimes yes, but sometimes it’s nicer if people just support you regardless of how they feel.” She told him. After all there were a number of times Leonette probably didn’t agree with David but she would never actually say it. That was the difference between her and Mira.

“I wouldn’t say I’m concerned about what they’d think.” Leonette said, what she really meant to say was she didn’t want him getting into any trouble because of her. When David frowned slightly she sensed he really didn’t care about meeting her father. “You’re probably right but think of it this way, from what I’ve told him about you already he seems to like you. Then again he could just be being nice…” she said sure the last part could be true but who knew parents were always hard to read. Looking down at her heels Leonette had to admit that David was right. They did look nice. Smiling she nodded and said, “You got it.”

- - - - -

Now in something more casual and comfortable, Leonette followed David to the front door and over to one of the ponds. It sure was pretty how nature took over when not dealt with. Sitting down next to her boyfriend the Gryffindor shook her head. “It’s fine. I really don’t mind being here.” She told him with a smile. “That’ll be interesting. By the sounds of things I wouldn't trust you with it either. Not that I would care if you destroyed the place.” She added with a smile. Honestly, Leonette couldn't be happier that her father was no one important.

With: David

Wearing: Looking Grown Up with a new bracelet

OOC: ---

mc2

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:23 pm
- Letter from the desk of Desdemona Lillantine -

User Image

Dear Mr. and Mrs. R. Avery,

It is my hope that this letter finds you both in good health. I must assume this letter will likely not take you by surprise, given as it concerns my eldest son, Evander, and your adopted daughter, young Miss Wendy Chaisty. Please do not be alarmed by how I presume to know your ward; I’ve only become acquainted with her through what my son has told me and his father, of how they attended the Yule Ball together his previous year. I congratulate you on raising such a well mannered, respectable girl, a feat that is no simple task considering the society we live in. My son does not easily speak highly of others, but I believe he holds a certain degree of regard for your daughter, despite his youth. I cannot speak for your- or her- feelings on the matter, but it seems to me that suitable matches are few and far between, and that perhaps Evander and Wendy might be one of them. To be blunter with you, and I hope you will forgive my straight forwardness, a possible arrangement between the two might be mutually beneficial to both our families. While I will admit to being far from an experienced matchmaker, they do not seem unfit for one another, from what I have heard. After all, they have already sought out one another’s company of their own free will, and they come from similar lines of exemplary breeding. But this matter is not something my husband or I wish to take lightly, as Evander is our eldest and our heir, so perhaps it would be best to discuss it in person. You would be welcome to come for tea during the weekend, or if you would rather hold things at your home, we would be glad to pay you a visit.

Respectfully,
Mrs. C. Lillantine

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:12 am
User ImageUser Image

The Family Head and The Matriarch

Robert Carlson Avery (the first)
Former Slytherin
Class of 1970
Wand: Inflexible and Smooth//12 4/5 inches//
xxxxxxPadauk wood//Dragon Heartstring Core
Jane Cathaline Avery
Former Slytherin
Class of 1971
Wand: Inflexible and Decorated//10 1/8 inches//
Elm//Hippogriff Talon Core

One of the lovely things, Jane Cathaline Avery had to admit (and she was quite sure her husband was one to agree) about the Hogwarts school year was how quiet the Main Avery Manor was. Of course their eldest son generally lived there during the year, helping with business affairs, and upkeep of the manor and estate; however, he usually stuck to himself. It was one of the reasons, his quietness that Jane was sure that Robert Carlson Avery the II never bothered to remarry again, despite never producing a child of his own, and his first (and only wife) dying only in her mid thirties and the man's early forties. Thankfully, Jane and Robert Avery the I didn't have the concern as much as many of the pureblood families considering the sheer number of children they had produced themselves. Even if the current head of the family and his wife had the irritation of knowing quite a few of their children had failed to uphold their duty in producing children of their own. Many, Jane suspected, by their own choice as children were work to raise. A joy, Jane would argue, but an extra stress and concern.

December was fast approaching, and already the leaves had fallen and frost was often on the ground in the morning, and as Jane sat in the living room sipping a cup of tea while her husband sat reading, both listening to the phonograph quietly playing the Aria Vilja-Lied from the Merry Widow in the background, she saw a few snowflakes fall from the gray sky outside the large windows where she sat cozily inside. She stood and walked to the window, sipping her tea when she saw the owl approach, and raising a brow ever so slightly opened the window to which Robert Avery looked up as she let the owl inside and allowed him to sit on a perch as she looked at the letter a bit surprised but also smirking. "Oh my, it does look like the noble Lillantine family are desperate if they are taking up contacting us," She said amused, holding out the still sealed envelope to her husband.

Robert closed the book, setting it in front of him and said, "Feel free to save the time for both of us and just read it aloud. It isn't as if they are to contact us without a proper reason. One thing can be said about the Lillantines is that they do have a certain respect of propriety still..."

"Unlike many of even the older families now," Jane sighed in agreement with her husband as she opened the letter and read with a precise diction and showed no expression of interest or surprise or any emotion regarding the letter till she finished it and folded the letter carefully and handed it to Robert and raised a brow at him as he took the letter and said nothing for a few moments, "A galleon for your thoughts, dear?"

The Head of the Avery Clan unfolded the letter and glanced over it himself and said with a small smile, "Well, there is no harm in a simple meeting, now is there?" Jane simply nodded at her husbands answer watching as he stood and said, "If you will excuse me for a few minutes, I suppose I owe Mrs. LIllantine a proper response." And taking the letter with him he headed to the main office of the manor to pen his response to the woman.

The Forgotten Weasley

{OCC}

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:48 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
xWendy Madeline Chaistyxxxxx
xxxx<4th Year>

Time: Summer of 2029
Dressed: For the Summer
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
Right after Wendy got her things settled into her room from school and was given leave to entertain herself, Wendy had immediately changed and headed to her favorite place of the Avery Manor: it's private beach. Of course, the Averys had the decency to ask if she had any questions regarding the engagement they had planned out but Wendy shook her head and said they had outlined their expectations for her clear enough in the letter they had sent her some months ago. It wasn't her place to question them, she had said, and she was sure they had firstly the family's best interest and secondly hers and she trusted their decisions. That satisfied them and they had generously allowed her leave. It was so nice not to spend forever interrogated or questioned about matters-including her idiot cousins' activities at school and such. Maybe it was because David wasn't a complete moron in the middle of some stupid cat fight (it was beyond her what was attractive in him beyond the fact he would inherit the Avery Manor, technically) and he was going to meet Mira's father (also Leo's, but it wasn't like Wendy had much to say to the Gryffindor).

To be truthful she was more than supportive of David's and Leo's relationship because it meant she wouldn't be stuck with the awful guy. David wasn't awful so much in the fact there were far worse options and he was at least half way respectful and actually treated her as an individual who had opinions (he just didn't want to hear them, which was fine with her), but still... he was the son of a squib! And a Ravenclaw. And he would probably have hooked up with a muggleborn if one had caught his eye instead of Leo. She'd pass. And, as it was an engagement with Evander Lillantine was more advantageous than being some 'insurance' for the Avery Family. The only thing at this point in her life she was even tempted by the Averys was the manor. She would likely kill someone if it meant she could secure the manor in her hands forever, but she doubted that would work and even less that any opportunity at all would present itself to her to take ownership of it. The Lillantine Manor better have a pool at least, Wendy thought as she adjusted her sunglasses as she sat reading on a towel on the sand, drying from her quick swim.

She wondered if Evander's parents had gotten around to telling him yet. Would they right at the start of the summer and have to deal with his childish anger over something he should know better than to question or would they wait till the end of the summer just so they could ship him off back to Hogwarts so they didn't have to deal with whatever chaos he would cause. If it was Wendy she would have waited till the end of the summer as who knew what family heirloom Evander could get a hold of. Maybe they were waiting. Wendy would have assumed Evander would be the type to blame anyone and everyone for something he was displeased with-even her. Ha! As if she had a say in her future affairs like that. Twirling a red curl on one of her fingers she hummed under her breath, either way school would be entertaining next year.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:35 am
- A Letter Carried By Ismene, Owl of Antigone Lillantine -

Ismene didn't like the skinny dark haired male. He was nasty to her human, and he was horrible to her. She hadn't wanted to carry any letter of his, but old instincts had kicked in after he managed to tie it to her leg, and she'd taken off with it, but not before pecking him savagely, hard enough to draw blood. She made the distance quickly enough, and, having been ordered under threat to deliver the letter only to a redheaded girl- Ismene wasn't stupid- she landed on the sand, then decided she hated the feel of it beneath her talons and flapped her wings while vocalizing her annoyance with this whole thing, ready to take off the moment the girl took the letter.

“Dear” Wendy-

THE BLOODY HELL IS THIS?! I’m home five minutes, and my mother sends me up to speak to my father, who tells me I’m betrothed. To you. Did you know about this? If you did, and you didn’t tell me, I’d watch my back. They can’t be serious. I mentioned you once- maybe twice- and my mother latches onto the subject like a leech. I know this was all her. Father would never do something like this to me. Do they REALLY think we’re going to just roll over and get married as soon as I graduate? Well. YOU might, but I have no intentions to. This is ridiculous. It’s 2029. I should be allowed to pick my own wife. I suppose this is expected for you- since you’re a girl- but I didn’t expect to be TOLD who I was marrying. Well. I did, but I thought I’d have some sort of INPUT on it. The whole thing makes me want to vomit. I’m only thirteen- as if I’m thinking about marriage. My father and mother didn’t marry until they were 28. I can’t believe this. Well, there goes MY summer. We can’t tell anyone about this. I am NOT going to be known as the boy promised to a girl a year old older than him. And don’t you f-------g dare show this letter to the bags of bones you call guardians- I don’t need to be in ANY more trouble than I already am for my ‘immaturity’. What a load of rubbish. They’re lucky I haven’t run away or murdered someone. Or both. My siblings know, and Cyrus keeps prattling on about it- rubbing it even more in my face. If I haven’t strangled him by the end of the summer…

Your Fiancé,
Evander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:49 am

“Dear” Wendy-

Oh, I'm charmed by your response. You're too hilarious. Oh, well that's lovely, really. You couldn't have at least given me some sort of warning?! It's not as if you bother with your 'place' half the time. Alright, so I wouldn't have believed you- at least part of me would have. I'd rather have had that gnawing doubt in the back of my mind than be blindsided with this. And I'm going to murder David. He had no right to go around mentioning- there you go again! Make up your bloody mind! You sound awfully bitter about it yourself. I'm not abandoning anything- have you ever considered maybe I just don't want to be engaged to you? You're not exactly a dream to be around, either. Actually, right now I've been perfectly content with giving Cyrus black eyes and blood noses every time he antagonizes me, but fine, you make a point. He's not easy to ignore with Mother praising every hair on his head every chance she gets, but I'll try it. Wow, Wendy. I laughed so hard at that joke I choked on my own blood and died. I suppose the wedding's off now.

Your Ready For a Triple Homicide Betrothed,
Evander

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:52 pm

“Dear” Wendy-

Who would that be, exactly? I've yet to see you back down for anyone, so, really, it must be enthralling to watch. How do you restrain yourself from making all sorts of wonderfully sarcastic comments around your guardians? Meditation? 'For the time being', just you wait... 'Quite neutral' on it- for the love of Merlin, woman, no one's neutral about their bloody impending marriage.

Outsmart- it's not outsmarting him I'm concerned about, it's getting him to shut up. You haven't met him, you've no idea how long he can go on about something in the most ridiculous, simpering voice- he lisps on purpose you know. I should have pushed him down a well as a toddler. I know you're implying I poison him- Mother would recognize it in an instant, she dabbles in potions.... madwoman.

If I died I'd haunt you for the rest of your life before I let you enjoy a sickle's worth of my inheritance. Trust me, I would be an extremely unpleasant ghost. And oh, bringing up Daddy, are we? Do they let you see him or is he in some sort of maximum security cell? What was he in for? Murder? I suppose Avery, the old b*****d. will have to walk you down the aisle... shame. He'll probably be smirking the entire time. And I would be an extremely elegant murderer, how dare you. I wouldn't go prancing around in a silk top hat with a f------g stiletto knife, but I'd be a lot better at it than you probably would. You couldn't fake grief to save your life.

Your Still Kicking Fiance,
Evander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:09 pm

“Dear” Wendy-

For what? Keeping you off the street? If you want to kiss up to those morons for the rest of your life, go ahead. And my mind is plenty clear when I have an objective- it's just that I don't actually care about most of the Transfiguration objectives. It's bad enough I get lectured about that, too- I'm good at Charms, so I don't see why-

I knew it was going to be arranged, don't be idiotic. I just didn't think it would be arranged before my fifth year, at the very least. Sorry, but wasn't your family's heir currently dating someone? A Gryffindor? How is that touching romance going, by the way?

I thought the reason you were an only child had more to do with Mummy being dead and Daddy being in prison than anything else, but I'm glad you've found it so suitable.

Funny, I'd thought duels went to first blood, not last breath, but I suppose acidents do happen. Manslaughter just always seemed like such a pathetic crime, you know? If I was planning a f-------g wedding I certainly wouldn't invite any of your family to it- I assume it will fall on my mother and you to draw up the guest list. I'm sure you and her will get along so well.

Eagerly Anticipating 'Til Death Do Us Part',
Evander

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:13 pm
My God, are we gonna be like our parents?
Not me, not ever, you can keep deceiving yourself.
It's unavoidable, it just happens.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
Walking out into the dark, into the dark...
Going on a different path led by a beating heart...
All the people of the town lash their eyes to the ground.
Forget matters to the heart; the night is all you have;
You ran into the night from all you had.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᵗʰᶤʳᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander didn't want to be here. He hadn't wanted to leave his room at all, like it was an entirely different reality behind his locked door, where he sat at a desk and wrote letters back and forth to Wendy, trying to distract himself from the real reason he was even writing them in the first place. Thinking about any of it made him feel sick. He didn't want any of this, and now he was going to have to grin and bear it in public for the rest of his life. His father said marriage was generally like that, but that was because, in Vander's mind, his mother was a raving psychotic b****h, so he didn't really know what his father had expected upon marrying a sadistic nut. At least Wendy was nothing like her. Except for the love of potions. That was worrying. His father had suggested he pay his fiancee a visit, and by suggested Vander meant pretty much forced him under threat of burning his beautiful, polished to the point of gleaming broom in the fireplace and forcing him to share a room with Cyrus for the rest of his teenage years.

Vander was not about to risk that. He hadn't seen fit to dignify Wendy's last letter with a reply, and he had no idea if she was angry with him or not, or if she even felt anything at all concerning him. He felt plenty of things, most of them dark rage and a burning desire for revenge on his mother and the Averys for orchestrating this whole thing, and a painful sense of betrayal and resentment towards his father, whom he'd always admired, for going along with it. But, as Wendy was so fond of saying, no one cared what he felt. He knocked on the front door, hoping to not come face to face with anyone but Wendy, because he was fairly certain he'd be tempted to hex them. Actually, that might still hold true even if it was Wendy to answer it. He was furious with her for not being upset about this. Didn't she want to throw a dramatic fit about some admitted nonsense of 'you can't make me marry him!' and 'I want to marry for love!'? Not that she wanted or believed any of that, but you would think she could at least pretend to. Stewing, he waited.

OOC:
mc2

Found yourself a path upon the ground,
You ran into the night, you can't be found.
But this is your heart; can you feel it?
Their blood pumps through your veins.
Summer evening, breeze is blue-
Drawing voices deep from you.
On a different path, led by a beating heart,
What a year and what a night!
What terrifying final sight!
Put out your beating heart.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:07 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
xxxx<4th Year>

Dressed: In the colors of a stormy sea
Wendy was slightly miffed that Evander hadn't dignified her last response to him with a reply. And it bored her that he didn't. Also, she felt it was downright childish and cowardly of him. Considering all the awful things he said to her, she figured pointing out that he wasn't exactly Prince Charming and that he was an idiot who hadn't even bothered to learn anything about her family (and quite frankly, the Chaistys might not be as powerful or strong as say the Lillantines, but they were probably purer, and she was an heiress of an old family in her own right). Besides, she was down right polite and civil in the letter compared to how most would have taken his goading and idiocy.

Yesterday, though, Wendy had been informed that Evander was coming over to meet with her (apparently his parents idea) and she was to give him a proper tour of the estate (meaning, no where anyone not of the family is not supposed to be). She figured she would just give him a tour of the grounds, since it was the best part of the manor. Besides it was better than sitting down and being glared at over tea or some rubbish.

Wendy had been waiting on one of the bottom steps of the staircase in the entryway, tapping her fingers on her knee as she waited for Evander to come (having been told she had to appear as if she was waiting and not bored on waiting-gag her now). When the knock came to the door, Wendy quickly stood, smoothed the front of her dress and opened the door, before crossing her arms and raising a brow at her fiance, and saying in her typical tone of exact neutrality and detachment she had down to a habit almost as much as breathing, "Good afternoon, Mr. Lillantine."

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:32 pm

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

Vander looked a little taken aback at just how swiftly the door had been opened, but didn't let himself actually take a step back. He noted her raised eyebrow and crossed arms and said dryly, "What, was this a surprise? Surprise." He looked disgusted by the 'Mr. Lillantine' moniker still being given to him. It had been annoying when they were just acquaintances, ridiculous when they were- he couldn't bring himself to say 'friends'- and now it was bordering on creepy. Was she still going to call him that when they were married? Did people actually do that with a straight face? "Wendy," he nodded stiffly, and seeing as she hadn't invited him in, looked around. "Lead the way," he finally said after a moment, a hint of derision tingeing his voice. He really wanted to rail at her, but anyone could be listening in right now. He didn't see why he had to be the one to visit. Something about it being 'gentlemanly'. Of course, his mother had said that, so he wasn't about to take that as fact, and he'd never been very concerned with being gentlemanly before. He hoped he didn't have to deal with her great uncle and aunt- that was what the Averys were, he was pretty sure.... He wasn't in the mood for kissing up. Well, he was never actually in the mood for that but he especially wasn't right now.

OOC:
mc2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:19 pm
User Image
xxxx<4th Year>

Dressed: In the colors of a stormy sea
"It is hardly a surprise," Wendy informed Vander dryly. "My guardians have always seen fit to keep informed of relative matters regarding myself..." She let out a sigh and added with a slight roll of her eyes, "Besides, if you ever did manage to surprise me, I sincerely doubt you'd ever find out you did. I have yet to be surprised by anything and doubt I will anytime soon." She shook her head, brushing a stray red lock out of her eyes and stood there as finally, Evander addressed her by name and commanded her to lead the way.

She stepped back and waved a hand and said, "I don't know if you had anything in mind, but I figured I'd just give you a tour of the main grounds. It's my favorite part of the estate and where I spend most of my time if not in my room or the general foyer where I practice a lot of times." Wendy picked up from the center table a small basket and shoved it towards Evander's hands and raised a brow, "In case you are thirsty or hungry. Do keep up, Mr. Lillantine." She added leading the way towards the general foyer or ballroom where she planned to leave towards the grounds. She didn't even bother waiting for him as she folded her arms behind her back and led the way.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:07 pm

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

Vander made a face at her when she gave a dry retort. "At least I was informed to my face," he muttered. "Not in a bloody letter." If he'd been told he was in an arranged marriage in a letter, quite a lot of things would have gotten burned, the letter itself not the least of them. He rolled his eyes right back at her as she rolled hers. going on about how his chances of ever surprising her were slim. "You'd be-," he realized he was about to say 'surprised' and trailed off into stony silence, focusing on the red of her hair as he followed behind her, scowling.

"Practice what?" he asked, and tried to remember what she played. Harp, he was fairly sure, and maybe the viola or the violin. He still played the violin, had been playing it more frequently lately, making the bow screech over the strings to feel better about things. He looked down at the basket as it was shoved to him and back at her, before holding it, though privately thinking that it made a lot more sense for the hostess to be the one carrying it. "Do keep up," he mocked her tone under his breath as he followed her out onto the grounds. "What're you showing me, your beach? You and your obsession with water..."

OOC:
mc2

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash