Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
The modern concept of Jesus is a lie, and you know it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:31 pm
your fake science dont fool me. like the evolution theory, they say its proven but the only recorded evolution is in MICROGANISIMS.

you got a P***s (like ur sig says) your a guy
now look in any biology book and that will back me up  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:36 pm
Austin Shipp
your fake science dont fool me. like the evolution theory, they say its proven but the only recorded evolution is in MICROGANISIMS.

you got a P***s (like ur sig says) your a guy
now look in any biology book and that will back me up

What?
The studies deal with human beings.
You know, MACRO-organisms.
And unlike the evolution theory, which is only a theory, this can be replicated and observed.
So it's REAL science.

I think you mean "Anatomy" which deals with the physical aspect of our body, and yes, by those standards I am male. I already said that.
Now crack open a psychology textbook and look up "transgender".
You'll see that I'm right.  

Xahmen

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:37 pm
so you being a girl is more of a psycological problem than a scientific fact  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:43 pm
Austin Shipp
so you being a girl is more of a psycological problem than a scientific fact

Once upon a time this would have been an accurate statement, you know, back in the days of lobotomies in hotel rooms.
Nowadays though, SCIENCE (capitalized for awesomeness) has linked damn near every psychological problem with brain mappings, and pinpointed exactly where, why, and how a problem has arisen (plus they've invented a bunch of handy dandy drugs to suppress a few of them, YAY lithium pills!).

My being a girl is a result of some fluke of genetics that gave me the wrong brain chemistry for my sex.  

Xahmen

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:46 pm
hmmm, im just gonna drop it cause u are who u are and no one knows you better than ur self  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:48 pm
Austin Shipp
hmmm, im just gonna drop it cause u are who u are and no one knows you better than ur self

You're going to drop it because I won, and you have nothing to say back.  

Xahmen

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:49 pm
i was being humble and u have to act immature like that, you know what ill just say u won cause im tired and i need some sleep  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:53 pm
Austin Shipp
i was being humble and u have to act immature like that, you know what ill just say u won cause im tired and i need some sleep

Lol, it was a little uncalled for, my bad.
Get some sleep, catch you around.  

Xahmen

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:55 pm
yea it was fun arguing with u, but u probably dont care but your alright in my book. i respect anyone who can handle them self in an arguement like that  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:53 am
Zahwomen
Find me a man who is born of Middle Eastern decent who spends his days walking in the harsh sun that is ivory white, tall, and has long straight/slightly wavy hair.

Please.

Jesus was so dark he was almost black, short, and had the most epic Jew-fro of the time, and you all know it.

Why do we accept the Euro-Jesus as our generally accepted image of the Savior?
It's stupid.

haha, yeah I think you're right, but whether we know what He looks like or not, we know who He is and what He has accomplished, and that is worth more than a picture. smile  

sirmartyr777

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:44 pm
Not only the mentioning earlier of the enlightened image, but there are a few other concepts to think of as well.

One, it may have been easier to convert others if they had a symbol they could relate to. Having a Christ that seems almost indigenous to your ethnicity may help. So we may be able to figure that in as well. However, this doesn't necessarily fall into play with the Gospel of Asia ministry that is going on right now. Instead, they utilize ethnic, native members of the areas they are trying to preach to in order to help with conversion. It makes sense.

Second, if one speculates that Jesus (Yeshua) was not born of a virgin birth, that instead He was fathered, and not by Joseph... One may assume His father was a Roman soldier that may have had his way with Mary, and she bore child, and Jesus therefore appeared to have another appearance than what would be expected that Joseph was the father.

Just a little bit of input, but both ideas are entirely speculative in nature, minus the Gospel of Asia tidbit.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:48 pm
here is proof of what color jesus was,though it doesnt matter,and it is tedious to make an argument about this,google it up,here is the imfomation i found,trust me,google up was jesus white,black,or tan

was the “Sweet Little Jesus Boy,” a child of African heritage or was he European as he is depicted in the classical paintings mostly done during the Renaissance in Italy. Was Jesus Black or White? THE GEORGIA INFORMER dealt with this question once before, in 1994. We print again some of the answers given then and some of those given by African American pastors throughout the state who were contacted at the time.

The flight of Mary and Joseph into Egypt to hide the Christ child from the jealous and murderous plot of Herod, as recorded in the Book of Matthew, led Pastor E. Dewey Smith of Macon's Beulahland Bible Baptist Church to conclude, “He could not have been hidden in North Africa had he European features.” Pastor Smith further explained: Daniel in the Book of Daniel and John in the Book of Revelation both give us a physical description of Christ. Both describe him as having hair like wool, eyes like fire, and feet like polished brass.”

Pastor George Moore of St. Philip A.M.E. Church of Decatur, Georgia said, “If we are referring to Jesus, the man who walked this earth in human body, He may have been born black. If we are referring to Jesus, the Christ, we are talking about all nationalities and ethnicities.” This fits well with the idea that Jesus Christ came to save “the world.”

“If you accept the Bible as the authentic source of such information, the color of His Skin is not important,” say Ronald Terry, Pastor of New Fellowship Baptist Church of Macon and Assistant Director of Music for the National Baptist Convention. “However, the Bible also gives credence to the fact that Christ was not European, which is not important either. The color is not important to Christ, for He is the Savior of the World. We do know the Book of Revelation describes His ‘feet like polished brass’ and ‘hair like lamb’s wool,’ so one can draw whatever conclusion from this.”

Pastor Terrance Gray of St. Paul A.M.E. Church of Macon, Georgia did draw a conclusion from it. He explained, “The Bible refers to His hair as ‘like lambs wool’ and His feet ‘like polished brass.’ These references indicate afrocentric characteristics. I won’t say He was a Black man, but I know he was not blond with blue eyes as Michelangelo depicted Him. The history and geography of the time would indicate that he had enough melanin to be dark-skinned. Since Israel was in bondage in Egypt for some 400 years He was also probably of African genealogy and of the African bloodline. Taking the American terminology of one drop of black blood to make a person (racially) Black, we can see the great possibility that he would be considered Black. He was also interwoven with the Canaanite tradition.” Indeed, none of these facts support the European artists’ presentation of an Aryan appearance of the Son of God.

The hair like wool, eyes like flames and feet of brass description does not add up to Christ as a Black man, however, for Pastor (Dr.) William Sheals of Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Norcross. He said: “In eastern countries, white hair commands respect and indicated the wisdom of years. The eyes like a blazing fire may portray either his penetrating scrutiny or fierce judgment. The burnished feet represent triumphant judgment (i.e. treading or trampling down) of those who are unbelieving and unfaithful to the truth of Christ. Matthew gives us the genealogy of Jesus, which is through Hebrew lineage.”

Pastor Donald Jordan of Bethel C.M.E. Church of Macon, GA. Concurred and added: By American standards, if one had one drop of Black blood in the body, one is considered Black. Many of Jesus’ ancestors were Black. King Solomon was Black. His actual nationality was Jewish. However, Jews were darker then. The Garden of Eden was in Africa, which means Adam and Eve were African.”

“When you read the Bible you get a different idea about this than popular culture which depicts Jesus Christ with slanted eyes for the Japanese or with a curly afro for African Americans,” explained Pastor David Lee-Pitts of Macon’s Covenant lineage as given in the Book of Matthew. And, even though there are some black Jews, most are considered White people in America today. That’s not important. What is important is weather we have given our lives to Jesus Christ. He is not a racist. Racism in the church is perpetuated by the myth that whites are superior and blacks are inferior. It is the responsibility of the church (the Body of Christ) to stand against that myth and the racism that it fosters. We cannot let culture dictate how we relate to each other.”

Somehow it seems a shame during this wonderful season of the year to be concerned about the same things we are the rest of the year, but we must. There seems to be enough clear Scriptural and secular history to support the likelihood that Jesus Christ was not lily white with baby blues and a long blond page-boy hairdo. Students of the Bible, anthropologists and evolutionists generally agree that mankind had a single origin. They disagree on whether that origin was one man or one cell, but they all pretty much agree that the place of origin was probably an area historically inhabited by people of color. Some even say Black people. Jesus Christ came into this world as a human being and like His fellow Hebrews and most other Semitic people, He was most likely tan in skin color, either naturally or from walking about in the hot sun of the region. Besides, according to the Bible, it was not His skin that He came to shed for the world. It was His Blood, shed for ALL and counting eternally for the salvation of ALL who would believe on Him. A portion of The Apostle’s Creed sums up His life with these words:…”Jesus Christ [God, the Father Almighty’s] only Son our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; the third ay He arose from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.” One of the questions the Bible records asked by Jesus Christ Himself was “Believest thou this?” That is, no doubt, the most important of all questions to answer. We cannot help you with that one. You are on your own.  

ThisIsNotMyNameBruh

Magnetic Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Crystal Sailor Pluto

Eternal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:59 am
Some people have different visions in their head about what they think His Highness looked like. For all we know, he may look different now (in heaven) than he did when he was on earth, from all the glory that he has gained since then. And since he wasn't Mary and Joseph's "biological" child, he may not have looked like them at all. Who knows?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:50 pm
@krystalmetalera
Nice find!!
Do come around here more often! heart  

Orizion

yashua_freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:20 pm
i agree with you.
jesus would have look more like a middle eastern nomad.
i think they depict him like that to repusent his heavenly body like after he died.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff