8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:30 pm
User Image

-THIS Could be Trouble...-

T ` Poi
Her mother had run to the jungle first, fleeing beyond the part of it the pride had claimed. But it was just a temporary stay, according to Maluuni. Suited Ri just fine. The little demon had wandered off from her mother and siblings, confident they'd be able to find her again. After all, she had her bells. She grinned. Ri still had her blood gems and bells, looking the princess she knew she was.

Manda
'Tani was out exploring on his own again - having left his siblings for a little while to see if he could find something interesting. The jungle was -full- of fun stuff to do and chase and see. And though he liked company and really enjoyed playing with the other cubs of the pride, 'Tani was just as happy being alone sometimes. Padding along, he tripped over his own paws a little bit - though it didn't seem to bother him. Then he heard a soft chiming up ahead and stopped, ears pricking forward. What was that..?

T ` Poi
Ri decided she very much liked the jungle...Lots of hiding places, no annoying sunlight at all. And trees to climb! In fact, she'd taken to trying to climb one. Her mother had said she was good at it, and there was no way her non-demon mother was going to be better at it than her! Sadly, she wasn't having much luck. A few 'steps' up and she fell off, nearly loosing her precious headdress.

Manda
'Tani heard the crash as the other cub fell and bounced forward, snarling at the noise. No one was supposed to even be in here that wasn't a vampire! "Hey!" he called out, stopping to plant his feet and glare at the little female. "Who're -you- and what are you doing here?"

T ` Poi
Ri righted herself, ignoring the other cub for a moment, shaking herself off. Her bells chimed and blood-gems clinked, and then she looked to him a little...bored. "I'M Moricorm, daughter of Iartuupe. And I'M here for my own reasons." She quite suddenly grinned, sharper-than-normal fangs rather apparent. "Who are YOU and why are you here?" Ri looked rather full of herself at the moment.

Manda
At that, 'Tani puffed his chest out, refusing to be intimidated. He was a little bigger than she was in the first place. And in the second place, HE belonged here. She didn't, no matter who's daughter she was. He'd never even heard of this 'Iartuupe'. "So what?" he shot back. "-I- live here. And if I were you, I'd turn around and go back to wherever you b'long." He flashed his own fangs at her with a little growl.

T ` Poi
Ri just giggled...a girlish noise that was FAR from innocent. "And? Oh, by the way, I can't yet." A smirk. "No one else in my pride can really leave that is loyal to it, so I've found it falls to ME to begin spreading word of and fear of the demons, and find others like me." So what if this boy was a lot bigger than her (sometimes she hated being small), but she was going to be an HEIR someday!

Manda
'Tani's eyes widened just a little bit at the word 'demons' but not in fear. More like... interest. He remembered that older lioness he met that time. She'd said something about demons too. So they really did exist, and there was a pride close by! Still, he couldn't let this little girl think she was -better- than him. So he snorted and scoffed at her. "-You're- a demon? Please. I always thought they would be ... scarier."

T ` Poi
Ri just laughed. This red cub reminded her almost of Nyota! "The worst nightmares sneak up on you in the sweetest of dreams." The cold voice inside had whispered that to her one night. "I intend to embody that." The glint in her eyes would probably send any other cub shaking...though she doubted it would him. And she noticed something at his neck. "Interesting trinket..."

Manda
'Tani did notice that look, but he just took it as more of a challenge. "Haha, if you're supposed to be my 'worst nightmare' then everything else I dream should be great!" he shot back. Then he glanced down for a minute and looked up again. "Oh this? I found it in the forest. I think a god left it there for me... it was dangling from a branch that I always walk under. It wasn't there one day ... then it was the next." Looking at her own adornments, he raised a brow. "Where did you get -that- stuff? You know it makes you really easy to find, right?" Hmph. Some demon.

T ` Poi
Ri nodded. "A gift from the gods is always a blessing." She yawned. "And the jewel is blood-colored, which is even better." She ignored his first comments. "I found all of it, and my mother helped me make some of it. And now I'm easy to find...But one day..." Her tail twitched excitedly. "One day I will walk without the bells sounding. And then...Then weaklings will know fear."

Manda
'Tani blinked at that, eyes widening just a bit again. Ok ... maybe he wasn't impressed by her being a demon, but he couldn't help having a little respect for what she was trying to do with those bells. It would be -really- hard to learn to move that quietly and carefully. So he sat down almost grudgingly and murmured, "I'm Morwa'shetani. Y'can call me 'Tani though. It's easier."

T ` Poi
Ri smiled a little less...viciously. "Good to meet you Tani. You can call me 'Ri' if you'd like." She figured this one might be better to have as an ally...maybe. Still much to judge about him. "So there are lions other than the demons here? I've never been this far beyond my pride's borders, honestly." And best to learn about the world around her.

Manda
'Tani made a little scoffing noise at that, though it wasn't as arrogant as before. "Of course. Did you think you demons were the only dangerous creatures around?" He flashed fangs at her again as he grinned. "The pride that lives -here- is all vampires... and that includes me."

T ` Poi
Ri snorted. "I'd be a fool to think only demons were dangerous." She grinned back at him. "Vampires, hmm~ So tell me, Tani...what makes a vampire? Is it your fangs? Your blood? Maybe how you think..."

Manda
'Tani tilted his head at that, and frowned slightly, thinking. No one had ever really asked him such a thing before. And he wasn't quite sure how to answer. "I think ... maybe a little bit of all of that," he finally said with a quick nod. "What makes you a demon?"

T ` Poi
"Our souls." Ri knew her own very well. Or was it two? It spoke in two voices, with two different minds. "Each demon has another inside them that whispers to them constantly." She smiled in a wistful manner. "Some cannot hear the call well, but mine...oh mine speak so clearly..."

Manda
At that, 'Tani started just a bit and stared at her, blinking. That.... sounded almost like how he felt sometimes. Maybe he was a demon too... But was that possible? To be a vampire and a demon at the same time?

T ` Poi
Ri raised a brow. "What? I didn't say anything strange." She blinked, then looked a bit horrified. "I don't have leftovers in my teeth do I?!" Demon she was, cunning she was...female she still was. And certainly conscious of her appearance.

Manda
'Tani shook his head quickly. "No, you didn't. I ... that just sounded really familiar, about hearing souls and stuff." He grinned suddenly. "Sorry."

T ` Poi
"Oh." She calmed considerably. "That's alright then." She hummed in thought. "I wonder...Sure you're a vampire and not a demon? You remind me of one of the cubs back home...He's only a little younger than you, I think."

Manda
He nodded slightly, frowning just a bit. "I dunno. Is that possible...?" He hadn't ever heard anyone else describe being a demon like that. And it really -did- sound like some of the things that had been happening to him lately. Like those weird dreams with a strange blue lion in them...

T ` Poi
"Maybe. Nothing is impossible until proven so." Like her mother's cunning. Oh how Ri had marveled at that strange, dangerous cunning her fearful mother had gained. Non-demon Maluuni was, but..."Maybe you're a demon, maybe you're both...maybe you're just a gifted vampire. One never knows."

Manda
'Tani shrugged at that. "Maybe I should go find your demons sometime an' ask about it." He knew that he probably wouldn't get far -now- before someone missed him and dragged him back. But when he was older...

T ` Poi
Ri nodded. "If you meet a border guard with a blood red coat and markings of shadow-and-gold, tell her you're a friend of Ri. She won't attack you then unless you do something to merit it." She chuckled. It was good having Nyota's mother for an ally. "In fact..." She removed a single little blood-red gem, one Hakuna's little magpie had given to her with Hakuna present. "Keep that, if you wish."

Manda
'Tani nodded at that, almost looking serious for a moment. "I hope I can go there sometime... " he murmured, then looked up at the gem. "Oh cool!" he exclaimed, poking at it carefully with a claw. "Thanks... I'll have to get someone to add this to my amulet."

T ` Poi
Ri just smiled. "I hope to see you again...either when I come this way again, or among demons." She stood, hearing the soft murmur of her mother calling her, trying not to be too loud. "I must go now...But I hope Sparda and Morifaer bless your endeavors, Tani." She made a bow, and then headed towards her mother, head held high and bells ringing.

Manda
'Tani felt an odd little jolt at the name 'Sparda' and blinked, staring after her for a moment or two. "Uh...thanks!" he called after her, then turned to wander farther into the forest. Why did that name seem to ring in his ears...? It was important somehow... but he didn't know -how-.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:31 pm
User Image

-Welcome and Well Met-

Manda
Eisheth wasn't even sure anymore now exactly how long she'd been traveling. She just had to wonder... was this a fool's errand? A wild hare chase? Or any number of other popular expressions for a worthless venture. All she really had to go on, after all, was that fleeting vision in her dreams. A flash of her cousin as a young cub, and then an eye, very close ... with a reflection of landscape in it, a flower tucked behind an ear, then darkness. It had come to her in a dream back home, and she had taken it to mean that her cousin was still alive somewhere - and left to find her without a second thought.

T ` Poi
Hide and seek...Elua didn't get to play it often, but she did today! The group her own had met up with that day was full of cubs...cubs the cheetah was more than willing to play with. She giggled as she ducked behind a rather thick savanna tree, tail twitching as she kept low to the ground. And then something caught her attention. A half-familiar smell...like something from a long-ago dream. Forgetting the game for a moment, she crawled about, sniffing to find where the scent grew stronger. It wasn't one of her past lovers. Maybe someone who had sought safety with her group before?

Manda
Eisheth started slightly and let her gaze slip over to the side a bit more, where the voice was coming from. And a wide grin suddenly spread over her face, as she spotted the other. Finally, she'd found her! "Hello!" she called back, starting up the hill. "I thought that I would never find you ..."

T ` Poi
Elua blinked, a bit confused. "Find me?" She thought a moment, then looked as if realization had hit her. "I've traveled with you before, haven't I? I am very sorry...very, very sorry...But I cannot remember your name or where it was we met." Her near-perfect memory showed just how mortal it was. "So maybe introductions once more would be good, yes? I'm Elua, lovely one!"

Manda
Eisheth blinked and then laughed softly, finally coming up so she was even with the other. "Oh, it's not your fault," she assured her cousin - Elua. "I didn't much expect you to remember me at all. The last time that I saw you, you were very young... I'm your cousin, actually," she said them with a little dip of her head. "And my name is Eisheth."

T ` Poi
COUSIN?! Oh, Elua knew what cousin meant. Leru had made sure her education was very good. But...Elua could barely remember the face of her own mother. It had never occurred to her that she actually had other blood family. "Cousin? Hold on just a moment!" The cheetah quickly made her way into the valley, to better talk with Eisheth. She stopped before the earthy cheetah, out of breath and curious. "You're my cousin?"

Manda
Eisheth smiled at Elua and nodded. "Yes... I ... didn't agree with the others when they put you out in the cold all the time ago," she said quietly. "But there wasn't much I could do, we're very nearly of an age." She ducked her head a bit. "I admit... I thought, as does everyone now, that after that you had died. But a little while ago, I had a dream about you...and I knew you were alive somewhere."

T ` Poi
Elua smiled. "I...I don't remember much beyond hazy dreams. But Leru took me in..." She sat and looked as if she couldn't be prouder. "She's a wonderful serval...beautiful too. Taught me about things much of the savanna has forgotten. And I travel with an ever-changing group...until we find a place that calls to us." She purred. "Love as thou wilt. Did you know there was once a place that lived by that? I want to find it one day, though Leru said it has been long since it was dispersed."

Manda
A serval..? How odd, one of the smaller cats taking in a larger one. But she supposed that anything could happen. Upon hearing the phrase the group lived by, Eisheth blinked and shook her head. "I've never heard of such a thing... but it sounds wonderful."

T ` Poi
Elua just laughed softly. "Many have not heard it...but it is something I hold dear to my heart. Love is such a beautiful thing in all its forms...Between mother and child, sisters, lovers, mates...And everyone loves a little differently." She chuckled. "I'm not sure I'll ever have a true mate. I fall in love far too easily to stay with just one creature..."

Manda
Eisheth blinked slightly, listening ... and then nodded thoughtfully. "That's true. Everyone is definitely different and it's good ...that no one be turned away."

T ` Poi
Elua nodded. "All deserve a chance to be loved for who they are, not what they are or who their parents were." She remembered yells of her being a mistake. "Life is a precious gift that should not be wasted, and love is the purest expression of life."

Manda
Eisheth smiled at that and nodded again. "Indeed. That's something that ... I could wish was true in a more widespread fashion," she admitted quietly. Sitting down, she let tail tip twitch a little as her ears canted toward the other. "So ... you have just been going around with this Leru and gathering people to travel with you all this time?"

T ` Poi
Elua nodded. "I've met many creatures, and spread what we live by to as many as I can. Oh there are so many beauties in this world...Both in body and spirit!" She giggled. "And I've been smart and not asked the Goddess of Mothers to open my womb. I'm not quite ready for cubs of my own..."

Manda
Eisheth laughed softly. "That's likely a good idea, if you're traveling a lot. Little ones are wonderful, but not so much when they are -very- little." She knew, as she'd assisted in several births back home and tended to act as a nurse for those who had other duties while their cubs were still tiny.

T ` Poi
The orange-eyed cheetah nodded. "Yes. We have a little one traveling with us now...but she's grown enough to keep up. We tend to not move quickly anyways." She chuckled. "Many call us lost...but it is rather hard to get lost if you're not going anywhere."

Manda
Eisheth agreed with a flick of ears. "Indeed, that is true. It's also true that if you have faith in something, somewhere, it's hard to get lost." A little pause and she purred softly. "It seems as if you've found that, cousin."

T ` Poi
Elua nodded. It was strange, to be called a term that needed blood-kin. But...it was nice, to have blood-kin. "I have faith in love. It is the one thing no one can truly take from us. Even hidden, love exists...and will thrive." She smiled. "You must have traveled far, cousin...if you'd like, you can rest with the group. And you are welcome to travel with us if you choose."

Manda
Eisheth smiled at that with another purr. "I would like that very much. I don't really fancy going back home again, not now. It has been a very long road to get here." Somehow, though, she felt as if this was where she -belonged-.

T ` Poi
Elua purred as well. "Welcome then, and well met." She moved to nuzzle Eisheth, happy that their group had not only grown again, but that she had more family. And she was certain Leru and her new-found cousin would get along well! "We aren't far from he-"

"ELUA! Yer supposed to HIDE for hide and seek!" The cheetah blinked and smiled sheepishly up at the cub from the other group.

"I'm sorry, cubling...But I met someone I haven't seen in so long I didn't remember seeing her." The cub made an 'oh' and ran off to find the others from his group. Elua chuckled. "We're staying with another group for the night...exchanging information about the lands around us."

Manda
"Oh? That sounds like a good idea, so long as the other group is a friendly one. Which I must assume that it is," Eisheth replied with a smile. "Ah, there is this also. Just when you ... left home... I had decided to start training as a healer. And before -I- left, I had just completed that training." She smiled, please with herself, though not overly proud.

T ` Poi
A healer! Oh...that was a sort of person Elua had never really had in her group, for all the creatures that came and went. "That's wonderful, Eisheth! And a great help. We...have no healer." She chuckled nervously.

Manda
Oh, well that was even better then! She was needed here, Eisheth could almost sense it. Leaning forward, she bumped her head against the other's shoulder with a please purr. "Then I would be more than glad to stay."

T ` Poi
Elua purred and stood, dancing about a bit. "I knew this day would be good. Blood-kin and a healer at the same time!" She bounced a bit as she face Eisheth again. "Follow me! The group is this way!" And thus the normally good-mood Elua was in an even better mood than usual, bright grin on her face.

Manda
Eisheth smiled at that, and with another quiet purr, she got up to follow her cousin - and walked into a new life.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:24 pm
User Image

-A Significant Rescue-

Manda
Hmmnn... another day, more scouting. It had been a day or two since Ka had met 'Ros out here, and he was still fuming quietly over the incident. Now that 'Ros had brought back all the memories of Farlest... Ka was finding himself more irritable than usual and just, generally out of sorts. A couple of others had asked if something was wrong, and he'd passed it off as his new wounds bothering him - not necessarily true, but close enough. They'd all assumed that he had just run into some random demon, as he wouldn't talk about it, and he had let them. There was no reason to bring up his personal life...

After all, he was really only here for somewhere to stay, and something to do. To feel useful, and perhaps feel as if he was making up for failing Farlest by protecting others. No one was very close to him here... and he suspected that it would always be like that.

+Sephiros Immortal+
But Farlest was closer than Ka thought. The godling...as his memories told him, had been watching. A female lioness now, she'd waited, watched. From the moment she'd 'known' who she was, she had gone searching for Ka'hmesh. When she'd finally found him, she discovered that apparently he'd found a pride...a place to call home. Instantly the longing in her had welled up again. Gods but she'd missed Ka'hmesh. He seemed happy here, though, and there was that female...a striking, strong creature, a lioness that made Far look upon her own delicate frame in dismay. Goodness...it was no wonder Ka'hmesh preferred her. Not that he hadn't had every right. Farlest had been dead and Far...hadn't been anything to Ka'hmesh anyway. Not like that. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she'd forced herself to be content with watching from afar. She'd help Ka...if ever he needed trouble, but he obviously...had no place for her any longer. She wouldn't interfere with his happiness.

Today, however, had been particularly abysmal. She'd met up with a demoness today, with wicked crimson eyes and a frame much like Far's own. The two had battled, respecting each other as assassins of a kind. Their training had obviously been similar, and they had ended up clawing each other up impressively, before Far had been left with an almost useless foreleg, but managed to get a grip on the other's throat...and they had conceded before one or the other of them ended up dead. So now Farlest was nursing a bum leg, on top of her other injuries, and was curled up in a small hollow beneath the branching roots of a scraggly tree that offered some meager form of protection, feeling especially pathetic.

Manda
By that point, Ka was closer than he usually went to the demon lands - but he'd scented blood on the wind and was practically -looking- for a fight now, hoping that an injured demon was out here somewhere. Or perhaps even a non-injured one who had just clawed someone else up. What he found though... was that one small, dark lioness huddled under the tree. Oh ... hell. Looked like she'd had a -really- bad day.

Something about her seemed vaguely familiar to him, but Ka brushed it off for the moment, stopping and crouching down slightly. "Excuse me... are you all right?" he asked softly - tone polite.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her head snapped up, almost replying out of habit to the familiar voice, before her ears flattened back against her head, and she almost felt as though she might cry, a slight tremble running through her body. "I...I...well...n-not really I suppose." It became very quiet, as she went on, and she swallowed hard. Oh gods...what should she do now? It was Ka...and she'd promised herself she wouldn't interfere, but at the same time...she did need help. Stuck out here all by herself, she would be easy pickings should another demon happen along.

Manda
Ka tilted head slighlty - just glad that she hadn't scrambled out and run off in fear or anything. Or tried to attack him... neither being a wise choice at this point. "Somehow, I had the feeling that you weren't," he replied with a faint smile. Nudging some of the roots aside, he stepped back out of the way a bit. "This isn't the best place to rest, either... I assume you were attacked by one of those demons? If you'll come with me, you can rest in the lands of my pride for a while..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
Nodding carefully, she dwelt on the first question. "Yes...it was a female, I was lucky, that I was able to fight her off, but I'm not...your pride lands, are they far? I'm not sure how easy it will be for me to walk with this leg." To Ka's pride, she wasn't sure if she could do that, if she was strong enough inside to not reveal her longing...how much she envied his happiness.

Manda
"You can lean on me if you need to," Ka replied, still holding those roots aside for her. "If you stay here, the female you fought is likely to report it and others will come back..." It really would be better if she came with him - though he wouldn't at all force her.

+Sephiros Immortal+
It was nice...reassuring, to hear the concern in his voice, even though it wasn't for her...not really, not for Farlest. With a grimace, she simply nodded, trusting her voice no further, and heaving herself to her feet, holding that injured leg gingerly off the ground. Gods above...even if she did tell him...who she was...would he believe her? Or laugh...or even...be angry for what seemed a falsehood? It was painful, humiliating to think that, so for as much as she wanted to...she could not.

Manda
Ka slowly backed up as the lioness moved, making room for her to get out. Then he moved to offer a shoulder so she could lean on him - eyeing that leg with a bit of concern. They really had no official healers in the pride yet... he could only hope that her wounds weren't already infected or anything like that. "We can go slowly ... if any other demons show up, I'll protect you. Don't worry," he murmured softly.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She smiled wryly, "Well...I've a little demon blood in me myself, sir...I can hold my own, I fear." Hopefully he would hold that against her no more than last time...but she would be honest with him, even if he suspected her. "Though...not really right now." Hesitantly, she leaned against him, eyes flitting uncertainly to Ka's face, quietly drinking him in. Gods...she'd missed Ka.

Manda
Indeed, Ka tensed just for a moment, but then relaxed... obviously, she wasn't like them - he couldn't hold something like that against her. "Just having demon blood doesn't make you a demon," he pointed out quietly - taking her weight uncomplaining. "It's this way," he murmured then, heading back toward his own pride's lands. Once there, he went for the little group of un-used dens, meaning to settle her into one of them and then go report what had happened.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She was quiet, as they made their way to the heart of Ka's pride's lands...just watching him. It seemed worse somehow, this close to him, when she wanted to curl up with him, and show her affection, heart longing to do so after she'd missed him so terribly. But...she didn't have that right...not this time or even the time before it, though she'd never let go of his place in her heart, not for a moment. Following him to the dens, she gave a soft, wistful sigh. If only.

Manda
Ka glanced over at that. "Are you all right," he murmured softly. "I didn't go too fast, did I?" There was concern there - but it wasn't entirely personal ... he didn't even know her name, after all. "Ah.. my name is Ka'hmesh, I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself before. But I wanted to get you away from the demon lands quickly ... "

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I'm fine." She replied, frowning slightly at the hitch in her voice, as it betrayed her, trembling with her emotions. A careful smile touched her expression, "I...thank you, Ka'hmesh, it's a pleasure to meet you...a-albeit in not the best of circumstances. I'm...Far..." She faltered for a moment, "Farien." Thinking quickly, something that wouldn't confuse her terribly if someone called her suchly. She couldn't...let him know. It would only hurt him. Right?

Manda
Ka nodded slightly. "Farien ... It's nice to meet you - though I think we both could wish it was under better circumstances." He grimaced just a bit for her sake - almost teasing. She still seemed really shaky, upset almost... and it touched something in him, made him want to help. "I need to go and tell someone that you're here. But would you like something to eat? There's a small pool just there with water..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
"It's all right...I think...I think I just need to rest..." She murmured, moving to make herself a place to lie down. "Perhaps...after?" She suggested softly, green eyes flickering faintly as she watched him...alive with some untold emotion. She almost wished he wouldn't leave...that he'd stay. But there was no reason for him to do that...none at all.

Manda
Ka nodded slightly at that and started to turn and go out - but hesitated, glancing back. "I could still come back ... if you want," he offered quietly. She looked somehow, very lonely...

+Sephiros Immortal+
It was a very hesitant smile that she gave to the other, but she nodded, "I'd...like that, if you wouldn't mind terribly." Later...that would be nice, to know that he'd return. Ka'hmesh had always been one to keep his word, and with that knowledge, she rested head on her paws, weary.

Manda
Ka smiled back at that and stepped closer for just a moment to touch nose to a shoulder. "You just try to rest then... I'll be back soon," he promised - then turned and headed out of the den. He would bring a bit of food back as well if he could ... just in case she did get hungry.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:31 pm
User Image

-Looks Like We Have a Second Chance-

+Sephiros Immortal+
Farlest was just waking up...reluctantly, as the ache in was especially strong, having slept for the first time since she'd acquired these new wounds. Gods....that was right...Ka had picked her up, Ka'hmesh. With a sad whuffle, she opened her eyes, wondering at the time. Hours...at the very least, had passed, though there was a soft light outside, which made her assume that it was morning. Lovely...she'd slept the night. With a yawn, she gingerly stretched her good leg. Well...Ka had promised to return, that was something to look forward to. She supposed...anyway...

Manda
In point of fact, it had been fairly close to dawn anyway when Ka had found her... so he hadn't been gone all that long when he came padding back toward the den. "Farien...?" he called softly, setting down the haunch of antelope he was carrying to do so. He didn't want to end up startling her or anything.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her ears pricked at that, and she smiled faintly, eyes lidding as she listened to him approach. "Hello, Ka'hmesh." Goodness, it would be nice, if he accepted her, but he wouldn't...he was happy here, and Farlest was a part of his past left forgotten. So she would be Farien...and nothing more to him, and she would not be special, or loved, and if she died somehow she would not cause him grief.

Manda
Ka smiled at that and trotted forward - hoping that maybe she'd gotten a bit of rest. Once inside the den, he dropped that meat and licked juices from it off his mouth. "I brought you this... in case you're hungry. Do you feel any better?" he asked softly, tilting head to eye those wounds in the slightly better light.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She bobbed her head, "A bit. I'm a mite sore, now, but that'll pass." Glancing at the meat, she resisted the urge to lunge for it. "A-and thank you for the meal, I really could use it just now." And then, without further ado, she scooted closer to it, drawing the food near and eating as delicately as she could. Impressions and all that.

Manda
Ka sat down and curled his tail about his paws, watching her with a faint smile. "You really don't have to be polite," he pointed out after a moment or two, almost teasingly. It seemed he had grown a bit... socially ... since he'd last know Far. Though he still had no idea what was truly going on here.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Yes, she easily could remember how hard it had been to get Ka to talk at first, he'd seemed...so adorably clumsy at any attempts at conversation. She...almost missed it, and swallowing, she glumly stared at her food for a moment. Selfishly, she wished it had remained that way, that this brightness, easiness, was still only for her. "If you say so." She murmured, "So...whilst I'm eating...why don't you tell me about you...and the pride? Your life here...?" How had Ka been doing...all this while?

Manda
Ka tilted head a bit, wondering why it was she was so curious ... but then again. She had managed to drive a demoness off, and keep from being killed. Perhaps he might end up recruiting a new member here. "Ah well ... basically, this pride was formed in order to fight the pride of demons. We hunt them, and whenever we can ... we kill them," he growled softly, claws flexing into the dirt just a bit. "Personally ... I am here... because the demons took something, someone from me. A long time ago... " he went on, voice dropping lower. He wasn't sure why he was even telling her this much, but somehow, he felt... she would understand.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Farlest tilted her head up, eyeing the other carefully, "Well...it seems a noble cause, the demons are a scourge." She growled softly, her response not unlike Ka's on. "And...what...sort of person did they take from you...? For you to be fighting for that...even now?" Searching somehow...hoping to hear something positive, delve into things Farlest had...perhaps...never known.

Manda
Ka winced slightly at the question, almost wishing that he hadn't gone into it. It was hard to think of, still ... hard to talk about. "Someone very important to me," he murmured - the words almost a whisper. Then he shook his head slightly. "I'm sorry ... I ... it's difficult to speak of."

+Sephiros Immortal+
He was hurting...Farlest could tell that much, sensitivity to the emotions of others hardly decreased by a mortal form, and with a soft, sympathetic sound, she bumped her head against his shoulder. "Ka...it's all right..." There was such emotion contained in the words...she couldn't help it...couldn't stand to see him like this. If it still brought him such pain...she'd do what she could to ease it, even if she wasn't perfect...even if he had someone else.

Manda
Ka blinked slightly at that - not having even realized he'd been staring off into space, remembering. "Wha..?" he started to ask, looking down at the other. Then... "Oh... well, I've been trying to... you know. Move on with my life. So I suppose it will be, in time."

+Sephiros Immortal+
Farlest shook her head. "No, Ka...it's all right -now-." There was a firm note to the words, an unwavering conviction. "And my name isn't Farien." She knew he could be a little slow to take a hint sometimes, but...perhaps he'd get it now, and prayed he wouldn't be angry, that he'd believe her...maybe. It'd be nice, anyway.

Manda
"I'm ... not sure I understand what you're trying to say," he replied at that, shaking head slightly. What was she talking about...? Had Ka even suspected that gods could be reborn as mortals, he might have gotten it... but as it was... he was still virtually clueless as to what she was getting at.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"It...it's me, Ka...I'm..." She swallowed hard, meeting his gaze then, unflinchingly. "I'm Farlest." It was quiet, and she was desperately glad that her voice didn't tremble. Here it would come now...he would laugh, or he would be angry, perhaps he'd drive her away, he had every right, not to accept her, not to understand or believe. And that would be the end of that...but this had been very nice.

Manda
Ka blinked... then blinked again - honestly just... shocked and, yes, half-disbelieving. But -somehow- ... he sensed the honesty there, saw the truth. It was just... "How..? How is that... possible?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Because I'm a god..." She replied softly, "Gods...are always reborn..." Farlest shook his head, "I didn't know that before, but...well...I don't think it was the sort of thing my father wanted me to know, if you understand." Far shuddered, remembering. Hell...never again.

Manda
Ka made a odd sort of choking sound - almost but not quite a sob ... and almost immediately moved to press himself closer to the other. "I didn't know... either." Gods, if he had... he would have been watching for Farlest. Looking for him... her. Something...

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I'm so sorry, Ka..." He murmured, "I...I didn't mean to hurt you this way, I just...I just thought you'd gone on with your life, I thought you were just fine...the way you were. And I...didn't want to intrude, didn't want to hurt you further." She tilted her head up, burying nose in the other's fur. Ka...had been sorely missed.

Manda
Ka sighed softly and draped his chin over her shoulder. "It isn't your fault... I was trying to move on..." He smiled slightly - just a bit pained. "Not that it was working... Farlest..." he murmured softly, just breathing in her scent - able to recognize how similar it was, now that he knew. "It wasn't until ... after you were gone. That I realized how much you meant to me..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her breath hitched then, and her gaze flicked up in an attempt to meet his. "I...you mean...you..." It was careful, afraid to say too much. She'd just found him again, and she didn't want to lose him so soon...no, she wouldn't let that happen. Be they gods, demons or mortals, she wouldn't be driven away from his side, unless Ka no longer wanted her there.

Manda
Ka pulled back just enough that their gazes could meet - and then nodded slowly, deliberately. "I love you, Farlest... and ... I don't care what sort of body you're in now..." he murmured softly.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I...love you too...and...frankly, I'm just...glad to be back with you, no matter the difference." It felt like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders, and she leaned forward to touch the tip of her nose to Ka's, purring now. This...was much like a dream come true.

Manda
Ka almost instantly purred back, scooting in a bit closer to her again. He'd thought... that was the case, but if Farlest had answered differently - he'd been prepared to let her go. He just... wanted her to be happy. Wanted them both to be. And it seemed as if now, they had a second chance.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:17 pm
User Image

-After All This Time...-

Manda
Layilme sighed softly... another day, yet more aimless wandering. She had run into a few other creatures out here lately, thought maybe she was getting closer to more populated lands. But still... it didn't much help her situation, and she had left her last traveling partner a day or so ago. Since then, she'd slid back into the depression that seemed her constant companion whenever she was alone. Food held little interest for her, water only slightly more-so. She wondered sometimes... why she even bothered to eat or drink anymore But then again, stopping that would be a choice, and it would be difficult... so she just ate (sparingly) when she was hungry and drank when she found water. Other than that...she wandered, paws beating tracks into the dirt that faded away behind her, just like much of her life and spirits had faded...

+Sephiros Immortal+
Mor'faerion had done...only slightly better. Alone as he was, with little hope of fulfilling the search he had set out upon, he had sought the rest of his family instead...his mate and daughter...but they seemed gone as well, vanished from the face of the earth, and no one he had met knew of them. The madness had started to come back in flickers...and some days...he was very simply not himself. The demon, Verge'lian had called it. Bah. He thought he knew so very much.

It was...particularly lonely like this...afraid to be near anyone, for fear of losing it...hurting them, snapping and lashing out. Mor'faerion could not help but long for his mate, the family they'd had...they'd been so happy...and they'd thought to stay that way...but it was not meant to be. With a dejected sort of sound, he had made his perch lazily atop a rock with a sufficiently smooth surface. A good enough place, for now, he had little better to do...save to search again and again...only to find naught.

Manda
Padding along rather wearily, the dark lioness only glanced up now and then - and usually just to make sure she wasn't about to run into things. Though she had done that too ... when she got lost in thought. Now, though, when she glanced up... silver-blue eyes widened for just a moment and she stopped still - staring. Mor'faerion.. oh .... oh -no-. With a soft noise, she took a step backwards, a part of her wanting to flee but at the same time too afraid, and at the same time, wanting to -go- to him. But... he would hate her... she had failed, failed at everything. And she knew that her other son, not the one she had lost... wasn't far behind her. Somehow, he sensed that his presence hurt her... so he stayed back, but he was there... oh hell.

+Sephiros Immortal+
His ears flicked forwards, alert now, however, and green eyes opened, blinking repeatedly. The male made a quiet, little longing sound, but for a moment he didn't dare move. He'd dreamed this, found it an illusion, a mirage...but always he hoped that perhaps it would not vanish...this time...

Carefully, after a moment of silence, he found his voice again. "Layil...?" It was quiet, hesitant, as though a breath would cause her to flee. Gods...he prayed that she was really here. If it were so...he would no longer be alone, and surely nothing could go wrong again, with the love of his life beside him.

Manda
She quite nearly flinched at the sound of her name, drawing into herself with a little shiver. He'd... seen her now. She couldn't run. But she didn't move toward him either - frozen to the spot by her own fears and assumptions.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Slowly then, he got to his feet, making his way towards her, footsteps light. He wanted to run, but still...that fear that he would somehow scare her away. She wanted him back...surely she did, time surely had not changed that. "Layil..." It was not a question this time...and standing before her, he still found that she took his breath away. Very carefully, he careened his neck out, touching his nose to hers. Please...

Manda
Layilme made a soft, upset little noise at that - but she didn't pull back. She'd been alone for so long... and he was offering comfort - something that she quite simply couldn't turn away from. Not that it would last long... once he knew. And she knew that she would tell him. But not yet... gods, not yet. "Mori..." she finally replied - moving to lean against him as eyes lidded.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I missed you..." He breathed, as a great weight seemed to be taken from off of his chest, and he nuzzled her then, moving close, as though to check her for scars or injury. He'd been so afraid never to find her again, and now...this was indeed like a dream...

Manda
She shook her head at that, though - shuddering slightly even as she leaned into his touch. "You... shouldn't have," the lioness half-whispered, eyes still closed.

+Sephiros Immortal+
He frowned slightly, wondering...perhaps, if he'd fallen from her favor, if he'd done something wrong... He'd tried to find her, would have found her sooner if he could have, if he'd known where to look, even the beginning of an inkling. "And why not?" He said quietly, "I love you...and no one has ever cared for me as you have."

Manda
"B-because I f-failed.." came the answer, her voice soft still ... but with a little catch to the words as if she was holding back sobs by main force. Which she more or less was. "You shouldn't ... miss me, or love me... o-or anything..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
He made a soft, soothing rumbling sound, gently nosing at her fur. "It's all right, Layil...you haven't failed...and I've missed you terribly, why on earth would you think I'd dismiss you out of hand?" Gods what had happened to her out there? He was regretting now...that he'd ever parted from her.

Manda
"But I -have-!" she practically wailed at that, shivering against him. Even now, when she knew that he would probably push her away ... or maybe attack her... she wanted his touch. Wanted -so- badly to believe in his words, his love. But how could anyone love... someone like her? "I-I couldn't find Farai and I was lost and alone and... and ... " she trailed off into a little sob, unable to get the words out for a moment.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"And what, love?" He whispered softly, trying not to escalate her upset, but at the same time...he wanted to know what the -problem- was so that he could assuage her fears. Mor'faerion loved her, intensely and deeply, and there was nothing that he could think of that he could not forgive her for. She had not turned him away...she did not hate him for his apparent failure at keeping their family together...

Usiku had been lingering behind, trying to cause as little trouble to his mother as possible, for he did love her, with a child's fervent devotion, and he did not want to see her upset. His first thought had been that this male had caused the upset, but now...now he wasn't so sure. But he wanted to protect his mother nonetheless, and so he carefully scooted around the rock that he'd been hiding behind, peering out at his mother and this strange male lion that apparently knew her so well.

Manda
"I-I ... there was ... there was a male... o-one night. A-and.." she trailed off again - one ear pricking, then turning slowly back toward her other son ... hers, and not Mori's. "I... there were... cubs," that last, just a whisper, as she motioned with her tail for Usiku to come out. She couldn't hide him any longer...

+Sephiros Immortal+
Oh. Suddenly it clicked into place, with the both of them, Mor'faerion and Usiku. Hesitantly, the younger stepped from hiding, feeling a little afraid now. This was his mother's mate...not Usiku's father...that was why his mother hadn't wanted him about...it was why he couldn't make her happy. A glimmer of fear lurked in his eyes as crimson met emerald, and the two were silent for a long moment. Usiku made a soft, unhappy sound, ears laying back against his head. He would have gone to his mother, but...he wasn't sure...she would want him near more than she had at any other time. The way she'd -said- it...Layilme had never wanted Usiku or his now-missing sister.

Mor'faerion was still inwardly reeling, stunned by that. He hadn't expected it, no...but he fought with it for a moment...could he forgive her? Could he accept that she'd accidentally become mother to the cubs of another male? It was clear she regretted it...she was sorry...it cut him deeply...but he partially blamed himself. He'd left her...left her alone and she'd been lonely...and so had he. Confused, he shook his head. "Layil...I...it...I...can...forgive you." He breathed, though it was clear that he'd had to fight with it. Their family had shattered...completely and utterly...but if he could piece it back together again, somehow, perhaps they could still be happy.

Manda
Layil had shrunk back after saying it - moving just a little bit toward her second son. She knew that she hadn't been a good mother to him either... had left him to fend for himself all too often - and all because of her own pain and weakness. But in those few seconds, he was 'safer' than the lion who was not his father. But at Mori's words, her head snapped up and she stared at him... disbelief painted across her features. "Y-you... why...? I'm a... horrible mate a-and a bad m-mother... I ... his sister is gone... lost... I'm sorry!" she wailed quite suddenly - though if she was apologizing to Usiku, to Mori... to the world at large... who knew?

+Sephiros Immortal+
Usiku made a little upset sort of noise and moved in closer to press against his mother's side - trying to let her know it was ok. He didn't blame her...

Mor'faerion moved closer slowly as well, nuzzling at his mate and then looking down at the younger lion. "Because ... I love you," he said quietly. "And I don't want to see something like this... ruin what we had. What we could have again." He smiled faintly, looking from one to the other of them. "A family..."

Manda
The dark lioness blinked at that, startled. They ... could start over? Was that what he was saying? Looking back down at Usiku, she nodded slowly. "A family...." she echoed softly.

Yes... she would like to have a family again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 pm
User Image

-Chase Away the Nightmares-

Manda
It was a few hours later - that Ka had to reluctantly leave again, but this time he was only seeing if he might trade duties with someone else tonight, so that he could stay with Farlest. He hadn't really had a chance to tell anyone exactly -who- Far was... but he thought that could probably wait. At the moment, he was just a bit worried about the other. Having been so close to her all afternoon, he'd noticed just how nasty those wounds were... and though they'd tried to clean them as best they could, he was still concerned. Perhaps he could also find some willow bark for her to chew on...

+Sephiros Immortal+
Farlest, for her part, was trying to sleep, curled up in the shade, the tip of her tail draped over her nose. Dozing now, she hardly noticed the slight shivers that ran from toes and up and on down her spine, but they were steadily increasing. Her wounds had caused her to run a slight fever, and as often happened with such things, the fever brought on nightmares. Frowning in her slumber, she made an upset little mewling sound, one paw pawing lightly at the dust.

Manda
By the time he got back, Ka was slighlty frustrated with how long it had taken ... he'd had to find someone else willing to trade with him - as patrols still needed to be run and the like. But he'd been determined to get back to Far. Ducking head a bit, he padded into that den and spotted the other after a moment, going over to lie down quietly beside her - not wanting to diturb her sleep.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She felt his warmth, and inched closer with an upset warble, burying her head in his mane and shifting restlessly. Her dream was a frightening one, and this warmth...it was familiar, surely it could drive the demons away..."Ka..." It was a hopeful, sleep-laden plea, and she began to tremble.

Manda
Ka blinked slightly at that and turned head to lick at her cheek, a quick sort of reassuring gesture. "It's all right," he rumbled softly. "I'm here... " He realized the other was still asleep - but was sort of hoping he could perhaps calm her without Far having to wake up.

+Sephiros Immortal+
But she didn't, whether Ka's words penetrated or not, it seemed that it had no effect, and she shuddered, tears leaking from her eyes even in sleep. This...was something she couldn't fix, she couldn't save anyone and especially not Ka...not herself...demons...it was all a tangle, and inside, she was panicking.

Manda
Well ...hell. Ka shifted slightly and then actually nudged the other, putting a bit of force into it. "Farlest... wake up. Come on, it's only a dream, love," he murmured close to an ear, nosing at the other.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Very slowly, after a long moment, her eyes opened, and she blinked, gasping, "I...I...what...?" It took her an even longer moment to realize that what had happened before had been a dream, and that reality...reality meant that Ka was here, he was all right, and she was beside him. "Ka..." There was another soft whimper, and she buried her face into his pale mane, comforting herself in his familiar scent.

Manda
Ka purred softly at that, and he scooted closer still - draping tail over her back now. "Shh... it's all right. I was trying not to wake you, but it didn't seem as if you wanted to stay where you were either." He smiled faintly, nuzzling at Far's shoulder.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"N-no..." She murmured, cuddling her smaller frame up against his sturdier one. "I'd rather be awake than trapped...there...it was...you were..." Far made another little upset sound. "I wasn't able to save you this time..." Never once had Farlest regretted sacrificing...in order to let Ka live on.

Manda
Ka went quiet for just a moment, and then that purring was back - a bit louder now. "Well ... that's not what really happened," he pointed out softly. "You did save me. And I'm here, and you're here... and I love you. It's all right, Far," he murmured softly, wriggling just a bit until he could get at her face. Then he started to gently lick tears away. No need for those... not now.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She smiled shakily, nuzzling at him with a soft purr. "I know...I know now, but dreams lie sometimes...it's nice to wake up and be so comforted..." The reality was beautiful, and it washed away the nightmares.

Manda
Ka blinked slightly and then laughed softly, smiling at the other. "Just don't start having them only so you can get the comfort afterwards... I'd imagine that wouldn't be very fun," he teased just a bit - glad Far seemed to be in a better mood now.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She stuck out her tongue at Ka for that, shaking her head, "Silly, I could get cuddles from you anytime, right?" As if to prove her point, she snuggled still nearer. To have him next to her like this was incredibly reassuring, and to think that this was all -real-...goodness, it seemed that life had finally decided to be kind to her.

Manda
Ka laughed again and nodded in a decisive sort of manner. "Of course you can," he purred in reply, nuzzling at an ear affectionately. "What sort of a mate would I be, otherwise, hmm?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
Farlest couldn't help the warm feeling that she felt inside her when Ka'hmesh said that, she'd known it, but to hear it confirmed was something beautiful. "Mate, huh?" She purred happily, it settling into a contented rumble, "I love you, Ka'hmesh..." Goodness, she couldn't wait until she was healed, she'd been waiting this long, after all. Yawning softly, she nestled in, preparing for a few more winks next to her lovely -mate-.

Manda
Ka smiled at that and purred back, leaning in to lick gently at Far's ears. "Good... becuase I love you too. Now... you should get some more rest if you can," he murmured softly.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Mmmhmm...." With a pleased, albeit sleepy murmur, she agreed, eyes lidding...and as tired and aching as she was, it was only a few moments before she'd dozed off again, all cuddled up against Ka's side.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 am
User Image

-This Is Where We Are Now-

Manda
It was about a week or so later... that Farlest was finally well enough to leave that den for longer periods of time - and Ka decided to show the other about a little. Perhaps even to get Far to move into -his- den, or choose another if she didn't think his current one was big enough for two. He had gone back to his duties by then - going off for several hours at a time, though he hated to leave Farlest alone, even in a safe place such as this. There were, inevitably, a few more nightmares... but usually Ka was there to chase them away. And he'd noticed they were getting less frequent of late... which was good. So today when he padded into that den, he nuzzled at the other with a low rumble. "How are you feeling, love?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
With a loud yawn, she slowly raised her head, forelegs extending languidly in a lazy stretch. "Mmm...fit as a fiddle..." Farlest was practically purring, slowly sliding up to nuzzle back at her love...her mate. Goodness but life had been kind to her lately. Honestly, each waking moment had seemed as though she were walking on air. The pride itself was a miracle...something that was daring to fight against Morifaer and the pride he had helped to form. It took bravery to do that, and Farlest would condone any such actions...help if she could.

Manda
Ka smiled at that and purred at her in a pleased sort of manner. He'd been worried at first... but it seemed his presence by her side made all the difference in her recovery - which he was glad of. "Then ... I thought that I might show you around today," he suggested, sidling up to press the length of his body against hers in an affectionate sort of manner.

+Sephiros Immortal+
With a happy sort of churring sound, she bumped shoulders with him, perfectly pleased with the touches. "I'd love that." She agreed eagerly, eyes lighting up at the prospect. Far hadn't gotten out much, much to her dismay, but now that she was all healed up, well...much was possible.

Manda
Ka smiled and nodded. "Well, then ... follow me," he invited, moving to pad out of the den into the sunshine. It was a lovely day today ... perfect for showing off his, their, new home. "I have no more duties the rest of today, and tonight," he murmured over a shoulder, with a smile.

+Sephiros Immortal+
With a grin on her maw and a slight dance to her step, she padded out just behind him, nudging at his hip for a moment in yet another display of affection. "Oh lovely, then I have you all to myself." And oh did she intend to make use of THAT. "So tell me then, Ka...just what have you been doing all this time, hmm? Tell me about the inner workings of this pride as well, love...there's so much I want to know..." And this time was all for them.

Manda
And with that, Ka began his little tour of the pride's lands, stopping here and there to point out places of interest. He was saving the riverside for last, though... that, and his own den - which was near the shore. "Ah well... after... what happened back then," Ka began with a slight wince. "I was free, but I ... really, I had no idea what to do with myself. It's a bit embarrasing now. So I ended up wandering for a long time..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
Far had been fairly quiet...well...for Far, during the whole tour, listening attentively to the other's words, only asking questions when something particularly came up, or if she was confused. Now, however...it seemed they were at the talking part they were really interested in. "Mmm...a little lost, eh? It was...that way for me too. But I ran with a group of healers for a while, after I escaped Morifaer...it was quite nice, actually."

Manda
Ka smiled at that and nodded. Far would be happy among healers... "I'm glad that you found somewhere good to stay like that," he purred at the other. Glancing off into the distance for a moment then, he went on with his own tale. "Eventually, I started hearing rumors that a pride of demons was forming... so I followed the whispers until I found them. Your father..." he trailed off and shook his head with a sigh. "He has found far too many loyal followers."

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Well...I...wasn't content there..." She replied quietly, shifting to lean into her mate. "And I would expect that of him. One thing I have to say for him, he will use any means necessary in order to get what he wants, and a pride...I should have expected such a thing sooner or later." Farlest had known, really, what lay within her father's mind, but had hoped it would not come to fruition.

Manda
Ka nodded at that, and sighed softly, leaning into Far in turn, mutual comfort. "I think that he found one very ... ambitious and delusional lion and swayed that one to his cause. Then, from there... it grew, like a disease." He shuddered just slightly. "At any rate... soon after finding the demons, I heard more rumors - of a group forming to figh them. And so I started to search for those, hoping that it was true."

+Sephiros Immortal+
Farlest grimaced, knowing well the sorts of creatures that Morifaer could and would use, one thing she must give her sire, Morifaer was crafty, and knew well how to make use of just about anything. "I know...that not all demons are bad, but any who would work alongside my sire..." That she could not accept, and with a low sigh, her eyes lidded, and she silently basked in Ka's warmth for a few moments. He still smelled of sand and desert, two things she'd never been so happy to scent in her entire life.

Manda
Ka nodded at that, making a face. "To finish the tale, though... obviously, I found the demon hunters," he murmured. "And so, here I am." He smiled faintly and turned to nuzzle at the other's cheek. "Mm... and there is one more place that I want to show you... "

+Sephiros Immortal+
Arching a brow, she licked at the other's muzzle, making an inquiring sort of sound, "Oh? And what place is this, love?" To be perfectly honest, she'd let Ka'hmesh take her anywhere, he had only to ask.

Manda
Ka smiled just a bit secretively and started walking again - heading for what looked like a large patch of reeds and grass. Going into it, however, he disappeared - or seemed to. On the other side, was the short of the river, lined with more tall reeds and grasses, as well as flowers here and there. Just to one side was the entrance to a smallish sort of den - his.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Curiosity had filled her emerald gaze, and she peered about, intensely desiring to know just where the other was leading her. However...she was not a dense creature, and rather swiftly she realized that this was Ka's -home-, and she grinned from ear to ear, glancing again to her mate. "You live here?" Or rather...-we-.

Manda
Ka smiled at that and padded over to the entrance. "Yes... I wanted to show you. I'm not ... sure it's big enough for two, but if not, we could move," he said hopefully, glancing back at the other. Inside, it was warm and a bit close - but also cozy ... or so he thought, at least.

+Sephiros Immortal+
With a delightful laugh, she poked her nose inside, and then in went the rest of her, to curl at the back of it. "It's quite snug indeed!" Just about perfect for the two of them, though heaven forbid if they ever had children... "Won't you join me?" Raising a brow, the look was unmistakable. Why don't you join me...hmmm...?

Manda
Ka laughed softly in return and padded in behind her - moving to curl up beside his mate. It really was just big enough for the two of them to curl up close ... which was wonderful, so far as he was concerned. Purring, he settled in and licked at Far's face. "I'm glad that you like it..." he murmured.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:24 am
User Image

-We're Going To Need a Bigger Den...-

+Sephiros Immortal+
It had been a couple of weeks since Far had happily settled in with Ka'hmesh, and the love they'd rediscovered betwixt them had been allowed to bud and blossom and resulted in several romps both in and outside of their den. However...apparently there were more results still, as Far knew quite well from the stirrings within her. She was delighted, naturally, it was all a matter of deciding how to break the news to her beloved mate. With a purr, she slipped onto all fours, going to seek Ka'hmesh out. He should be coming back soon, if not about now...just perfect.

Manda
Indeed, Ka was on his way back - both of them having patrols now ... though not always together. And that was done on purpose, so that each would form relationships within the pride, outside of each other. They all had to be a unit, if they had any hope of really defeating the demons. Which Ka agreed with, and so he didn't complain - though he did miss Farlest at times. Padding along the line of the river, he smiled as he saw his mate coming to meet him. "Good afternoon, love," he purred as he got closer. "How was your day?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Enlightening." She replied happily, a certain almost gleeful look to her features. Oh goodness would he be surprised. There was an energy about her that seemed almost tangible, and she felt like any moment it might slip from her tongue despite her best intentions. "I discovered something utterly delightful today..." her tail flicked to and fro, silent testimony to her mischief.

Manda
Ka blinked slightly at that, head tilting. "Ooh?" he asked, peering at her. She really did rather look like she'd been up to something. What in the world..?

+Sephiros Immortal+
Farlest laughed delightedly at the look on her love's face, "Just guess, Ka...just guess...I dare you to guess." It became almost sing-song as she pranced forward, gallivanting about the tan male.

Manda
More blinking, as Ka turned his head to watch her - utterly cluelss, to tell true. He hadn't really thought about the fact that something might come of their romps... so he didn't even suspect. "Ah... you've ... redecorated the den?" he hazarded, guessing out of the blue.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Oh no...but we might need to renovate it..." She trilled, throwing her paws forward, hind end in the air like some over-eager puppy. "Make it -bigger-..." There's a hint, Ka...come on, you can get this one, I know you can. Her mate couldn't be that dense, now could he?

Manda
Apparently, he could ... because at that, Ka just stared at her with a blank sort of look. After a moment or two, he asked, "Ahm... and... why is that?" Whilst his mind conjured up all sorts of strange scenarios - including Far randomly wanting to have others move in or something...

+Sephiros Immortal+
Far blinked, her ears flicked up and down once...twice, and she sighed heavily. "You really are incorrigible, my love..." Sliding up, she nuzzled at him before butting him playfully with her head. "You're going to be a daddy." Just a whisper, but one laden with all of her glee over her current condition.

Manda
Ka froze for just a moment or two at that, then eyes widened ... oh. OH. Then he ducked head and laughed softly, purring at her. "I really am a bit dense... Far... that's ... I ... this is wonderful!" he rumbled happily, butting her right back.

+Sephiros Immortal+
And she laughed with him, relief filling her that he was indeed happy with the new development. Cubs...somehow she felt almost -too- eager to hear the scampering of young paws. To raise a family with Ka'hmesh was more than she could have hoped for...but now it was reality, a sweet, beautiful dream that was being played out in her life. "Isn't it though?"

Manda
Ka purred louder at that and nibbled at an ear playfully. "Yes, indeed ... and you're right. We will need more room if there are little ones on the way." He sounded utterly delighted... pleased beyond measure that they were to have a family.

+Sephiros Immortal+
With a giddy, lionish smooch of his muzzle, she whirled about, padding off towards their den. "Well...that can wait...what do you say you and I celebrate our parenthood, hmmmmmm?" Waggling eyebrows at him, she tore off for their den, in order to hide the goofy grin on her face.

Manda
Ka blinked and then laughed at that, darting to follow her after just a moment. He rather thought celebration was in order... yeeeees, indeed.

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:18 am
User Image

-Whoa There-

Manda
Aah, it was such a -nice- day for a swim! The sun was warm, the water was cool, and a lovely breeze was blowing. And if there was one thing that Tunta'poli absolutely loved, it was swimming. And beaches, and the waves... and ... well, ok. Water in general. Not really your typical cat, but did he care? Not at all. Ducking under the water for a moment, he swam toward the bottom, paws skimming just over the coral there - blowing bubbles out from his nose before surfacing again and shaking his head about to get water out of his ears.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Well...she only wanted a drink, that was for sure. Wading into the water, she'd dipped her nose delicately in the water, warbling cheerfully to herself, the tip of her tail spraying droplets everywhere. Expecting the water to be only a little deeper, she took a few steps forward. however, things were not to be so very simple, for quite suddenly, there was a drop-off of sorts, a very unusual thing for the leopardess to encounter, as she was used to the very normal swimming hole, and thus, with a yelp, she found herself plunging into the water. Eyes went wide and she paddled furiously, not entirely sure what to do, or how to get back to shallow water. She'd never had to swim before, and the sensation of nothing beneath her paws seemed utterly terrifying.

Manda
Uwah? A splash? Had someone decided to join him in here? Looking up, Poli's ears came forward and he started swimming toward the flailing leopardess. "Hey, now, you're not doing so well there, are you miss?" he half-drawled, nosing at her shoulder just a bit. "Relax a little, hey?" he suggested - already attempting to get hold of her scruff so he could perhaps help.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She eeped, going still and blinking at him with distressed crimson eyes. This water was SALTY and it hurt her and it didn't taste good at all and it made her eyes sting. "I-I...sorry...I...c-can't swim!" She whimpered, ears flattening against her head. How very embarrassing, to be found this way. Her panic had subsided a little bit, but she was still valiantly resisting the urge to flail about madly.

Manda
"Ah can see that," Poli murmured around a mouthful of fur - voice slightly muffled as he started to half-drag her back toward shore. It didn't take too terribly long, though, as he was fairly strong from all the swimming that he normally did. Hauling her back to where the water was shallower, he spat out a few clumps of fur and then tilted head at her. "If you can't swim, why did you go in tha water in tha first place, miss?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
She shook herself then, and looking quite drenched and sheepish, she tried to compose herself, licking a soaked paw and making a face at the way it tasted. "I...was...looking for water, I didn't know this was salty water, I've...never been out this far...at least I don't think so." Frowning, she wrinkled her nose, clearly bothered. "I-I'm sorry to be an inconvenience, sir..." So mortifying in front of such a nice male...just her luck.

Manda
Poli shook himself out just a bit as well, though he didn't mind dripping dry for a while. "Ah, it's all right. This is tha ocean, though. You've never see tha ocean before, miss? It's all salty, clear out to where it disappears in the sky," he said, nodding toward the horizon. He'd tried to swim out that far, once, but the sky just kept moving away from him. Maybe it was fickle.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She shook her head. "I've...never seen the ocean before...there's so much water..." There was just a slight note of awe in the female's voice, and she smiled faintly, "Do you...live around here then? Near the ocean?" That would explain why he seemed so perfectly at home...why he could swim so well.

Manda
Poli nodded in a friendly sort of fashion. "Shore do ... see those caves right up there, miss?" he replied, nodding to a dark series of holes in a nearby cliff. "That's where ah make my home. Where are you from, if ah may ask?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
She blinked, then blinked again. "Uh..." Pointing away from the water with a paw, she smiled sheepishly. "That way...I think." There was a slight frown on her face and she sighed in frustration. Not remembering things was really a problem.

Manda
A blink. "You think? You don't remember where you came from, miss?" he asked, tilting head a little. Oh dear. Had she hit her head or something...?

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her ears flattened against her head, and she nodded slowly. "I...I just woke up one day, and I don't remember anything before that...a-and sometimes, things get fuzzy, or I forget where I am. It's...kind of scary." She whispered, as though confiding in him. "So...see...that's why I don't know if I've seen the ocean before...and...stuff."

Manda
Poli blinked at her again. Oh ... "Aw, miss... that's terrible," he replied quietly after a moment or two, edging a bit closer. "Sounds like somethin's maybe messed up in your head, somehow. You don't even know where ya come from... do you know where you're goin?"

+Sephiros Immortal+
Opening her mouth as though to say something, she stopped, and scowled again. "I...not really." Looking a bit disheartened, she flopped, resting head on paws. "I suppose I'm lost..." That really couldn't be good at all now could it?

Manda
"Huh... well, what's your name? Do ya remember that, miss?" Poli asked, smiling slightly in invitation. "I'm Tunta'poli but most just end up callin me Poli in the end."

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Oh yes!" Her ears pricked up again, glad for remembering that at least. "My name is Panya." Feeling herself flush beneath her fur, she shifted her paws in a nervous fashion. "I...pleased to meet you then, Poli."

Manda
Poli laughed softly, not quite able to see that flush but somehow knowing it was there from the look on her face. "Hey, it's all right... maybe you'll remember more stuff in time. Did ya maybe hit your head at some point? It's nice ta meet you too, Panya," he replied with a little bob of his head.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I...I think I did, but I can't remember." She sighed softly, "But I'm hoping I'll remember...it's...I mean...it's something, but is it enough? What if something happens...?" Panya huffed then, "I'm worrying too much...maybe...I don't know!" She looked almost like she might cry, gaze flicking to Poli's. Goodness, he must think she was a mess.

Manda
Yeek... she was an excitable sort of thing, wasn't she? "Whoa, hey there... it's all right, no need ta get so upset, miss," he murmured, moving in closer and kind of nudging her shoulder with his nose. He wasn't even sure what she meant by something happening... but she really was worrying too much.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Going quiet, she nodded slowly. "I...likely...it's just...scary not to know where you've been, or where you're going. And if I can't remember things, what if one day I wake up and I...don't even know who I am?" There was that note of fear in her voice, as though she was worried nothing would ever be right again.

Manda
Poli made a low purring sound, nosing at her again. "Well so far you still remember that much, hey? Maybe you should find someone ta stay with who could remind you," he suggested, pulling back just a little and tilting head at her.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Her brows furrowed, thinking deeply about the suggestion, before she nodded her head emphatically. "That's...a very good idea." However, her expression turned into dismay but a moment later. "B-but who could I ask? I-I m-mean...I don't know anyone really!"

Manda
Huh. Well, that was a bit of a problem... ah, but maybe not! "Hey now," Poli pointed out with a faint smile. "Ya know me now, don't you, miss?" It wasn't quite an invitation... she'd have to ask for herself. But he was finding that he rather liked her, and wouldn't at all mind if she stayed.

+Sephiros Immortal+
Another slow, puzzled set of blinks, before she smiled widely, "I...I do know you!" That was a comfort, at least. "Well...will you stay with me then?" Poli was almost a stranger to her, a nice stranger, but then again, he was also the only one she really knew anymore, though there certainly must have been others...somewhere.

Manda
Poli smiled and purred softly at that, nuzzling at that shoulder just a bit more. "Ah will ... or rather, you can stay with me, if you like. Since ah have this nice home here. Unless you've got one somewhere else?" His tone was almost teasing - though not in a way that was at all meant to be mean.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Uhm..." She flushed again, shaking her head, "No, I daresay I don't, not that I can...you know...remember anyway." Gesturing at her head with a circular sort of 'crazy' motion. Butting her head almost playfully against his shoulder, she smiled, pleased by this sudden twist of life. "Thank you."

Manda
Poli smiled back - glad his teasing hadn't backfired or anything. "Sounds good... now. Would you like ta learn how to swim?" he offered with just the faintest of smirks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:25 pm
User Image

-The Starting of a Family-

Manda
Ka had known for a day or two now... that it was getting close to time for their cubs to be born. Far, normally a very upbeat and friendly lioness, had been snappy and irritable - not wanting to do much more than lie around, preferably with Ka wrapped around her.

And of course this alternated with plaintive requests for strange foods and odd combinations of more normal foods - all of which Ka patiently complied with.

But now, the large male was starting to get just a bit worried. Not to be... rude... but Farlest was quite literally huge and he was wondering just how many cubs could possibly be inside of his mate. And hoping like hell that there weren't any major problems when said cubs decided they were ready to be out...

+Sephiros Immortal+
Well, the cubs had apparently decided that it was time to vacate their mother's tummy, and Farlest was more than ready for them to be out. Pacing about in circles, and shifting uncomfortably, she finally found a place on the floor of the den that she decided would do, and with a huff, closed her eyes to wait until the birthing pangs subsided a little bit, before calling for Ka'hmesh.

"Ka!" It was more a strangled mewl than a true call, and her ears flattened as the few moments of peace she'd had fled with another wave of pain...tightening. Goodness these little ones were in a hurry. She could only hope that Ka had been lingering near as he had before, and that he was on the alert.

She didn't really want to have these cubs alone, thank you very much.

Manda
Indeed, Ka was close by, having just returned from hunting down something for Far to eat - not anything special, just ... to keep her strength up. But upon hearing that call, he jumped slightly and dropped the meat at his feet - rushing to the entrance of the den. "Farlest?" he called inside, cautiously.

He'd heard tales after all, of other females who had called for their mates only to attack them for getting too close during a birth. He didn't think that Far would do that... but still...

+Sephiros Immortal+
Panting, she slowly raised her head. "Babies..." She murmured between gasps, closing her eyes and focusing all her energies on another push. Goodness...this one seemed eager. Already the first was beginning to appear, Ka's colors...and a couple more pushes revealed a healthy, squirming female.

Glancing back, she smiled faintly, proud of herself...but there were more...pleeeenty more where that came from, and she shuddered, hoping that Ka would have the presence of mind to take care of the little ones until she was through.

Manda
At that, Ka rather quickly wriggled his way into the den and moved to lick at Far's face. "It's all right, love," he murmured softly, trying his best just to ... help, though he didn't know how good a job he was doing.

Once that first cub appeared, though, he blinked - eyes widening just a bit - and moved to pluck the little one up and move her out of the way a little, starting to lick her clean.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"Just...take care of the little ones..." It was more a groan this time, and her claws made tiny indentations in the floor of the den. Why did having babies have to be so painful? She'd been looking forward to this, curse it all.

And then the second one appeared, another little girl, black and tan, a tiny fumbling thing that seemed quite confused to be out in the light. Well that was two...just how many more WERE in there?

Manda
Ka nodded at that and then leaned over for just a moment to nuzzled at his mate. "Don't worry, love... I've got them. You can do this..." he murmured softly, then moved the second girl over near her sister and began to clean her up too.

The two little ones mewled and squeaked, batting at one another in a half-hearted sort of manner - no doubt wondering what in hell was going on here. Ka smiled faintly. "Hello there, little ones... I'm sure that you will have more playmates soon..."

+Sephiros Immortal+
Far simply nodded at that, though she was less sure of that fact than she'd been moments ago, and with another little heave, she mrowled in a most distressed fashion. Why couldn't babies magically appear or something convenient like that?

But it was only moments before baby number three appeared...a boy this time, in Ka's darker brown hues, pale blue markings adorning his coat, a handsome youngling. Well that was three down...just how many more were there to go?

Manda
Ka quickly reached over and snagged that little one with a paw, drawing the boy gently across the floor of the den to join his sisters. He was wondering the same thing Far was at this point... casting a worried look in his mate's direction.

"If you need anything... tell me.. " he called over, softly.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I...I will...just...watch...nnnghGAH!" It became a near-cry, tears leaking out the corners of her eyes as she pushed, hoping to birth the next cub. Gritting her teeth, her sides heaved in another try, and the fourth youngling appeared, another boy...with Ka's hair, but dark colors, a true mix of his parents.

Manda
Ka winced at that cry but moved to take the newest cub, gently cleaning him and settling him with his siblings. The young ones were all mewling rather pitifully now and Ka could only guess they were hungry ... but there was nothing at all -he- could about that. "Hush, hush... soon enough, little ones," he murmured to them.

+Sephiros Immortal+
She didn't even hear her younglings, in too much agony. However, she was determined to see this through. There were four, surely there couldn't be many more to come. With another few shudders of her lean frame, the next appeared...another more like his father, but his mane-tuft and tail promised to be Far's deep ebon. Yet another handsome child, like all of his siblings. A gleam of satisfaction appeared in the lioness' eyes. Her children were lovely...even if they wouldn't stop -coming-.

Manda
Ka purred softly at the cubs, quickly snagging this latest one to add to the pile. Just how many -were- there...? Gods...

+Sephiros Immortal+
And surprise surprise, the next one was yet another male to add to the ever-growing population. This one with Ka's palest tan, and hints of Far's black...but this one had red markings...a blatant Morifaerion trait...but still a pretty child nonetheless. She swallowed hard, but knew that he was likely just as good a child as his younger siblings. Morifaer be damned.

Manda
Ka froze for just a moment, also noticing those markings. But then he growled at himself mentally and reached for this latest cub, washing him off and well and curling about all of them. He cast a worried look toward his mate, who was still going... apparently.

+Sephiros Immortal+
With another whimper, she gave a last push, knowing that she HAD to be nearing the end soon...she was on her seventh for crying out loud! With a rumbling sound, she gave birth to the final cub...a daughter...another lovely mix of her parents, fumbling about blindly in disorientation. Farlest then went limp, sides heaving as she tried to catch her breath. Done...she was done...her body told her...no more.

Manda
Ka looked over at the other then and edged closer - kind of herding the children along with him. "Farlest... gods.. I love you," he murmured softly, nuzzling at her gently.

+Sephiros Immortal+
"I love you too, Ka'hmesh...and now we have a family..." Weakly, she raised her head, nuzzling back at her mate, and then reaching out with a paw to swipe one of the youngsters, cleaning the cub thoroughly with her rough tongue. Now that birthing was over...there were things to do!

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:34 pm
User Image

-A New Way of Life-

Manda
Leru had heard, just recently, that a new cheetah had joined their little group. And more than that... that she was Elua's cousin. So far as the little serval was concerned, this was wonderful! Elua needed to know that all of her family hadn't abandoned her... that there was still love there.

And love, well, that was the most important thing. But now, Leru was curious - wanting to meet this cousin of Elua's for herself.

It wasn't too long before she spotted the other, the brown and tan cheetah making her way through a small group of cubs and treating minor cuts and the like with some kind of herb. Ah... Leru had not heard she was a healer as well. That was good, too.

Manda
Eisheth smiled kindly at the last cub, patting some moss down against a cut with a gentle paw. "You can lick at this if you want, it won't hurt," she told him quietly, as he squirmed - already ready to be off playing again. Truly, all of these cuts would have healed fine on their own, but some might have left scars, without her help.

And Eisheth didn't mind helping - she liked it, in fact. And she was finding that she really did like little ones. They were all so innocent, and playful...

Glancing up, she spotted another small form approaching, and blinked. Another cub? No... this one looked different.

Getting up, she padded closer, calling softly, "Hello?"

Manda
Ah, she'd been noticed! That made things a bit easier. Leru smiled back and bobbed her head. "Hello. I'm not sure if Elua would have mentioned me or not... I am Leru."

Manda
For a moment, Eisheth couldn't remember if Elua had or not... but then, her expression cleared and she nodded with a quick smile. "She did! She told me that ... you took her in, when she was young." She bowed slightly to the smaller creature. "I'd like to thank you for that. Without someone's care, she would likely not still be alive... " And that would have made Eisheth sad. Where now, she had found her cousin again, and both were happy...

Manda
Leru smiled in return and flushed slightly. "How could I not..? She was so small then, and all alone. I was alone, too. It seemed... meant to be." She purred softly.

"And I loved her. I still do... for the one she is named for told us all, 'Love as thou wilt'."

Manda
Eisheth blinked at that. She vaguely remembered hearing the phrase before... "What does that mean, exactly?" she asked, with a curious little tilt of her head.

She remembered Elua saying something about it, but she hadn't asked very many questions at the time - too happy and excited about finding her cousin again.

Manda
Leru smiled - always glad to have someone new to explain this to. "It's really very simple," she replied quietly, sitting down to curl tail about her paws. "It means that... I believe everyone should be able to love as they want to. With no fear of being shunned or betrayed for who, or what one chooses to love."

Tilting head back to look up at the sky, she went on. "I was part of a larger group, once, that lived by that phrase. There was a god we worshiped... called Elua. When I found your cousin, she didn't know what her name was... and so I named her after him - because she was the first thing in a long while I had loved."

Manda
Eisheth listened to the little serval carefully, eyes shining a bit as the other talked. The more she heard of this... the more she liked it. If more lived like that, there would be less fighting. Less getting hurt, or killed. And less pain, overall.

"I think... that you chose a very good name for her," she replied with a smile. "And I think that I will take that phrase as a guidepost for my own life."

Manda
Leru smiled at that and moved to nuzzle at the cheetah's forelegs. "Thank you... I'm glad that someone in her family has found her again. I think that she loves you very much, too."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:35 pm
User Image

-Hmm... Well What Have We Here?-

Manda
Eisheth had been traveling with Elua and her group for several months now - healing the inevitable small injuries that always cropped up while on the road. She was happier than she could remember being in a long while, smiling more often then not, and quick to enter into conversation with any who wanted to talk to her. She'd never been particularly outgoing, but she was a good listener. She liked to listen to the little serval, Leru... her ideas about love and life in general fascinated the cheetah.

T ` Poi
Elua had stayed with the group during the night more and more lately. Usually...well, she was usually denned with someone for the night. But her heart, and belly, just wasn't up to it lately. She felt light-headed and heavy at the same time, and so very hungry at odd hours. Not to mention she seemed to be putting on weight. The cheetah was, for once, not cheerful. She felt tired and not at all in the mood for meeting new creatures. And that made her even sadder. What was wrong with her?! She decided action had to be taken. Eisheth would know what was wrong with her...right? And so, she sought out her cousin.

Manda
At the moment, Eisheth was flopped on the top of a large, flat rock - tail tip hanging off one end and twitching back and forth slightly. It was just around sunset and she had settled here to watch, smiling slightly to herself. She was glad that no one had been seriously hurt since she'd been here. And glad that her dreams had been quiet and even normal as of late.

T ` Poi
Elua stopped not far from the rock, took a deep breath, and continued on. She stopped just beneath Eisheth. "Cousin...I really need to talk to you." Her ears drooped, and she looked like she hadn't gotten proper sleep for a few nights now. "I don't feel well at all! And...and I don't know what's wrong!"

Manda
Oh dear... this couldn't be good. Peering at her cousin, it wasn't hard to tell that she didn't feel well. Concerned now, Eisheth got up and jumped down off that rock to nuzzle her cousin gently. "Tell me how you don't feel well? Have you eaten anything strange in the past few days?"

T ` Poi
Elua tried not to sniffle. "Well...I can't sleep well. And I'm hungry at weird hours. And I feel light-headed and heavy and...and..." This part made her sniffle. "I can't stand being around new creatures! And I know I shouldn't feel that way...but I can't help it!" She nuzzled back. "I...I think I ate some blue grass a few days ago...but otherwise, uh-uh." And the blue grass had just looked like normal grass! Only...a little blue. And the hare had said it was perfectly fine to eat. And Elua knew grass was good when you had just upchucked dinner..."Oh...and the night I ate the grass, I had lost my dinner right before, not long after we'd eaten."

Manda
Eisheth sat back to listen, frowning slightly at first... but as the other talked, she tilted head a bit. That... sounded like... hmm. Well, her cousin had been going off to a certain den for the past little while. So it would make sense. But, best to make sure before she said anything. "Hmm..." she hummed softly, moving to pad around the other, looking at her from different angles. "Would you lie down for me, please?" she asked then, tilting ears toward the other.

T ` Poi
Elua blinked and nodded, complying with her cousin's request. She settled herself comfortably enough...though she had noticed putting pressure on her belly seemed to be a bad idea. It started...complaining, almost! "Can I lie on my side? My stomach doesn't seem to like being laid on."

Manda
She nodded. "Of course! In fact, that would be better, since I need to look at your stomach." She raised brows slightly. "As that seems to be ... the problem area, right?" Smiling slightly, she moved closer to prod gently with paws and nose, trying to determine if her suspicions were correct.

T ` Poi
Elua nodded and rolled onto her left side, sighing in relief as her stomach stopped being a brat. "Very much. I don't know what I could have eaten to upset it though..." They hadn't eaten any sick animals. Or long-dead things...Maybe they'd eaten something that just didn't like her, and her alone...

Manda
It didn't really take very long for her to confirm things, then ... and Eisheth sat back, trying to fight back a wide grin. Who would have thought..? "Aah... well. I can tell you, that there is something ... mm.... in your stomach. But it isn't really anything that you ate," she said, vague on purpose.

T ` Poi
Elua's orangey eyes widened. "What? So..." She trembled. "Wha-what is it? What's wrong?" Was she going to die? Was she going to be even sicker before it was over? "Is it...is it bad, Eisheth?"

Manda
"Oh goodness, no!" Eisheth replied with a sparkle in her eyes. "It's just... you see, little cousin," she said. "You ... have gone and managed to get yourself pregnant."

T ` Poi
Pregnant. Elua couldn't help but blink and tilt her head. She'd....gotten...pregnant. Oh. OH. Now, she looked like a stunned waterbuck. "I...I...really? I'm pregnant? I...Blessed Elua Above, I'm not ready." She wasn't. Really, she wasn't. But...but it had happened. And she...she was the mother. So...she had to do her best...right? Oh, she wasn't ready.

Manda
Eisheth bit her lip to hold back a laugh - not wanting to upset the other. She'd been a healer even before she had left home to look for the other... so she had seen that expression any number of times. Nearly everyone was always so very stunned! It was almost ... cute. "Yes... you are. And I know you'll be just fine," she replied, moving to nuzzle at the other with a soothing little purr.

T ` Poi
Elua nuzzled her cousin back, a slight smile returning to her face. "Thank you...I...I will try to be fine." Now...who was the father. That was a good question. She'd only started feeling like this recently so...perhaps...Oh. Oh dear. Only the birth would tell if her thoughts were true or not. And if they were...well, Elua wasn't about to leave Sairin in the dark. He was a good lion. And the little one deserved to know both their parents. Or was it little ones? Elua wasn't sure. Pregnancy, she decided, was a very confusing and mysterious thing.

Manda
Eisheth purred a bit louder. "I'm sure that you will be ... and I will help help you as much as I need to," she assured the other. Some females didn't really need any help at all - other than sometimes someone to be there with them, at the time. Others had problems... but usually those were the ones that were old, or frail, or had something else already wrong with them. And Elua was none of those. Her cousin was strong and healthy, and her cubs should be, too.

T ` Poi
Elua chuckled. "Thank you so much." She was rather careful in getting up now, not wanting to risk hurting the life growing inside her. "Maybe...maybe we should go tell Leru! I'm sure she will be surprised and happy!" Yes...she was starting to look on this a little brighter...Life would be full of even more love now. And the savanna needed more love, indeed.

Manda
Eisheth laughed softly at that. "Yes, I'm sure that she will be!" she replied, gettingup to stand beside the other. She was glad that her cousin seemed happy about it now - not wanting the other to be sad.

T ` Poi
The cheetah, not wanting to keep her spirits down now that she knew things weren't dire, trotted happily, her head held high. Next target to find...Leru! Her 'mother' needed to know she was going to be a grandma! She wondered how others of the group would take it as well...

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:40 pm
User Image

-A Grand Send-Off-

Farlest Morifaerion
Finally it seemed that he had some peace in his life. Things were...less tumultuous, and certainly less lonely. Layilme had returned to his side, and though she had brought along a child not of his blood, Usiku had thus far proven himself a devoted son, eager to be a part of this family. But recently...Usiku had come to him, revealing his secret vow to reclaim his sister, wherever she might be, and if she were dead, to avenge her. Mor'faerion knew well that kind of zeal, and well...he couldn't bring himself to stop the boy, and he didn't think that Layil would object either...and now well...it was finally time to discuss suchly...and if need be, send Usiku on his way to find his lost sister.

Manda
Layilme was happier now as well - though a part of her still couldn't believe that her mate had completely forgiven her for ... all that she had failed at. It was hard to believe anyone could love her still. So every day ... was like some kind of wonderful and precious gift to her. Usiku was a constant joy, even as he got old enough to start being stubborn and defy her, now that things were more stable. But she knew... that was just the way of younglings, and didn't blame him for it.

Farlest Morifaerion
Mor'faerion approached her then, quietly, and lowering his head, he butted hers affectionately. "Hello, dearest..." The male rumbled, "We have something that needs to be discussed." Usiku had long since become 'their son' rather than simply Layil's, for Mor'faerion figured that that was how it should be, and that he would not blame the child for something he could not help, and now that Usiku was verging on adulthood...well...younglings would leave the nest whether or no their parents liked it.

Manda
Layilme purred affectionately at the other - glad, as always... that he seemed to love her, still. "Hello yourself..." she replied softly. Then blinked at him. Something to discuss? Oh no. Please don't tell her...

Swallowing nervously, she asked, "What is that..?"

Farlest Morifaerion
"It's Usiku..." Morifaer smiled faintly, nuzzling at her to assuage her fears. "He wants to go find his sister, and I'm not particularly of a mind to stop him...I understand how he feels." They all should, really, considering how long and far they had searched for their missing son. To no avail...but...it was no reason to deny the boy his quest.

Manda
Oh... that.... wasn't so bad. Layil sighed softly in relief and nodded. "I ... yes, that makes sense," she replied quietly. And maybe it was better, anyway, to leave such things to the younger generation. The past few months, they had done their best, together, to raise Usiku as their son. And she knew that he was strong.

Farlest Morifaerion
"So you won't oppose him then?" Mor'faerion seemed relieved, moving to sit beside her. "I told him to come talk to us...so that we could properly see him off. I didn't want him thinking he had to sneak away in the night...and I most certainly didn't want him to worry you." Another gentle nudge of his mate, reassuring. She still had so many doubts...and though her mistakes had hurt them...Mor'faerion loved her too much not to forgive her.

Manda
Layilme smiled at that and shook her head slightly. "If it was you or I, I imagine we would want the same thing..." she replied softly. Though she had no siblings ... she wished that she had. And she would have looked for them, if one had gone missing. She leaned on the larger male slightly, eyes lidding a bit.

Farlest Morifaerion
"Well...you at least. I have no real desire to find most of my siblings. They've all...gone back to their heritage, something I have no wish to claim as my own." Even as much as he knew it took presence in his mind. He would rather keep his family safe...than dabble with the demons. "But...had I liked any of them, or never really known them...well...I would indeed search." Green eyes flicked up as Usiku approached, the adolescent growing quickly to his full size, though still lanky, paws just a mite too large, tuft of mane proclaiming that he was almost there...almost adult.

"Mom...Dad..." He dipped his head respectfully, before turning his attention to his mother, the parent he'd loved unconditionally since the moment he'd been old enough to understand the word. "I...guess dad has told you what I want to do..." He shifted uncertainly, wanting her approval but was not quite confident that he had it.

Manda
Layilme smiled faintly at her son and nodded. Really ... she didn't deserve anyone's love. And it was something of a miracle to her that Usiku still loved her so much - after she'd more or less ignored him for most of his early life. "He has... " she said, bobbing her head toward him. "I ... can't say that I'm exactly opposed to the idea. I would also like to know... what happened to your sister," she said then, slowly.

Farlest Morifaerion
Usiku's smile was a quick one, and he bobbed his head affirmatively in return. "I'll bring her back as soon as I find her. I promise..." Padding forward, he nuzzled at his mother, and simply touched noses with his father. This was his family, the best he'd ever known...the happiest he'd ever been, and whilst he was loathe to leave it...he had a more important loyalty just now.

"May the gods be with you...I've taught you what I know." Mor'faerion had trained the other even as he himself had been trained, so even if Usiku met the demons, he'd be able to keep up with them. There was no demonic blood in Usiku's veins, but...he was strong, large for his age, a promise of great strength.

Manda
Layilme purred at her son softly and nuzzled him in return. She had watched some of those lessons with Mori, and even participated in them herself a time or three. So she knew that both of them spoke the truth. "I wish you luck... my son," she said, with a quick little smile.

Farlest Morifaerion
"Thank you...." He breathed, facing them both and drawing himself up to his full height. "I'll make you both proud." Then, throwing the seriousness of it all to the winds, he grinned, laughing softly. "I'll see you both later!" And with a turn, hindquarters bunching, he sprang forward, dashing out into the grasses, leaving a path of dust and shredded plant life behind him. He was enthusiastic now, and though it would surely dampen...he would make the best of it whilst it lasted.

Mor'faerion sighed softly, shifting to lean ever so slightly against his mate. "Well...we're back where we started from, beloved." Just the two of them.

Manda
Layil laughed at that, feeling her spirits lift at seeing her son go off into the wilds on his own - with a mission, no less. Turning to Mori, she nuzzled at him and purred softly. "Yes... we are," she replied, glancing over almost shyly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:05 am
User Image

-I Still Love You - Forever-

Farlest Morifaerion
It was but a few nights after Usiku had departed, that Mor'faerion sprung his plan. The moon was full this evening and the stars seemed particularly bright...but perhaps this was just his own anticipation that made them shine that way. He knew she was likely overthinking this...worrisome...but it would be worth it for one last time to hopefully put those fears to rest. She had accepted him in his darkest time...he could do no less for her. "Layilme...?" Calling for her, the dark lion padded quietly towards his mate.

Manda
Layilme had, indeed, been worrying. Now that Usiku was gone... she worried about seeing him again. And she worried about him finding (or not finding) his sister... and that made her think of other children lost. Then she got to worrying about... with Usiku gone, was there anything left, really, to hold her and Mori together? Sighing softly, she stared up at those same stars... then jumped just slightly at her mate's voice. "Here," she replied quietly - knowing how well she blended into things at night.

Farlest Morifaerion
He smiled warmly, coming closer to her before reaching out and nudging her shoulder. "Come, meleth...walk with me. I want to talk to you." He was careful about what tone he used, so that he did not alarm her. Though he knew she would likely worry anyway. So much did she dwell on her own failings, that there had been times Mori had despaired in making her understand how much he loved her. But not tonight. Tonight she would understand.

Manda
She smiled at hearing that word ... and got up with a little nod. "All right... " she said quietly. She was a bit worried, but his tone was reassuring. So ... maybe it would be all right. And even ... if he was just being kind before letting her go, she would be okay. She -would- be.

Farlest Morifaerion
But naturally, his intent was just the opposite. Heading out towards the small oasis that they'd stayed in this area because of...he stayed by her side, walking slowly. "You know...I always feel better at night..." He mused, giving her a sidelong glance. "Do you know why?"

Manda
Layil blinked at that, not understanding where this topic was going. But ... she matched her pace to his and tilted head. "No... why?" she asked - going along with it.

Farlest Morifaerion
"Because..." He smiled at her fondly, "Even when you weren't here...I could look at the sky...and it reminded me of you, reassuring me that you were out there somewhere...and that I would find you again." A warm, tender emotion reverberated in his words, as he recalled the hope that had been fulfilled.

Manda
Layil opened her mouth to say something, perhaps to apologize again ... but then shut it again - finding herself smiling at her mate's words. "I ... " she started, but then trailed off again - unsure what to say, really. She didn't know exactly what he was up to, but this was ... good.

Farlest Morifaerion
They were almost there, and just at that point where they could see the moon hitting the oasis, reflected in its shimmering, ripping surface. Holding out a paw, he stopped her, and came around to stand before her, shifting in expectation. "So...I brought you here...because I have something very special and important to tell you." He seemed so very proud of himself too.

Manda
She recognized where they were, from her own walks out this way ... and stopped when he held that paw out - watching him now. "What is it..?" she asked, voice soft - almost hesitant. She knew that he wasn't acting as if he didn't want her anymore. But... she couldn't help the worry that had become a part of her life over the past moths.

Farlest Morifaerion
"I, Mor'faerion, am redeclaring myself as your mate...to stand by your side, staunch protector, and gentle lover. My heart is given over to your care, to be yours eternally. I love you, Layilme, and I will never forsake you." His sincerity shone in his eyes, and his tongue flicked out to lap gently at her muzzle in a feline kiss. It was a promise that he intended to keep, a proclamation for anyone who cared to know...but especially for her. They both had their wounds...it was time to heal them together.

Manda
She blinked, mouth dropping open after a moment...and felt tears come to her eyes at his words. Gods, she didn't deserve this... didn't deserve to have anyone who loved her so. "Mori..." she half-whispered, moving to lean against him - practically burying head against his chest. "I ... I love you too. I never... want to leave you. Ever."

Farlest Morifaerion
"Nor I you..." He rested his head atop her own, eyes lidding. "Stay with me forever, Layil...I promise to do my best to make you happy." Mori valued her above anything and anyone...even his children were not so important to him as his mate was...his nearest and dearest. He could...be content this way until the end of his days.

Manda
She purred at that, pressing in closer still. Gods, she loved him so much... and he loved her too, she could see that now. No matter what... "Yes," she agreed softly. "Forever."

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Manda
Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:08 am
User Image

-Good News!-

T ` Poi
By the time they'd gotten back to the rest of the group, Elua was overjoyed and humming, with a little dance in her step. Oh...she was with cub and would soon have little ones who loved her no matter what, and she would love them no matter what! "Leru~ Leru! I've got something to tell~ you~!" The joy in her voice was unmistakable now.

Manda
Eisheth followed after the other, smiling as she watched her cousin. She loved seeing the other so happy - infinitely glad now that she'd been able to cheer her up.

Leru blinked, looking up from what she doing to eye the two of them. "What's going on?" she asked curiously - ears tilting toward the cheetah that she'd come to think of as her daughter.

T ` Poi
Elua grinned. "Well...I wasn't feeling at all well, so I went to Eisheth to see if she could figure out what was wrong." Her tail twitched about, as if her excitement couldn't be contained properly. "And I found out I wasn't sick at all!' She giggled. "Nope! I'm pregnant! I'm gonna have little ones!"

Manda
Leru blinked, and then bounded up and went to nuzzle at Elua. "That's wonderful, dear!" she said with a smile. She had noticed the other going off with a certain male a time or two lately ... but this was sooner than she'd expected.

Eisheth laughed softly and sat down to watch the two of them. "It is wonderful, isn't it?"

T ` Poi
Elua gave that curious half-purr cheetahs had as she nuzzled her 'mother'. "I wasn't expecting it...but I wouldn't change it for the world! And...and if the father is who I think it is...when the little ones are born, I'll make sure they know him too! He's a dear friend, and I think knowing his little ones might help with the loneliness he's been feeling..." Poor Sairin had seemed so lost when she first met him...

Manda
Leru purred back at that and leaned up to nibble on one of Elua's ears - something she'd done a lot when Elua was small, herself. "I don't imagine that you were," she replied, sharing a little knowing glance with Eisheth. "But I'm glad that you're happy now..."

Eisheth nodded. "And I hope that whoever your friend is, he is happy about the news as well."

T ` Poi
Elua giggled again. Ear nibbles had always tickled when she was small...and it seemed that hadn't faded any! But Elua didn't mind it at all. "I know he'll be happy." Elua just couldn't imagine Sairin the sort to not be happy about having a little one. "I'm very happy, Leru...very happy." Her voice was soft now. Life was good again.

Manda
"That's good," Leru replied with another little nibble. I hope you won't mind me fawning all over your little ones and teaching them what I know..."

Eisheth sat down near the two of them, smiling. "And of course, I'll have to fawn over them too. You know that, right, cousin?"

T ` Poi
Elua nodded happily. "Of course! I won't mind at all! After all..." She grinned now. "They deserve lots of love! More than just I and their father can give them! They'll learn there's so much to love in this world. And so many to love with them!"

Manda's Pets = DOOM

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff