Submit

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:11 pm
Kahili slowed her pace slightly so she was trotting through the shallow water that rolled up onto the sand. This place was even better than she had imagined and she couldn’t wait to see what she would find. A few times she stopped to look at some weird-shaped stone on the sand but apparently they were only seashells. Most were broken into little pieces, others were dull and boring but there were a few that were intact and very pretty. She left them there for others to enjoy when they came to the beach.

Now as for other creatures on the sand, there were birds, strange noisy white ones. But still birds none the less. Then there was something strange on the shore that was moving around. It was a red-orange color and it had sharp looking claws...Well they looked like claws. As Kahili moved closer to it, it thrust its claws up at her, causing her to step back. “Well aren’t you rude you..you thing!” she snorted at the creature and then nudged at it with a hoof. Of course it tried to attack her hoof as well, with its claws. “What is this thing? And why is it so rude??” She looked up at Casanova, obviously frustrated by the little thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:33 pm
Casanova hung back, content to watch Kahili explore the new surroundings of the beach. He savored the wonder in her eyes, the curiousity as she inspected the seashells or the seabirds. Experiencing the wonders of something through the eyes of someone new to the expeirence was almost like seeing it for the first time himself.

He strode casually up to her side as she inspected the small, snappy creature. With a chuckle, he responded, "That is called a crab." He grinned. "And for that reason its name has been used to label others who share its grumpy nature."

He nudged it a bit with his hoof. The tiny creature snapped its claws defensively before one latched on to some of the fetlock fur. With a smile, Casanova lifted his leg, the determined little crab tenaciously held on. "I cannot say what makes their species so rude."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:38 pm
Kahili watched curiously as the rude creature held onto the fur around his hoof and couldn't help but giggle. "Rude and stubborn it seems. Well we'll just leave the little guy here to be mean to someone else." She used her hoof to gently scrap him off Casanova's hoof and then scooted him off in another direction.

The mare started off again, slower this time to take in more sights. "You've been here before, Casanova. What else is there to see? There's fish right? Like in the lakes? But I don't see how you'd be able to find them out in THAT," she said with a sigh as she looked out at the large ocean. "I don't think I'd be able to swim that far." She laughed and looked to him. "You could fly though...Though that wouldn't really help ME see the fish. Oh well, fish are fish. How different could the look from the lake fish?" That was more of a rhetorical question coming from her. Little did she know that the ocean fish were very different from the plain fish found in rivers and lakes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:35 am
Casanova gave the irate crab one final tap, sending it scurrying sideways on its way after a few menacing clacks of its claws.

"I have visited this place a few times, although I am not well suited for long swims, I have seen fish jumping, or in the shallows. Most I have seen are small, not unlike the fish in the streams, but occasionally, I have seen a fish of such color!"

"And sometimes..." He started, as he wandered along the beach, looking for the patches of large rocks that meant something specific. "You find something very special." He finished with a wide grin as he hopped up on one of the larger rocks and looked down into the tide pool that had a few small fish, some live shells, and even a starfish.

"come, look at this!"

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 pm
Kahili hurried over to Casanova when he called for her and peeked around him to see what all the fuss was about. There were so many different things in the shallow pool of water. All she could really see were the fish, the rest just looked like decorations to her. How was she supposed to know those weird looking things were alive? "Shouldn't the fish be out in the ocean. The poor things are trapped here. We should help them!" How she was going to help these fish without killing them hadn't exactly come to her yet.

After studying it a little longer, she asked, "Why is it so special? I mean yeah it looks cool but there's only a few fish in there. That's not such a big deal. Is it?" She tilted her head at him curiously.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 am
Casanova chuckled, casually nuzzling her neck for a moment. "Do not fret, my colorful friend. The sea rises and falls as the day passes. When the sea grows low, it leaves puddles like this. But it will rise again, and it will free the fish."

With a twinkle in his eye, he dipped a hoof into the water, brushing it against what looked like a pretty star-shaped orange shape. It quivered a little bit.
"Most of these things are alive. And more than just like the trees and bushes."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:10 pm
Kahili smiled at him before turning to look at the small puddles. "Well that's a relief. I'd hate to see the poor things suffer in such a small space for too long." As he dipped his hoof in the water, causing some weird looking thing to move, her eyes widened and she dipped her head closer down to look at it. Most of the things in there WERE actually moving, slowly but moving none the less. "That's the most unusual thing I've ever seen!" As she got closer her nose accidently hit the water, startling her as she sneezed. "Guess I'm a bit too curious for my own good." She laughed as her head lifted, to avoid another accident like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:17 am
Casanova delighted in Kahili's discoveries, immensly glad to be around to share them with this beautiful, personable mare. His mind set the events of the day to memory like a quill to paper. Such delights of the senses.

"The sea holds many mysteries, and it is in a place like this that it deigns to share a hint of them with us. And there is nothing wrong with letting your curiousity carry you from time to time~! I have always believed that the cautions are a myth. One does not fully live if you hold you whims and curiousity at bay. How grey life would be if one merely does what is known and safe."
He pressed a little closer to the colorful mare, letting his eyes hint at the fact that this philosophy might apply to more than just sea creatures.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:25 pm
Kahili giggled and pressed to him to rest her head on his neck. She'd never had so much fun in one day with one single individual so this Casanova was definitely going down as a good friend. "You're right. I have to thank you for coming with me today. And to think I almost just spent the day miserable under the trees in the rain. Is there more to see here? I want to see everything before we have to go back."

As her eyes scanned the beach she only saw sand, birds and more water. She wondered what it would be like to take a look down into the ocean and see the life swimming down there. Would there just be the same life as in the little puddles of water? Or would there be more than that? While she was thinking a large dark mass leaped out of the water and fell back into the water creating a large white splash of water. "Woah! ....DID YOU SEE THAT??" Despite the creature being a lot farther out from shore she jumped through the water up to her knees and waited for it to jump again. But there was nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:44 pm
Casanova swished his tail as he gently leaned back a little bit, letting Kahili know that he was there for her support. She was adorable, full of life and energy. Imaginative and, well, she certainly wasn't hard to look at. "I just consider myself lucky that it was I that was able to share this moment with you, Kahili." He smiled back with a soft nuzzle. "And all I wish to see is you happy. I am at your disposal." He responded with a small bow.

Casanova let loose a loud laugh as the little mare was startled by the large fish that had thrown itself out of the water before returning to its watery home. "I did!" Even from much further away, it was hard to miss hte fist - or more specifically Kahili's reacion.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:22 pm
Kahili danced back and forth in the shallows, waiting. But it seemed the show was only a one time thing. Though she turned her head and shot him a grin. "Well that was exciting!" Once she figured there wasn't anything else jumping out of the water anytime soon she turned headed back up onto the sand beside him. "Well I'm certainly one happy mare that's for sure," she said with a giggle.

However nice it was to be here in this amazing place with someone she definitely thought she could call a good friend now, the sun was lowering and she had to get back to her own land. "Well, I've had an amazing day. Would you care to walk me back, Casanova?" she asked with a flutter of her lashes and another giggle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 am
Casanova savored the vision and her conversation as much as he had any day of his life. As the sun began to creep towards the horizon, as if it was slowly sinking into the sea itself, it seemed to bathe the skies in a wash of brilliant colors: purples and pinks. "It seems the skies themselves are changing their color in your honor, Kahili." Casanova smiled as she returned to him on the beach. Salty water coated her legs, giving her the scent of the ocean and its mystery.

"I have as well, my dear. It would bring me no greater pleasure than to see you home safely." He gave her a dashing bow.

((EDIT 6/9/09 - Since it's been a while, and since this RP was wrapping up anyway, let's go ahead and call this story a wrap? smile ))  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas