Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Seminars/ Golem Info/ Missions/ Promotions
[Division Meeting] Sun Division -(PAGE 9) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:13 pm
Solomon laughed out loud - in a good way - at the mention of Milo wanting to be a power ranger. "Come hang out with me and Dorian some time, Milo, join the club." he offered. However, it seemed that now a few introductions had happened, he'd be wise to join in on them himself.

"I'm Solomon Knolls, also pretty new." he scratched the side of his visor as if it was his temple as he spoke before resting his arm over his knee. "Former stuntman, my skill set is essentially 'do s**t while looking cool and not dying' and I'm rather good at it." At least in his biased opinion, but hey it seemed like everybody was having their off kilter quotes - like the red head that he'd like to introduce to Dinah sometime and see what happened. Because no matter the results it would be funnnyyyyyyy.

"So I guess all I can do at this time is teach parkour and various other things like 'fall without breaking your left arm in three places' right now." a shrug. But hey, he was contributing!

chirigami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:44 pm
Being better was what America was all about and she almost went in for a high-five but then Allan started talking about inspiration circles and friendship. Sounded like code for feelings talk and she wasn't about that. So she turned her attention to her phone instead, only perking up when Solomon started talking. Stunt man sounded pretty worthwhile and Stryker was practically crowing with excited approval. She gave the dude a thumbs up before she decided to introduce herself.

Standing up, hands on her hips, she announced, "I'm America Jones, and I'm good at learning important things, like survival and protecting the free world from Comm-well, I guess it's monsters now, but whatever. I decided to join up here, so you're welcome."  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:00 pm
A little late to the party, Kat arrived on the training grounds with everyone else, a little more tired than usual.

(( dffkgjfd sorry, quick post /getting called away for a moment ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:25 pm
Milo was very pleased to hear this, Solomon, very pleased indeed.
User Image

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:22 am
There were new faces in the circle. Enthusiastic new faces, at that. Hopefully that'd last a little while. The guy with the odd visor got a curious glance, both for the visor and for the skillset he announced he had to offer. When it was his turn, Jordan stood. "Jordan Miller," he introduced himself. "Currently laying out plans for new training courses. Construction may have to be delayed due to the lack of power."

He returned to his spot without saying anything further. He still felt a little strange in his own coat, after wearing Rep's for months.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:59 am
Jerry had fallen quiet as the meeting had unfolded, partially out of embarrassment as Allan had reprimanded them, and partly out of careful study of all of the new faces*.

So many. The more Chel seemed to sass them, the more sympathetic Jerry's expression had grown. Time for introductions.

"Ah... I'm Jerry Collins... currently er... re-evaluating my specialization but still working in Weapons Testing-" He eyed the cheeky new trainees, pushing his glasses up his nose as he shifted uncomfortably. "I used to be like you," His eyes locked with Chel's before glancing to the very oddly dressed stunt-man. "But... This is no movie. This is no video game. What we do might be surreal, but people die in our line of work. People we are close to. People who are missed. It's not something that's exactly easy to just smile and get ice cream and make it all better. So make fun if you want, but that is not how Nakama treat one another, especially on a battle field."

As for his own proposal, he was still working on that. He shuffled his papers, glancing around nervously again before falling back to let the next person take their turn.

chimarii

demon_pachabel

*footnote: but mostly cause I was gone yesterday lol  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:05 am
Solomon sighed as Jerry called them out on how serious being a hunter was. "Never said it was." he mumbled, more to himself than in reply to the clearly more experienced hunter. "But all I can do right now is offer my experiences because I don't have yours."

Bilious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am
Bix hopped up enough to go over and give Jerry a bro-backpat and squeeze AND shake. He approved of the death talk. Why? Cause he wore a happy facade but deep down had too much damage done to not have the bright eyed, bubbly newbs get to him just a little bit. It was amazing to see the difference, something he'd noticed in the tournaments, between the ranks, as time sunk in and the job chipped away at them little by little.

Also.. what was with that guys visor? Was he a celeb hiding out or something? Maybe he was in Daft Punk? ... wouldn't it get sweaty in there while living on tropical island?

"You guys will get the experiences.." He said aloud. "Sooner rather than later. It's all awesome weapons and fun but I'm sure you've noticed even our intermediates missing limbs and eyes.." They'd only seen happy go lucky Bix, but this was Hunter Bix. "So you have to understand, when the higher ranks seem grim or serious. We've all got reasons." He glanced at Jerry, at his burned face, his own matching scars stretching up his neck in glaring pink on his pale skin.

"It's great to be enthusiastic. It's great to be willing to learn. It's great to be eager." He looked at all of them. "Mutual respect and deference to your superiors should be also considered." Bix shrugged a bit and finally released Jerry from his one-armed squeeze.  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:39 am

"Exactly." Rep said. "I don't know why they keep ******** recruiting people whose balls haven't ******** dropped or who seem to think this is some kind of ******** holiday camp or something. People die here. Friends die here. If people are dour its because they've probably got ******** reason to and when they see people like maybe you should smile more. The politest ******** thing they can do is not punch them right in the mouth."

He smirked at America though. "And at least you are willing to learn. I guess that's a ******** start."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:11 pm
"Woah, woah, woah," she started. "Since y'all are keen on givin' this heart to heart, I get my two cents too." She was definitely being put in place, and she understood that. It felt terrible, and she felt herself begin to babble. "I haven't seen all the s**t y'all have seen its true. I'm just guarding my own happiness, alright? If I want to be happy, I will be. Y'all don't get to bring me down just because its in the job description."

A look went to Rep. "And you. Bix said mutual respect and I'm willing to give it to you. Everyone else in this circle has been nice and superior-y, but you've told me to drop my non-existant balls and to shove a c**k in my mouth. I don't know what your deal is, but lay off it alright? I'm a ******** person, not your sex toy." She looked to Allan, genuinely apologetic look in her eyes. "Sorry for interrupting your meeting, sir. I'll refrain from doing so from now on."

Chel sighed, sitting back in the grass. Apparently this whole "trainee" business was a lot more serious than she'd expected it was going to be. She'd come in with a fun tournament with her friends, where superiors were cheering on their inferiors- was it so wrong to assume that there were thin lines between ranks? She picked at the grass, trying to figure it out in her tiny, tiny brain. Maybe it was going to take more work than she thought.

It was strange though, she wasn't mad, not in the least. Maybe a little annoyed with Rep, but she was more perplexed. Things weren't going the way Chel had thought it would (though to be fair, Chel thought it was going to be, as Jerry had said, like in the stories where the hero saves the day by fighting monsters), and now she needed to reassess herself. So for the time being, she was actually a bit quiet, somewhat like a dog with her tail between her legs.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:22 pm
Jerry glanced from the trainee to Rep and immediately stepped forward to put a shoulder in front of his fellow Hunter before the man did something even stupider. Hopefully it would buy Jordan enough time to pull the leash back on the tiger. "We're not saying you are not capable just because you haven't seen what we've seen. It's true, we NEED to laugh and smile and enjoy life while we have it. But what Rep means is please do not disrespect us, just because you're new or nervous. I'm sure you were all recruited for a reason, and every one of you will be an asset."

He laughed nervously, trying to ease the tension. "I mean, they found use for me didn't they?"

He cleared his throat as he added as an afterthought, "Rep takes a bit of translation sometimes. He really does mean well."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Rep turned his full and livid attention onto Chel and listened with a look of cold irritation. When she was done with her rant he stepped forward - right into Jerry with a snarl of fury, yelling around him "I wouldn't ******** you if you were the last ******** c**t on earth!" But all in all it was a very fortunate situation that the other Sun was there, it halted him from leaping across the room and going straight for the jugular to try and teach subordination the hard way. It gave him time to think. To remember that Simon was in the room, to change the restrained leap into the most awkward bro-hug in history before backing up again, eyes narrowed.

"The advice people were giving you, you don't ******** deserve and I hope you die sooner rather than later." He felt furious and vulnerable, and though he supported the nakama concept that Allan propounded and the value of team work, he suddenly found himself in a room of uncompromising egos and he wasn't willing to bow to them or respect them in the least. "But whatever." he snorted. "I hope you enjoy having your delusional happiness dashed to bits."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:44 pm
Jordan watched Rep with a cold, stony stare. If Rep did something really stupid, he'd help intervene; however, it seemed that Jerry had managed to deflect Rep first. Just as well. He wasn't sure Rep would take his stepping in well at all right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:57 pm
Peyton had been there the whole time, but she hadn't been saying much. For once she'd been content to keep quiet and let everyone else around her talk. There were a lot of new faces, and she was eager to learn names to go with them. Seated beside Solomon, she slid her attention from one hunter to the next, listening intently and filing away information for later use.

Lavender eyes had narrowed down as introductions had seemed to go down hill, and she pressed her teeth together to keep from interjecting with something unhelpful and sarcastic. Sass wasn't about to resolve anything, but..

Pale lips pressed in a thin line before she gave a sigh and turned her attention to Rep. What should have been a look of respect was stained with fear and disappointment, but her voice was very level when she finally did speak. "They're knew, they will learn, just like You did, just like I did. Screaming at them will not drive that point home."

((Hi, I was gone all weekend. o 3o))  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:18 pm
"This is why feelings circles are the worst," America griped, crossing her arms. "Y'all acting resentful just because we don't have PTSD yet isn't helpful for s**t. If we aren't gonna fight it out, or play football or something, I don't know what I'm doing here. You had to endure a lot, and good on you for surviving that, sorry for your losses. But I sure as heck ain't gonna hug it out with you guys and let you cry about your hardships on my shoulder." Could she go now?  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Seminars/ Golem Info/ Missions/ Promotions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff