Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012
✥ { CLASS } ----------------------------Jewelcrafting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 pm
Mei leaned over to peer into Angenora's kit. "Ohhhh what did you get to make Ange? I'm making a brooch! Hopefully it won't be too dorkie looking. I'd like to make something that I can wear later on."

The ghoul spread out her supplies atop the velvet bag in her lap. Grasping the tool and wire, she peered at the schematics again for the brooch and set to work. Giving a few grunts and a couple groans as she shaped the wire. "Have you seen Reiko or Morrigan yet? I hope they didn't sleep in too late. I didn't really sleep all that much I've just been so excited to start the first class and explore the island so kinda been on the go all day."

Crossing her ankles, she worked at the wire a bit more. Not quite too pleased with it for the moment.

Frezir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 pm
He thought about it for a second and chuckled with a nod.
"Good point, smaller can be more difficult," he replied, then watched curiously as she got to work. After a couple minutes, he remembered his own assignment and went back to work. When he'd finished the necklace, he glanced over at Lumi's finished work when she asked him about it.

"Looks better than mine," he said, nodding at the ring. He wasn't really craft-y, that probably would have helped. He was more of the reading-writing type, so at least he was able to understand the directions enough to apply it to his hands.

"So, visiting student? Do you like it so far?" He'd gotten a lot better with ghouls after spending so much time with Sin and Alcie. At least he could talk to them without stuttering now.

Wyntre IceBlade

((I have to go to bed now, just as a head's up.))  

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Noir Songbird rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-12)

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:21 pm
Reiko floated in a bit late, looking embarrassed. She slipped up to recieve her kit and then spotted Mei and took a seat next to her, smiling. She recognized the ghoul with her.

"Mei, Angenora, how good to see you. Do you mind if I sit here?" She quueried, opening her kit and examining it. If they preferred she move, she could easily do so. Inside was a length of gold wire and the schematics for a necklace, as well as what she assumed she was to use to shape it. "Hmm, a necklace. I don't wear them often but I am sure I can make one." She said.

Kit
Gold Wire
Necklace

Yayoi

Frezir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 pm
Well, the instructions seemed fairly straightforward. Using the pliers he would have to form the wire into a ring. It certainly looked doable.

But we all know looks can be deceiving. While Draven liked to think he could draw, forming things with his hands was another story. First, he had to try the pliers. They fit in is hand, and a few practice twists in the air proved to be very easy. However, when he began to work with the wire...it was just the slightest bit different. It didn't quite move the way he wanted to.

Still, Draven was far to excited about this class to give up or even get frustrated. He was making a ring. A bit slowly perhaps, and not in the most graceful manner, but it was working. A twist here, a bend there....just a little more...

In the end, several long, long minutes later, Draven considered himself done. He held in his hand a copper ring that was shiny, and pretty much matched the instructions. Not nearly as pretty, however.  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 pm
"Hey Mei! I know, I've been so excited too! " Angenora said with a giggle as she placed her wire, tools, and other items onto her lap as well. "I got some silver wire and schematics to make an armlet. I think it'd be so cool to wear it after I get it all made!" She said with excitement in her tone of voice. She waved to Reiko with a toothy grin, "Hey Rei! I don't mind at all! the more, the scarier!" She said as she patted the empty spot by her side. "Necklaces are a lovely accessory, but finding the right outfit to go along with it. That's another story." She added before she started working on her own homework.

Yayoi

Songstress Kitsune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 am
Kettil gave Lumi a brief grin and then set to focusing on his work on trying to make a wire necklace. This was a medium he wasn't used to working with and so it kind of set him at odds. If he had more beads (other than the ones in his hair) then maybe he could have done something really interesting but for how he took the tool in hand and began working, cutting, and just simply making what he could of his little project attempting to achieve graceful looking swirls as best as he could.

Endzela on the other hand noticed she had had an admirer or rather someone had caught her attention to a degree. She watched the boil as he walked to seat himself a bit behind she moved so she could stare more properly at the poor lad while Kettil continued his work seeming used to having an active creature crawl about on him to some extent.

Ev's arrival caused a pause from him to give her a big smile, "Fun stuff, this!" he chimed cheerfully at her and then he nodded toward Lumi, "That's Lumi, we traded stuff!" He was like an overgrown scareling playing with new crafting materials.

Meanwhile Endzela crept off of Kettil's lap and moved to the place where Julian sat and just stared.

musicaloner7

Reeshie Hack

Wyntre IceBlade

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:41 am
JEWELRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Israfel was vibrating again. Excitement practically oozed off of him. Quiet he might have been but distracting was what had taken place of his usual noise. Wings fluttering and his bouncing was not very productive or helpful to the atmosphere. It was worse as the teacher entered, his face beaming.
Grabbing his materials it was almost scary how he just sort of... dove into it. Throwing the bag behind him as he pulled out the supplies he'd be give, pouring over the possibilities. It was a while but then he had it. He knew what he wanted.

Eyes glowing as he began to bend the wire into shapes. He'd done this before on a small scale. Some outfits needing special 'additions'. It was gold and- wanted to impress the horseponylady! The wire was easy enough to bend and very carefully and slowly, he began to form the rims, the sockets. A ring, adjustable and with what looked to be various flowers and branches forming the band itself. All in all he was rather impressed with it. he really liked it and.. maybe he could do it again? For fun?

[Kit: Gold wire, Ring]  
naggeela rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am
Adiyan had quietly come into the class room looking all around trying not to panic or so disrespect to anyone or at least try. Sitting down and carefully listening to what was being said as Adiyan eyes got really big when he saw the gems since they were much more beautiful that the ones he carried or had back at home. The Fu Dog was excited for this class as he wanted to know how to do things like making jewelry as it would be one way for him to set stones that he had found. He also did have to wonder how they made the gems so different than the ones that he had and if they might get to learn which that thought alone make him a little more excited as he tried to keep his tail from wagging too much from the excitement.

Taking taking the bag that he was given and gave the horsewoman a bow of his head in thanks. Carefully he opened the back to see that he had some gold wire and instructions to make a bracelet. Adiyan had never done anything like this before as he read the instructions but it didn't look too hard and set to work bending the wire with his tool. At first he was really careful to make sure to bend the wire just as the instructions had said, but near the end gaining a little confidence that he was doing alright in making the bracelet that when he was nearly done Adiyan added a few decorative swirls with the wire. There he was all done, it wasn't the greatest to look at but he was proud of it none the less.

[Kit: Gold wire, Bracelet]  

naggeela

Xaki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 am
Her face was almost amusing. She stared at the ghost with an expression that looked like this for all of fifteen seconds: o______o. And she blinked. One could see the light bulb go off in her head, the delayed reaction to seeing her friend. Alive. Lacie's face lit up at the sight of the ghost. S-She had been so worried for the rest of her group members when they awoke from her trials. Even though she knew that it was a dream.. the loss of Mai and Vaith had seemed so very real.

"You're here! You're here!" Lacie's voice was whispering, minding their location -- but she still couldn't help but nearly throw herself at Mai and hug her tightly.

Disattaching herself, Lacie's jewelry left on the table, she looked down. A glimmer of tears, tears of relief, hinted slightly but Lacie rubbed her eyes with both hands. "I was so worried."

"But I'm so happy to see you here." In an effort to compose herself, she gave Mai a tremulous smile. "What are you making?

peipur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:59 am
Bloodlust Dante

The slightest of smiles twitched at the corner of Ylaria's mouth as she addressed the question, managing to return to her generally solemn demeanor before she spoke.

"Some ways are more simple than others - here, it's as simple as...ah...knowing the alphabet, really. Should you have patience, and work diligently towards completing your current work, you may be rewarded with a more fulfilling answer."

A knowing glimmer in her eye was hidden as she turned to prepare the next portion of the assignment.  

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

Nothing Yet rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-12)

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:00 am
The classroom was far more intimidating than any of the classrooms back home, Thackery noted. The feeling that overwhelmed him as soon as he stepped in the door was not unlike the feeling he knew from stepping into the school office, each with comparable pressures of oh Jack I can't mess up here. He happily took note of familiar faces and new friends as he passed by them, offering smiled and discreet waves to each of them. It was tempting to bound up to the students that he knew - so much that he thought he might explode from refraining - and he hoped that there might be a few moments after class that would give them the opportunity to catch up and explore.

Fidgeting, he took a seat near the far end of the classroom, just a few moments before their instructor arrived. She spoke almost immediately, in a tone that made his fur feel funny...did she really want them to be here at all? He frowned, hoping that they weren't wasting her time. The clan seemed to work like a well-oiled machine here, each dutifully managing their own job. He supposed their arrival was a bit like throwing a bunch of unnecessary parts into that machine, clogging it up or breaking it or whatever that did to something. He'd never really tried it. Seemed messy and detention-filled. He thought about this for a while...for probably too long, missing a hefty chunk of the first portion of her lecture. The idea that there was a greater reason for accessorizing, however, stuck with him. Did...did more jewelry mean more power? His eyes lit up at the thought.

His jewelry kit was finally passed to him, and he couldn't contain his excitement as he hastily spilled the contents of the pouch in front of him, finding himself even more thrilled to discover that it was copper (immediately reminding him of Ash) and the plans to create a necklace. Necklaces were the best pieces of jewelry! It was as if every bit of his stay here was falling perfectly into place. How could he feel uncomfortable and homesick when it all just encouraged him to love it here?

Though it was increasingly hard to resist poking away on his eyephone in hopes of forcing unsent texts through, he seemed completely satisfied while working on curling and shaping the copper wire into as intricate a piece as he could manage. It was a little different from the instructions that were included with the materials, but he kind of liked it. He'd certainly wear it, though that wasn't the best metric. Hopefully it would work for whatever Ylaria had planned.

[kit: Copper Wire/Necklace]  
Huni Pi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 am
Condescending tones? Tess had experienced that in spades, mostly from blood relatives, to the point that it was fairly easy to take it in stride, the way water simply rolled off a duck's back. She was going to smile and nod and if needed pretend to be fascinated with the lecture.

But the last bit didn't seem necessary because this was jewelry making class. Tess would have loved to learn all about these special gems and she figured that would come later. Right now, as the manananggal accepted her pouch, she eagerly studied the schematics and at her materials. Thankfully there were no restrictions to what metal one could wear when it came to her kind but she wasn't certain she could pull off the designs. Chewing on her lower lip, the legless ghoul hovered in her place as she attempted to follow the instructions. It was a good thing that while she was undead, she was a vampire and dexterity wasn't compromised.

When she finished her hairpin, she resisted the urge to immediately wear it. She'll wait until given permission and for the Nth time was relieved her lower half wasn't there to throw a fit that they didn't get an anklet or leg-jewelry. She quietly flew towards a certain Fu Dog. Mostly because he was a familiar face and she rather liked not being alone. She was a wallflower most of the time in social settings but this was a class. Education and Academics were at stake!

"Oooh, that looks lovely," she softly praised, "I like the embellishments you gave it." From the corner of her eye, she spotted the other legless ghoul and as subtly as she could, tried to wave her over to join them with her wing.

((1 - Silver Wire, 5 - Hairpin schematics))

naggeela
Is it okay if I have Tess stick to your students like glue? *w*

Katarina Everard
Is it okay if I have Tess stick to your students like glue? *w*

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 am
Pales

Lumi turned to the direction of the first boil, the one she traded items with and smiled. She could see a ghoul sit near him, 'ah friends?' she thought to herself. Then turned her attention back to Julian

Reeshie Hack
lol that was fine I went shortly after you did so it all worked out ^^

She smiled and turned full to face Jullian fully.

"OH! I like your necklace. I'm sure that when the instructor gives the next set of instructions it will work out perfectly."

She nodded happily at his compliment about her ring she always did like hearing she did right. Her ears twitched slightly when he mentioned liking it.

"Oh very much so, I've been applying at the academy for a few months now, but I was able to get a visiting pass for this trial and I've had SO much fun so far...."

Her voice dipped slightly,

"except...you're really the only person I've met so far..I know that's silly to be upset about that, but"

Lumi shrugged slightly and then smiled again at Jullian, thinking to herself, 'he's cute...wasn't bad meeting him after all'. Admiring her completed ring she looked around,

"I can't wait to see these gems...maybe they will have some fear in them? Are you excited to see them too?"

((and with that off to work >_<))

Meeki rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:30 am
Morrigan had been looking forward to this class but the way the room was set up was intimidating to say the least. She felt more vulnerable without a desk to crouch down into but the room was beautiful even in it's simplicity. They were also going to make jewelry! She could barely contain her excitement. In fact, the only thing that would have made this better was if Mimic was with her but she opted to leave him in her dorm room. He could be a distraction and the last thing she wanted was to offend the instructor.

She took the proffered pouch and set it on her lap, carefully opening it. Inside, she found silver wire, a tool, various materials and instructions on making an armlet. She was quite happy with her items and couldn't wait to get to work on the armlet. There was something amazonian about armlets, exotic and stunning. If she could pull it off, it would be something worth bragging about.

The question was.. where to start? She opened the instructions and began to look over them.

Kit: Silver Wire, Armlet  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-12)

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx

Fashionable Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 am
Tyalessa found the room quite relaxing, guessing that she was used to the cold by now and it no longer got on the nerves, however she still wished for a bit more decoration in the room, looking at dull walls all day will drive her crazy.
Looking down at what she had been given, she found Gold Wire and necklace instructions. She was glad she choose Jewelcrafting, despite the dullness of each room she visited she atleast could enjoy how pretty each piece was.
Noticing that the teacher was starting to notice that Essa was doing nothing more than staring the wire at odd angles she looked at her instructions.
This will be fun, and this little booklet is so kindly helping me make something
"Thank you little booklet" She whispered, still not understanding why people tell her not to talk to inanimate objects
Why not? I think they have feelings too...
Essa continued working on her necklace, she wanted it to look as nice as she could. Making sure that the balance was right, she was guess a heavy jewel may weigh down the piece and break all her hard work. Gold was so soft, it might curl too often when she was paying attention to another part, but it was easy to get right again with a few dints seeable. Essa no longer cared that she hadnt talked to anyone yet, she be glad to talk to her necklace when she was finished  
{ ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff