Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaia Sports Fan Guild: NFL Draft Contest

Back to Guilds

The Best Multi-Sports Guild On Gaia! 

Tags: Discussion, Basketball, Football, Baseball, Sports 

Reply General Sports Discussion
A-Rod reportedly tested positive for steroids Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:13 pm
In my eyes, A-Rod is still a great player, but he honestly didn't need steroids. I'm relieved that he at least had the decency to admit it. That's the way to go. But why take them in the first place? The beginning of his young career was already very good, and he didn't need to take banned substances to perform well. His career and legacy is pretty much ruined.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:22 pm
Dude-LAP
In my eyes, A-Rod is still a great player, but he honestly didn't need steroids. I'm relieved that he at least had the decency to admit it. That's the way to go. But why take them in the first place? The beginning of his young career was already very good, and he didn't need to take banned substances to perform well. His career and legacy is pretty much ruined.

Yup you took the words right out of my mouth. He a great player and didn't need to take it he made a huge mistake now he not going to the HOF. But I was watching his interview with Peter Gammons and he said bieng a HOF is a honor but "I want a championship" he going to get it this year.  

BKLYN_22

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:39 pm
i still give him props for admitting it
i mean it takes balls to step up to the plate and say you have cheated
its like standing up after a test and going up to the teacher and telling him to give you a zero cuz you cheated
thats hard to do  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 pm
Dude-LAP

i think that MLB needs to set a precedent with A-Rod. i think they should start erasing stats from years that players have been found to use performance enhancing drugs. however when i say erase i mean as in those stats should not be counted towards records such as all time RBIs and HRs. its like the asterick (*) but on the next level. i also think A-Rod would be the perfect example to start this. Instead of questioning whether or not he should be allowed in the Hall of Fame or any records he may break during the rest of his career, his 2001-2003 stats should not count towards anything.
i think this is a suitable punishment because he will have to look at that as 2 years he wasted being an idiot and 2 years of hard work gone down the drain because they were the result of cheating. it also gives him a chance to redeem himself for cheating by technically making him still able to break records and find a way into Cooperstown, no matter how small a chance he has. it is my belief that any true baseball player would still fight to leave his mark after messing up.

Also as with athletes who have outright denied ever using steroids (who have later been found to have been lying), their broken records should be marked as void.  

NYSpic

cpbigman9221

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:44 pm
Dude-LAP
I completely agree. A-rod was performing really good in Seattle and his numbers with the Mariners foreshadowed an All-Star player. He didn't need the shortcut but he got caught up in the "culture". Seriously though, I thought A-rod was more responsible than that and I didn't think he would be a follower. It really shocked me and dissappointed me that a thought to be clean player who had baseball's greatest record in his hands would do be involved in such a thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 pm
I guess time will tell. Last year, the MLB was nice and quiet. Not many distractions. Now, it's back to the darker days of steroids and legal problems. We'll see.  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

cpbigman9221

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:21 pm
Dude-LAP
I guess time will tell. Last year, the MLB was nice and quiet. Not many distractions. Now, it's back to the darker days of steroids and legal problems. We'll see.
Yeah and don't forget that survey with the other 103 guys. It will block MLB's light even more if more names are revealed. No one knows when another player will be named. Someone could be exposed today, tomorrow, next week, next year, or in the next five years. Who knows, we don't but it could be revealed any time.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:52 pm
like miguel tejada  

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:48 pm
SexayJ05H
like miguel tejada

Tejada using 'roids is old news. I just hope no more superstars get caught on roids.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:18 pm
Boston Sports Fan
SexayJ05H
like miguel tejada

Tejada using 'roids is old news. I just hope no more superstars get caught on roids.

im worried about pujous cuz his body fits the perfect description of a roid head  

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

boston_22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:33 pm
SexayJ05H
Boston Sports Fan
SexayJ05H
like miguel tejada

im worried about pujous cuz his body fits the perfect description of a roid head

How so? He looks pretty normal. I just hope he's never mention with nothing roids related.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 pm
boston_22
SexayJ05H
Boston Sports Fan
SexayJ05H
like miguel tejada

How so? He looks pretty normal. I just hope he's never mention with nothing roids related.

Well he does have that huge roid butt and the jumbo roid thighs.

...but as of now, I think that Pujos is clean.  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

TL-LuxuriousAsh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 pm
A.Rod denied illegal use of steriods back in . . . i forgot when. lol.! but he has came clear about it and confirmed that he did use Steriods for a period of time while they were in Boston [[I think]]  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:41 am
x-LC_AshleyBby
A.Rod denied illegal use of steriods back in . . . i forgot when. lol.! but he has came clear about it and confirmed that he did use Steriods for a period of time while they were in Boston [[I think]]

That was when he lied...

Boston? Lul.  

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:03 pm
x-LC_AshleyBby

2001-2003 with the Rangers.

And he lied on 60 Minutes, in either 2006 or 2007.  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff