Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sωεετ ßεαuτιғul lιεs ♥

Back to Guilds

This is a haven for Master/Slave LITERATE - ADVANCED experienced roleplayers. 

Tags: Master, Slave, Roleplaying, Literate, Advanced 

Reply ♣ ρяιvatє яєsidaиcє ♣
Okamura Residence Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Child of 1000 generations

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:02 pm
User Image
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

”Someone once said that ‘People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.’"

User Image_________________________User Image
User Image
Rin grinned. If he arrived late AND brought Lucien with him, those stuffy old men might have a fit! They were always going on about proper procedure and conduct, criticizing his wardrobe and stating that he wasn’t living up to the Okamura name. He rolled his eyes. If he wanted to live up to the name, he would have to dumb himself down quite a bit. A name was a name and his had held no real importance until he had turned the company around. Stupid stuffed shirts…

“Well… it would be funny to see them have conniptions from me being late again AND you being there, but maybe it should only be one of the two,” he mused. He didn’t need to push too many buttons today. He’d already done that this week. Besides, he was certain that at least one of them was behind the attempted assassinations. He didn’t want to provoke them into trying to kill him right then and there. “I suppose it would be good to get there on time,” he said reluctantly. Seeing the creation of the flower, he watched as it floated over to him. Reaching up, he grabbed it, looking it over and marveling at the design. “So pretty…” He could like pretty things, couldn’t he? For his hair hm? Well, he did dress like a girl, might as well complete the look right? Tucking the origami flower into his hair just in front of his ear, he smiled. “Thank you.”

Tail swishing in happiness, he got to his feet. “Come on, we should go if we’re going to get there before all the old people.” He snickered to himself. Insulting them behind their backs was rather fun at times, if only because they didn’t know he did so. Heading towards the elevator, he pressed the button. Playtime was over. He had to get serious now. Entering the elevator, he moved to the back, waiting for Lucien to get on. Once he did, he pressed the button to head down. It was then that he began to think. He showed quite a different side to the board, one that was well, a bit snotty to say the least.

“Lucien… I’m going to be acting really different from before while we’re there,” he said hesitantly. “Um, please… don’t hate me for it…” His attitude when dealing with the board, when dealing with people he wasn’t comfortable around in general, was that of a smart mouthed brat. An intelligent brat who knew what he was doing, but still… He hated acting that way, but it was the only way he had ever been able to assert control in meetings. And now Lucien was going to see him like that. He didn’t want his first friend to hate him for acting like a spoiled selfish creature now…

x
x
x

x
"But I think that walls are plenty fine, so long as we remember to include doors.”

((It's all good. I didn't give you much to go of of anyways. xD))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:34 pm
❝ Happiness...
Lucien Donovan
User Image

It has always been my belief that a man should do his best, regardless of how much he
receives for his services, or the number of people he may be serving or the class of people served.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lucien nodded as his master decieded that they'd be on time, for the meeting, saying that they should only be one of the two. "He knows were to draw the line and not cross it. A good trait to have in the world." Lucien thought with a smile. His master was a child, but he knew how to restrain himself. Restraint was a good quality to have no matter what field you were in, but in business particularly it was a useful thing. It kept bank accounts from being emptied, lawsuits from being lost, and kept hard working people employed. Yes, restraint was what the world truly ran on. Without it the greed in men's hearts would consume them, and the world would be a pool of chaos and crime as people strive to reach the top and still take more. At least thats how Lucien understood it, but that was simply one person's opinion on a broad subject.

Lucien smiled as his master's face lit up as he looked the flower over. "No, thank you for showing me your wonderful garden." Lucien said, with a cheerful smile. He was happy with the outcome of the flower, it didn't look like it came with the outfit, but it added a bit more feminine-ness and innocence to his appearance. "I think it suits you anyways." he said with kind expression. Innocence suited any child, but his master especially. He was young, but also held the power of a large corporation. He was so powerful that he was a target of assassination attempts, and yet he was humble and caring. "If only more leaders could be like you." he thought, and took a moment to picture it. "Maybe my mother and I would be running a library somewhere in a world like that." he thought, his kind expression starting to thaw and reveal the underlying sadness. It had been over two hundred years since he had seen his mother, but he still loved her.

As Lucien got lost in his thoughts, the rabbit and fox ran back from exploring the garden and stopped in front of Lucien. The sudden arrival of the paper animals made Lucien snap out of his thoughts. With a small smile Lucien lowered one of his hands, and the two creatures hopped on him and climbed to his shoulders, the rabbit sitting on his left and the fox on his right. Gently he petted the rabbit and fox, then looked back at his master when he heard him say it was time to leave. He gave a nod and walked behind his master, a smile of amusement on his face as his master insulted the board. behind their backs. Lucien found it funny that his master could be so mature, and yet still act like a child at times. It was a good thing though. A child should be able to relax and act their age sometime, especially someone like Rin who had a high stress job and someone out to kill him. Someone who Lucien might have the displeasure of meeting in a matter of minutes. "To hire an assassin to kill such an innocent child, this guy must really be a pathetic moron." he thought with a scowl. Killing a child was one thing, but hiring someone else to do it for you was a whole different matter. And to hire someone who caused such collateral damage by using explosives was idiotic. He was a child, a scared little boy that bought Lucien to protect him and be his friend. How could any sane, intelligent person do that?

Lucien followed his master into the elevator, anxiously awaiting the meeting. He turned his head when his master spoke, and rose an eyebrow. "He's apologizing for his behavior before he even does something wrong. How interesting." he thought. He waited for his master to continue during his hesitation, his face blank and focused on the young kitsune. When Rin finally did speak again, Lucien broke out into a smile. "I won't hate you for behaving differently for the board. Actually I'm looking forward to your transformation for these old guys. I wouldn't hate you even if you turned into some snotty little brat." he said, and let out a small laugh. Lucien was intelligent, but he had no clue how close to the truth he was. "Besides, I could never hate someone who's so good at designing gardens. I saw it all though the eyes of my creatures." he said, and the two origami animals on his shoulders nodded. While he had been talking with her master before images of the garden where being transferred from his origami to the back of his mind. The link was a useful way to learn new things, though he'd have to have a proper walk around the park for him to get a real view of it.

The elevator chimed, and the doors opened. With a grin on his face, Lucien turned to face Rin again, "So, are you ready for your meeting?" he asked curiously, holding the stack of papers in his arms. The stack had shrunk to a more manageable size since he had carried it down. Putting on a performance tended to use a lot of paper, but it meant that he could go to the meeting without stopping at his new room first.

consists in giving, and in serving others. ❞

My collar contains...
♨ , ❤ , ➳
A cook and servant, A Loving Passionate Romantic, A Protector as well.
- { O.O.C. } -

Inkay_Activist

Romantic Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cat Fancier 100

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:22 am
User Image
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

”Someone once said that ‘People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.’"

User Image
“I’m glad I could share my garden!” Rin stated cheerfully. “It feels much nicer up there with someone else to talk to.” He reached up and touched the flower. Suited him huh? “You think so?” he asked, tail swishing merrily behind him. No one had said anything like that to him before. It was nice, he decided. “Thank you.” Noticing the sad look on Lucien’s face, he frowned. “Is something wrong?” He asked quietly. He was slightly distracted when the fox and rabbit Lucien had made returned, climbing up to the other’s shoulders.

He leaned back on the elevator wall, closing his eyes momentarily. All too soon he’d be discussing finance and product sales. Truth be told, he didn’t want to do any of that. He found it to be utterly boring and a waste of time. After all, he reviewed reports and adjusted things accordingly whenever he had to. Really, he thought that the board should meet when things needed to be revamped, there was a problem with the system, or when something/someone new was being introduced, with a meeting every two weeks to make sure things were still running in order. That made the most sense to him, but the board liked to hold weekly meetings for no apparent reason. When everything was running as it should, there should be no need to whine and complain about things as they did. He bit his lip, holding back the sigh that wanted to come out. There was no point in complaining about it, not when it wouldn’t change how things were. He had learned that a long time ago.

The main thing that irritated him wasn’t the meetings though. It was the fact that somewhere among the members of the board was someone who wanted him dead. Well, it was quite possible that nearly all of them wouldn’t mind it if he was dead, but there was someone there who took it a step further and tried to have him killed. That was what truly terrified him, though he tried not to let it show. Every time he entered that room, he was reminded that he wasn’t wanted there, and there were people who would be willing to find a way to remove him. And he hated it.

Looking over at Lucien, he relaxed slightly when the other assured him that his attitude wouldn’t cause the paper manipulator to hate him. He hadn’t realized just how much he’d wanted to hear that until the words were spoken. So he couldn’t hate someone who could design gardens? How did he know what they… oh. Rin blinked. He used the paper creations to see what the place looked like. That sounded like a very handy trick indeed. “That is so cool. And you really think it’s good?” He asked eagerly. He really had wanted it to be so. It was after all, the only reminder of the one perfect day in his life. “And I suppose snotty brat would be a good word for what I act like,” he said cheerfully. “I guess it’s my turn to put on a show for you.” He laughed and shook his head.

Hearing the elevator chime, he frowned and stood up straight. “Ready? Well, I’m as ready as I ever am,” he murmured. “Here we go I guess.” He exited the elevator, heading down the hallway until they reached a double door. Taking a deep breath, he fixed a smirk to his face and pushed them open to reveal a large rectangular table. The members of the board weren’t there just yet, and he quickly made his way over to his chair, sitting down and propping his feet up on the table.

It wasn’t long before the members of the board began to enter, casting glances of surprise that quickly turned into looks of contempt at him when they realized he was on time before looking over at Lucien, faces blanking out in shock. No doubt they were wondering who he was. Once they found out, things were sure to get interesting. Once everyone was seated, he leaned back in his chair. “Alright, everybody’s here, so what did you want to nag me about this time?” he asked, a look of bored disinterest fixed onto his face.

One of the board members cleared his throat, an irritated expression clearly visible. “We are not here to NAG as you so put it,” he began venomously. “We simply wish to discuss the budget going into the R&D department, as well as several investments made into a Lightman corporation. But before we do that, I think I speak for everyone when I ask who might your... companion be?” He raised an eyebrow. Murmurs of agreement echoed from around the table. Rin smirked, looking over at Lucien for a moment. “Well, let’s go over those in order shall we?” he asked pleasantly. “The R&D budget was approved by ME in order to help MY company continue to expand. We can easily afford it, and it will help in the long run with several projects we have going. The Lightman corporation is a privately owned business that asked for my help, which I chose to give. They are experimenting with arclight technology, and I believe that with the financial backing they receive from this company, it will most likely be possible to mass produce it as an energy source. My decision was not made in haste. As for who my friend is, he is just that, my friend and my bodyguard. His name is Lucien.”

The board member who had spoken earlier gritted his teeth in frustration. “Bodyguard? You did not have him with you last time.” It was painfully obvious that he was making an effort to sound civil. Down the table, another member of the board, a tall man with dark hair light streaked grey, glared at Rin once the word ‘bodyguard’ was mentioned. Rin grinned, not even bothering to hide his amusement. “Well, of course he wasn’t with me last time. I just bought him today,” he said innocently.

Pandemonium broke out at his statement. “A slave!?” One of the members roared. “You would bring a slave to a board meeting?” Rin’s gaze grew cold. “He is not my slave,” he said frigidly. “He is my bodyguard and my friend.” Another member laughed. “FRIEND? You? Well, I suppose since you paid for him…” she trailed off, a smug look on her face. Rin gritted his teeth. “Enough,” he snarled. “We came here to discuss business, not my personal life, which is none of your business I might add.” The members continued to murmured amongst themselves, shooting Lucien barely concealed looks of disgust. Rin just managed to keep his ears from drooping. He didn’t want the woman to know exactly how much her words had affected him after all. He had bought Lucien… what if the other was his friend simply because of that? He didn’t want to think about it in those terms though. He looked over at Lucien apologetically. He hadn’t meant to make the other the center of attention like that…

x
x
x

x
"But I think that walls are plenty fine, so long as we remember to include doors.”

(())  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:41 pm
❝ Happiness...
Lucien Donovan
User Image

It has always been my belief that a man should do his best, regardless of how much he
receives for his services, or the number of people he may be serving or the class of people served.

Lucien smiled as his master reacted so happily to his compliments. He was happy to see Rin so cheerful. "Your welcome. It stands out against your blond hair nicely, and it compliments your pale skin." he explained with a smile. Pink and yellow went together fairly well, and the white of the flower drew the on looker's gaze to the matching pale skin of his master's face, and other revealed parts. "I wonder if any of the robots he's hired ever compliments him. Probably not very often." he thought, managing to hide the sadness of his face this time. Corporate people didn't know how to handle kids, thats why they either bought a slave or hired a nanny. They didn't know how to raise offspring otherwise, which was blatantly obvious in the behaviors Rin described. "To not even have a mother's love..." it was an appalling thought that Lucien tried to remove from his mind. He couldn't be too angry before walking into that room, it would make his master look a fool for buying such an easily angered slave.

Lucien's thoughts were interrupted when his master quietly asked if something was wrong. Lucien put on a small smile and shook his head. "No, I was just thinking about my mother. I haven't seen her in over two hundred years, so I look a little sad whenever I do." he explained. His mother had been the only reason he hadn't killed himself while under the control of his father. Instead he had tried to free himself and his mother by killing the beast, but all he had succeeded in doing was separating them. Thinking about it made him sad, but he didn't want to drag his master down with his own issues when he had more than enough himself.

Lucien smiled again as his master eagerly asked if he thought the garden was good. He nodded, "Yes. It was relaxing to look at, but I think it'll be even better once I get a first hand view of it." he said with a smile. The garden had been well organized, and even if it was a copy the attention to detail was extremely good. It was all seemingly scattered about with paths, but if you looked at the bigger picture it was like a lattice board. It wasn't too cluttered either, so you didn't feel overwhelmed by the plants, and at the same time you didn't think you were in the middle of a bustling city. His master had created a nice balance that was pleasing to look at and be around. It was easy to see why he spent so much time there. Lucien's smile grew as his master admitted that he acted like a snotty brat, and that it was his turn to put on a show. "I look forward to watching then." he said.

Lucien followed Rin into the conference hall, and stood behind his master, standing a bit to the side so that the board members would be able to see him. No one else was there, but it wouldn't be long before they started to pile in. Each one seemed to scowl at Rin before having their expressions wiped clean by noticing someone new watching over their leader's shoulder. Lucien gave each of them a warm smile, choosing to retain his child form for the meeting. Once all the seats were taken his master began the show, leaning back in his chair and asking what they were going to nag him about now. "It seem as though this might be an entertaining show." he thought with a smile, and watched as a show unveiled it's self before him.

It wasn't long before a member of the board spoke up, his annoyance painfully visible on his face. It seemed as though this wasn't his first time witnessing the board leader's act, as he tried to calmly correct the young kitsune. Lucien's smile grew as he asked who he was, and he switched his attention from the old man to his young master. After Rin explained the situation with the 'Lightman corporation' he addressed the man's second question. Who Lucien was. As his master finished explaining that he was his friend and bodyguard, Lucien smiled warmly across the room. "I guess they don't like blunt answers." he thought, as the board member objected, asking why he wasn't there last time, and another looking particularly angered by the development. "I'll have to keep my eye on you." he thought, turning his attention to the tall man with a grey streak while his master retorted innocently.

Lucien's attention shifted away from the man when another old man roared out in disapproval at the realization that he was a slave. A small smirk came to his lips at the argument. "Why not bring a slave? It's not like we can sell any secrets or leak information." he thought. Another cry of disapproval broke out after his master defended him, this time mocking his master. It had come from a woman, and she implied that Lucien was Rin's friend simply because he had purchased him. Lucien sent the woman a scowl, and ignored all other stares to focus on the woman with a smug look on her face. "These people think that the only way he could have a friend is if he bought someone to do it. If he hadn't been forced into such an environment by them then it wouldn't have to be true! I think it's time that I speak for myself." he decided.

Lucien ignored Rin's apologetic look and changed his age to that of a twenty year old. In a matter of moments Lucien aged years before the elderly board that his master was in charge of, and his clothes seemed to shrink as Lucien's new shape filled them perfectly. Lucien cleared his throat before he spoke, to make sure that his voice wouldn't be off after such a sudden change. "Yes, I am Rin's new friend and bodyguard." he began with a smile, looking around the room to see the board's reactions to his sudden change in height and appearance.

Lucien rested his eyes on the woman who had looked so smug, and his gaze cooled, "I am not his friend because he purchased me though, and I don't want any of you antediluvian hand-me-downs thinking that once Rin tires of me you can purchase me and have a new friend as well." he said, giving a roll of his eyes as he moved his attention away from the woman that had been so smug with his master, and back down to Rin. "I'm a fan of gardens, and Rin is one of the best designers that I've had the pleasure of being purchased for. Aside from his natural talents, he has a personality that I find irresistible, not that any of you would be able to see it without a stronger prescription of glasses though." he said, shooting the woman with glasses that had insulted his master a sarcastic smile, "I'm sure if any of you were able to afford a better eye doctor you could see it as well, but I suppose even glasses couldn't aid the blind." he said with a light shrug, and moved his attention to the man with the dark hair and silver streak. "And if any of you are curious as to if I'm good enough to look after your precious leader, I think I should inform you that I was an assassin for over fifty years." he smiled coyly at the man before continuing, "And I'm very loyal to any master I dub worthy of friendship, so you can sleep soundly, knowing he's in good hands." he said, and flicked his attention to the man that spoke out on behalf of the board several times. He gave the man a warm smile, "I think that answers any questions you all might have, so I'll let you all get back to business." he said cheerfully with a bow, then shrunk back to a child's form.

Lucien cleared his throat, and cupped his hands around Rin's ear. "I'm sorry if I interrupted your performance." he whispered, his voice back to what it had been before he aged to twenty. He smiled reassuringly, and removed his hands from his master's ear. Lucien was a proud person, and he didn't like people insulting him or his master. Doing both in the same string of words only made Lucien angrier, so he couldn't help but speak up on both his and his master's behalf. He hoped that his master realised that, but if not he was willing to take a punishment.

My collar contains...
♨ , ❤ , ➳
- { Sorry it took a few days, I was having a bit of a block as to what to write } -

Inkay_Activist

Romantic Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cat Fancier 100

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:17 pm
User Image

User Image
His tail wagged behind him happily at the compliments, mind filing them away to be remembered. He hadn’t received many of those. “Wow… Two hundred years is a long time…” Rin had yet to even reach his first hundredth birthday. He tried to imagine what it would have been like to not see his parents for that long. It had been several years yes, but since he hadn’t had a great relationship with them, he couldn’t really imagine how Lucien was feeling. “I’m sorry,” he murmured, suppressing a minute feeling of jealousy. Lucien seemed to love his mother very much. She must have been a very nice person. He wondered what his life would have been like I his own mother had been nice as well, but found himself unable to do so. Forcing the thought back before it could dampen his mood, he smiled. “You can come to the garden whenever you want,” he stated. “So you can look at it later.”

Rin was getting tired of all the insults these meetings seemed to generate. Every time he attended one of them, he left feeling worse than when he arrived. If he could ever find a way to stop them, he would. The woman, as cruel as she was, had hit a nerve. He was not going to be very happy when this was all over. Wondering what he could possibly say, he looked silently at Lucien, blinking in amazement as the other shifted his form to that of his twenty-year old self. Right… he’d forgotten that he could change his appearance like that. The board’s reaction to the sudden change was almost as amusing as the other’s words. The woman blinked in surprise, jaw dropping as her face paled. Various outbursts and gasps could be heard throughout the room. Hunched in his chair, Rin listened in amazement as Lucien spoke, trying to hide his amused smile behind his hand. He didn’t think any of the people gathered around the table had heard quite so many insults directed at themselves at one time like this. The compliment about the garden had his flushing, even as the snorts and shakes of heads revealed the people’s feelings of Rin’s garden habits. His personality? He hadn’t thought there was much to like about it, but Lucien found it nice. Irresistible… He looked down at the table, red taking over his features. Great, now he was doing a pretty good impression of a tomato.

At the inference of blindness, he choked on a snicker. The woman, one Mary McGee, was very sensitive about her glasses, as he’d learned a long time ago. She didn’t like people insinuating that her eyes were bad. Her voice shrieked out moments later. “HOW DARE YOU!” Rin slammed his hand on the table, glaring at her. He may not be respected as he wanted, but he still held a lot of the power here, and he wasn’t going to have her yelling at his friend. For once, she actually quieted. Wow… Lucien must have been having a greater effect on her than Rin had originally thought.

Upon hearing that Lucien had been an assassin, the murmurs turned towards the idea that he wasn’t safe to be around, and that Rin should get rid of him. He clenched his fist, nails digging into the table. How dare they try to presume what was ‘best’ for him. They knew of the attempts on his life after all. In his opinion, having Lucien around made him safer. The silver streaked man clenched his jaw and looked away, scowling with… disappointment? It wasn’t entirely clear. The murmurings were slightly quiet, but disapproval could be seen in their body language. It was evident that some of them had been thinking about trying to poach Lucien away from Rin, and his statements made it clear that they would not have the opportunity to do so. The main speaker shrunk back in his chair. “Fine, that answers our questions,” he snapped. “But we’ll be keeping an eye out on you.” He sat up straighter, obviously expecting the threat to cow Lucien somewhat.

Feeling Lucien’s hands by his ear, Rin managed to suppress a jump. Smiling at him, he shook his head. “No, actually, you really helped me,” he murmured back. “She always makes me angry and I can never concentrate or snap back at her right.” He looked down in shame. She knew that, and it was one of the things she capitalized on. This was the first time she had been put in her place like that, and he had to admit, it was very fun to watch. Clearing his throat, he fixed a smile to his face. “Thank you for your inormative words Lucien,” he said loudly. Looking around the table at the board members, he sneered. “Well, if you adults are done throwing your tantrums, shall we finish our business?” he drawled, leaning back in his chair. With that, order, or what passed for it in this case, was restored, though the murmurings of ‘dangerous’ and ‘disrespectful’ could still be heard. At least until he glared at the ones murmuring them. It was settled though. He was going to have a fairly large headache by the time this was all done.

The meeting continued along that line for the remaining hour and half. When it was over, sure enough, Rin was nursing a particularly vicious headache. Getting to his feet, he held his hand towards the door. “You all know the way out,” he muttered. Leaning against the wall, he watched as the cleared out. All but one that it. The silver streaked man, better known at Matthias Grey, made his way over to Rin. “Sir, you might want to reconsider your association with this fellow.” He gestured to Lucien. “I know having a…” he hesitated. “Friend… might seem to be attractive, but if word got out that you had purchased a slave…” he trailed off. Rin hunched in on himself. True, publicity could be bad… but he didn’t care. Lucien had been kinder to him in one afternoon than most people had been their whole lives when he was around. He glared. “I know what I am doing Matthias,” he snapped. “And he’s not my slave, he’s my bodyguard. Pay attention would you?” He turned away, tail bristling in agitation. Matthias stepped back, hands up in a placating gesture. “Now now, there’s no need to get upset. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing, that’s all.” Smiling, he continued to back away. Looking at Lucien, he nodded his head. “Make sure you guard him carefully.” His tone was pleasant. “There are a lot of people out to do him harm, and we don’t want any of them to succeed.” With that, he turned and swept out of the room. Once he was gone, RIn collapsed to the floor, leaning his head back against the wall.

“That was fun,” he muttered sarcastically. “I HATE dealing with them so much.” Looking up at Lucien, he cleared his throat. “Thank you. For what you said. I got used to no one defending me like that. It was a nice change.” With that, he looked back down at the floor.

x
x
x

x

(())  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:24 pm
❝ Happiness...
Lucien Donovan
User Image

Lucien smiled when Rin's tail started to wag happily. It seemed as though Lucien's words worked, which made him happy as well. At the mention of how long it had been since he had last seen his mother Lucien's smile didn't falter. "I suppose, but I'm sure she's sitting on a nice library shelf somewhere." he said. Ever since he and his mother had been separated, he had hoped that was the fate she had ended up having to face. She wasn't technically a slave, she had been a normal spell scroll when he had purchased her, only to become a Kyōrinrin later. So she was auctioned off along with the rest of Lucien's father's library after Lucien killed him. His slaves were sold to a market to be redistributed throughout the area, which is how Lucien and his mother were separated. Lucien shook his head when Rin apologized, "It's fine. I just hope that you won't let my retrospectives dampen your mood." he said cheerfully. His master didn't need any more reasons to feel sad, and Lucien had learned how to deal with his issues a long time ago. There was no reason to reopen old wounds and add to the work Lucien had ahead of him. His smile grew as his master told him he could go to the garden whenever he wanted to. "Thank you, I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

--

Lucien was pleased to see and hear all the gasps that rang out at his sudden transformation from a teenager to an adult. The gasps, wide eyes, and occasional outburst, for some odd reason Lucien still doesn't understand, never gets boring. Though this audience was new, the thrill was the same, and he look on that rude little shrew's face was the cherry on top. She had visibly paled, and her jaw simply dropped. "I guess she doesn't have much else to say." he thought as he begun his speech.

Lucien was surprised to see the deep red hue on his master's face when he looked down during his speech, but continued on, keeping the amusement stored away until after his work was done. "I guess no one was expecting that. I'll have to think more carefully before complimenting my master so much. I don't want to overwhelm him, he's not used to affection after all." Lucien thought as he returned his gaze to the shrew that dared to insult his master so. Her reaction to his insults, directed at everyone though especially her, almost made him loose face and burst out laughing. She had shrieked across the room at him in an outrage, saying "how dare you". When Rin slammed his hand on the table, Lucien was genuinely surprised. "So he does have some control over these people, thats a good thing. I guess I hit a nerve with the shrewd though. I'll have to remember that for later if she tries to insult one of us again." he thought, pleased to know that he had something to hold over the old crone's head.

Lucien was a bit annoyed to hear the negative reaction to the insight of his credentials for the job. "Tch. I just said that I'm loyal to master's that I consider a friend, and have dubbed Rin as that several times now. Are these people that dense or do they all have a hit man out for Rin's head? Imbeciles. Worse than incompetent slaves!" he thought, and his attention was drawn again to that silver haired man with seemed so angry before. He now seemed disappointed at the development of Lucien as Rin's bodyguard. "Angry that he got a body guard, and disappointed that I have so much experience. Are you the incompetent fool I'm searching for?" he thought, focusing more on the man. He didn't seem so incompetent, but he was a fool not to hide his emotions, especially in front of one as observant as Lucien. The spokesman for the board spoke up again, and sadly Lucien moved his focus from the silver streaked man to the older man. He seemed to be threatening Lucien, now there was a joke. Without even a flick of his wrist Lucien could send the two origami creatures sitting still on his shoulders after the man and have him dead in a matter of seconds. He wouldn't of course, but the idea of someone so powerless against Lucien daring to threaten him was outrageous. "And I on you." Lucien said with an innocent smile. It was his job to protect his master, so setting up a surveillance of his own was surely an obvious measure.

Lucien smiled back at Rin as he said that he had helped him. "I'm happy to be of help then." he said with a smile, but at the addition of the shrew's crimes he frowned for a moment, glancing at the crone. "So this isn't the first time." he thought, then looked back at Rin. "I can deal with her whenever she says anything out of line if you want." he offered quietly, a warm smile on his face. When his master cleared his throat though, Lucien took a step back, returning to his original position before his speech to the board. As the meeting progressed shock waves of his information could be seen in the quiet mutterings around the room. Every time he heard "dangerous", or "disrespectful", Lucien couldn't help but smile broadly. He was dangerous, but only to those who made of an enemy of him, and he was disrespectful, but only to those that disrespected his master. This board had done both, and in nearly record time too. Only in a few situations had Lucien's opinion dropped so low so fast, and none of those had so many people.

Lucien was relieved to see the room clear out so quickly at the meeting's end. If many of those fools had stayed late trying to talk Rin out of having Lucien as a slave he might of have had to show a demonstration of his abilities, and he did hate to waste his new paper so. In the end only one board member remained, and seeing who it was Lucien smirked. "Suspect number one, how interesting." he thought, and moved to his master's side protectively. The man was asking the same thing that everyone on the board wanted, for Rin to reconsider and sell Lucien. His attempt failed, as Lucien hoped it would. His master turned away from the man, named Mattias apparently, his tail bristled. With a smirk Lucien watched as the man held up his hands and started to back away slowly, as if Rin was a dangerous animal. Mattias turned his attention to Lucien then, which was of mild surprise. His request didn't make Lucien suspect him any less, though the pleasant tone was a nice surprise. "I always do my job, so don't worry. When I catch the puppets that have been sent after my Rin, I'll follow their stings up to their master. I have ways of making puppets talk, so it's only a matter of time." Lucien said cheerfully to the silver haired man, making good use of his more child-like pitch. What he said could be taken as a threat or as an innocent vow. However the man took it, it would still ring true. He wanted to find the people masterminding the operation as soon as possible, but to find the end of the trail you must start at the beginning.

Lucien sat beside his master after he collapsed beside the wall. "I can see why. A bunch of incompetent stiffs by the looks of things." he said bluntly, then smiled. "It was a pleasure defending you. I couldn't stand the way they insulted you before." he said truthfully, shaking his head a bit. It was true that Rin wasn't the board's elder, but that didn't mean he shouldn't be respected. If anything he should be even more applauded for his ability to manage the company so well when so inexperienced. "Are you feeling ok?" he asked, his expression and soft voice clearly showing the concern he held. Stress could cause a lot of annoying aches and pains, and since his master had collapsed against a wall as soon as the room emptied of people, he wanted to be sure he was ok.

My collar contains...
♨ , ❤ , ➳
- { OOC } -

Inkay_Activist

Romantic Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cat Fancier 100

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 pm
User Image

User Image
The board member’s displeasure was the high point of the meeting, Rin reflected. Especially the spokesperson’s reaction to being told that Lucien would be keeping an eye on him as well. Priceless… Everything else had just been one big irritant. Thankfully he hadn’t had to go through it alone. He hadn’t realized just how much those meetings took a toll on him until Lucien had helped to alleviate some of the pressure, something that he was immensely grateful for. Honestly though, dealing with the board was a constant pain that he wished he could be rid of. Still, they were actually better than the previous board, which didn’t say much for them, but still. It could have been worse. Or could it? When he added in the fact that it was likely someone from the board trying to kill him, things just ended up getting complicated.

He couldn’t undestand their negative reaction to him having a bodyguard though. Well, for the one trying to kill him it would be an inconvenience he supposed, but surely the rest of them shouldn’t have been quite so irritated… Unless there were more of them who wanted him dead. He knew he could be irritating, but that was because they were so difficult in the first place. "If you continue helping me deal with that lady, I would be ever so grateful,” he mumbled. “She tends to remind me of my mother, and not in a good way.” Then again, there was very little of his mother to remember in a good way, so he supposed the comparison was rather accurate.

Lucien’s words to Mattias stuck in his mind. He actually felt comfort from the thought that Lucien was there to protect him. Mattias had given him a look, one that made it impossible to tell what he had been thinking, as he’d left. Rin never knew what to make of that look. He didn’t know much about the man, except that he rarely spoke during the board meetings, and as such, he’d never been able to determine whether he was friend or foe. It meant that he unfortunately and possibly unfairly lumped him in with the rest of the group.

He nodded his head, closing his eyes. “They act like incompetent stiffs, but things actually get done and they can be useful at times,” he murmured. Not often enough for his taste, but still… “I’m fine. I usually get headaches after dealing with them. It’ll go away in a few minutes. How are you doing? Now you've seen how the board works. Fun, isn't it?” he joked. Struggling to his feet, he remained leaning against the wall. “I have to make that phone call and sign papers now, don’t I?” he mumbled. For some reason, it seemed like such a chore at the moment. But he had to get it done. Perhaps in a few minutes. Surely he could get away with a little break after dealing with the board. Not too long, but just enough for him to feel less stressed…

“So your mama might be back on a shelf somewhere then,” he murmured thoughtfully, going back to something they had been speaking about before the meeting. “I wonder if any of the scrolls or books in my library could become like her someday…” He trailed off, wondering what would happen if that ever came to pass. He didn’t think it was likely, but his curiosity was peaked.

x
x
x

x

((I'm sorry. Rin was blocking for a while there.))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:34 pm
❝ Happiness...
Lucien Donovan
User Image

Lucien frowned as his master mumbled that the cold woman with glasses was much alike his own mother. He said it wasn't a good thing, and from he had told Lucien before, the slave believed him. It was sad that the boy in front of him would of had to of dealt with such a cold hearted woman on a more regular basis, especially when the cold woman was your mother. Lucien kept himself from shaking his head in disgust. His mother had been the only thing in his life that made him keep going when he was younger. For the manyith time that day, Lucien wondered how Rin kept going on. He hadn't had a friend, and was constantly abused verbally. "I guess you can't miss what you've never had." He thought with a frown. "Or maybe you just grow numb to the insults and cold attitudes." Suddenly a smile appeared on Lucien's face, and he cupped his hand around Rin's ear again. "Any time, I'll be there to help." he said quietly, and pulled back, a new warmth in his smile. "Well, whatever his life was like before, I'll make sure it changes." he thought as he looked at his master.

Lucien's attention shifted away from his master and back to the grey haired man that acted so suspiciously. He didn't say anything to Lucien, but gave Rin a look that was difficult to read. It might of meant something like, So this is my new opponent, or I'm glad I'm not the one behind all this, or possibly, how much did you tell him. Those were the possibilities that ran through Lucien's mind as he tried to read the man's body language, and his own Master's response to it. "I wonder how well Rin knows this Matthias person..." he thought as he sensed a bit of confusion from his master's expression as well. "Whatever the case, I'll keep an eye on silver back. Friend or Foe, I don't think I trust much of anyone here around Rin." he thought with a small frown as he watched Mattias depart from the meeting room.

L
ucien's eyes followed the man as he left, but once he was out of view returned his attention to his master Rin. A small smile came to his lips as Rin defended the board from Lucien's insult. "Well at least they earn their keep part of the time then." he said with a bit of amusement in his voice, trying to cheer his master up. He chuckled as his master asked how he was know that he knew how the circus was run. "I'm fine, though I think I had more fun than you did." he said, pausing when his master stood up. "Maybe after you finish your other business I can make the day a bit more fun for you." Lucien offered after his master mumbled about the work he still had a head of him. His master seemed much older after the meeting. He was tired, had a headache, and his speech was quieter, more reserved. It was like watching a man that had been doing the same thing for years take a break in his life to relax before jumping back in. It was curious to see such a change in his master, but he didn't comment on it any further. It was obvious his master didn't want to discuss his health, and it would be rude and possibly aggravating for Lucien to try and pry deeper. "I wonder just how long he's had to deal with these people." he thought with a small frown.

Lucien stood up and leaned against the wall like Rin. He looked at his younger master, and, not for the first time, wondered just how old his master was. The more time he spent with his new master the more he questioned the kitsune's age. He appeared to be a teenager, but appearance wasn't much to go on when dealing with a fox spirit. His apparent skills in business and maturity made Lucien think him to be older, but his general innocence made him question that. From what he had gathered the kitsune had lived a sheltered life, a very cold one at that, which would explain Rin's innocence and business prowess for any age. Maturity often depended on the individual, it could come to a young child or wait until adulthood to settle in, if it ever did. "Perhaps I'll ask him when he's feeling better. He doesn't seem to be in the mood to talk about himself right now." Lucien decided.

Lucien was a bit surprised to have the subject of his loving mother brought up again, but he smiled at Rin's statement. "Yes. Hopefully on a nice one where it's not too damp or cold though. Mold is horrible for manuscripts." he said jokingly with a smile. He listened thoughtfully as Rin thought out loud, comparing his mother's transformation to the possibility of something similar happening in his library. "Perhaps, but from what my mother told me you'd have to use the book or scroll at least once a month for a hundred years before it could be given a life of it's own." he said, tapping his chin lightly as he thought back to when he was a child. After a short pause he smiled, "I guess you'll just have to pay more attention to your books to find out." Lucien said cheerfully. His father had used his mother's scroll for a hundred years almost daily out of necessity, and when she came to life it was a pleasant surprise to his father. A surprise that he took full advantage of. His greediness came back to haunt him years later though, Lucien made sure of that.

Lucien placed his hand over Rin's forehead. "Has your headache gone away yet?" he asked, all amusement wiped away from his expression. Lucien didn't like to see his masters in pain, and was a bit over protective when it came to a master's health. "Good, it doesn't feel warm." he thought, and withdrew his hand. From what Rin had said before, the headaches were as routine as the board meetings. "Stress then. Not that I could expect any less from a group like that." he thought a bit annoyed. "At least Rin shouldn't have to sit through another meeting for another week." It was a small consolation for having to watch his master be ridiculed by his employees, Lucien would have to think of a way to stop that soon. It was ridiculous for a man who was as able as his master appeared to be to have to sit through an hour of idiots trying to undermine him. "Insecure weaklings." Lucien thought with a frown, but then removed those thoughts from his mind. It wasn't the time to be getting angry. Rin was in pain and looked as though he needed him.

A small smile came to Lucien's face once again as he looked back at Rin's tired expression. "Is there anything I can do to help?" he asked. Lucien hadn't had much experience in office work, but he didn't want to just stand there while his master slaved away, especially when his young master was suffering from a headache. It made Lucien feel useless and like a waste of space.

My collar contains...
Teal - orange - silver - gray - dark blue - rosy brown
Sheild - Guardian, Pacifier - Lover, Spider - Assassin, Gloves - Servant, Pen - literate, Fire- Cook.

- { I'm sorry it took me so long TT-TT } -

( I was away from the computer most of this weekend so I didn't get caught up on my posts )

Inkay_Activist

Romantic Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cat Fancier 100

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:34 pm
User Image

User Image
RIn’s response to Mattias’ look was to shrink back slightly. Even without knowing if the man was friend or foe, he had to admit it made him slightly uneasy to be around the older man. Then again, that could just be his usual distrustfulness making itself known again. He pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind. Mattias was gone and he had no reason to keep thinking about it right now.

He started slightly as he felt Lucien’s hand cupping around his ear and heard the whispered words. Rin leaned into the touch, a faint smile on his lips. He rather liked having his ears touched, though he never told anyone. Lucien’s hand felt nice, though he wished he would scratch the spot just a few centimeters to the left of his fingers… He had to keep himself from leaning forward once Lucien drew his hand away, instead smiling and nodding slightly. “Thank you. That means a lot to me.” Having someone around who actually wanted to help him was a novelty. What had started out as a whim to have a friend was quickly turning into one of the better decisions he had made.

“Well if you had fun, then that’s a good thing.” He grinned in satisfaction. “It’s about time someone made those old fogeys feel even a quarter of the frustration they inflict on others.” He lightly tugged on his tail. “And at least they didn’t give you a headache.” It was bad enough that he always seemed to get one after the meetings, but it Lucien had ended up with one too, well, that would have been completely unfair. The next part of Lucien’s words made him perk up a bit. “Really? You mean like telling another story?” he asked hopefully. Or maybe playing with the origami animals. That did sound fun. Then again, pretty much anything was more fun than working. Not that he would say so out loud…

Lucien’s hope regarding his mother made Rin smile. “I hope so too,” He said honestly. Lucien had been so nice to him, and he did hope that the woman who had raised him was doing alright. Hearing the requirements for life to be given, he blinked. “I have a story book I like to read until I fall asleep almost every week,” he admitted. “It’s my favorite. Do you think that might come to life someday then?” The idea was actually rather pleasant. The Secret Garden had been his most favorite book ever since he had read it for the first time, and he sometimes ended up falling asleep while reading. He would actually live long enough to see that happen if it did, so he was rather hopeful.

This time he did not flinch away from the hand on his forehead. Truthfully, his head was still throbbing, but it was the dull ache that indicated a fading headache rather than a fresh one. “It’s going away now,” he said happily, tail wagging behind him. Once again, he fought to stay in place when Lucien removed his hand instead of leaning towards it. He was so tired… but he couldn’t rest yet. He still had to sign the contract and call. At least they wouldn’t take that long. Looking over at Lucien, he smiled. “You’ve already helped me so much,” he replied. “It’s the first time I’ve had someone to support me, so I’m actually much more relaxed than I would be anyways. But I guess you talking to me helps a lot too,” he declared. Reluctantly, he decided that he needed to finish his work. The sooner he did, the sooner he could relax for the rest of the day.

Tugging on Lucien’s hand, he led the way out of the conference room and back to his office. The papers he had to sign were already on his desk, so he could make short work of them in no time. Sitting down in the chair, he spun it around once, just for kicks, before picking up a pen. Reading through the contract, he chewed on the tip. “Hey Lucien,” he murmured thoughtfully. “What’s it like to create your origami figures? I noticed they seem to have an awareness of their own when you make them, but is that the truth or do you control them completely?”

x
x
x

x

((s'all good. Things tend to slow down in winter for me anyways.))  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:03 pm
❝ Happiness...
Lucien Donovan
User Image

Lucien smiled in response to his master's thanks. "I wonder if he was leaning closer because he had an itch, or if his hearing was strained." Lucien thought. Not much passed by the half demon without catching his attention. He had learned how to process the actions going on around him thoroughly in a short ammount of time when he was trained to be an assassin. The skill had served Lucien in more than just mercenary missions though, and has proven useful in even the most mundane of situations. Knowledge was power, and the ability to gain that power through simply sitting in a room was a strength that Lucien often prided himself on. The question that was on his mind now was if it would embarrass his master too much by scratching his ear. "If I do scratch his ear and it turns out he was just trying to hear better then I might annoy him. If it really was an itch, or if he likes being petted, then I might embarrass or confuse him. He's not used to being touched affectionately after all..." Lucien thought. Eventually he decided that it was too late to pet his master, regardless of if it would of been positive or negative. "I guess there will be other times to explore the possibility." he thought, his smile remaining intact.

Lucien's smile grew as his master paid him compliments, insulting the board in the process. He opened his mouth to speak, but paused when his master tugged on his tail. "A stress relief, or a quirk?" Lucien wondered. Either could be a possibility... but that was something he could come back to later. "I'm honored that I was the one able to do it. Maybe if they're still out of line next week I'll be able to make them feel at least half the frustration they make you feel." he said with a smile, but then frowned as his master mentioned his headache again. "I hope it doesn't last much longer." he thought, but then smiled as his master seemed to cheer up at the possibility of another story. "If it is a story my Rin wants, then a story he shall have!" Lucien proclaimed cheerfully, thrusting his arm into the air. The paper fox that laid dormant on his shoulder sprang to life and ran off of Lucien's outstretched arm, doing a flip in the air before gliding gracefully towards Rin. The paper fox then seemed to swim around Rin, and the paper fox that had sat on Rin's shoulder also came to life again, and swam through the air with Lucien's fox. The two then began to play together. chasing the other in a game of tag which included twirling and diving through the air.

Lucien watched his paper foxes frolic with raised eyebrows, and a smile that revealed his amusement. "I guess origami paper does put more life in them." he thought. Lucien didn't control everything that his creations did. After he gave them life they had a mind of their own, though most of them chose to listen to whatever commands Lucien gave them. Their sudden spring into action came as a surprise to Lucien, but not as an unhappy one. It seemed as if on cue, which only made Lucien smile in admiration. "I'll have to thank Rin again for this paper, it really is of good quality." he thought, and ignored the frolicking foxes for a moment to respond to his master's hope for a Kyōrinrin. Lucien nodded, "It's possible. All you have to do is take care of it for a hundred years, then it may gain a conscious of it's own." he said with a smile. His creations were lower forms of Kyōrinrins that didn't live very long and couldn't take human form. More naturally born Kyōrinrin had magical powers and could posses a human form as well as their original text form. Lucien, however, was unsure about his own race. The offspring of Kyōrinrin were even more rare than the race it's self. His mother hadn't been able to explain much about what might happen to him as he aged, so he didn't know if the ability to make his origami come to life was something that all Kyōrinrin half-breeds could do, or if it was a random miracle.

Lucien then directed his thoughts to his two paper foxes. "That's enough, thank you for the show but I think that the young master still has work to do." The foxes paused in their play and started to fly back to the shoulders they left. "Yes Tenson Kurafutoshi." Their light voices rang in unison in Lucien's mind. A small came to his lips, he hadn't been called that in a long time, but he hadn't used such good quality paper in a long time either. He had no idea what the nickname meant, but it was what most of his creations called him. The fox returned to Lucien's shoulder, and Rin's back to his. After they settled they remained still again, and Lucien smiled at Rin. "I guess the foxes are eager to preform." he said simply with a light shrug. It was the only excuse he had for his origami's actions, even if it was a weak one.

Lucien's smile grew again when his master said that his headache was starting to go away. "That's good to hear." he said cheerfully, sharing in his master's happiness. As his master went on to thank him for everything he had done already, Lucien enveloped the kitsune in a hug. "I'm not going anywhere, so you may want to get used to the feeling of having someone to support you." he said before pulling away. His new master was just so cute, Lucien couldn't resist to pull him into a hug. "I'll make sure those board members regret the frustrations they've put my master through. A leader of a large corporation and he's never had anyone to support him! It's amazing he's gotten this far." he thought, and found himself in a small state of awe from his master.

Lucien snapped out of his moment of basking in Rin's glow when Rin lightly tugged on his hand. With a smile Lucien followed the kitsune executive into his office. As his master took a seat, spinning in his chair, Lucien decided to lean against the wall, looking out the lone window. "So this is his office." he thought glancing around, but then turned his attention to the window. "There aren't any other tall buildings that would make it an easy shot to hit Rin from here, but I've met a few people who could find a way..." Lucien thought, suddenly a bit disapproving of his master's window. He turned his head when he heard Rin call his name, and looked over expectantly. At the question he rose his eyebrows, and opened his mouth to respond, but then closed it and thought for a few moments. "Whats it like to create my origami figures? I haven't been asked that in awhile." Lucien tried to remember if there was any emotion in it, or if it was so routine that there was nothing. After another few moments he spoke. "How does it feel..." Lucien murmured, then continued after a pause. "I guess it feels good. Like I've accomplished something." he said with a light shrug. "I've never had any children, but I imagine that it's what a mother or father feels like when they see their child for the first time." he said, then went on to answer Rin's second question. "The feeling of bringing new life into the world would have to be the same in some ways, though maybe the feeling a mother or father has is too strong." he paused for a moment, rubbing his chin lightly, "Maybe like a nursemaid who just helped out and gets to enjoy the child and parents joy of a new life." he mused, then brought his full attention back to Rin. "I don't control them at all really." Lucien admitted with an innocent smile. "I give them life by folding their paper, so they obey anything I ask of them out of respect. They all have their own awareness though, like you saw when I first created them." he said happily, and walked back over to Rin. "Like our foxes before that danced through the air. I had no idea they'd do that, but when I asked them to stop they listened." he finished with a smile.

My collar contains...
♨ , ❤ , ➳

- { It's kinda sucky, sorry.... } -

Inkay_Activist

Romantic Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cat Fancier 100

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:26 pm
User Image

User Image
Rin rolled his eyes. “Oh it’s practically a guarantee that they’ll be just as irritating next week as they were today.” He grinned and shook his head. “Truth be told, if they weren’t, I’d be worried that the apocalypse was coming or something!” He sighed and let go of his tail. Still, it would be nice if they did… but he wasn’t going to hold his breath. Looking up at Lucien’s proclamation, his eyes widened as the foxes; one on his shoulder and one on Lucien’s, sprang to life and began to ‘dance’ in midair, playing one of the most fascinating games of tag Rin had ever watched. He couldn’t help the smile that came across his face. It looked rather fun.

Part of him wished he could do that as well. Not necessarily floating in air, but just randomly break out into a game of tag or some other such nonsense. He was far too used to having to finish a report or having to take a phone call, and never really having much time to play games like that. And o course, not having anyone to play them with had put a damper on those activities as well. But that could always change, right? He watched the foxes return to their respective shoulders, reaching up to lightly touch the head of the one on his shoulder. It was hard to believe that it was simply paper…

Looking over at Lucien, he smiled. “Well then, I’ll take really good care of the book!” Rin vowed. One hundred years… he had started reading it six years ago, so that meant there were ninety-four years to go. He could take care of a book for ninety-six more years no problem. He wondered what it would be like if it ever came to life. Would it be happy to talk or would it be cranky at him for using it so much? He would just have to wait and see, wouldn’t he?

The hug had been a surprise, just like the previous ones, but not unwelcome. For a moment, Rin allowed himself to snuggled against Lucien before they both pulled back. “I’d like to get used to it,” he murmured. Even if the desire to have someone he could rely on was selfish, he still wanted to do so. Just this once… he’d allow himself to take what he wanted and rely on Lucien being around.

Sitting at his desk, he let out a sigh. Work… At least it was almost done. Just the contract and phone call left before he could call it a day. He’d already read through the paper, finding everything to be in order. There was the usual posturing and useless filler words that every contract writer seemed to add, but he’d long since grown used to such things. All that was needed was his signature. Grabbing a pen from the cup on the desk, he signed it and triumphantly placed it in the out box, looking up at Lucien as he explained the answer to Rin’s question.

Like what a mother or father would feel? He wrinkled his nose. He’d never had a good example of that. Nursemaid… now that he could understand a bit better, having had a few of those in his life. They’d always seemed proud of their jobs, and he’d heard them say more than once how well they did their job. But he wasn’t quite sure that was how Lucien meant it. Still, it sounded wonderful. Giving life and letting them roam about… His eyes glazed over as he recalled the dance from a few minutes ago. Reaching up, he gently took the fox off his shoulder and held it in his hands. It had its own awareness… He rather liked that idea. Smiling, he set it down on the table in front of him.

“That sounds so amazing,” he murmured. “You’re lucky to be able to do something so wonderful like that Lucien.” Rin, like most kitsune, could control elements, but it wasn’t the same as what Lucien had described. As a simple one tail, Rin’s control was over plants. Even then, it was more like a minor influence than actual control. Once he grew and gained more tails, he’d have more power, but that was a long way off. Centuries off actually. The only other thing he had was the foxfire that came naturally to his race. Nothing he did every mimicked anything like Lucien’s gift. Picking up the phone, he sighed. “I hope this call finishes quick.” Dialing the number, he sat back.

Ford, the leader of Mawani Drills, was actually a rather nice person. He’d never seemed to care about RIn’s appearance or age, though RIn suspected it was due to the fact that Rin had proven himself capable of creating some shrewd business deals and sniffing out traps. It wasn’t anything special in his mind, but it had impressed the other businessman.

He ended up agreeing to a face to face meeting the next day, mostly as a favor to the other. It seemed that Ford was haing a business meeting with a new client, and Rin’s family name was one of the oldest, if not the oldest in the business world. If he was seen having a friendly chat with Ford, then the other’s standing would go up. It was politics at it’s finest, but Rin was fine with it. Mostly due to the fact that Ford made no attempts to hide that he was going to be using him as such. Besides, he was an ally of sorts, and this would mean that Ford would owe him a favor. You could never have too many people owing you favors in this world. Hanging up the phone, he stretched and sighed.

“Now that’s over!” He said cheerily. “How do you feel about going to a dinner meeting tomorrow. After we go shopping for you of course.” Before, he would have attended such things alone, but Lucien was here now, and he actually had the opportunity to ask if someone else wanted to do something for a change. He hoped the answer would be yes, but he wouldn’t begrudge him if he didn’t want to. Business dinners could be rather boring after all.

x
x
x

x

((oh my stars I'm aliiiive.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:22 pm
❝ Happiness...
Lucien Donovan
User Image

Lucien chuckled at his master's faith in the board being a pain whenever they met. "The end of the world? I guess it all depends on which world you mean." he thought with a smile. While his master was probably trying to be melodramatic with the age old phrase, Lucien saw a bit of truth in it. His master's world right now was cold and lonely, filled with hardships inflicted by cruel business-people. Though it had already seemed to brighten a bit, from what Lucien could tell at least, from the time he had arrived. From what his master told him he had never had a friend before, and he said it was nice to have someone supporting him for a change. "Hopefully it'll be a permanent one." Lucien thought before the general surprise of the creatures on their shoulders jumping into action. After a few moments of watching the foxes he looked back at his master. Seeing the smile on Rin's face made one come to his own, before he turned his head back to watch the show.

Lucien nodded with a smile as Rin proclaimed that he'd take care of the book. "I'm sure it'll be happy about that." Lucien beamed with a happy grin. His mother had been transformed by a hundred years of use, but she had been the only one he had ever met. It would be nice to be able to meet another, or at least being responsible for bringing another of the rare race into the world. A hundred years was a long time to keep a book, or even a slave. Not even his fondest masters had kept him that long. "Maybe if I stayed long enough I could see it happen... No, I doubt he'd keep me for that long. Even after I kill the people after his life, he'll tire of me. They always do..." Lucien thought with a small frown, then let out a silent sigh. "I shouldn't be so pessimistic so soon. Who knows how old he is, or how long he's had the book. I may only have another sixty years to wait! Though he does act younger than that..." Lucien's thoughts trailed off as he looked back at his master with a small s mile. Kitsune's were a tricky race, and he still didn't know how old his seemingly young master was. Kitsunes were known for their abilities to shapeshift and playful natures, so it was a hard thing to place. "I suppose it really doesn't matter in the end though." he decided. Only time would tell if the book blossomed into a life of it's own, and if Lucien would be by his new master's side when it happened.

Lucien smiled as he felt his master's body relax into the hug. "I guess he's getting used to it." he thought happily. "The first one to give him a hug..." Lucien mused as his master's words came echoing back into his mind. "I really don't understand humans." he thought, figuring that the board members were probably human, or something similar bland. None of them had the guts to come after his master themselves, and they all looked too surprised by his transformation to be familiar with such magic. There were supposedly a lot of humans on the earth, most ignorant of the more magical races that hid around them, so it shouldn't be so impossible for a few to work under his master. As Lucien pulled away, he heard Rin's response to his declaration, and smiled at the approval. "I'll work hard so you can get used to it then." Lucien vowed silently.

Lucien smiled as his master said that his ability was amazing. It was a response that he heard often,but never grew tired of. He was proud of his living origami, they were each an individual work of art that not only held function and beauty, but also life. Not the imitations that most artists tried to create, but real life. His creatures didn't need to breath, but they still had a mind, and could make their own decisions. It was a gift that Lucien greatly appreciated, though he still didn't understand where he had gotten it. His mother didn't know, and if his father ever did, he didn't share that piece of information with him. It was a puzzle he worked on every so often in his long life, but even after so much time he still had no clue as to why he could make his origami come to life. "Thank you, I think it is too." Lucien agreed with a smile, and then turned back to the window as his master started to talk on the phone. "What to preform this time." Lucien pondered mildly as his master talked away with the other businessman.

Lucien looked away from the window when he heard the clank of the phone being hung up. He began to smile at his master's cheerfulness, but as Rin continued a look of mild surprise engulfed his face. "Shopping?" he questioned, looking down at where his hands where hidden in the far too long sleeves of his shirt. "Yes, I suppose I do need something that fits a bit better to wear..." Lucien muttered, and looked back up at Rin. "It's been awhile since I've gone to a store, but I suppose I'll have to if I want to go to the meeting tomorrow." Lucien said with a smile. He thought that it was rather polite of his master to ask if he wanted to come, though he really didn't have a choice. There was no way he'd let his new master leave without him! Rin had lasted this long, but who knew what that pesky board would try now that Rin had a body guard. Besides that sense of duty, Lucien was curious as to who Rin would be going out to dinner with. There was no guarantee that the mastermind behind the assassins was a board member, in the competitive world of business, any head's untimely demise could be profit for another. Weeding out the true culprit was an interesting task that required the proper research and reasoning, and time.

My collar contains...
♨ , ❤ , ➳
- { I'm sorry I took so long to post! TT^TT } -

Inkay_Activist

Romantic Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cat Fancier 100

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:20 pm
User Image

User Image
It seems his statement about the board had amused Lucien. He supposed he was being a tad melodramatic, but his statement did have an element of truth in it. The behavior the board displayed was one he was used to, and if it happened to change, he would either suspect blackmail or some divine interference. But it didn’t matter much, since he had Lucien here now. He’d not known how nice it was to have some positive encouragement and support until that meeting. It had been much easier to get through than the previous ones, that was for sure.

“I hope it will be,” he replied. “And I hope you’ll be there to see it too. After all, you’re the one who knows about them AND gave me the idea in the first place.” He wouldn’t mind having Lucien around then, but the other might not want to stay with him after a while, and he wouldn’t blame him if that turned out to be the case. Then there was always the chance that Rin himself might not be here at that time. But if he was, hopefully Lucien would be as well. He was slightly curious about what the book would think about being kept under a pillow for so many years, right next to his favorite plush toy, and aside from that he wanted Lucien to see another of his mother’s kind again.

“I’d have lent you something of mine, but I think most of my wardrobe is, well… girly,” RIn stated cheerfully. He had a few male outfits, mostly slacks and shirts, but the majority was comprised of feminine clothing. Hearing that Lucien hadn’t been to a store in a while made his grin grow bigger. “Well then, you’re in for a treat. The store I go to has this interesting lady who never seems to stop talking. She’s rather fun to listen to.” He was glad to hear Lucien didn’t mind going to the meeting tomorrow. He knew the other would have had to go regardless, considering his job as bodyguard, but he had just felt it would have been polite to ask. “As for the actual meeting, Ford’s fun, you might like him. Well, while he’s not talking business anyways.” He shook his head. On that subject the man could be rather dry. “We’ll be there more as decoration though. Ford wants to make a deal with another company and he’s going to use me as political clout in order to get a good standing with the others.”

x
x
x

x

((s'all good. sorry for the shortness, my mind blanked out))  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:47 pm
❝ Happiness...
Lucien Donovan
User Image

Lucien's expression brightened as his master said that he'd hope Lucien would be there for the birth of the Kyōrinrin. There was nothing that would please him more than being employed by this young kitsune for the next hundred years, being able to see another of his kind would just be the cherry on top. "I hope your mind doesn't change." Lucien thought. He had never been kept that long, so he knew how unlikely it was. People's tastes changed, things happened, time took her tolls; and yet hearing his new master say brought a small flicker of hope to his heart. To be owned for one hundred years or longer by a kind individual who needed him. Needed him. A place where he would work and live every day with purpose, what more could a servant ask for?

Lucien was pulled away from these hopeful thoughts as his master spoke again, though the smile remained on his face. "Thank you for considering my tastes then. It wouldn't do me any harm to wear something girly, but I think skirts suit you much more than me." he said cheerfully. It wouldn't of been the first time Lucien was forced into girl's clothes though, if Rin had made him wear one of his cross dressing outfits. Years ago while in the possession of the family who's daughter would eventually betray him, Lucien had dressed in a number of girlish costumes and dresses for tea parties and dances to amuse the young girl, who was only six or seven at the time. She had thought he looked funny in them, and liked to do his hair and makeup. Lucien went along with it of course, as he was the girl's companion and basic play toy. It had led to some rather amusing situations later when the frequent guests eventually learned of his true gender. It was a shame that the girl had been cruel after her rejection, Lucien really did enjoy working and living there. He was fortunate that his ward's parents were smart enough to know that he was innocent of the accusations made of him, or else he might of been killed. He was only a slave though, so he was sold off to appease their daughter and stop any ugly rumors from starting. Politics and selfishness, two things that often involved Lucien's masters.

Lucien let out a chuckle as Rin went on the describe the 'treat' he was in for. "I suppose a talkative sales person would be something rare when your always in such a quiet environment." Lucien thought, his smile shifting into a smirk. It had been awhile since he had been around someone talkative though. Being the personal assassin and servant of a vampire didn't leave you much room for the pleasantries of a good conversation, especially when said vampire expected him to have everything he wanted without even giving a command. "Ah, routine." Lucien mused with a smile. It had been fun working for the old vampire though, being given missions to carry out once every few weeks, and the quiet domestic duties that a vampire needed fulfilled. Perhaps it was that quiet lull life had become that made the vampire decide to sell him. A small flame of anger started to burn in the pit of his stomach at the memory. "He still could of told me I was getting boring. After so many years together and then he just dropped me! He was always an infuriating man though." Lucien thought with a small scowl, but then remembering where he was wiped it from his face. There was no use in wasting time by even thinking of that man. It only brought anger and would soil his good mood. Besides, he had a new master now, one that already showed more promise that old vampire.

Lucien's eyebrows raised at Rin's description of the man they were meeting tomorrow, the look of annoyance being swept off his face and replaced with another smile. "Fun? That's not a word I think I've heard him use to describe someone yet. He didn't seem exasperated on the phone, so maybe it won't be so bad at the meeting. I think I'd like to meet this person he would call fun." Lucien thought, several emotions mixing throughout him. Curiosity, happiness, a little suspicion and just a pinch of jealousy and excitement. As Rin went on to further explain their roles at the meeting Lucien simply nodded. "He sounds honest, I think you may be right about he and I getting along." he said with an approving nod. From what Lucien knew of the business world most people were slippery in it, which made he respect that this Mr. Ford was honest enough to tell Rin that he'd be a political pawn in the dinner, and that he was moral enough not to try and take advantage of the younger businessman- Not to say that he could of course. It was just a good sign of character that he hadn't tried. From what Lucien had seen Rin was a good businessman, despite his age and lack of internal support.

L
ucien stretched his arms upward, a somewhat comical stance given his current clothing situation, and looked back at Rin with a near grin on his face. "So what do you want to do now?" he asked, then tapped his chin lightly, thinking of the different options his master had to choose from. "I could put on another show in the garden upstairs, though you still haven't shown me your paintings in your room. If your hungry we could go to the kitchen and I could make you something to eat, or try something on the piano..." he said, trailing off. He stopped tapping his chin and let his arm fall back to his side, then looked back at Rin. "Unless you have something else in mind?" he asked, tilting his head to the side.

My collar contains...
♨ , ❤ , ➳

- { I'm sorry it took me so long to post. I left a notice in the hiatus thread, fortunately my muscles have been feeling better, so I should be able to post regularly again ^^ } -

Inkay_Activist

Romantic Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cat Fancier 100

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:17 am
User Image

User Image
Rin saw Lucien’s face light up when he stated he hoped Lucien would be around to see the new Kyōrinrin. Did that mean he wanted to stay? That would be nice indeed. Lucien was his friend. He blinked. Now there was something he was unfamiliar with saying. Lucien was his friend. He’d never had a friend before. He liked saying it, even if it was only to himself. Lucien was his friend. He suppressed a grin, knowing that it would seem a bit out of place at the moment. Pulling himself out of his thoughts, he focused on what Lucien was saying. Thank you for considering his tastes? Well of course he would have considered them. He wanted Lucien to be happy with what he had, just as he made Rin happy by being his friend. Though the mental image of Lucien in a dress was a bit funny.

His thoughts drifted for a moment to what could happen tomorrow. Miss Anna, as the woman in the shop was called, could talk a mile a minute about absolutely nothing, and she could do it for hours. She’d done that back when he’d been a little fox and it was his parents getting their clothes. It had been absolutely fascinating back then for him, since up to that point his life had been rather quiet. Hearing someone who couldn’t seem to stop talking had been exciting. The next time it had been a welcome change, and by the time he’d taken over the company, it had become a comfort. He was in no way shape or form close to the woman, who was a bit blinded by the amount of political power he had, but hearing her babble on about what her son had done that morning, or how much this particular fabric had cost was a constant, something he could depend on hearing every time he went to the shop. His days to now had either been filled with the talk of meeting and finance, or complete and utter silence, so even someone just saying things that had no real meaning to him was welcome.

At Lucien’s agreement of he and Ford getting along, he smiled. “Yeah, he’s rather honest. At least with me.” He chuckled. Ford could lie his teeth of if he chose; Rin had been privy to such a show more than once. But so far the man had never lied to him, and had only done so in situations where it was truly needed. Tomorrow shouldn’t be one of those times, especially if the company was influential enough that Ford felt the need to have him there as political clout. In Rin’s experience, it was always a good idea to be honest, but even more so when you were in the company of those who could make or break your career and life.

Lucien’s question brought him out of his musings. “Hm?” Oh right, he’d said he would show the other his paintings, hadn’t he. The garden idea sounded nice too, but Rin wanted to keep his promise. Besides, it was late, and he was actually getting hungry. Lucien was supposed to be a good cook, as it was indicated by one of the charms on his collar, so that might be fun to see. Rin couldn't cook to save his life. “I said I’d show you my paintings right? So that’s what I’ll do,” he declared, getting up from his seat. “Afterwards though, if it’s not too much trouble, maybe you could… make something to eat?” he asked sheepishly. “If you want to play the piano though, that would be fine too.” Grabbing Lucien’s hand, he bounded back to his room, where he let go and made his way over to the corner. There was one on the easel right now, though it was covered with a cloth. The others were carefully stacked and wrapped in a box next to that. He dragged it over. “These are some of the ones I was working on last year. I don’t have anywhere to put them so they end up here like this.” He tugged off the cloth covering the easel to reveal his latest work.

“It’s not really that great I know,” he murmured, not meeting Lucien’s gaze. "Just a bunch of scribbles."Time and again he’d been told that painting was a waste of time, so he’d never shared these with anyone before.

x
x
x

x

((It's fine. I saw the notice and I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.))  
♣ ρяιvatє яєsidaиcє ♣

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff