Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Most pointless War in History? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+1
  +1
View Results

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:50 pm
Hmmm...you do have a point when you say we're safe from the violence here at home and don't really care, Jake, but what on earth are we accomplishing there anymore?
The death toll of American soldiers hit 4,000 yesterday. What did they die for? Certainly the Iraqi government cannot last if it doesn't develop on its own. That would be like raising a baby in an incubator and then suddenly telling it to do things itself.
The terrorist threat is quite real, but nearly all of them have taken refuge in neighboring countries and mostly in Afghanistan (actually, many of them were in Afghanistan in the first place).
In my own opinion, the greatest problem is how we pull out of the Middle East without strings attached. If we don't leave soon, we're gonna be there FOREVER.
And honestly, I don't want the death toll to reach 5 or even 6 thousand in the next few years. This war is losing merit very quickly.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:16 pm
bush jus did it 2 show he had some power  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:10 am
Shiro_Kitsune_San
In my own opinion, the greatest problem is how we pull out of the Middle East without strings attached. If we don't leave soon, we're gonna be there FOREVER.
And honestly, I don't want the death toll to reach 5 or even 6 thousand in the next few years. This war is losing merit very quickly.

I quite agree. The biggest problem is how to pull out. We have to do it soon because the death toll is rising, and Iraq needs to be able to fend for itself. But, I think we need to pull out slow enough that Iraq doesn't topple immediately.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:13 am
that would be the best option for both countries, because over all if we just left Iraq and their government got taken over by a extremist regime it would only be a mater of time before they came for this country.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:06 pm
i 4 an i  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:09 am
and well all end up blind sad  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:05 pm
my point egzactly  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:56 am
The most pointless war in my opion is would be World War I, Vietam war or the Iraq war  

Gryphon Queen I

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:19 am
maybe the last 2  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:45 am
yea the last two were pointless, but WWI could not be aboided.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:18 pm
i agree  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:34 pm
Well, couldn't you argue that ALL wars could be avoided. I mean, if people could just exist in peace, there would be no need for wars.  

Alonso Quijana

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:17 pm
that is beyond our race at the precent state it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:57 pm
that has been beyond human reach since the beginning of time.  

Jake Evermore
Crew

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:10 am
and even though it is far away, so far that we can't see it, we still know it's there and if we keep going forward, work hard, and never stop one day we may reach that promise given to us at our birth. althoug that will be beyond our generation and most likely the next.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff