Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:46 pm
Waynebrizzle

Although since it's an original take on a game that EA takes kind of seriously, it might not be bad. I'm still keeping the hopes low. I mean, most of the game's appeal was its graphics.

Wayne changed his tuuuuune >_>

@Allegro: You can't really say a game is bullshit when it hasn't come out yet. The guys at Joystiq said they preferred the Wii version when they tried it.

But cartoony obviously means bad, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:28 pm
I never said the Wii had insufficient graphics capability, whether it's true or not. I never say that s**t. XD
And I didn't necessarily say that the Wii can't do atmosphere. I just think that Dead Space's atmosphere would be hard to accomplish on the Wii.
Simple as that.

Same goes for all kinds of other games, like Bioshock, Fallout 3, and others.  

Denko

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:31 pm
Denko
I never said the Wii had insufficient graphics capability, whether it's true or not. I never say that s**t. XD
And I didn't necessarily say that the Wii can't do atmosphere. I just think that Dead Space's atmosphere would be hard to accomplish on the Wii.
Simple as that.

Then why wouldn't the Wii be able to do it, if you don't mean graphically.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:19 pm
I dunno, I think the atmosphere of Dead Spave will be more engaging on the Wii with or without the graphical abilities of the xBox or PS3.
Well, there's the fact that since it's on the Wii, you'll have to react a bit more physically than you would have to with analog sticks.

I mean, Resident Evil 4 was a lot more fun because I felt that I was somewhat in the game, perhaps behind Leon, and shooting for him. xD
When I played it on the PS2, it wasn't as fun, and for me, it was because of the analog controller.
I feel more into the atmosphere of any game I play with the Wii because I have to react with more than my thumbs.

Probably a bit hard to understand, probably easy.

tl;dr? I'm ******** Matt Damon. biggrin JKJKJK With the Wii, I feel moreinto the game, if ya know what I mean.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:23 pm
I get what you mean, Rakair. The Wiimote provides a lot of good immersion when used correctly. Metroid Prime still puts most games to shame when it comes to atmosphere, and the things the wiimote did with Prime 3 magnified it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 pm
Rakair
I dunno, I think the atmosphere of Dead Spave will be more engaging on the Wii with or without the graphical abilities of the xBox or PS3.
Well, there's the fact that since it's on the Wii, you'll have to react a bit more physically than you would have to with analog sticks.

I mean, Resident Evil 4 was a lot more fun because I felt that I was somewhat in the game, perhaps behind Leon, and shooting for him. xD
When I played it on the PS2, it wasn't as fun, and for me, it was because of the analog controller.
I feel more into the atmosphere of any game I play with the Wii because I have to react with more than my thumbs.

Probably a bit hard to understand, probably easy.

tl;dr? I'm ******** Matt Damon. biggrin JKJKJK With the Wii, I feel moreinto the game, if ya know what I mean.
The point of Dead Space's hudless display was to immerse you more, and the Wii is supposed to be an immersive experience. Why not put the two together?  

Owwin

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:55 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Denko
Simple as that.

Then why wouldn't the Wii be able to do it, if you don't mean graphically.

I think he Wii can do it. Just look at the early Silent Hill games. The atmosphere, music and visuals are scary as ******** but the graphics are not fantasic.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:19 am
The ONLY version of Resident Evil 4 worth playing is the Wii edition otherwise the game controls like a**.

Dead Space is more or less just RE4 mixed with Event Horizon.

So.. I'm gonna say that the outlook could be very good for this game to be really fun. PLUS remember this is NOT a port of the original game, it's an original story built for the Wii.  

Devlin Darkness

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:16 am
I remember reading about Dead Space in a GI article, waaay back in the day.

In the article, they were talking about making everything from side stories (notice the plural), to mangas, to live action movies, to ... you get the idea.

This is nothing out of the ordinary from people who had to make their OWN WIKI just to make enough lore for this game.

They obviously have a plan, I eagerly await what comes out.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff