Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
So, what have I been up to? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you finished college?
  no I'm in high school
  no i'm in college though
  i have an associates degree
  i have a bachelor's degree
  i have a graduate degree
  masters degree
  I don't plan on going to college.
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:18 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok
Not if the criteria for diagnosin' it is utter s**t.

In the past, the way for diagnosin' illnesses was even more s**t. If you were homosexual, you were seen as havin' a mental disease that needed to be cured. We now know that that is a complete lie, and (hopefully) people will realize the same thing about many mental disorders. They're gonna be takin' aspergers out soon.
THEY ******** BETTER NOT BE TAKING IT OUT!!!!!!! I ******** HATE DEALING WITH AND TALKING WITH PPL!!!!!!!!!!! MY CONDITION IS SERIOUS!!!!!!! ASPERGERS IS LIKE AUTISM, IF NOT MIMICS IT!!

Right now, aspergers is just a lesser form of autism. In other words, it's people who are socially awkward and are too lazy to learn how to interact with people.

And that's my whole view on mental disorders. The majority of the time, it's people who have some sort of "problem" that deviates from some imaginary definition of a "perfect" person, and instead of actually doin' somethin' about it to better themselves, they give up and label themselves with some "illness" because it's so much easier than actually doin' somethin' about it.
Then, they shove pills down their throats that turn them into a shell of a person with all sorts of side effects, and they think its made them better.

Also, I know I'm generalizin'. There are some legitimate people with legitimate difficulties, and other people use medication to help them get back on their feet and then ween of 'em. For most people, though, it just makes me sick how people can come up with such ridiculous excuses and just give up on themselves.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:23 pm
Phew. Gettin' my blood pressure up. I should not get into such debates when drinkin'. I just end up angry. xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 pm
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok

In the past, the way for diagnosin' illnesses was even more s**t. If you were homosexual, you were seen as havin' a mental disease that needed to be cured. We now know that that is a complete lie, and (hopefully) people will realize the same thing about many mental disorders. They're gonna be takin' aspergers out soon.
THEY ******** BETTER NOT BE TAKING IT OUT!!!!!!! I ******** HATE DEALING WITH AND TALKING WITH PPL!!!!!!!!!!! MY CONDITION IS SERIOUS!!!!!!! ASPERGERS IS LIKE AUTISM, IF NOT MIMICS IT!!

Right now, aspergers is just a lesser form of autism. In other words, it's people who are socially awkward and are too lazy to learn how to interact with people.

And that's my whole view on mental disorders. The majority of the time, it's people who have some sort of "problem" that deviates from some imaginary definition of a "perfect" person, and instead of actually doin' somethin' about it to better themselves, they give up and label themselves with some "illness" because it's so much easier than actually doin' somethin' about it.
Then, they shove pills down their throats that turn them into a shell of a person with all sorts of side effects, and they think its made them better.

Also, I know I'm generalizin'. There are some legitimate people with legitimate difficulties, and other people use medication to help them get back on their feet and then ween of 'em. For most people, though, it just makes me sick how people can come up with such ridiculous excuses and just give up on themselves.

I AM ONLY TALKING WITH YOU NOW BECAUSE THIS IS GAIA AND MESSAGING ONLINE!!! IF you met me in real life I wouldn't even go near you or talk with you then.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm
though the DMS is changing in the spring. mostly it's just rewording and recategorizing. you can see the changes, it's done by a team of psychologists of a variety of schools.

http://www.dsm5.org/Pages/Default.aspx

Feeling a problem is severe isn't the same as if the medical society considers it a disorder or not. These are trained professionals with phd's, they need to create a general overview that psychologists can use as guidelines for assessing individuals.  

Tree_Spirit 5

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok

I AM ONLY TALKING WITH YOU NOW BECAUSE THIS IS GAIA AND MESSAGING ONLINE!!! IF you met me in real life I wouldn't even go near you or talk with you then.

Then learn to ********' talk to people. I used to be exactly the same way. I was horrible at talkin' to people. Even now, I can't even order pizza unless it's online because I can't stand usin' the phone to talk to people.
However, in the past, it was even worse. I could never talk to people. Also, every ********' person cusses at people if they give you a hard time. It's called bein' angry. And usually, when you're angry, you tend to not care what happens, because you're ANGRY.

But you know what, I've slowly learned over the years how to talk to people. I left my comfort zone and ********' learned. I purposely took on jobs and situations where I was forced to talk to people, because I knew it was the only way to learn. I didn't hide behind some fake-a** disorder. I changed. I'm still not the best, but I'm gettin' better.

It ain't a disorder. You're just a ********' lazy person who thinks you can live your whole life pretendin' like nothin' is your fault.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Tree_Spirit 5
though the DMS is changing in the spring. mostly it's just rewording and recategorizing. you can see the changes, it's done by a team of psychologists of a variety of schools.

Feeling a problem is severe isn't the same as if the medical society considers it a disorder or not. These are trained professionals with phd's, they need to create a general overview that psychologists can use as guidelines for assessing individuals.

Psychologists or psychiatrists? There's HUGE difference.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Tree_Spirit 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 pm
Semok
Tree_Spirit 5

mmm that's true. i focused on teaching, not psychology, so, i may be incorrect in which word i mean.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:35 pm
Also, I'm done with this argument. I've said these things a million times, and it won't change anythin'. Aoi will still hide behind an imaginary illness, claimin' that nothin' is his fault and he acts like an a*****e because he apparently lacks the human capacity to ********' GROW UP.

I also realize some irony in my statement, since my gettin' angry is just as childish. xd  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm
Tree_Spirit 5
Semok
Tree_Spirit 5

mmm that's true. i focused on teaching, not psychology, so, i may be incorrect in which word i mean.

Psychiatrists are the ones who diagnose mental disorders and prescribe medication. Psychologists use alternative methods to help people.

The main difference, which is what pisses me off the most, is that Psychiatrists don't learn psychology (or at least, they only learn a very small amount). Psychiatrists only learn how to diagnose disorders and what medication to prescribe. They don't usually learn about alternative methods, they don't learn about psychology, and yet they are the ones in charge of puttin' people on mind-alterin' medications, most of which we are still unaware of all of the effects.

I don't know why, but I seem to be the only one who sees a huge error in this method.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm
YOU SAY ASPERGERS IS A FAKE IMAGINARY DISORDER? NO IT ******** ISN"T!!!!!!!!!! IT IS A SERIOUS DISORDER RELATED TO AUTISM!!! HOW THE ******** DARE YOU SAY THAT IT IS A FAKE DISORDER!!!!!! ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU IF I MET IN REAL LIFE I WOULD PROBABLY NOT WANT TO TALK TO BUT IF I DID TALK WITH THEM IT WOLDN"T END WELL WHERE I WOULD END UP BAD MOUTHING THEM AND SAYING MEAN THINGS TO THEM!!! BUt hey, at least I know what a straight line is. rolleyes  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:48 pm
I can't believe that you seriously think that's a disorder.
Oh no, you have trouble talkin' to people in real life and you've spent your whole life only talkin' to people online.

Oh yeah, that must be a disorder, since everyone in the world is just magically perfect at communicatin' with people in real life.

Yeah, apparently bein' socially awkward is a disorder now, and you're supposed to be brilliant at talkin' to people, without any experience, the moment you come out of the ********' stupid.

NEWSFLASH! Talkin' to people takes experience and practice, just like EVERYTHIN' ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 pm
If my counselors and doctors and parents in stuff saw what I did in 2007-2008 in s**t online here on Gaia they would probably lock me up at mental places.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
If my counselors and doctors and parents in stuff saw what I did in 2007-2008 in s**t online here on Gaia they would probably lock me up at mental places.

So now bein' an attention-seekin' adolescence is a mental disorder?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser

No a crazy person who thinks people who don't see like him is evil and should die is normal?

What I did back then is repetitive behavior to the core.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:01 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser

No a crazy person who thinks people who don't see like him is evil and should die is normal?

What I did back then is repetitive behavior to the core.

Wasn't repetitive, especially that colour s**t. It's why I was orginally banned. I had proved that you called the same colour two different colours in two separate posts, showin' that you weren't as obsessed with what colour somethin' was as you wanted us to believe.

Also, you seem to admit even to yourself that you've gotten better, meanin' that it isn't some disorder you'll have for the rest of your life. It's somethin' you can learn to overcome, just like most adolescence who acts like idiots when they're younger.

You should have seen the s**t I pulled in my cafe on here. I used to threaten to kill myself if people upset me. SOUND FAMILIAR?!  
River of Polls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff