Of The Epidemic

Dapper Phantom

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:36 am

My Precioussssss!

Name: Evayin Monrey (F) // Kalius Monrey (M)

Name Meaning: Came up with them off the top of my head.

Temper: Deductive (F)
Cuddlebug (M)

Personality: That depends greatly on the gender, I have never had a case where the gender made such a huge difference on the character. So pardon me. <3

Evayin – Eva is a sharp witted one, with a bit of snark to her. She is never wrong; it isn’t that she is always right, just that you are always wrong. She can have a bit of a sharp tongue and tends to go for the straight forward, brutal honesty approach. She doesn’t sugar coat her thoughts, and if she doesn’t like you, expect her to tell you. She has an analytical mind and loves mysteries, a favorite of which is figuring out how someone died. Murder mysteries are a love for her, and it seems almost like she has an unhealthy obsession with death. If you don’t like it, well tough titties for you; she isn’t about to stop on your account. She is hardheaded and bold, seemingly unafraid of risk, but with a fatal allergy to the mundane. While she doesn’t care if others have their secrets, they really aren’t her forte, and what you see is what you get. She is completely at peace with who she is and if you don’t like it, well, that’s your problem, not hers. She would sooner pick up and leave you in the dust. She believes that the only way for a murder victim to find peace is to solve their ambiguity.

Kalius – Kal is a love bug, and not just in the sense that he loves to cuddle, though he does, in fact, love to cuddle, snuggle, and be just physically close to those he cares about. That aside, he is a dreamer who believes that everyone has someone out there that is meant for them. A true believer in true love, he believes it with every part of his soul. He can be a bit emotional at times, and wears his heart on his hoof in a manner of speaking. He sees the world through rose colored glasses, and insists that there is good in everyone no matter what the case may be. He loves to listen to the woes of others, and finds everyone to be a great big mystery that he simply must figure out. He feels deeply for those that are hurt or in trouble, and goes out of his way to help even a stranger. He comes across as a bit naive and innocent, and for the most part he is, untouched by the cruelties of the world.

Do you Like to RP?: Love to rp! XD I currently don’t have many here and this saddens me, so I would really love to get into some family rps and the like. I have two very good friends here though that I love to rp with. <3 >> Ask anyone, rp is pretty much my favorite hobby. If you would like samples of some of my big rp’s the ones getting upwards of 3 and 4k words per post, I can link them to you. XD Some are offsite, others aren’t, just depends really.

Plots: I tend to enjoy plotting as I go. Developing the character instead of trying to stick to this direct line of transfer, basically letting the character grow on its own. However, there are a few that I feel would be very interesting and sort of an arch that I would like to semi follow. XD I would love love love more family plot, especially with siblings. <3
Are you in love? – Both (Foal)
While it would vary between genders, the plot is basically the same for both. The foal asking their parents if they love each other, depending on their answer and which gender, would make the plot head in a certain direction. It’s key to both genders though, for their later development.

But Grandfather, you must find love! – Male (Foal)
Kal, upon meeting his grandfather, Julius, would feel very deeply about the fact he is always alone and distant from his family. He wouldn’t want that for him at all, and he would badger him about finding someone to be with. He would clearly not be the one Julius would be looking for to carry on the family business, but it would leave a lasting impression with Kal.

You’re so dreary! – Female (Foal)
Eva has never been the polite sort, even when she first popped from the basket, so her first talk with her grandfather wouldn’t go over smoothly I imagine. While she has an unhealthy interest in death and mysteries which would put her closer to her grandfather, I would really prefer her to just flat out tell him he was too dull. She didn’t care really anything for doing whatever this business was, because he simply didn’t sell it well. I feel it would be amusing at the very least.

Mother, I love you, but no. – Female (Young Adult)
Eva knows for a fact she would never be able to adjust to the lifestyle of the flock. It’s interesting, but god does it ever seem boring to her. Her mother’s way of thinking, or the old way she used to think, would drive her batty. This would be the mundane life she would be avoiding. I would really like her to at least visit the flock and meet with a few of the sisters, get a feel for it, perhaps even join in a bit in some areas, but in the end I would really love for her to just come right out to her mother and tell her ‘no, the flock just… isn’t for me. It’s nice and all, but far too dull.’ It would be her like, final stand towards her mother, pushing her over into full adulthood. We all have to break away from our parents and learn how to fly at some point, so to speak.

So Wait, he’s dead?! – Female (Young Adult)
Eva will eventually go into her exploration of the way others die. Exploring death on her own terms, but from a safe stance, in that no one close to her, or anyone she has ever met, died and she investigated it. In this I would really like if someone close to her ‘died’ or was presumed dead. If it was an NPC, they would die, but if someone else would be willing to have their soq ‘kidnapped’ and made to look like they were dead, it would be awesome. This would bring the whole thing around to home base; she would have never had to deal with something like that, causing her a bit of strife. The other would eventually be saved with her help, but it would have shaken her to her core.

I’m not immortal. – Female (Young Adult)
After the above plot, Eva will be shaken and not on her game. She has, up until this point, never really thought of death as an entity that could touch her. It just never occurred to her, but I would really like her to war with her own mortality. It would eventually end with her accepting that she can die and that one day death will come for her, but until that day she is going to continue to live life to the fullest. But it’s sort of an inner look at how her mind works. I feel it would be interesting.

Ouch! – Male (Young Adult)
Kal just doesn’t understand the term ‘pure evil.’ How is this even possible? Something can’t be evil and not know love. He is just positive people aren’t seeing the lighter side in the skinwalker race. I really want him to seek one out, to try and talk to it about his or her feelings and the like. He would, of course, end up with a bite on the nose for his efforts, but it would be a lesson that needed learning. He would not DIE in this, I would have to find someone willing to come to his rescues and help chase the skinwalker off or get him in the all clear. Could be interesting if it was a couple of skinwalker hunters from the flock, but it doesn’t have to be. <3

But I love you – Male (Young Adult)
I really want Kal to get himself tangled up in a love triangle or some other sort of strange love plot. I’m not sure just exactly what type yet, but I know I really want it. He is, after all, the cuddlebug, so I really want him to find either a mare or stallion that doesn’t return his feelings. One that just really would like him to go away and stop with all this mushy nonsense please! Kal would be head over hooves for them, and then enter a third party who winds up liking Kal. Kal, however, as much as he likes them, can’t find it in himself to love them. It would end up hilarious I feel. With Kal following his little crush and the one that had a crush on Kal following him, it just seems like grand fun. Not sure how this would end. Would need to talk to the other owners and figure out where it’s all going. XD

I don’t care, I love you! – Male (Young Adult)
I am toying with the notion that the one Kal actually falls in love with doesn’t make much sense. Be it another male, a mini, a mer, someone where it’s not seen as natural I suppose? Does that make sense? Hope you see what I mean. Anyway, falls in love with that soq, and regardless, I want him to stand by them even if they other refuses his affections on the principle that they can’t be together. I would really love if it was someone that didn’t fully grasp the concept of love. One that was a bit harsher so that he could pull out the gentler side of them and show them that not all things are bad.

Prompt Response: Prompt 1
I will be responding to the Prompt as Kalius. <3

The sun was just starting to fall behind the horizon, the last rays clinging to the earth like outstretched fingers. The moon rose across from it, gliding into the sky, a great splash of white amid the darkening canvas. The stars, little pinpricks of light, like a pen had been pushed through the dark curtain. A breeze had started up around midday and had not stopped, the cool caress now becoming a chill bite with the fading warmth of day.

Kalius found himself nestled at the base of a hill, watching day fade to night and reminiscing of times gone past. It had been a night much like this one, when his mother had first laid him and his siblings to bed with tales of the flock. They had been quite interesting at first, sparking in him a great sense of adventure. A civilization that he was a part of that were elite and he was curious about it, always asking questions from his spot nestled against his mother’s side. He smiled to himself. Oh it had been wonderful at first, but he recalled how quickly it had gone downhill when he learned of some of their practices.

”Mother, are there families like ours there too? I bet it would be just splendid, others like us, being able to fall in love without a care.”

The statement rung out in his head, as that had been what caused the problem. What he had felt was an innocent comment in his youth, not understanding what harpies were fully. He had been horrified to learn of the truth.

”What?!” He cried out in dismay as his mother explained, jumping to his hooves in shock to stare at her. “What do you mean they don’t fall in love? They share!?” Kalius was clearly horrified by this thought, for he trembled slightly and his eyes had become glassy. He took several steps back from his mother, clearly startled by what it was she was trying to explain. “That’s horrible.” He said, a waver in his voice, one that hinted at held back tears as he shook his head. His mother seemed calm, or to him she seemed calm, which made it all the worse in his little heart. How could such a horrible place exist? Why was it his mother seemed so alright with such a terrible injustice to the heart? Too many heavy questions for such a young foal, it had driven him to run.

Kalius shook his head as he snorted. He could still remember that night as if it had been only yesterday. How heart sick he had been, how he had fled from his mother’s side to find someplace to weep silently by himself. Kalius was aware how silly it had seemed at the time, and even now he couldn’t explain it. He had never been able to explain properly why he was such a bleeding heart, how he could so fully believe in true love when he himself had never experienced it.

He had run, run until he thought his legs would give out and his heart might burst in his chest. Each breath was ragged and painful, like pouring lava into his lungs, but how needed it was. Eventually he had stumbled to the ground, curling up against the base of a tree as he wept bitterly. He couldn’t understand how so many would want to live like that, without their true love. Nor could he explain why it hurt him so. Why was it that it tore at his heart to know such a place existed? He had no answers, and the confusion he felt only added to the sorrow on his already heavy heart.

Kalius snorted softly. He had worried his parents into fits that night, not that he had been aware of it at the time. It had been a joy when his parents had found him, his mother to be precise. She had not been pleased, but it had given them a chance to talk one on one with each other, something he wouldn’t have ever traded the world for. He had needed to speak with his mother alone, needed to understand her and for her to understand him.

”I love you mommy.” Kalius whimpered out, pushing himself to his tired hooves to move and tuck his tear streaked face against her side. Kalius didn’t call her mommy often, just when he was extremely upset. “I don’t wanna live like that mommy.” He wailed softly, tucking up under her lower set of wings. “I want true love mommy, like you and daddy.” He pressed into her side, seeking comfort in the female he had looked up to all his life. His mommy was his hero, a goddess among mortals. If anyone would understand him, it was her, he was positive of this.

Kalius pushed himself up. She did understand him, he knew that, even when he didn’t understand himself, she did. Mom knew him better than he did himself sometimes, and despite everything, she seemed to know just what to say. He pawed the earth slightly, shaking out his mane. “I think I’ll go visit her.” He whispered softly to himself, his voice being lost on the breeze.

Anything else?So I know that sorta only lightly follows the first prompt. Orz Sorry about that, but yes, thank you so much for the chance. Hope I didn’t just train wreck Nakita’s character. I know I didn’t really use her a lot, but I don’t know. Just sorta get the feeling that she would be a really good mom and despite everything be willing to listen to her children. e.e If that is like completely wrong, sorry. But yes thank you for this opportunity. <3 It was bunches of fun.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:07 am
This contest is now closed! Thank you all for entering!

Laro and I will try to have a winner here soon!

:} <3

Thalea

Devoted Mage

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 am
Good luck everyone! <33.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:37 am
So Laro and I have come to a decision!

First off I would like to Thank everyone for participating in this contest, I had so many concepts that I liked and it made me wish I had a basket to give all of you, for it would have been an honor to have all of you in the family. But alas, there is only one basket to give.

The winner of the oldest basket is.....

XBlind-DarknessX!!!

Laro and I loved the personality you came up for your Victor/Victoria and your response to the mysterious questions asked by the foal's mysterious grandfather.

We can't wait to rp with you in the future!

So... we have runner ups who we would love to be a part of the family, if they wish to be apart of it that is. We are giving them permission to custom into the family if they so desire.

HyperCandy Loli: I loved your concept for your girl Domitia and all the plots involving the other Heartland soquili.

ladyfirefox89: Your idea of Tait and his ability to hypnotize others was fascinating to me, he seems like he would be a very interesting addition to the family.

Tirokio: When I read your response I was drawn to the idea of his inner "Clock" and how that would affect his memory. Chronos would be a fascinating character to roleplay with.

Again, thank you all for entering and again I wish I could have picked you all!

<3

Thalea

Devoted Mage

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 am
I just want to thank everyone who entered. The quality of character creation and RP was phenomenal. There were so many amazing entries.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:38 am
Aww! Thank you Thalea and Laroawan, I would love to have the possibility to custom into the future :3

Grats Blind! 8D

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 am
baaaw, no win for me x'D.

But its wonderful you guys loved my entry 4laugh I had so much fun with it whee .

And if I ever come up with funds, I would love to join your family *u*.

Ahahahahaha! Imagine, the Angeni of Hypnotism coming from this family rofl . Grandpa would be so proud emotion_awesome .  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 pm
Congratulations Winners!  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:40 pm
Confrazzles  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:30 pm
Congrats Blind! <3

And congrats to the other entries who were picked. I'd love to see you custom in to the family, and when you do I'm banging down your door for roleplay!

I would also like to say thank you to everyone who entered. I might not have any part of this breeding but I own two of the family members in this crazy family. (Anya, Nakita's mother, and Kaia her sister.) It warms my heart to see that so many people wanted to join the family. C: I wish there could have been more baskets to give away!

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:26 am
Holy crackerjacks, I really thought my entry was rather average compared to everyone else! You guys are all amazing writers and I would love to rp with any of you! Thank you so much, I am honored to be part of this family and Victor/Victoria shall look forward to future adventures!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 pm
Congrats Blind!

Thank you so much, really, super stoked that you loved my girls concept. I had so much fun with the entry and I love the family. I'm definitely excited about being granted permission to custom in and would be something I will most likely do in the future. <33

If I ever succeed with the Joker heartland twins. whee
Hehehe. Heartland spazzy fangirl at your service! blaugh blaugh

HyperCandy Loli

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out