Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonflight: An Alternative Pern (Old Guild)

Back to Guilds

A B/C Pern Roleplay 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Roleplay, Breedables 

Reply Trine Weyr
{Lesson ORP} Playing with..... Finger Paints? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:44 am
TawnyAngel

Roscoe had patiently been trying to sort out which dragons were still without painters - a task which became somewhat easier when the groups settled around their chosen dragons. A brown without a group surrounding him and an older rider caught his attention. Was that one of the Benden browns? He was pretty sure it was and that seemed like a safe bet to Roscoe.

Walking towards the pair he nodded his head respectfully at the pair. "Would you and your dragon mind if I worked on him Sir?" He asked the rider.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 am
Dizzy_Kat

No, the dragon responded. F'nell would not disapprove. I just think it might be fun to surprise him with this. The brown could just imagine the reaction that he would get from his rider, his eyes swirling in amusement. He did not get to surprise his rider very often.

So the boy was a harper. He seemed rather quiet for a harper, but Krith didn't mind that. There was just something he liked about the boy. The dragon pondered the boy's question for a moment, and then answered. What do you like best about being a harper?  

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Dizzy_Kat
Crew

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:23 pm
moonlit-raven

Ailin

Ailin smiled as he worked, moving from the brown's face down his neck. "F'nell." Ailin fixed the name in his mind. Should the man showed up it'd be rude to know his dragon's name but not his.

"Mmmm." There was an interesting question. Really there was a great deal he enjoyed about being a harper. He wasn't even sure if dragonriding was for him. The idea of a lifelong companion was appealing, but he had Jerint now. The little flit, named after a long dead MasterHarper was the best thing to happen to Ailin in the past few months. If that was all he obtained from leaving the Harper Hall then Ailin could at least consider it a worthwhile trip. Even now he could feel the flit nearby, playing with a wild faire but keeping an eye on him none-the-less.

While there was plenty he enjoyed Ailin knew what he liked best. It was the one thing he could always be sure of. He became aware again of the comforting weight of the flute between his shoulder blades. "The music." The normally sedate child's voice took on a faint echo of reverence. "What I like best is the music. It doesn't matter what song it is. When I'm playing I'm happy." A few of his teachers had chided him for that, saying he played more for himself when music was intended to be played for others. Ailin wasn't too bothered by it. If people wanted to listen to his music they could. If they didn't then they didn't have to. He wasn't one to seek fame or recognition for his talent. He did play for himself and that's all that mattered.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:10 am
JetAlmeara

Well, at least somebody had some respect; it didn't surprise him that said respect came from somebody with a Benden accent. F'itz turned to the young man and nodded in return. "You would be most welcome to do so, boy. I am F'itz and my dragon is Brumath; what is your name?"

F'itz replied, shooting a glance up at his dragon.

All he really wanted was Benden back, Benden with its echoing halls and long proud history. It was all he had ever known, he had never been away more than a sevenday until he was first sent here to Trine to watch over the Healers as the investigated the problem of infertility. He missed his home. He didn't like change.

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:04 pm
Wykla and Kameth
If it wouldn't of hurt anyone's feelings she might have giggled. First F'itz then surprisingly Z'fer. Wykla managed to keep her face straight as Z'fer stressed her title. "Yes I believe all will be in order Wingleader Z'fer." Her eyes did harden as he dismissed the two male riders. "I would expect a candidate to greet riders appropriately," her tone chided him.

"As such I can oblige you. There is a dark blue at the far edge of the field. You may paint him. His name is Zurith. Oh and Carltis? I expect you to be on time and presentable for the next lesson." She gave a nod to send him on his way. Who would she send to Calanoth and Brumath? Wykla glanced around and spotted a candidate coming over. He knew where he was going though. Excellent, there was someone for Brumath.

The bright blue was mildly surprised no one had jumped in to claim panting the bronze. Or perhaps there was so much more of him to paint. It was an amusing thought. Mine will look for someone suitable Calanoth, Kameth promised the bronze. He nodded as Zurith bespoke him. Mine the dark blue at the edge of the field has no one. Kameth supplied hintedly to His. He rumbled approval at Roscoe.

Zurith
He turned his attention from the painting occuring at his table to look toward Kameth. I am currently without, but in no hurry.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:28 pm
Dizzy_Kat

There was little for the dragon to do than to just lie still, and he listened to what the boy had to say. Enjoying music was a good thing for a harper, but he felt like the boy was meant for more than that. Maybe even worthy of being partner to a dragon.

I am fond of music as well. Will you play for me when you are finished painting? It was not often that the dragon found himself in the position to request something of a harper, even a not fully trained one like Ailin. I would appreciate that very much.  

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Dizzy_Kat
Crew

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:54 pm
Z'fer

"Goat Wrangling..." Z'fer murmered arching an eyebrow at the odd tale. He let it go as Wykla could handle it on her own. He was just there to provide support... and remind the candidate of his position on the totem pole. He didn't bother to hide the smirk as Wykla easily dismissed the older lad. At the moment he felt rather proud of his wingrider. It was good to be around Malvren folk. Z'fer sat back against one of the sturdier tables behind Wykla. With C'rci sleeping and Cal close to joining her he found he had nothing to do himself but watch the kiddies at their fun.

Calanoth rumbled in amusement. ~ There's no rush Kameth. ~

Ailin

He paused in his painting, blinking as he turned back to the brown's head. "If you want to listen I'll play. I didn't know dragon's enjoyed music..." Before he'd flown a-dragonback from the Harper Hall to Trine Weyr Ailin and his brother's had barely ever seen a dragon. They were small cotholders from the outskirts of Atlini Hold. To have a conversation with a dragon, to hear Krith ask intelligent questions and even request to hear him play... It was more than the boy had ever known the great beasts capable of. Most at the Weyr assumed so much as common knowledge, there were huge gaps in what he actually knew about dragonkind.

With another human the conversation may have ended there, but a touch of curiosity got the better of Ailin as he explored this new thought. "Do you have other interests?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:27 am
Dizzy_Kat

The dragon rumbled with amusement. Many dragons enjoy music. It is pleasant to listen to, and our riders also enjoy it.

His interests? He had never had anyone ask him about that before, and the brown was silent for a moment while he thought. What did he like to do? I like to fly," he said at last, "especially if I'm racing, or chasing. It was perhaps a very dragon response, but the male had never really thought about what he liked to do. I enjoy swimming too.

His eyes whirled happily, an idea coming to him. He really liked this one, and while he didn't normally have much interest in people, maybe he'd just have to keep a close eye on this one. Have you been on many flights since coming to the weyr?  

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Dizzy_Kat
Crew

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:28 pm
Ailin

Ailin couldn't help but shake his head with a smile and a laugh. If was a very draconic response and really he shouldn't have expected too much more. That really was all he ever saw dragons doing after all. That and sleeping that is. The revelation that they could enjoy music had made him think there was potentially more intellectually there than he'd been told. He didn't think them dumb... but he might have had his hopes up for a moment.

Ailin could claim enjoyment of none of those things that pleased Krith. He'd flown but once, and when it came to boyhood competitions... well he was never the victor among his older and larger brothers. His experiences with running usually involved running FROM one of them and they were too far from any swimmable water source. The one creek that supplied their small farm was too small to form a swimming hole anywhere along it's length.

"No. I've only ridden a-dragonback once." He might have been taken from the weyr during the revolution. Some of the dragons that had stayed behind took the time to rescue weyrfolk from the fighting, but none asked him so he didn't go.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:23 am
Carltis gave Z’fer a big smile that had rather a lot of teeth. “Yes sir, goat wrangling, just another of my chores. I always seem to get assigned ones to do with heavy labour and wrangling disagreeable animals, I can’t imagine why they’d think I’d be good at that... I am a Harper not a Beastcrafter after all." Yes, he had been referring to their wrestling match but so obliquely that if Z’fer brought it up - in Carltis’ opinion - he’d just look petty and bitter... again. It wasn’t wise to niggle at a Wingleader, but Carltis was often better at being a smartarse than he was at being smart. "I suppose I just look too much of a brawler for them to trust me with anything related to detail or cognition. And of course candidatemaster,” he turned then to Wykla, “I’ll try to remember proper respect for my betters in future. And to avoid getting delayed by livestock. Now if you will excuse me m’am, sir, I'd better go and get on with the task at hand.”

Harper trained Carltis sounded perfectly sincere in his words to both riders, but that overly large smile remained. Nevertheless he threw a very smart salute to Z’fer, a less stiff (more internally genuine, i.e. even vaguely genuine) one to Wykla before turning on his heel and heading over to his target dragon.

“Hey!” he called as he approached the dark blue. “Zuirth, is it? I’m Carltis, I’ve been assigned to wound you with paint; sorry I’m late, there were disagreeable goats to deal with.” Such as Z’fer.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 pm
Zurith
Kameth was as good as his word. A short while later, very short Zurith noted, a male candidate came his way. He eyed the lad with blue eyes then nodded slowly. The blue stretched himself out to make reaching the higher points easier. He gave a rumble at the mention of disagreeable goats. Zurith was positive he could make them agreeable.  
TawnyAngel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 am
[roll = neck]

"Well yes," Carltis replied to the rumble, "that's what I said. Well, actually I cursed a lot but close enough." Hu. What was the point of this exercise then? Paint wounds on dragons because... it... taught you...? Eh, maybe this was supposed to be one of those 'for fun' things.

Shrugging slightly Carltis dunked his hand into a bucket of paint and started to adorn Zuirth's neck with scars; now art he could do! Bold sweeps of his arm streaked the dark hide with colour, matching the pattern of wounds and scars he'd seen up close on Berath because it was always easier to work with a good real life example.

"So do you mind?" he asked as he worked. "What I mean by that is being a blue, being denied things bigger dragons can have. Does it ever get your - pardon my pun - goat?" He didn't exactly expect a reply but he thought he might as well ask.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:28 pm
Zurith
He listened with mild amusement, compairing this boy with his rider. His never spoke outloud so much. The blue could feel the paint being applied and wondered how it looked. Maybe he would have His come and look after it was done.

No, he replied simply, I am what I am, and I am a blue. He was a dragon and he had His. With greens to chase, what more did he need? Those with power often had more secrets revealed than they kept. He liked his secrets thank you very much. However, the question gave him food for thought and he watched Carltis. Such a boy struck him as ambitious. Should he Impress a bronze, or maybe a brown, he could go far. On the other foot should he Impress to a green or blue he could easily be denied that power. The question became would he accept it or smolder?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 pm
...Well that was unexpected.

The dragon had spoken to him.

Carltis paused with paint dripping onto the ground for a moment before setting to again. "Do all blues feel like that? And would you feel like that if you had the chance or have you just learned, decided, or been indoctrinated into accepting your fate?" A pause, more paint on his hand. "And there's another thing, do you know why bronzes and browns reject men with even a hint of liking other men about them? Same for golds and women. It creates a very skewed system, as I'm sure you realise. The whole system of shinies shagging each other for the top spots is mad, but hey! That's dangerous revolutionary talk these days isn't it?" A bold print of his hand made the start of a big scar where a chunk of hide had just been ripped away, and he smoothed it and shaped it a bit with his palm before touching up with his fingers. "Does it never make you angry? Never? Nothing changes here Zurith, and the one sharding time somebody tries to make it change they do it stupidly."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 pm
Dizzy_Kat

That is unfortunate. The brown responded, flicking his tail. Would you like to fly? I will take you anytime you would like. F'nell would understand. In exchange for you playing music? He knew some humans didn't like gifts, and preferred to trade for services. He would fly the boy anyways, if he asked, since he liked him, but he didn't have to know that.  
Trine Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff