Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:08 pm
Meeting The Family pt.2

Dinner was set out in simple bowls, but it smelled delicious. Sarah could barely contain herself when she witnessed the size of the steak that had been prepared, but managed to wait her turn. While everyone else was serving themselves, she studied Damien from her side of the table. He looked very bright, warm, and he smelled clean, which was a major perk. However, she couldn't shake the fact that his scent was familiar, as if she had met someone similar before. As she eventually served herself her share of the food, she worked up the courage to ask him about it.

"Uh, you know..." She said nervously. "Damien... You remind me of a pair of Zoroarks I met when I was still a normal Ninetales... Did you use to live in the forests?"

Damien's eyes widened a little before looking downcast at his plate. He was silent for a moment before taking a deep breath. Clearly whatever he had to say was going to hurt him a little bit.
"Yes, but when I was very small..." He replied.

Alabaster gasped and leaned over to look at Damien.
"You never told me that you use to live in the forest!" He exclaimed. "Where did you live?"

"Right about here, near Opal Lake." Damien muttered, his eyes growing distant. He finished his plate rather quickly and stood, bowing to Alabaster momentarily. "Well, once again, that was fantastic! I'm going outside for a moment, I'll be there if you need me." Without another word he left the room and sat outside on the front porch.

Sensing that she may have touched a sensitive issue, Sarah's ears drooped. She left her plate on the table and hustled out after him to apologize. However when she opened the door, she saw that Damien looked very sad. She moved quietly to his side and sat down next to him.
"I'm sorry if I upset you, Damien..." She sighed. "You looked so familiar, I just had to ask..."

Damien raised his head and smiled weakly at her.
"It's alright, Sarah..." He said. "It's just... I don't know if I'll ever find them again..."

"Who?" Sarah asked, tilting her head to the side.

"My...My family." Damien replied, tears forming in his eyes. "I was separated from them when I was fairly young. I don't know how, or why, but I ended up in the city and never saw them again..." He paused, choking back his tears. "I've been holding all this back until now... It's something I've never addressed... No one knows this but you."

Sarah's ears perked up as he spoke. He was another baby that got separated from their family! She knew it would hurt him to talk about it further, but she had to know if he could remember anything about his incident.
"Do you remember anything about them, like names?" She asked.

"My father was named Dei, he was a Zoroark." Damien replied. "He had a brother named Dai who was a shiny Zoroark. He had two kids, who I don't remember the names of right now, but they were shiny Zoruas. I was told that I had a twin sister named Diana, but I never saw her. I think she was wandering with my mother, who was presumed dead after our home got attacked..."

Sarah's heart began to race. She knew those names! She had been saved by a pair of Zoroarks name Dei and Dai! With tears in her eyes, she faced Damien again.
"My...My life was saved by a pair of Zoroarks named Dei and Dai..." She replied, shaking slightly. "I didn't see any other Pokemon with them, but I owe them the world for getting me to that Pokecenter the night Alabaster and I were separated from one another. Their quick thinking and kindness is the sole reason I'm here talking to you right now..."

Damien's eyes widened. Tears streamed like waterfalls as he wrapped Sarah in a hug.
"I'm so glad that my father and my uncle were able to help you!" He cried. "They were always kind souls that loved to help others! That makes me so so soooo happy! Praise them for their kindness!"

"Wait! Were you taught to sing praises, too?" Sarah squeaked.

"Yes! Yes!" Damien chirped. "Every night we sang praises for all the wonderful things we saw through out the day! It was our way of thanking the world for another day of life together."

"My MOTHER taught us that!" Sarah replied. "Our father didn't keep up with it, but my mother always influenced it! She always said she learned it from her best friend's family when she stayed with them." She paused, pondering a moment. "I...I think her best friend's name was Monica. They were very close!"

Damien froze, his ears drooping slightly.
"M-Monica...?" He muttered. "Monica was my mother's name..."

"NO WAY! OH MY GOD!" Sarah cried, grasping Damien in another hug. "If my mother were still alive right now, she would be all over you! She would be completely enamored with you! I can't believe it!" She paused again, her eyes growing wide. "We might have even GROWN UP TOGETHER! That's... That's AMAZING!"

"What's going on out here?" Alabaster asked. He scurried between his sister and his boyfriend and quickly found himself stuck in a very tight cuddle. "Okaaay, now I'm confused and unable to breathe!"

"'Baster, 'Baster!" Sarah cried. "Damien's mother was Monica! The Monica that tried to save mom! The one that taught mother to sing praises! Can you believe it?! Oh my GOD! This is HUGE!"

Alabaster's eyes widened and darted up to Damien. He wrapped his arms around his lover and snuggled up to him.
"I always knew you were amazing..." He mumbled. "But to be related to such a heroic Pokemon... Damien... She was an idol! A hero!" He kissed him passionately and held him close. "You are a priceless gem, absolutely perfect. Damien, I'm so blessed to have you!"

Damien grinned through his tears and snuggled up to Alabaster.
"And I'm blessed to have you, Alabaster..." He whispered.

After the tears had dried and the talk had ended, the trio wandered back into the house. Alabaster and Damien cuddled up onto the couch as Crystal and Sarah cleared up the dinner table. As they tended to the garbage, Sarah peered in at the pair of foxes curled up in each others embrace. Her brother had picked himself quite a pure gem out of all of the others in the clutch, one that may blossom into something much more than he thought he could ever be.

(1069 words)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 pm
Meeting The Family pt. 3

After dinner, the family gathered in the living room to play board games and chat about their day. Sarah sat in the middle of the rug in the middle of the room while Damien and Alabaster tickled a very giddy Adriana. Her heart swelled with pride for her little brother as the couple rocked their baby and it all began to set in. Her brother was a father and she was an aunt! He had a beautiful home, a beautiful life and she had nothing to worry about. He had survived on his own and she couldn't have been more proud. She gazed over to Crystal, who was carrying a box of card games, and grinned.
"What're we going to play tonight?" She asked.

"Whatever you want to, I suppose." Crystal replied. She set the box down carefully before Sarah and sat beside her, offering her a smile. "Go on, pick your favorite!"

"But..." Sarah muttered. "I've never played a card game before... I don't have a favorite!"

"Don't worry about it, sis!" Alabaster chirped, setting Adriana on the ground. "We'll let Adriana pick!"

Adriana chirped and raised her eyebrow at the box of games. They didn't look very fun to her. In fact, some of them weren't even colorful! She sat on her rump and looked up at her parents, confused as to why she was being made to look at them.

Damien chuckled at his daughter and scooped her up again.
"I don't think she understands what's going on, sweetheart." He said. "She's too young to play card games. They probably look like sheets of paper to her, not a game!"

"Heh, you're probably right!" Alabaster replied, patting Adriana on the head. "Sorry baby, we put you on the spot!"

"Chiiii! Chikooo...?" Adriana piped, tilting her head to the side. The room exploded in aws and laughter, causing the little Chikorita to grin and wiggle. "Chiiii! Chi! Chiiikoo!" She hopped out of her father's arms and ran circles around the room.

"Looks like she wants to play tag!" Sarah exclaimed. She stood and followed Adriana around the room, laughing and making funny noises.

Adriana squealed profusely and ran faster, giggling at the noises Sarah made. Soon, she found that she was being followed by her entire family, which made her squeal louder. She ran and ran until her little legs couldn't run any further, which landed her right in Alabaster's waiting arms. The tired little Pokemon stretched, yawned and snuggled against her father's chest, tuckered out from all the excitement.

"Looks like someone's ready for bed, Damien..." Alabaster whispered, smirking up at his lover. He moved towards the staircase and motioned for Damien to follow. "Should we put our little racer to bed?"

Damien nodded and followed Alabaster up the stairs, his arm moving to pull the other closer to his side. They wandered into their room and placed Adriana gently into her fluffy little cot that sat beside their bed. Warm plush blankets were carefully tucked around her as they knelt by her side. A soft smile grew on their faces as they looked upon their drowsy daughter.
"Maybe Sarah would like to help us sing her a lullaby, Alabaster." Damien whispered.

"She would love to, Damien." Alabaster agreed, turning to fetch his sister from the living room. "When I was little, she always joined my mother in singing to my younger sister and I. She's a natural mother..." He descended the staircase about halfway and whistled to Sarah. "Hey, sis, you want to sing your niece a lullaby?"

Sarah beamed and nodded. Quietly, she followed her brother up the stairs and tip toed to Adriana's bedside. She marveled at how cute she looked tucked underneath all of her fuzzy blankets and gently brushed a fuzzball out of her sleepy eyes. A weak "chi" resonated from the sleepy little baby and Sarah's heart just about melted. She gazed over to her side, where Damien and Alabaster knelt with the same mesmerized expression, and she smiled.
"I'm so proud of you, little brother..." She whispered, tears forming in her eyes. "She's beautiful..."

Wine red eyes filled with tears as they gazed over to Sarah. Alabaster wrapped his arms around his sister and squeezed tightly. The two person hug was quickly turned into a group hug as Damien locked his arms around the pair, and the tears came tumbling down. Though they were tears of joy, the amount of emotion he felt was enough to make his heart pound.
"Just to hear you say that..." He stammered out. "Is... Is... It's beautiful. I never thought I would hear you say that... Never in a million years."

"Well, you've earned it, 'Bast." Sarah replied, drying his eyes. "Both of you have done a terrific job. There's still much more to do, but so far, you're both doing a fantastic job." She hugged them both again before facing Adriana, who was growing closer and closer to sleeping by the second. "What lullaby should we sing?"

"She has her favorite," Damien whispered. "Do you know "You Are My Sunshine?"

Sarah gleamed. That was one of her favorites!
"My mother used to sing that to me all the time..." She replied. "Who wants to start?"

"Why don't you?" Alabaster said.

"Alright then," Sarah said, taking a breath in. "You are my sunshine..."

"Our only sunshine..." Alabaster sang.

"You make us happy when skies are gray..." Damien sang.

"You'll never know, dear..." Sarah sang.

"How much we love you..." Crystal added from the doorway.

"So please don't take..." Alabaster sang, cuddling closer to Damien.

"Our sunshine..." Damien sang, snuggling up to Alabaster.

"Away..." Sarah sang. She finished the song softly and smiled at the now sleeping Adriana. She rose and motioned the others to tip toe out of the room with her. They walked back down into the living room and continued to chat.

------------------------------------------

"Well, I'm off to catch some beauty sleep!" Crystal announced as she headed up towards her room. "I'll see you all tomorrow morning! Sleep tight!"

"Good night, Crystal!" Sarah said, waving. She turned to Damien and Alabaster, who were back snuggling on the sofa, and sat down next to them. "So..." Sarah began. "I'll be heading up to bed soon, too..." She paused and smiled. Her brother and his lover had fallen asleep against each other's chests, which was the cutest thing she had seen in a long time, next to her niece of course. With a lighthearted chuckle she covered the couple in a blanket and kissed Alabaster on the forehead. She stopped to marvel at how much her brother had grown before ascending the staircase and heading to her room. It was spacious and full of room for her to grow into. And as soon as the door was closed, she flopped down upon the bed and squealed against the pillows. She was home! She was home! And life was, once again, filled with that rare, long sought after, sunshine.

(1130 words)

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:55 pm
[PD] Oh! You can't talk? (Sabria, Adriana, Damien, Alabaster)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 pm
Alabaster Uses Will-O-Wisp!
(Fire type move:
The user shoots a sinister, bluish-white flame at the target to inflict a burn.)

Alabaster had been having a pretty lousy day. Adriana ran off into the forest without warning, Damien left for the city before he helped with the chores, and his sister decided to go shopping with a very bitchy Crystal and desert him in his own house. Plus, his new housemates didn't even bother to clean up after themselves! All their dishes were still out on the dinner table! They even left without saying goodbye! It was a no-good-very-bad-day, and it was only noon. He sat on the couch and glowered at the television. There was nothing left for him to do but watch stupid kids shows until someone came back.

An hour later, his irritability had just about boiled over. No one had called, no one cared, no one appreciated him! Arrrrgh! ARRRRRRRRGH! Red eyes were alight with rage as they stared into the mirror on the bathroom wall and it seemed nothing could calm him down. Even he knew he was overreacting, but all his suppressed emotion was getting to him, and it was all going to come out at some point. He growled, sneered and flailed at the mirror.
"WHY DOES EVERYONE LEAVE ME WITH ALL THEIR s**t!?" He screamed.

Suddenly, a blueish-white fire spouted from one of his fingers and launched itself towards the mirror. It bounced off it's surface and banged straight into Alabaster's bottle necklace, shattering the glass around the star fragments held inside. "EEEAAA! NO! NO!" He cried, scrambling to pick the glowing fragments off of the floor. The flame bobbed above him, flickering as if it were laughing at the chaos is had caused, and faded away. Alabaster clasped the fragments close to his chest and huffed, a tear or two falling from his eyes. Maybe yelling at the mirror isn't good for stress relief after all...

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 pm
Pieces

Fury still lingered around Alabaster despite his session in front of the mirror. He was too angry, too tired, too fed up with being left home alone all the time. Hours had gone by and no one had answered his phone calls or his texts. He couldn't fathom what his family was doing that was so much fun. Dinner time was steadily approaching... Weren't they hungry? Didn't they know that it was cheeseburger night? ... Didn't they care? ...

Did they still need him...?

Red eyes were darkened with sorrow. He laid the star shards out upon the kitchen table and sat, a distance growing between him and reality. The pieces glittered before him but failed to produce a similar reflection upon their beholder. It was enough of a dissonance to cause him to bit his lip and whimper. He knew that he wasn't being abandoned, not at all. But... It was all so... Scary. Would they leave him in due time? Was this really where he belonged? His thoughts grew darker and darker as the seconds ticked past.

In time, he rose and rummaged through the crafts drawer, retrieving a silver chain and a few small tools. Steadily, he pierced a hole in the largest fragment and threaded the chain through it. He marveled his new necklace for a moment before clasping it around his neck with an unsteady smile. He could still wear this fragment as a memory, but the others were far too small to be made into anything else that he could think of. A deep sigh was heaved as they were gathered into his cupped hand and placed in a small mesh bag. He tied the bag around his wrist and shoved his hands in his pocket and headed out the front door. Maybe a walk would do him some good...

His route through the forest quickly became a bee-line for the city, although he wasn't sure why. The familiar sights and sounds lured him through the alleyways and busy streets until a tiny shopping center caught his attention. A jewelry shop, a pizza shop and a some misc. businesses were all lit up and ready for customers, but Alabaster's ears only pinned back farther as he peered in. Shopping was his initial thought, until he noticed a pair of familiar figures in the jewelry store. Tears soon found themselves back upon his cheeks and he began to cry. Damien was in the store with Crystal, and they were shopping for engagement rings! How could this be happening?! Damien was his! Rage laden eyes laid themselves upon Crystal's newly grown teen form and his heart shattered. Could it be that her new growth changed his love for him...?

He didn't stay very long staring into the store window before he burst into the store and grabbed Damien by the arm, growling like he had been attacked.

"How could you betray me like this?!" He screamed, slapping Damien across the face. The bag of star shards that had been gently wrapped around his wrist flew off and crashed against the floor. A soft tinkling sound rang through the Vulpix's ears and he lunged to the floor. "No, no! Please!" He cried, tears streaming down his face. But no matter how much he cried, begged or even tried to put them back together, his glittering shards were now reduced to microscopic pieces. His hands shook as they tried to grasp at the remaining dust that lingered in the air around him, all to no avail. Now defeated in more ways than one, he looked up to see Damien kneeling beside him, an engagement ring held shakily between his fingers.

"W-What are y-you doing...?" He choked. "Crystal's standing over there!"

Damien eyes flew open wide and filled with tears, a reaction that Alabaster hadn't expected. What was going on? They were shopping for rings together, so they must've been thinking about getting married! That's how it went! ... Right? He stared as his lover choked back his sobs and shook his head rapidly.

"No, no! This ring is for YOU!" Damien cried. "She was helping me find the perfect one! Why would you accuse me of cheating on you?!"

Alabaster's heart just about stopped. They had been shopping for an engagement ring... For him...? His chest throbbed as he tried to grab a hold of whatever reality he had left. The room began to spin, his vision grew blurry, and he collapsed into Damien's arms.

(Word count: 737)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 pm
Alabaster Uses Heat Wave!
(Fire type move: The user attacks by exhaling hot breath on the opposing team. It may also leave targets with a burn.)

He wasn't certain how long he had been knocked out for, and could barely remember why, but all he knew was that he had an intense fever. It was clear that he had been brought home and placed in bed, which irritated the hell out of him. He needed to apologize to Damien! How could he have been so stupid?!

"Daaaaai...?" He called out as he hobbled down the stairs. The light in the kitchen was on! He wasn't too late to apologize! He hustled into the kitchen, only to find Sarah standing there with a frustrated look on her face. "S-Saraaah...?" He muttered. "W-where's Damien...?"

"He went back to the jeweler's to apologize for the scene you caused!" Sarah replied, rolling her eyes. "He said to usher you right back up the stairs if you got up, though." She gently nudged him back towards the stairs, but paused to take a gander at his clothing. "Geez, you must have a super bad fever! Your breath's burnt holes in your shirt!"

Alabaster gazed down at his shirt and weakly assessed the holes before being carted off to bed by Sarah. He had learned a new move by having a fever. Was there anything more pathetic that he could accomplish today?

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 pm
Priorities

"Move, move!" Damien screamed as he barreled into the house. The shells on the egg were just about to fall off as he laid it upon the couch cushions. Sarah, Alabaster and the other house mates hovered around him with flabbergasted expressions as Damien fussed with the blankets and pillows, making sure he had everything just right for whatever would come from such a peculiar egg. Blue eyes stared intently as a tiny paw kicked its way out, and another, and finally the remaining pieces split in two. All took a deep breath in and gasped at what lay crying before them.

"Meeeew, meeeew!" Cried the premature neko baby as it emerged from it's egg. It's cries were weak, sickly and very distressing for the group to hear. Near opaque fists flailed in the air, it's face turning a shade of blue.

"It can't breathe, it can't breathe!" Alabaster screamed, horrified. He scooped the baby up into his arms and began rubbing it's back. "Come on little one, come on!" His ears shot up as the fragile child coughed and cried louder, a slight wave of relief washing over his face. His eyes darted over to Damien, who had zipped to his side as soon as the baby was moved, and he motioned to the door. "Hurry, she needs to get to a hospital!" He said. "She could die if she doesn't get help!"

"Right, right!" Damien agreed. He ushered Alabaster out the front door and the pair began to run towards the city. The hospital was miles away from where they lived, and a Pokemon center was out of the question because they knew that this baby certainly wasn't a Pokemon, so they did their best to run most of the way to their destination. Eventually they grew far to tired and had to hail a cab which drove them the rest of the way there. Once safely at the hospital they hustled the baby inside and cried for assistance. The baby had quieted by that time and they weren't certain if she was still breathing. Both teenagers sobbed in the waiting room as the doctors carted her away.

---------------------

Going home was very hard for them both. The doctors had told them that the baby was safe with them and that they need not worry about her. They were to go home and rest. But neither man could fathom sleeping after such a terrifying experience. A kitten-baby hatched from an egg and could have died in their house! They wouldn't have been able to live with themselves! They knew they did the best they could, but in the short time they held her tiny body close to them, they had fallen in love with her. Call it instinct, call it love, they were smitten with the idea of having another child. But would this child survive her own birth?

"Damien... I..." Alabaster sighed, laying pressed up against his lover's chest. Tears flowed from his eyes and stained the gray sleep shirt that Damien wore. "If she survives... Do you think she could be our daughter...?"

It took a moment for Damien to respond as he choked back his own tears. All the hope he had left in his body was going towards the life of the child he had tried to save which was causing him a great deal of upset. However, one look into Alabaster's eyes reminded him of something very important. "H-Hold on a second, 'Baster!" He cried, lunging up from his place in bed. "I've forgotten something! I hope I haven't lost it!"

He had never dashed down the stairs so fast in his life. The ring! The ring! Where did he leave it?! It had to be somewhere in the house! But where?! His muscles tensed and he began to hyperventilate. No, no! He had spent so much time and money! He couldn't have lost it! This was horrible, terrible! He darted outside and ran around the property, clinging to the very last shred of hope he had left for himself. All his efforts turned up nothing which really didn't surprise him. He was such a ******** idiot! How could he lose something so important?!

"AAAAUUUGH! I'M SUCH AN IDIOT! WHY CAN'T I DO ANYTHING RIGHT?!" He bawled.

"Daddy...?"

A little voice piped through his anguish and his head whipped around to see Adriana standing in her pajamas. She was supposed to be in bed! What was she doing awake so late? Argh! He must've woken her up! How could he make things any worse for tonight?
"Adriana, what are you doing up so late?" He asked, scooping her up into his arms. "You need to go back to bed, sweetheart! You'll be so cranky tomorrow!"

"Adri saw daddy crying! Chiiii!" Adriana chirped, eyes wide with concern. She fidgeted in Damien's arms as she was carried into the house again. "What make daddy sad? Baby kitten go 'way be safe now, right?"

Damien sighed as he ascended the stairs and made his way into the hallway. His daughter was so innocent. How could he tell her about the hospital, the doctors, and all the scary equipment they had to attach to the sick baby that she had rescued? Would she be able to comprehend all the sadness, all the anxiety that he was feeling at the moment? He shook his head to himself as he nestled Adriana back into her bed in Sarah's room, gently tousling her green hair as he pondered how best to reply to her questions. His eyes gazed over to her nightstand and locked on to a small velvet box that lay upon it. "The ring! The ring!" He squealed, snatching the box up from it's place. He peered inside of it and heaved a heavy sigh of relief, it was still there! He didn't lose it after all!

"Daaadddy?" Adriana chimed, arching her eyebrow up at her father. "What that? It make you happy again! Chiiii! Yaaaaay!"

"This, Adriana, is a very important thing!" Damien explained, his body quaking with excitement. He opened the box and showed her the ring, grinning at how it glistened in the light of the room. "When daddy asked papa to marry him with this, we'll be a real family! What do you think about that?"

"Chiiiiiiiiii! Good, very very good!" Adriana cried, squealing. She wiggled underneath the covers and giggled as Damien gave her a good night kiss on the forehead. She peered out from underneath her blanket just as he was about to leave the room. "Daddy...?"

"Yes, Adriana?" Damien replied.

"Will kitten baby be in the real family, too?" Adriana questioned.

Damien paused and gazed down the hallway to his room before turning back to his daughter with a smile. "We'll just have to keep hoping that she will be okay, Adri." He replied, shutting off the light. "For now, all we can do is hope for the best. That is our number one priority."

(Word count: 1,145)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:23 pm
[PD] You're A Fox, I'm A Fox, WE'RE AWESOME! [Damien, Alabaster, Gethin, Rasui]

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 pm
Purpose

Alabaster and Damien had sleepless night after sleepless night. They worried, they cried and they held each other tight. Their home was a mix of emotions. Happy, sad, dismal, glad... Such a bi-polar world. Moments of stillness accompanied by moments of twitches and curves. Picture frames depicted a smiling couple, a green haired child seated upon her father's shoulders, and a two aunts laughing at how the other father couldn't stop fidgeting for the camera. Two pairs of tear strained eyes traced the form of another figure and laid it upon the cradling arms of a person in another portrait, black hair, gray eyes, and two small kitten ears all alert and alive. A second daughter was missing from that frame and no one knew she even existed at the time of the actual photo. Only the eyes of her heart broken heroes could imagine her there holding her tiny body close to their sides...

Hope. Hope was all they could find as an excuse for their odd behavior. Alabaster had forgotten dinner twice. Damien had left the front yard a mess. Cuddles were private and quiet instead of open and filled with unending giddy laughter. Dishes piled high, clothes became synonymous with the carpet, and morning walks seemed less enticing when an innocent face can't help but mention the lingering empty space. Were they wrong to hold onto her? Was it wrong to dream of such a happy thing? It stabbed at them like knives. It pierced into them like the sun through the trees. How could it hurt so much to hold firm and believe that a miracle could occur? Empty cups of tea sat still upon the front porch as the sun cascaded down the ever radiant sky. No one bothered to acknowledge that they were devoid of their given substance for fear that karma might rear it's ugly head at the mere mention of a negative proverb.

What ifs were cyanide in their food, maybes were toxic waste floating along the river, and the only cure for such ailments seemed to be the loving arms of those around them. Maybe she was okay. Maybe she was sick. Maybe someone else had already adopted her. Maybe she had already passed away. Scarves and hats, boots and gloves, all donned upon bodies whose hopes soared upon the wings of doves. Warmth was only half a comfort during a walk into the city. Reassurance got them part of the way and faith nudged them past the trials of doubt that challenged all that they had wished for. A calling was a calling, no matter the battle, no matter the strain. They would see her, they would fight with her, and they would take her home. Home. She would have a home with them. Even if her frail body stopped moving...

A beacon of light had appeared the second they walked back through the hospital doors. Nurses waved them forward, doctors patted them on the back, and bystanders admired them for their supposed "spiritual strength." Neither man thought of himself as "spiritual" or even remotely religious, they were here with hope, they were here with faith. It didn't matter where it came from, it only mattered if the energy was positive in nature. What difference did it make if a God had bestowed them this "strength" or not? Certainly none, at least to them. Heartbeats out paced the footsteps echoing through the silent hospital corridor while they made their way up to where they had begged to be. Would she be able to see them? Could she even be held? Did they do the right thing? Hope was questioned, but not doubted.

Little hands waved, pawed feet flailed, and pouted lips parted and produced a wail that would have made someone scream with terror. But it was music to their ears. She had survived. She had gained weight. And she was thriving. No need for tubes, no need for medicine. She was breathing without assistance. The nurses praised her profound recovery as they had praised them for their bravery. Damien and Alabaster cradled their daughter and sang her a lullaby, tears rolling down their cheeks. Their sobs were filled with joy instead of sadness. All of their sleepless nights and wishing had paid off. She was theirs too love, theirs to keep safe and warm. This was a gift that only a grieving mother could ever ask for and they knew that very well. Baby blankets, forms and a bottles of formula were packed into a duffel bag and the trio left for home. Big gray eyes gazed sleepily up at her fathers as they nuzzled and walked along the sidewalk, far too young to comprehend how important a person she was to them.

For some people, finding your purpose means getting the right job and making the most money, but to others it is connotative to much more profound ideals. Raising a family of orphaned children, saving someone's life, healing the sick and finding one's enlightenment are all key elements to finding your purpose just as getting a promotion is to some else. Damien and Alabaster found their purpose in of all that they held close to them. It was in Adriana's laughter and in Crystal's sly remarks. It was in Sarah's optimistic cheers and in Sybelle's mothering deeds. It was in Gabriel's ability to rise above his past and Osha's undying love of dancing. It was in their new daughter, Meiling's, gray hued eyes, and... Most importantly... It was rooted in their devotion to each other. It was embedded in their hopes, dreams and wishes for the future. Their purpose was to be with each other and foster the lives of others. And it was a purpose well worth fighting for.

(Word count: 95 cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 pm
A Package From Dad

It was weeks after Damien and Alabaster brought their new baby girl, Meiling, home from the hospital, and everyone was in high spirits. Damien had found a new job, Sarah was excited about making friends, and even Crystal was being kinder than usual. All was looking up for the household, and things could only get better.

Alabaster had stepped outside for a moment when he noticed a small white package on his doorstep. It was wrapped in turquoise paper and fastened with a silver ribbon, clearly a very elegant parcel. He picked it up and read the tag, which said "To: Alabaster", and grinned. This could be a surprise from Damien! But when he opened the box he found this blue ring and a note addressed to him.

"Dearest son,

Don't you ever think for a second that I haven't had my eye on you and your sister. I am your ever loving father and I will always know where you are and what you are doing. I have my ways.

Now that we have that settled, this ring is for that dapper young gent that has loved you since the day you met. He has a lovely ring for you and it would only be right if you had one to give him. You do remember our customs and traditions, Alabaster? Better brush up on them before you have your own babies to tend to! (Yes, yes, I know you have two daughters already. I'm proud. They are simply precious! Good job so far!)

All is well in our little corner. No major issues to note. I wish we had more peaches here. That is always my top complaint in the warmer seasons. There are never enough peaches to go around... Ah, well, off to wander!

Love, always,

Dad
"

'Baster stared down at the note and heaved a heavy sigh. His father had forgotten to leave a return address for further contact! That bloody man was always forgetting something! How was he suppose to thank him for such a generous gift if he didn't have a way of writing back?!

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:51 pm
Double Proposal

Damien could hardly keep himself from squealing as he fiddled with Alabaster's engagement ring. This was the day he had been preparing for since Adriana had grown, he was finally going to propose to his one and only eternal flame. His heart was ready, his hands were shaking, but his legs practically skipped down the hall. They knew they were going somewhere very, very important.

Alabaster was in the kitchen, as usual, preparing his latest and greatest dinner. It was seafood night, which was his absolute favorite, and the smell of the shrimp, New England clam chowder and waffle fries cooking just inches in front of him was driving him bonkers. He couldn't wait to chow down! Between soup stirring and shrimp tossing, he reached into his shirt pocket and caressed Damien's engagement ring. He couldn't wait to present this meal and ring upon bent knee to the one person that made his life so beautiful.

Everyone else had already sat down at the table and were chatting among themselves. Crystal and Sarah were giggling about some fashion craze that was sweeping the town, Sybelle and Gabriel were busying themselves with the newspaper, while Adriana and Osha were entertaining baby Meiling with funny faces and silly songs. All the chipper sounds made Damien smile with pride as he walked into the room. His daughters were playing with one of the cutest Pokemon he had ever met, Sarah and Crystal adored each other despite how different they were, and knowing that Sybelle was always there to protect them, and Gabriel especially, was a blessing all to itself. He wrapped his arms around Alabaster from behind and let out a contented sigh before nuzzling into the side of his neck.
"It smells so wonderful in here, 'Baster..." He muttered, planting a few kisses on the other's cheek. "You are truly a master chef. I couldn't ask for anyone better."

Alabaster paused his cooking and leaned into his lover's arms, relishing in the affection that he was getting. He loved it when Damien praised his cooking, it was hard work for him to accomplish each day, and every bit of appreciation he could get for it was absolutely amazing to hear. His heart thumped against his chest as he was nuzzled and kissed and he turned around to plant a kiss on Damien's lips. The pair stayed in this embrace for a moment or two before both males knelt down on one knee and presented their rings to each other. Soon after, both squeaked in shock and began laughing.

"Aaaahaaa! I didn't expect you to have a ring for me, Alabaster!" Damien exclaimed, his eyes tearing up as he laughed.

"I didn't either," Alabaster giggled, pausing to wipe a tear out of his eye. "This one was given to me earlier this morning, in a package from my father! Would you believe that?"

"That's epic and hilarious!" Damien replied, laughing. "Oh, I-I think I'm gonna start crying! Aaaahaaa! This is just too funny!"

"I know, I know!" Alabaster cried, grinning through his tears. "...W-Who goes f-first? Y-you or me?"

"I...I...I'll go first." Damien nodded. "You have to stand up for me, though."

Alabaster jumped up from his position on the ground and started to cry tears of joy as he looked down at Damien. His heart was about to hop right out of his chest!

"You and I have been best friends since as far back as I can remember," Damien began, smiling up at his lover. "And from me being all hyperactive and odd, to us moving away from our home in the city, you have always been by my side to love, shelter, and keep me safe from harm. For all of the things you do for me, I love you more than you can ever imagine." He paused and grinned sheepishly before continuing. "... Will you marry me, Alabaster?"

"Yes, yes, a million trillion gazillion infinity times, YES!" Alabaster gasped, squealing through his sobs. "You have no idea how long I have wanted you to ask me and and and," He paused, taking a deep breath as Damien stood before leaping into his arms. "Just, finally! I'm yours! I AM YOURS! EEEEEEE!"

Damien kissed Alabaster and nuzzled against him, his own heart pounding with joy. He slipped his ring on Alabaster's finger and went right back to kissing him. Then, he stepped back and smiled at his fiance. "Your turn now, 'Bast." He said, winking.

"R-right!" Alabaster squeaked, practically falling back down onto his knee. He gazed up at Damien, who had taken on an adoreably nervous stance, and took a deep breath. "You have been my sanctuary and my solace for years, Damien." He said. "You have been my stability, my soul, and the love you give me has always been beautiful, meaningful, and undivided. I treasure each moment I have spent with you no matter where we are, no matter the situation, no matter the time. I want to spend all of eternity with you by my side. You are my everything!" He paused, tears rolling down his face again. "Damien, will you marry me?"

"Of course I will, Alabaster!" Damien cried, lunging himself into Alabaster's arms. He nuzzled into Alabaster's chest and gave him little pecks under his chin, causing the other to giggle. "No more crying, this is a beautiful moment. We're going to get married!" He watched as Alabaster slipped the ring onto his finger before leaning in for another kiss. "This is the best day of my life! I-I'm so happy right now!"

"Me too, me too!" Alabaster cheered, cuddling up to Damien.

The entire kitchen erupted into cheers and applause as the couple embraced, but Sybelle quickly paused in her clapping and flailed her bone club towards the pot of shrimp on the stove. "It has overflowed!" She cried. "Water is spilling everywhere!"

"Oh no, the shrimp!" Alabaster cried, leaping up to turn the heat off on the stove. Sure enough, the entire pot of water he had been boiling had overflowed from the pot and spilled most of the shrimp out onto the floor. Thankfully, he had made just enough clam chowder for the meal and the waffle fries hadn't burnt. Dinner hadn't been ruined! But, even if it had been ruing, he probably wouldn't have minded. Ordering a pizza would normally be a major failure, but after the beautiful proposals that he and Damien had just shared, it wouldn't make him bat an eyelash.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 pm
An Odd Little Confection

Damien and Alabaster were almost finished shopping for their upcoming wedding. They had the tuxedos, the wedding bands and the perfect venue, all that was left were the decorations, invitations and the cake. After walking for some time, Damien's nose picked up on a very sweet scent coming from a local shop on the corner. Following the rather decadent smell, they entered the store.

It was called The Gourmet Pocky Shoppe, and it was quite beautiful. Neither man had noticed it sitting on the corner before, then again, neither really had a terrible sweet tooth. But, something about this shop made them feel happy and comfortable, so they decided to peruse the Pocky in the displays. Alabaster tilted his head at all of this extravagantly decorated Pocky and pondered what a lemon souffle Pocky would taste like. Damien was on the other end of the shoppe, smiling at all the colors drizzled on the tiny sticks, before noticing one brown-orange one in the back of the display.

"Hey, 'Bast!" He called, waving the other over. "What about that one? The Salak Fruit flavored one. I like it's color!"

"Yeah, that one does look nice..." Alabaster pondered, nodding to his fiance. "I go see how much it is!" He turned and wandered towards the register, peering around for a staff member. "Hello? Is there anyone there?"

"Yes! Just a moment!" Replied a voice from the back of the shoppe. A few moments later, a young black haired man appeared with a smile. "Can I help you gentlemen?"

"We would like to purchase the Salak Fruit Pocky in the display case, please!" Alabaster said, smiling. "This place is so beautiful! I'll have to recommend you to my friends!"

"Thank you for the compliment!" The man said, bowing his head slightly. "I'll have your Pocky for you in just a moment." He went over to where Damien stood watching the Pocky and retrieved it before heading back over to Alabaster. "Here you are! Please take care of it!"

"Take care of it...?" Damien asked, blinking.

"Yes," The man said, smiling awkwardly. "Please refrain from eating this Pocky, something odd will happen to it if you don't!"

"Oooh, okaaaay." Damien nodded, gazing to Alabaster with a shrug. "We won't eat it."

"Good! I'll ring you up then!" The man replied. "That'll be..."

------------------------------------------------------------

Both men walked out of the Shoppe with peculiar faces. What would happen to this little stick of Pocky if they didn't eat it? Was it a magical stick of Pocky? Would it grant them a wish? Would it become a monster?! Neither man knew what was to come out of such a small confection, but both were curious enough to wait and find out.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:22 pm
BREEDING REQUIREMENT:

An egg? For... Us? [Alabaster/Damien]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:03 pm
Dear journal,

THERE WAS AN EGG ON THE COUCH THIS MORNING. AN EGG FOR DAMIEN AND I. I STILL HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REACT TO THIS. I FELL ASLEEP AFTER WE FOUND IT AND SCREAMED WHEN I SAW IT FLAMING AGAIN ON THE COUCH AND IT WAS THE SCARIEST THING EVER! HOW DOES IT EVEN MAKE FLAME? IT'S NOT EVEN BORN YET! WAS I LIKE THAT WHEN I WAS AN EGG? MY DAD NEVER TOLD ME THAT! HOW DO YOU RAISE AN EGG THAT LIGHTS ITSELF ON FIRE AND REFUSES TO TOUCH WATER? ARCEUS, HELP ME! HELP US!

... Oh, thank Arceus, it stopped flaming. All it wanted was to be wrapped in a blanket, for Mew's sake. I can't even begin to tell you how terrifying an egg engulfed in flames is, it's like something out of a horror film. Auuuuughhhh... I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this. Where did this egg come from? Why was it left here? How am I going to raise four children, let alone cook for all of them, too? I'm only one Pokehuman! Maybe Damien will finally learn how to properly use the microwave? Or get a second job so we can order take-out more often? I could REALLY use a break from being on kitchen duty 24/7. If only Crystal would actually get off her lazy, princess wannabe a** and help us with the bills, chores, baby sitting, or just get off her a** in general for anyone else that isn't herself for a change. We're housing her, she should be doing some of the work around here! Hell, even Osha, that Legendary dancer, does more work than she does, and he's just a tiny little thing!

Whoops, getting off track! Anyway, yeah, Damien and I are going to be dads again! But, this time, it's a baby all our own. ... But it could be twins. Or, Arceus forbid, TRIPLETS. What on Earth would I do with three little Damiens running around? Or, three little mes! I don't think I could handle having SIX kids after having three for so long... Sure, four is a big number, too, but it's much easier than six. ... Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. The egg is pretty big, but how could three babies fit in there anyhow? They'd all get squished together and...

OH, NO, MAYBE THAT'S WHY THE EGG IS FLAMING! There isn't enough space for all three of them and they can't fit together and they're all getting angry and SETTING FIRE TO THEIR EGG! OH NO OH NO OH NOOOOOOOOOO! THREE BABIES? REALLY? I DON'T THINK I CAN COPE WITH THIS! HELP ME, SOMEONE, HELP ME!

... Damien sensed my stress and gave me a stack of waffles and a cup of tea. He's such a good husband, I swear. How would I ever live without him to make me feel better? ... We're going to be fine. I just need to calm down and-

OH, MEW, CRESSELIA, AND DARKRAI, IT'S ON FIRE AGAIN! THIS CHILD-THESE CHILDREN-WHATEVER IS LIGHTING ITSELF ON FIRE IN THERE RIGHT NOW-WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME! WHERE DID I PUT THE FIRE BLANKET? WHY CAN'T I FIND THESE THINGS WHEN I NEED THEM THE MOST? AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Alabaster

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:45 pm
User Image

WELCOME TO THE WORLD, FELIX!

Hiatused Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff