Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Main Forum
I joined! ...Now what? Meeting, greeting, and direction Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite part of the hobby?
  The gaming!
  The painting and modeling!
  The literature and background!
  The people! You guys are awesome!
  Everything! I can't choose!
View Results

Sintreri

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 pm
Hallo there! Biri here~ 3nodding

TL;DR
New to 40k
Have a little unpainted army
No idea what I'm doing emotion_c8
Fairly new to RTS too and loving it
Read four 40k books
I draw emotion_yatta
And write pre-Heresy fanfiction... sweatdrop

*Yes, that means you have absolute permission to call me 'Biri', if for any reason you'd rather not spell out Caricature-of-Perfection, or shorten it in any way.
*I'm fairly new to the Warhammer 40k universe, and my surplus of interest and lack of knowledge coupled with my obvious favoritism of the Imperium (for now) has afforded me the pet term 'Babby Marine' (WIP) from my more experienced 40k friends whee
*Via X-mas generosity I've gotten my hands on a little army of Dark Angels, specifically GW's Dark Vengeance box, and I gave the Chaos army to a friend. We had a bit of a simplified mock battle before we'd even finished putting all the pieces together, and according to said friend who recorded us, I was 'smiling in every other frame.'
*She also gave me her collection of 40k books so that I own at least ten of them by now. I've read three:
Tales of Heresy
Horus Rising

&& False Gods
I have just started Galaxy in Flames
*I am a hopeless fangirl of Horus
LUPERCAL
*I've been playing DoW II: Retribution quite a bit lately. Sleep is for the weak. I mostly play the marines, especially since I have painted up some mock Luna Wolves, but I have also dabbled into eldar. I have claimed two victories and numerous losses.
* I've done a bit of drawing regarding 40k stuff, mostly silly stuff or fanfic images. I'm determined to draw marines in spite of my suckish armour-drawing skills because power armour is so inexplicably beautiful emotion_kirakira
*I'm nervous to admit I'm collab-writing a horribly fangirly pre-Heresy to Heresy fan fiction with my aforementioned friend, involving two remembrancers, an iterator, a Luna Wolves company captain, and a Word Bearers chaplain so far, with a princept and tech priest to likely show up later on as well as any others we come up with emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 pm
Hi and welcome aboard, we hope you enjoy your stay! If in doubt, or stuck with a burning question, feel free to ask around, most of us area helpful bunch! wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

TemperamentalGoddess

Shadowy Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:43 pm
Hello,

I'm mainly a painter but I'm trying to build up my first army. It's going to be a Dark Eldar army since it was the army that I was naturally drawn to.

My current painting projects include - repainting a Tyranid army, Sisters squads (and all their faces >.<) and a tank, and whatever I choose for my Dark Eldar army.

(The Sister's and 'Nids don't belong to me)

If anyone wants to see how my painting is going then I will provide links for you all to criticise.

I do want to come up with little back stories for all the units that I paint since I've been given permission from the owner of the other two armies to do so.

I have an interest in the pc games as well (I got a lot of them through the THQ bundle this year on steam).

Anyhoo.... That's a bit about my experience with 40k.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 am
Skaterneogirl
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply, slipped a wee bit under the radar! sweatdrop

Hi and welcome aboard, feel free to poke around and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them! wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Peripety

Dapper Reveler

8,300 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:09 am
Aloha! My name is Sean, but you can call me Peri on account of the username, or just about whatever you want.

My name comes from the english derivation of a tragic element first appearing in Plato's Poetics, stemming from change stemming from being made aware or enlightenment. Really, it is the name of my musical projects so I decided to just be consistent across the board.

I am 18 years old, I play quite a few instruments, and I really just want to be a musician.

However, everyone would do that if they could, so I am currently studying computer programming because it can be a lot of fun to create something from nothing.

I got into Warhammer because a close friend of mine recently bought a set of Blood Angels and accidently sent me on a rampage of "fluff" reading.

My army is currently in development, being a fanon chapter of the codex compliant Space Marines.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:13 pm
Peripety
Aloha! My name is Sean, but you can call me Peri on account of the username, or just about whatever you want.

My name comes from the english derivation of a tragic element first appearing in Plato's Poetics, stemming from change stemming from being made aware or enlightenment. Really, it is the name of my musical projects so I decided to just be consistent across the board.

I am 18 years old, I play quite a few instruments, and I really just want to be a musician.

However, everyone would do that if they could, so I am currently studying computer programming because it can be a lot of fun to create something from nothing.

I got into Warhammer because a close friend of mine recently bought a set of Blood Angels and accidently sent me on a rampage of "fluff" reading.

My army is currently in development, being a fanon chapter of the codex compliant Space Marines.
Welcome! The fluff and background is one of the best aspects about the game, and there's more than enough to keep you busy for a while.

I play a bit of music myself, though I haven't had a chance to pick up my violin in years. ^^; Busy times!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

lord-kensington

Dapper Guildsman

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 am
Salutations one and all!

I'm Lord-Kensington, fanatically English and ever so posh.

That aside, I am very much in touch with my inner Nerd (and proud of it!).
I began my sordid love affair with 40K back when I was but a whelp of 12 years. I was given the 3rd edition starter kit for Christmas (the one with Marines and Dark Eldar) and was hooked.
I collected a few models here and there, not really interested in playing the game, more for the assembly and painting.
It wasn't until I went to University that my hobby lust really flared up.

I now have a sizeable Marine force and Guard army, which I shipped out with me when I moved to Australia. (Well worth the expense!)
I play as and when I can, work permitting. transport is an issue and until I get a car I'm limited to the size of battles I can play. Soon my compatriots, soon! emotion_awesome

Aside from the miniatures I am also a keen Dark Heresy player and am now flexing my muscles as a GM for a campaign I'm running with some chums. so far it's going very well.

My activity on this forum is somewhat limited, I occasionally post pics of minis and comment on the latest rumours, but I'm more interested in the Roleplaying sub-forum (I have a GAME up and running if people want to join - HINT HINT xp )

So I bid all you newcomers a hearty greeting. I'll see you in there!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:56 am
lord-kensington
Salutations one and all!

I began my sordid love affair with 40K back when I was but a whelp of 12 years. I was given the 3rd edition starter kit for Christmas (the one with Marines and Dark Eldar) and was hooked.
I collected a few models here and there, not really interested in playing the game, more for the assembly and painting.

I now have a sizeable Marine force and Guard army, which I shipped out with me when I moved to Australia. (Well worth the expense!)
I play as and when I can, work permitting. transport is an issue and until I get a car I'm limited to the size of battles I can play. Soon my compatriots, soon! emotion_awesome

Aside from the miniatures I am also a keen Dark Heresy player and am now flexing my muscles as a GM for a campaign I'm running with some chums. so far it's going very well.

My activity on this forum is somewhat limited, I occasionally post pics of minis and comment on the latest rumours, but I'm more interested in the Roleplaying sub-forum (I have a GAME up and running if people want to join - HINT HINT xp )

Hey-o, not much for you since I know you've been around. wink Just keep on people about that RP, it looks like it's off to a good start!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

lord-kensington

Dapper Guildsman

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 pm
DarkElf27
lord-kensington
Salutations one and all!

Hey-o, not much for you since I know you've been around. wink Just keep on people about that RP, it looks like it's off to a good start!

You should join.... emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:31 pm
Greetings!

I am oKitteno and if you personally want to get to know me just read my profile and message or IM. I'm merely introducing myself to the Guild here and I play Dark Eldar from 40k. I'm not a VET of the game and I have a local group in which I play with at a gaming shop/store. Whatever you might call it, lol. whee

I'm pretty much set on my army but eventually will build more, unfortunately I don't play that often but there's a lot going on in my life that I cannot game every weekend, let alone once a month. That's more personal business though so don't mind that so much.

Anyways, hello all others and hopefully we'll have fun. heart

MochiiMon

Interesting Genius

2,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 pm
oKitteno
Greetings!

I am oKitteno and if you personally want to get to know me just read my profile and message or IM. I'm merely introducing myself to the Guild here and I play Dark Eldar from 40k. I'm not a VET of the game and I have a local group in which I play with at a gaming shop/store. Whatever you might call it, lol. whee

I'm pretty much set on my army but eventually will build more, unfortunately I don't play that often but there's a lot going on in my life that I cannot game every weekend, let alone once a month. That's more personal business though so don't mind that so much.

I know Dark Eldar got a bunch of new kits in recent times, so that must be fun. I can definitely sympathize with not having all the time necessary to keep up as much as you want to, though. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 pm
DarkElf27
oKitteno
Greetings!

I know Dark Eldar got a bunch of new kits in recent times, so that must be fun. I can definitely sympathize with not having all the time necessary to keep up as much as you want to, though. whee

Yeah, it sucks not being able to do more but I do love the Eldar, very fun and evil. Muhahaha. cat_pirate  

MochiiMon

Interesting Genius

2,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50

r0guish

Hilarious Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:42 am
Hey, all. I'm all kinds of new to Warhammer, and plan on getting into Fantasy in about a week ( don't even have my books yet xD ). But I'm looking to be Skaven, so I waw wondering if anyone could give me some thoughts on the composition of a starting army.. Like.. What I should get. I know that's kind of counter-productive to the nature of the game - but I love all the Skaven units, and aside from just dumping money on buying all the units in mass - not sure what I really need and whatnot.

Anyway.. I'm also new to painting and there's no end to the help I could use as far as tips and tricks go. I may be new but I'm really specific about how things look ( weird, right? ).

Anyway.. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to posting it up here. Especially once I actually know what I'm talking about.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:09 am
Frenzy of Death
Hey, all. I'm all kinds of new to Warhammer, and plan on getting into Fantasy in about a week ( don't even have my books yet xD ). But I'm looking to be Skaven, so I waw wondering if anyone could give me some thoughts on the composition of a starting army.. Like.. What I should get. I know that's kind of counter-productive to the nature of the game - but I love all the Skaven units, and aside from just dumping money on buying all the units in mass - not sure what I really need and whatnot.

Anyway.. I'm also new to painting and there's no end to the help I could use as far as tips and tricks go. I may be new but I'm really specific about how things look ( weird, right? ).

Anyway.. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to posting it up here. Especially once I actually know what I'm talking about.
Heya, welcome to the guild!

For Skaven, as far as army advice goes, there's a couple places you could go. There's the Skaven thread, which I see you've discovered already. Once you've got a basic list set up, you can put it up for review in the Army List Review sticky.

As for painting, there's plenty of good painters in the guild, and different threads about a couple different techniques. There's a Painting Advice sticky, and several very good painters have project threads where you could ask about their methods and techniques.

Hope that helps!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Wodzu

Aged Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:41 pm
Hi, Wodzu aka Kais here. I'm in painting and modeling for six years now. I mostly paint figures for myself or friends, and think of them more as a collectors item than playing figures. However, i used to play with Tau and Grey Knights, but it was at the beginning o my adventure smile .

Right now i just buy every figure which i find nice looking and since i dont play with them, i can paint them as i want, so it could look the best way smile . Also love to model the bases, especially when i dont have anything useful, and i have to do some rocket science with it wink

For 15 years i also play in board RPGs, and about 6 years in MtG.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff