This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012
{ ORP } The Lotus Pavilion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
lamoxlamae rolled 1 100-sided dice: 63 Total: 63 (1-100)

lamoxlamae

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:09 pm
[Entering]

Ceil entered the pavilion. She was looking everywhere, over everything. Her brow was furrowed with thought as if something was on her mind. Something she couldn't quite put together yet, but she sure was trying.

The chubby ghoul was a mess to say the least. Her long velveteen skirt and soft flowing shirt were torn and stained with blood. Her socks were dust-covered, shoes missing. She was covered in bruises and light scratches, her short brown hair matted with leaves. A scroll was in her right hand.

She paused as she saw the small military field. "This wasn't here before..." she said. She bit her lip nervously as she came closer to the pavilion's edge. She gazed out over the field, her hand resting on a guard rail. As her hand rested, the fingers touched something... a horseman point. She slipped the point into her pocket and continued to think for a few moments.  
Face your demons rolled 1 100-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:15 pm
[[ ENTERING ]]

As soon as she set foot in the area, Amarus was overjoyed. It took a considerable amount of concentration not to leap off the platforms and right into the water; she'd already been scolded for that once, however. Instead, she got down flat on her stomach at one of the points closest to the water, draping herself over the edge of a bridge so she could stare down into the water, and try to reach one of the lotuses.

If she could just touch one of them, she would be extremely happy for a very long time. That was really all it would take...! Amarus was teetering dangerously close to the edge, though perhaps being on her stomach was all the balance she could possibly need. Still, she was too busy to think about the possibility of being bowled over into the water.

A group of students somewhere nearby caught her eye: they seemed... stressed out. Amarus, for her part, felt happy and calm off into the distance. Being around the lotuses did that. She could not shake the feeling that something was not quite right, however... Once Faustus and Olivia had arrived, she would surely ask: "Do you two think... something is going on?" she mumbled, quietly, never taking her eyes off the blossoms once she looked down again. And then, looking up for her friends, "It means a lot to me that you would let us return here, first."

Higher words of gratitude than she had ever bestowed upon anything -- living, dead, or inanimate. Looking up to find her friends' faces, she noticed the painting on a pavilion she had seen last time, too: this time, she lingered a little longer. It seemed to hold new meaning.

xoxomenai
OK, so we'll need to pace ourselves pretty elegantly if we want to make it to other isles xD; Give me a time limit or a post limit and we'll do that then move on? <3 NOT TO RUSH US xD But if you two lovely people want your kids to see War, or you want to drag them all off to Famine, we'll be cutting it tight xD;

chirigami

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Eight rolled 1 100-sided dice: 97 Total: 97 (1-100)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:21 pm
Now Sammy had Junko worried. She didn't want to leave the Isle of Conquest but the footprints, the silence, the lack of clansmembers...it was rather unnerving. She looked around again, looking for any sign of anything out of the ordinary. She didn't see anything...just the usual. Beautiful architecture, rich land..

Maybe if she talked to Invictus. He was around here somewhere, right? Junko frowned. "I'll...see you guys later. Maybe if I...hm..I'll just..." She didn't like this. "I'll see you guys later.."

((Exit, yo))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:23 pm
"Someone left this behind for a reason. Why would Horsemen hide kits of pumpkin pills unless someone was trying to give us something for what ever is about to happen." She glanced around again, "Back on War... Siddie, I went to that room. The one with the glyphs. It... it tried to eat my FEAR, it had to be a weapon of some kind."

She shook her head closing her eyes, "The things that room made me see. Something might be happening, and I bet it has to do with those. I bet the clans aren't even in the spire, I bet they went to that glyph room to use it. We're just stuck her like humans in cages..."

"We need to find someone, or get back to the island of War. We need to make sure something isn't happening."

Miliardo Kason

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:26 pm
Chuckling, Faustus followed behind, right through the portal and into the lotus pavilion. It was beautiful as always, just like he had left it. Amarus was already fawning over the lotuses by the water's edge. He smiled to see her enjoying herself so.

"It was no problem," he smiled, stepping forward. "I really like this place too ... despite the water." He added a bit hesitantly, cheeks warming. "It ... was where I first met the two of you."

The demon eyed the commotion going on around them. "... Now that you mention it ... it does seem like there's always something going on here, even in the calm ..."

{{OOC: Maybe 3 posts?? ... 2 seem too short OTL ... or ehh, max one hour each?? Plus there's apparently a parcel chance going on on the observation post of War, it'll be a good idea to drop by}}

Face your demons

chirigami

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:31 pm
Shehk gave Sammy an uncertain look but didn't say anything, frowning lightly as she moved to walk around a bit more. She wasn't ready to jump to any sort of conclusion about any of the Horsemen's actions. They had their reasons.

There were methods.

She didn't have enough knowledge either which way about what was going on and she wasn't going to judge quite yet. While her feelings were easy to read, she didn't share her personal thoughts so openly as she moved away from the undead ghoul. Junko had already taken her leave, and it sounded like Sammy and Siddie needed some alone time.

[[Exit]]  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

chirigami rolled 1 100-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-100)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:42 pm
[[entering]]

"It's fine... I like it here. There isn't any lava." Olivia nodded when she reached the pavilion with the others.

The sight of the lotuses in the cool beautiful waters brought a fresh smile to Olivia's face. It was strange how Ouranus' words always seemed to spark in her mind whenever she saw them now. Though, now that she was recalling him and with the tension that Amarus was speaking of, she had to wonder if he had forseen something now. Creatures of Halloween were often able to, and his words were rather cryptic.

Were they really omens? She had to wonder as she turned briefly to the other group of students before turning back to her own. "I don't really know, I'm sorry... I'm not very good at picking up things." She told them. There was a stirring in the air, perhaps...

Her eyes followed Amarus' line of sight a second time, towards one of the pavilion roofs. Nothing seemed off there either, she had to wonder why the lotus eater had looked there until she noticed a rather odd painting. As beautiful and tranquil as this place was, that one did not fit the mood of the place. "That painting though..." She whispered, a little unnerved by how graphic it was.

[[ooc: that seems alright to me! I'll try my best in keeping up *at work between sketches* >>;]]

[[Olivia gains 2 points!]]
xoxomenai

Face your demons

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:08 pm
Sammy could only watch as Junko and Shehk slipped away, her shoulder slid down slowly and she paced a bit in the dirt. "They must think I'm crazy..."  

Miliardo Kason

Avian Serpentine

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 pm
Clyde let out a yawn before leaving the area, the serene nature of the area is making him sleepy. He has other places to explore.

[Exit]

Face your demons rolled 1 100-sided dice: 49 Total: 49 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm
As Faustus spoke, Amarus managed to lean in just enough to brush her fingertips against one of the lotus blossoms. She shivered, and then smiled, her eyes softening. That felt better. Just being around them at all had repaired any fading emotion she had been able to show. Would it be like a drug always, then? It was funny to know that she, herself, had fallen prey to the same effect she had over others in the school proper: the lotus smoke was mildly addictive, because it was so comforting, and it was part of her ability that whoever spent too much time around with her would find they missed her presence. Not her personality, or talking to her, just... the smoke itself. The essence of lotus that flowed through her, sustained her.

"It is funny that one of you should seem to dislike fire, and the other feel discomfort around water," she said to them, rolling over onto her back to look up at them. Her bound hair dangled off the bridge, charm reflecting in the water. "Yes," she said, "though there was something strange going on in War as well." Nothing like the FEAR cavern they had been in a while back, though.

If Amarus had been able to know what Olivia was saying, she would have asked her what portent lotus blossoms were supposed to represent, or what omen. It would interest her. As it was, she could only reply, "Was there lava in ... Death?" Strange. Though she liked fire, she didn't care for lava.

"Yes, the painting is a little odd, I saw it last time we were here. War had a very similar image. They seem to make their violent tendencies apparent particularly through art," Amarus added, refusing to get to her feet just yet. She rolled back over and played with one of the flowers again.

Idly, looking up, she realized that many areas, especially the palace, had been sectioned off... the more she looked around, the more something was off. Amarus got to her feet, the lotus flower bliss giving way to an immense sense of calm, and the knowledge that they may have to be prepared for something beyond their abilities. She tried not to think of that gun... "Look at that," she said, gesturing with the side of her hand towards all the sectioned-off areas. Perhaps nothing out of the usual for Conquest, given they seemed to like to keep the students from getting anywhere interesting, but... had they been there before?

[[OOC: One horseman point!]]

chirigami

xoxomenai

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

prolixity rolled 1 100-sided dice: 97 Total: 97 (1-100)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm
"You're not crazy," Siddie answered, folding her hands nervously into her sleeves, momentarily reaching for a little doll that wasn't there, had maybe never existed. She scowled at Sammy. "I told you not to go there because it almost dissipated me!" she scolded. "I was so scared! What did you see?"

She shivered a little. If what Sammy had seen in the glyph room was anything like what Siddie had seen in the trance exercise, it was definitely worrisome. And Sammy was right - having pumpkin pills just lying around was unsettling. "It's like when you play an adventure game on the PreyStation and the game suddenly gives you lots of blood potions or something. I don't like it."

The ornate decorations suddenly seemed alien and overwhelming to her. They were beautiful, but the architecture just served to remind Siddie that she was far from home and on uncertain territory.

((81- 100: You notice how elaborate all the decorations are: even the detail in the wooden carvings in the pillar. You look up at the ceiling and realize along with the unique tiles, they are all gilded with delicate gold and jade. It seems this clan spares nothing when it comes to the smallest attention to detail. ))  
xoxomenai rolled 1 100-sided dice: 83 Total: 83 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:29 pm
Faustus chuckled at Amarus's statement. "Now that you mention it, you're right." He laughed lightheartedly. "And yeah, there was ... I saw it from a distance. A shame I couldn't get up close, a nice relaxing lava bath would have been nice." He went on to explain. "It wouldn't be practical for a flame demon to bathe in water ... it's kind of fatal for us ... so we take lava baths instead."

After a moment Faustus began to glance around, noting all the detail and fine jade and gold inlay that adorned the pillars and ceiling of the pavilion. They seemed as extravagant as ever, and he smiled at the familiarity of it.

"What is it??" he asked Amarus, stepping closer.

{{OOC: Sorry, got a bit busy and distracted there >.> *totally drops the ball*}}

Face your demons

chirigami

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:30 pm
"Nearly disipated you? Siddie I nearly got torn about at least 4 times, I had to claw my way back into my body and still watch as half of it tried to fill back in...." She shivered wrapping her arms around herself. "It was like... pure darkness, but I felt like something more. I was something bigger. Like I was part of something protecting the island that the clan of War had accepted me. Then I realized what was going on and boom struggling to get back and get out."

She paused for a moment, "Then there was the screaming. The humans all crying out, stuck in wooden cages of blood with Clansmen doing a ritual... Siddie I'm worried they might be doing that or worse. That room eats FEAR, powered by humans maybe I don't know but... even with all Invictus has done, all they've done. Can we trust them...."

prolixity rolled 1 100-sided dice: 45 Total: 45 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:00 pm
"Sammy," Siddie gasped, and wrapped her arms around her ghoulfriend, clinging to her. "That's - that's awful. I didn't see any of that ... but in trance, on the isle of Death ... " She shivered again and put her head on Sammy's shoulder, speaking very quietly so that only the zombie ghoul could hear her. "We saw something that might have been the future."

She took a deep breath. "We were - we saw the human world, ruined and dead. The Horsemen had brought the Apocalypse and enslaved the humans for Fear, but all the humans died. And they - they began to feed Halloween creatures to the glyphs. Everything was dead and dying. Not in the healthy way, like home. Like dead for good."

She glanced again to the closed gates she'd seen, to the barricades and barriers leading into what looked like a palace. What were the Horsemen doing in there?

((41 - 60: The pavilion area seems rather restricted and you notice that several sections, especially ones leading to the Imperial Palace, have been closed and gated off.
OOC: You obtain ONE Four Clans point which you can redeem in OOCLY. ))  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
lamoxlamae rolled 1 100-sided dice: 41 Total: 41 (1-100)

lamoxlamae

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm
After contemplating the martial fields for a bit, Ciel continued to look around herself for other things she may have missed before. If that had changed, what else would she notice?

Ciel quickly found that these efforts were restricted in a literal sense. Barricades had been put up in large areas of the pavilion. Trails leading out were cut off, especially if they led to anywhere important. One barrier had a horseman point stuffed in it. She pocketed it, of course, and began contemplating why such a hasty retreat was made. They had dropped money left and right in their haste, and now barriers and military fields were sprouting like young blossoms.

Ciel frowned. This was looking extraordinarily bad. Her elders had taught her to capture quarry before working on them. She shivered, remembering the discussion in the tea room which the punk had cast away so cooly. Although her guess about illusions may have been wrong, she was starting to worry if the comparisons to home were not incorrect.

More unsettled than ever and now visibly concerned, Ciel left the pavilion.

[Exiting]

{ ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces