Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 pm
o0_Daisuke_0o

The sunset was beautiful. That much was inarguable. And she appreciated his understanding of her hesitance to drink what he'd found in the jar. It was certainly interesting, though; that much was also inarguable. True, the chances of it being poison were slim, but... she did indeed also think it best if she stuck to water for the time being. It could be the most delicious beverage imaginable, but it would be hard to enjoy it if her headache and dizziness made her throw it back up.

"That might be a good idea," Thalia agreed, looking upwards at the stars appearing in the ever-darkening sky. "Hopefully I will feel better in the morning and we can look at actually getting back to civilisation." A pause, and then she looked over at him, offering a grateful smile. "Thanks for the help you've been. I appreciate it." He really was excellent company. Smoothing the sand out underneath her, again, she fluffed her wings, wrapped them close to her body, and lay back. "Please don't worry about needing to sleep in the water if you're more comfortable that way."

Hopefully she would be feeling better, and they could get going. She was certain there was going to be a backlog of work waiting for her when she got back to Venus and the other Graces.

((OOC: I'm not terribly sure where to go to wrap this up from here. Any ideas? XD ))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 am
Hjortur nodded to her hopes. "Spirits help that you recover quickly, though feel no need to rush it. This island appears to be of little danger." That was true, well, at least on the shoreline. Who knew what could be said of it further inland?

Not that that really mattered, considered he did not think they would be exploring.

"Thank you for your concern. As a naiad, it is a sort of necessity I do just that," he set the jar besides the others before turning to return to the water. He sat on the shore's edge before he pushed himself in, allowing his legs to transform in the shallow pool before immersing himself completely. Resurfacing, he called out, "Good night, Thalia," before submersing himself and allowing his eyes to shut in a restful, needed sleep.

It had been quite the day.

----------------------------------------------(time skip)----------------------------------------------

The sun was high overhead as the naiad returned from the river, a number of clams in hand. Today was it, the big day. The day they would part ways and leave this island.

Honestly, he had rather enjoyed his time here, alone except for the company of a beautiful woman. The weather had been mild, the calmness real, the food delicious, and the water plenty. Even if it was not the intended getaway, it had certainly served its purpose as such. Was he... Perhaps his skin looked a little darker, kissed by the sun these past days.

Nah. It was probably in his head.

Handing one, the freshest, biggest he had, to Thalia, he mused aloud. "I suppose this is our final day together, is it not?" Glancing around, he took note of the jar sticking out among the rest, filled with a liquid of brilliant color. "We never did have a chance to partake in that nectar from the ship."

Amasis

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 pm
o0_Daisuke_0o

It was certainly a relief to not have the throbbing pain behind her temples every time she coughed, sneezed, or even moved too quickly. Being able to wake up every day with a little less of it had been a blessing, and now she felt ready to fly again. While she shuddered to think of the work waiting her, she couldn't help the sentiment that she would rather that than be stranded out on a deserted island again.

...Even if the company had been quite excellent.

Speaking of, his skin did have a bit of a darker tone, as did hers, from the sun they'd spent so much time in. Though, admittedly, no small amount of hers had been following a sunburn. She hadn't realised immediately exactly how easily she burned until the grit of the sand had taken to being more of than just a nuisance. That had passed for the most part, though and, itchy though it left her, at least she could stretch in the sun without irritation to her skin.

Stretching felt wonderful, and she flapped her wings once, twice, three times to get the sand out of them before folding them back close to her body again. Taking the clam offered to her, she chuckled. "No, we didn't, but... maybe in the future?" She would cook her clam before eating it, and so tucked it under under arm for the moment. "I would certainly like to see you again." Salt-crusted hair tucked back behind her ears, Thalia considered that she might actually want to wait to eat until she saw home. Flying with a full stomach probably wasn't the best idea, and the clam would keep long enough.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:07 am
My, how beautiful Thalia looked as her wings flapped behind her, sending sand into the air around her. The salt clinging to her hair seemed to sparkle light gems in the sunlight, her skin a beautiful shade darker, though he had hardly noticed the gradual change. It would be such a shame to not be blessed with her company anymore, but she needed to return to her home, just has he had.

The future? Yes... He would like that very much. As for waiting to eat the clam, well, he always ate them raw anyways. They were easy enough to shuck, and upon its opening he shrugged lightly. "Clams are sometimes filled with a pearl. Not this one, however."

Eating it in front of her while she was not, however, would be quite rude, so he would wait until she departed to do that. "We really must meet again to try it; I can save onto it for that moment if you'd like." Probably better than her having to carry it in flight; who knew just how far away from the mainland they actually were. If it was going to be distance, his would feel far less. Hopefully he'd be able to figure out his own way back to he lake, but it couldn't be too far.

Right?

Shuffling the others in his hand, he looked out to the horizon before them. "I suppose it is time for our departure then... Is it not?"

Amasis

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:55 am
o0_Daisuke_0o

"I'd like that," she'd replied to his offer to hold onto the vial for her. "Thank you." He was right; while she was strong enough to carry things in flight, she didn't really have too much to hold it with. Already holding the clam, she wanted to avoid flying with her arms full. Arms were useful for things like balance correction, steering. But, unfortunately, not so much if they were holding things. And to say nothing of if she dropped it! Thalia had never really had the occasion to test how quickly she could enter and pull out of a steep dive, but she wasn't terribly keen on chancing it now.

Thalia stretched her wings again, then beat them against the air. There was a cloud of sand that puffed up, but she was quick to get as much lift as quickly as possible, and get high enough that she didn't buffet him with the tiny particles. Time for departure... She offered him a warm smile and, pitching her voice so he'd be able to hear it, "Yeah, looks like!" A wave, another warm smile she hoped he could see. "Travel safe! Until we meet again!"

Not a 'hope we', but an 'until we'. She intended to see him again, one way or another.

A third, broad wave, and Thalia took off into the sky.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:50 am
The naiad lifted an arm to his face as she lifted to shield his eyes from the dust, lowering it the moment he felt the sand settle. Hovering there in the sky above him, the sun's rays silhouetting her figure from behind... she was so, so very beautiful. When she waved, he returned the gesture, calling back out to her. "Yes, I shall wait for you until that time!"

Perhaps it was not a stretch to say that he was smitten with only her physical beauty; quick of mind and kind of heart, there was far more to it than that.

Was it love, nah... Probably not...

Smiling to himself, he stood on the beach to watch her be off before readying his own things. Diving into the water, the cool liquid washed over him, transforming his legs again into fins. It took a few moment before he was on his way, off to search for the way home. Her image would remain in his thoughts often, waiting for her.

Yes... until they again met, she'd be the muse of his dreams.

Not so bad an ending for a shipwreck, as it were.

Amasis
I'mma mark it as finished

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ Graveyard ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items