Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Hey Listen! - Winner Announced- Page 7! (Archive) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiara Lime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:40 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) Green, From Cucumbers, Broccoli, Green Jello, green gummy worms, Limes, to me everything tastes better in green
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? Wolf, since i was little it's always been the wolf. Such beauty, loyalty and wild nature. how much responsibility the pack takes to raise their young. That and I love how fuzzy they are XD
  3. What is time? Time is irrelevant, for time is what you make of your existence while alive. It's mainly the journey, not the time that makes life special.
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? To dress as a pirate and squeak at your friends for a giggle or two. That or just see the WTF faces they give you for your own laugh.
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? As long as it avoids my car it can chuck as much wood as it can....as long as it doesn't chuck it in front of my car that is.
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Last I remember in Paris, or was it London, no wait Japan. Of fudge, Wherever she is she took my pants.
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! *eye twitches & nabs Navi in a glass bottle before filling it with water and tossing it into Death Mountain.* Don't worry I did us all a favor... *grins with an innocent look.*
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? Sage
  9. Why would you name him/her that? Fitting with the theme of Zelda, I'm sure he/she would make a wonderful sage be it the past or future of Hyrule in guiding the hero to his destiny.
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? Sage's totem would be the Bull for Reliability, Stability, Virility, Strength, Provision, Peacefulness, Helpfulness, Determination.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:15 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) I seem to like a lot of brown food. xD Beef soup, fried rice, chicken... owo
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? Wolves! *m*)/
  3. What is time? A four letter word. -shot- It's also 5:15AM here (I should sleep /sob).
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? To be eaten, with some shoelaces on the side.
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Four teaspoons.
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Inside a box.
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Look around wildly and proceed to throw expensive jars on the floor to see if there's anything's inside.
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? Roe, regardless of gender.
  9. Why would you name him/her that? I thought the name was cute and I've wanted to use it for a while. x3 It looks like it means red-haired or deer, too, which fits well, since I planned to use "deer" for the next question, haha.
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? Deer for grace, innocence, and gentleness.

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:41 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) I'm tempted to say red, just because of strawberries. And meat 8D I'm such a carnivore x3
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? THREE FISHING CATS. I refuse to be constrained by your weight limitations 8D Also, they're freaking adorable. And they catch fish. And are amazing. And purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

3. What is time? BABY DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE.
    *ahem* My apologies, couldn't resist.
    Time is considered to be a dimension, which orders events into a chronological fashion and stops everything happening all at once. It shows how long an event might go on for, and what 'distance' there is between these events. Of course, you could go for the more funky definitions of: "that thing that's shown on a clock" or even "time is money" x3
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? One of the greatest mysteries to plague the wizarding world is the function of a rubber duck. Well, I'm afraid that information is classified. Shhhhhh. Top secret. *shifty eyes*
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? My original response was that a wood chuck doesn't have opposable thumbs, so thus this question is nonsensical. However, as it clearly states "if a wood chuck could chuck wood", this implies that for the purpose of this question the wood chuck must have magically either a) evolved opposable thumbs, or b) found a device that will chuck wood for it. In the case of a), probably not that much. Depends on the size of the wood pieces it's chucking and how much energy it has and how long it lives/how long before it gets bored of chucking wood. In the case of b), all it has to do is switch the machine on and BAM! Infinite wood chucking (results may vary and you have been warned that machines are prone to errors and eventual wear-and-tear causing breakdown).
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? I ARRESTED THEM ALL. ALL OF THEM. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. LET ME TALK DAMMIT :<" Or "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?" It depends on my mood xD
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? Ballad (for a boy), Saga (for a girl)
  9. Why would you name him/her that? I really liked how one of the baskets was named 'Legend', and I think it fits with the parents' storyline of adventure x3
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? A cougar, for loyalty and courage, and the ability to take responsibility.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:43 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) That’s hard as I'm a bit of a foodie and adore plenty of things, but presently during the winter months it has to be orange. I adore Butternut squash, roast it with olive oil and a little nutmeg, and then just scoop the soft flesh out and eat it. I also at present have a love of Physalis, they are just sooo pretty!
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? It would have to be a dog. I've had three springer spaniels in my life time and my ex-boyfriend had my last one put down just before Christmas at the age of 14. They have brought my much joy and given me good reason to walk much of the British countryside I'm so in love with.
  3. What is time? Something often wasted and rarely cherished.
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? I don't know personally know, but I know someone who might:

[x]

5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? I never knew what a wood chuck was until I googled it a minute ago! XD However all I can picture now is a little woodchuck attempting to do a caber toss. And as the internet is best for finding out new and often pointless things, a you tube video of a caber toss also links to one of cheese rolling... worth watching for a laugh! Just to confirm the fact the British are the best bunch of eccentric's going:

[x]

6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Eating tacos at Carmen's in San Diego.
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! YOU NEVER HELP!

[x]

8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? Her: Rhiannon Him: Penglaz
  9. Why would you name him/her that? Her: Because she is the Welsh goddess who is often also associated the the goddess Epona. Him: Continuing on the theme; Rhiannon has always appeared in human form, though she is often to be depicted as riding a white horse. There is a Welsh tradition called, 'Mari Lwyd' meaning Grey Mare. It is a Welsh midwinter tradition to celebrate the new year. It is a form of Wassailing, a luck bringing ritual, and people go from door to door singing in hopes of being let in for some food and drink. The Mari Lwyd itself is a 'Obby 'Oss, which is carried by the singers as they move from house to house, pub to pub. There is a Cornish version of the Mari Lwyd known as Penglaz, meaning 'grey head' in Cornish. And why go with the Cornish name over the Welsh, well I'm Cornish!

For your interest, here is a video I've loaded up of the May day 'Obby 'Oss in Padstow, Cornwall.

Padstow 'Oss

10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? A bear: Often seen as linking the sub/unconscious mind due to it's habit of hibernation, the bear is a symbol of teaching us to look within ourselves for the answer. They teach use caution, quite of mind and the silence within, also they teach us leadership, natural healing abilities and strength.

junglerunner

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:14 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food?
    It's kind of hard to choose a color to represent the foods I like since I enjoy so many. But if I really had to choose then I would go with the color gold.
    I have an unnatural love for curry and tacos, which are both golden/golden yellow. ...I REALLY love curry.

2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs?
    204 Hamsters of course! All those little feet scampering around everywhere~
    Or the Eurasian Lynx. Take your pick before one eats the other.

3. What is time? The thing that can't make up its mind as to whether it wants to be an hour ahead, or an hour behind.

4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck?
    Why would you ask such a question?
    All should know that the rubber duck is nothing more than a tool used by the boogey man. Yes, you read that correctly, I hope. Rubber duckies are nothing more than a gateway the foul monster uses to enter one's home, because who would suspect an innocent rubber duck of harboring such EVIL.
    It is the perfect way to enter the household of both children and adults alike.

5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
    Enough to put beavers out of work, until the winter.

6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?
    Have you checked your local library?

7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen!
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her?
    Taehl [Male] // Tatlh [Female]

9. Why would you name him/her that?
    Leave me alone. I've been on a Majora's Mask kick as of late.
    But in all seriousness, no matter how good someone is, or how messed up others may see them all, everyone needs a friend and a guide in their lifetime.

10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be?
    Lynx:: Keeper of secrets, guardian, listener, and guide.

Thank you for this chance. :3
    And Mal...SHAAAAAAAAAAAME~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) I would have said blue, but I can't think of anything blue in relation to food right off the top of my head...so I'm going to go with purple, and I'll say grapes. <3 Kinda unoriginal, but it works for me...and goes well with a joke. (Hey. Psst. Hey. D'you know what I grape says when it's stepped on? ...nothing--it just lets out a little wine!)
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? Ouuu, I'll have to go with a Wolf. o wo <3
  3. What is time? Time is relevant...and important to me. Y'see, being that where I live, we don't change our clocks for DLS, I have to keep track of everyone else's timezones in relation to myself. When you start adding people in the UK and Russia, things get interesting. I'm known as something of a clock, actually. xD;
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? ...my rubber duckie, you're the one! My rubber duckie, you're so fun! /continues singing!
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Well, they're not actually called wood chucks. But if wood chucks existed and chucked wood, I would say the answer would be 42. This is also the meaning of life, so how could it not be correct?! (I also suspect this is what Mal was getting at. Tricksy woman!)
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? ...sorry, I'm giggle-fitting at Mal's response, so I missed where Carmen disappeared to. D:
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! omgnaviwhereisitwhatisityou'redrivingmeinsaaaaaaane! You better not say "WATCHOUT!" next! D:
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? ;___; I hate this question. And not because I don't want to give it away, but that naming has always been a huge process to me, and to make names up on the fly has never really worked. I look at the baby's intended purpose, their personality, their parents, and I don't have the time to do that before I post this (it can take days, sometimes. Ae'ilvainyx was uber hard to name because of this).
  9. Why would you name him/her that? I can't really give you why I'd name them something specific, but I did give you my reasoning for why I couldn't name him/her, right now.
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? I could see a hawk or coyote/fox, actually, if I was going with the first potentials that came to mind. <3 Coyote would symbolize something more family-oriented, fox for playfulness (perhaps), and the hawk would be very much akin to freedom, though whether it manifests as traveling or observance, I don't yet know.

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100

PixelDeerest

Dapper Dabbler

9,275 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:43 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) Hmm......smoked salmon, a medium steak...Scarlet?
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs?DEEER DEER DEER........UM....Not..fat..deer?
  3. What is time? Oh it's this little small, unimportant thingy just ticking and tocking away......Not so important, so very important....I think it's dating Space, their ship name is SpaceTime
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? To...ya know....do that one thing...To be cute and stuff?
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? I don't know, you tell me silly goose.
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Trust me, you don't want to know.
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Oh, a little something like this, I suppose
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? Depends on the gender, I'd suppose - but since you're not letting me know that, why should I tell you my names ;u huuuuuh? Okay fine. Boy:Hylia Girl:Malon
  9. Why would you name him/her that? Hylia is short for Hylian, and Malon is the name of the girl from Lon Lon Ranch. The basket reminds me of the pastures of Ocarina of Time, and both these names are reminiscent of that.
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? "Caribou teaches endurance, strength, fortitude and perseverance in going the distance. He will teach the power of adaptability in adversity, caution in surroundings and tenacity to get things accomplished."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) It has to be red, apples, strawberries, cherries. They always just taste so fresh and remind me of spring and fall for some reason.
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? I'm going to say a Snow Leopard, I remember reading a book about them when I was a child. They have alway fascinated me with their resilience and ability to hide.
  3. What is time? It is 10;17 and I am still in bed.
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? To throw at people.
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
    And chuck as much as a woodchuck would
    If a woodchuck could chuck wood.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q6Ti9xCX_M
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Right behind you o.o
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! I'd throw a rubber duck at them.
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? If its Male Askook, and If female Marin
  9. Why would you name him/her that? Askook is a native American name meaning snake, Most shamans are born under this Native American animal symbol. The Snake is a natural in all matters of spirit. Easily attuned to the ethereal realm the Snake makes an excellent spiritual leader. Also respected for his/her healing capacities, the Snake also excels in medical professions. The Snake's preoccupation with matters intangible often lead others to view them as mysterious, and sometimes frightening. True, the Snake can be secretive, and a bit dark – he/she is also quite sensitive, and caring. In a supportive relationship the cool Snake can be passionate, inspiring, humorous, and helpful.

While Marin is a character from the Legend of Zelda in Link's Awakening. She finds Link washed up, and cares for him.

10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? If Male, the Rattle Snake, since he would be greatly spiritual and caring. If female, since Marion means of the sea, it would be a Pacific white sided Dolphin.

Zolis

Dapper Streaker

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:32 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) the peel of a summer squash
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? Clouded leopards (not sure that this counts as the max. weight is 51 pounds which is not most common) if this doesn't count, dawns adores the komodo dragon
  3. What is time? unimportant, useless, whatever
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? stress relief! At least when paired with a bubble bath and music
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? As much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? everywhere <.< >.> <.<
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! hmm, did you say something?
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? Gonen
  9. Why would you name him/her that? Gonen means 'protector, and that is just what he or she will be, a protector
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? the crane, which symbolises loyalty, longevity, intelligence, innovation and honor, but for this being, it represents loyalty and honor more than anything

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 am

I'm going to be honest with you I didn't read your answers until like.. Number.. 10! and then I giggled because of Kratos..

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) In relation to food? I guess like tan/taupe.. I love pasta, and I have IBS so I usually eat whole wheat pastas. I could also go with Schnitzel when thinking about that shade. My stepfather is German and he cooks all that German amazingness :>. Also Clossa AKA Potatoe Dumplings.
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs?
    I couldn't find a bird I liked, because I freaking love birds.
    So let's say my puppy Tesla. She's 50 lbs biggrin . If not slightly less. She's an Australian Shepherd/Labrador Retriever mix with about a snip of Border Collie in her Lab. She's all black with an arrow-marking on her chest and her back middle toes have white tips.
    She likes to pretend she's a cat. Just she doesn't pretend.. As she has three kitties :>.
    And she also retrieves and herds things.
    Have some pictures:
    Being Cute
    Fiance and her
    Her best Buddy
    Cute Puppy Shot!
    When we first Got her
    At 1 Month - She was born to an Australian Shepherd breeding area.. And instead of giving them up to the humane society the breeders gave them away like any other of their puppies. They sold them so that they knew the new owners could afford her.
  3. What is time? Without Time there isn't life or death. Play with it and things can get out of hand.
    Also, Time is that thing that Link has the sword of. biggrin . -Loves Legend of Zelda-
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? ..They're a friend if you're a young person who is lonesome in the bathtub! Or old person if you want to go there biggrin .
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Probably on a date with Where's Waldo. You heard me.
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! I actually like her voice. oD o;.. And I love Navi lol.
    So I just listen to what she has and then press the button to return and continue on my journey!
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? I was going to choose Asher for another basket and I was going to look something up for this one. But Asher would stick for this basket too o uo! If it was a male.
    If it was a female, Farore the goddess of Courage * u*/
  9. Why would you name him/her that?
    Asher - Means Blessed!
    Farore - Going with the Triforce-idea. Her mother is Epona in Soq! And I love Courage/Link :>.
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be?
    Buffalo: Abundance, Strength and Courage.. The Buffalo teaches creativity, sacred knowledge.. It also teaches to survive with courage.

(For amusement.. I am actually part Native Canadian.. and my religion is Spirituality. biggrin . So in the end I believe in the soul and animal totems.. This is a huge chunk of my religion I've had since I was very small <3. It makes me happy to see it's still alive in people today and in RP-characters! My personal animal totem is the Wolf. Not by choice, as many have been taking this as their animal totem personally. Thinking that it should be their's due to a 'favourite animal' status.. Sure enough wolves have become a part of my largest research into animals. But it is by spirituality. My own personal favourite animal is the Owl and the Rabbit before it is the Wolf.

The Wolf chose me spiritually.)

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:22 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) mmm nice green spinach
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? female cheetah, because cheetahs are awesome and specifically female because the males average weight is too much lol
  3. What is time? something I never seem to have enough of to spend on fun .... grrr
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? to make bath time lots of fun mrgreen
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? however much he feels like
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? You know she's actually been in San Diego this whole time, right?
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! tell my husband to answer his phone already, geez
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? her: Alexa Nidawi
    him: Rae Niyol
  9. Why would you name him/her that? her: Alexa means defender, and Nidawi means fairy.
    him: Rae is wise protector. Niyol means wind.
    both: I always give my Soquili 2 names. The N names are in keeping with their parents names. And the others are for their protective guardian type personality. They'll start out keeping a watch over their siblings but it'll spread to others with them being the type friends can turn to when they are troubled or in trouble. This ties into the totem of the lynx.
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? Lynx, the keeper of secrets, guardian, listener, and guide.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) well my favorite colour is blue.. but I don't think I'm understanding this question correctly.
    my favorite food would have to be... french vanilla ice cream with orange juice poured in it? so cream, in that aspect.
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? well deer are my favorite animals, but... since those are too big, sheep! final answer!
  3. What is time? you know, that one thing.
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? camouflage
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? 47 of course
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? in the ball room with the candlestick.
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! no thank. bye for life.
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? him; Ezhno
    her; Malona
  9. Why would you name him/her that? her; because it's sort of a play off of Malon, who teaches you Epona's Song.
    him; I also love Native American culture, so.. bam, Native American name!
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? female; fox for cleverness, intelligence, patience.
    male; deer for peace, adventure, and compassion

musicaloner7
Crew

Romantic Man-Lover

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:42 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) Red. Strawberries, redcurrants, cherries etc
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? the Greyhound, because they're a lot like me... chilled out for 99% of the time unless something spurs them into action.
  3. What is time? I wouldn't know, i never have enough of it to figure out what it is.
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? To keep my kids happy and distracted while i'm trying to scrub them clean after they've been playing in the muck.
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Not a clue, why don't you go and ask one.
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? In a hole in my garden ... i SWEAR she fell in after hearing about some jewels or something else valuable buried there ... it's not MY fault that the soil magically covered her over.. *coughs* >.>
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! *turns sound off on the TV* I'll figure it out myself you annoying fairy. How do i turn these subtitles off?! *rips hair out*
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? Aditsan
  9. Why would you name him/her that? It means Listener, it suits the totem and how i imagine this foal to be, quiet. Listens but doesn't often share what they are told without permission.
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? Lynx - Keeper of secrets, guardian, listener, and guide.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:11 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) Red jello, or blueberries.
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? Vizsla dogs.
  3. What is time? A measure of a moment, be it present, past, or future!
  4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? To keep my kid entertained while he plays in the bath tub!
  5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? The universe would collapse amongst itself, which is why a wood chuck can't chuck wood.
  6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Well she sneaks around the world from Kiev to Carolina!! She's a sticky-fingered filcher from Berlin down to Belize!! She'll take you for a ride on a slow boat to China... Tell me where in the world is Carmen San Diego?!
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! I inadvertently smash the back button on my controller trying to see if I can silence her. Though...I still love her. <3

User Image

8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? Well, for a girl, I thought Nayru (Still a fave.), but it seems a few had the same idea! XD Then I thought Hylian maybe. I like Tetra though if we are going for originality, or one of the twins, Koume or Kotaka. For a boy, I thought Deku. (also mentioned by others..) If I had to come up with something original, I'd go for Majora. My first instinctive choices were Nayru (f) and Deku (m). If I had to pick something that wasn't already picked, Hylian (f) and Majora (m). So yeah! XD ((Side note, Zora or Minish would be cute too! UGH. The LoZ nerd in me is out of control!))
  9. Why would you name him/her that? An obvious LoZ theme. Hylian for the elf like race that make up most of Hyrule, Nayru was the goddess of wisdom, Tetra was Zelda's disguise in Windwaker, Koume and Kotaka were the twins you fought in Ocarina, Deku from the Great Deku Tree or Deku Nuts, Majora is the name of the mask that possesses skull kid. =B
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? A CHICKEN. Because they gave Link a run for his money! Literally. Plus, Chickens are a proud animal, best represented by those found in the wild. They are resourceful and strongly connected to the earth energies

User Image

Lunadriel

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 am

1. What is your favorite color in relation to food? (examples of orange: cantalope, mac and cheese, goldfish) I really like red. Not bright fake-cherry red, but a deep, smooth, rich red the color of pomegranates.
  2. What is your favorite animal that is less than 100lbs and more than 50lbs? Fainting Goats (These weigh around 80-90 pounds fully grown.)
  3. What is time? Simply put, time is the subdivision of the Earth’s rotation based on a system of which the midpoint is the sun’s zenith. This is perhaps the least useful way to understand time and its progression, so I’ll share the viewpoint of someone who knows better than me.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint… It’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

4. What is the purpose of a rubber duck? Rubber ducks were created back in the 19th century with the emergence of rubber manufacturing. The first patent for a rubber duck toy dates to 1886, but the ducks did not gain their iconic appearance until after WWII. Literature dating to the early period of the rubber duck indicates that the toys were created as a use for scrap rubber in large factories or as a cover for factories that made socially taboo items. Early prophylactic factories, for example, would make rubber toys and bill themselves as toy companies to protect the reputations of the factory owner and employees; however, their money actually came from the products they made for adults. The bread and butter of these ‘toy companies,’ ironically enough, would prevent the need to buy toys in the future!

So the original purpose of the rubber duck was to not be wasteful, which then evolved into protecting people who made protection. Nowadays, the rubber duck’s purpose is to give Ernie something to sing about and to make an amusing present.
    On a more personal level, the rubber duck was evocative of my undergraduate dorm’s mascot, and our dorm mom gave them to us every year.

5. How much wood, would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

First, let’s consider the different possibilities of the word chuck. We all know the traditional sense of chuck being used to indicate throwing; however, according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, chuck has a number of other meanings. It is a synonym for cluck; that seems as unlikely as a woodchuck throwing something. Chickens, not woodchucks, are the things that cluck. It is a word meaning ‘to tap under the chin affectionately;’ that is equally unlikely. What use would a woodchuck have for getting affectionate with wood? The third meaning, to pat, can also be ignored, really- why would a woodchuck pat wood? But then we get to the fourth meaning and make some headway.

Chuck can also mean ‘to discard,’ and woodchucks would have every reason to discard wood. By their nature, woodchucks are burrowers, and so would want to remove wood chips and branches and the like from their homes. Ask any gardener who has to live with one.

So that takes care of the wood. Now, let us consider the woodchuck. It is a marmot, a member of the squirrel family, also known as a groundhog in some places. It is thickset and rather large for a squirrel-like beast, and is reputed to be an excellent digger, swimmer, and climber. In these abilities, we can deduce that the woodchuck is a creature of prodigious foreleg strength. While they do not create an extensive tunnel network like moles, their burrows can run five feet deep and up to fifty feet in length. However, a more average size is three feet deep and twenty feet long, and it was discovered by New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas that the average woodchuck moves about 710 pounds of soil each time it builds a burrow. You could stop there, but you have to take into account that these burrows aren’t permanent. Farmers and landowners often chase away the woodchucks and they have to build new burrows. Furthermore, even without human intervention, woodchucks move burrows every few months and are frequently creating new ones. Let’s assume that the average adult woodchuck digs four burrows a year. That means they move 710*4, or 2,840 pounds of soil in a year. Now, you could stop there and say that ‘s the answer to how much wood a woodchuck could chuck, but that would be inaccurate. That’s the answer for soil, which is much less dense and lighter than wood. Wood is a part of soil, and aside from burrowing, a woodchuck would have no reason to discard a material. So what we know about the woodchuck is that in an average year, an average woodchuck chucks an average 2,840 pounds of material.

But how much of that is wood?

Well, that really depends on the soil type. Woodchucks prefer open pastures and lightly-forested woodlots as their habitat, and most soil experts say that the average soil composition for that type of habitat is about 5% organic material. This could mean leaves, dead animals, or wood. Since there hasn’t been a lot of study on the exact breakdown of the organic component of soil in open meadowland and light forest, let’s say for the sake of argument that it’s an even split between dead leaves, dead animals, and bits of stick and bark. One-third of five rounds out to 1.667, so 1.667% of 2,480 is 47.3428 pounds of wood per annum. Since woodchucks live an average of five years, that means that the average woodchuck over the course of its average life chucks 236.714 pounds of wood.

So how much wood does a woodchuck chuck? A little less than 240 pounds over the course of its lifetime. Not bad for a squirrel!

6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Each and every one of those coral-colored dots is a possible location for Carmen Sandiego, according to Google Maps.. But to narrow it down, you’ll have to answer some geography questions.
  7. How do you respond to this? Hey Listen! Hey Listen! Hey Listen! I hit up+C very quickly .
  8. If you win the basket, what would you name him/her? If male, Crispin; if female, Hecate.
  9. Why would you name him/her that? Crispin is a form of Christopher, which is a name that translates to bearer of a hero. Not bearer like mother, but bearer like mount. It’s a fitting name for the son of one who had also carried heroes. Hecate, on the other hand, was the Greek goddess of crossroads. Before starting an adventure, you’d make a sacrifice to ask Hecate for her blessing and protection from bandits. It seemed appropriate, given her parentage.
  10. Nasnan's totem is the wolf for loyalty, and Nakoda's is the eagle for freedom. What would your foal's totem be? If we have to stick to native animals, the puma. If we can go with more exotic species, the mongoose. Either way, the totem is for bravery. (In my humble opinion, the mongoose is braver than the puma. It is easy to be brave if you are so very big, like a puma, but if you are so very small like the mongoose, your bravery means something different.)

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff