Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Strictly Business (Valarauco x Zulimar) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:16 am
"Hide and seek is pretty...fun." The one corner of his mouth curled upwards into a half smirk. Like any predator, the Kalona liked a good challenge. A good hunt, per say. Of course, his version of hide and seek always ended after the first turn. For some odd reason his play mates never wanted to play again.

Oh wait.

"I can agree with that to an extent I suppose." He licked at his lip for a moment. Catching a still faint taste of blood. "One could say we've brought it on ourselves. The lessers are such breeding machines while us Kalona take our time or don't breed at all. So the younger generations don't have much outside of their own bloodlines to work with and they resort to settling with them. Or their just plain stupid. I'd like to think the latter more."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:34 am
How classic. "Hide and seek." she sounded amused, not bothering to hide it. "So you prefer to play with your food." She could empathize with that... "The difference between we kalona and the lessers is that for the most part, we take the time to make sure our foals are properly educated. That is, when we have foals, and don't kill each other first." She would fully admit... her mother was like the black widow. She killed and ate her partner, not even bothering to discover if she was with child or not.

Such was life.

"I feel it was just a lack of education on their roles that has driven those few... intermingling kalona to coupling with lessers. If we catch some of the halfling things, or parentless kalona foals before they are improperly educated, then I believe we could make something fairly acceptable out of the unfortunate situation that our race finds itself in. Save the ones who could prove useful. Cull the rest."  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:34 pm
"Playing cat and mouse can be quite thrilling if you change it up a bit." His voice almost purred as his eyes lidded heavily. Watching the reactions of his prey from the shadows as he toyed with them at every turn always pleased the stallion beyond everything.

There was just something about the smell of fear and blood pumping through an animal's veins as they fled, looking for some place to hide, that aroused his senses.

Valarauco had barely caught the last part of her little speech about education. A bit too caught up in his own thoughts once again. But his eyes soon focused and he shot a glance at the female. "And then what would you do with those half-lings? You might be able to educate them, sure. But whats to stop them from continuing this trend and spreading this disease?" His ears perked forward as an expression of disgust quickly appeared on his face and in the same second disappeared.

His walk quickened just a bit, letting himself pull ahead of her a few paces. The stallions voice came low and deep. Rumbling up from deep within his chest. "The only way to keep that from happening...is to break them."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 pm
She deliberately moved forward to stand next to the stallion and leaned in closer to him, using his own words to tease him. "Yes, cat and mouse could be quite... thrilling. I wonder, stallion, which one of us would do better as the cat."

She had noticed he wasn't paying complete attention to her on her mini-rant, and so listened with unusual patience for him to complete his own sentence. "That is where the culling comes in. If they are lucky enough to find a kalona who will partner with them for providing offspring, wonderful. If they are not, and are not willing to settle for a life of loneliness for the cause of keeping our race purer than before- or not willing to prevent the birth of further abominations to our race by slaying the products of their dalliances with lesser beings- then they may have to be culled. Or rendered sterile by force."

It was apparent that for all of her hatred of the halflings, she was quite vehement in her desire to rehabilitate them. "It is a waste to spill even a drop of kalona blood. Necessary though it may be, I would personally spend the effort required to attempt to save them in an attempt to further expand our... dissipating... ranks. More and more kalona are being found daily, many halfbreed monstrosities. However, those same halflings bring around a bit of fresh blood that could bolster our race."  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:10 pm
His glance shifted to her quickly as she caught up with his pace. "There would really only be one way to find out, now wouldn't there?" A sly smirk quickly appeared once again on his lips. Yes, perhaps a nice little game might be in order. But Valar liked to play for keeps.

An ear twitched as his smirk soon turned into a slight scowl. "You'd allow the halflings to breed with pures? Breeding a half with a pure doesn't produce pure offspring. They'd still have muddied blood." A heavy sigh passed through slightly clenched teeth as an eyebrow quirked upwards. "I'd say completely sterilize them to save the trouble." Closing his eyes for a moment, he let his ears fall back, relaxing for just a moment before both eyes and ears snapped open and forward. "Seeing as how this conversation is going, it seems as if you are more adamant about this subject and I'm futile in my attempts to sway your opinion on the matter. At least you stand up for what you believe in. No matter how insane or horrible it might be to others."

Valar's eyes danced with an almost cheerful manner as he gave a dark grin. "I'd like to see you try and convince some pure blood Kalona to have offspring with some half breed. Who knows. You might actually succeed. Maybe."

If the stallion had hands he would be rubbing his forehead by now. Zuli was too stuck on this idea of 'rehabilitation'.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 pm
Zulimar laughed, a husky noise that sounded out of place, going on the conversation they were having. "Let's save out cat and mouse game for another time. It's more fun to play when there are less places to hide."

His next words caused a delicate shudder to run down her spine. "Sterilization is too messy. All that blood, I might get a little overexcited, and just eradicate them." Her voice was dry. "As for trying to convince a purebreed to muddy their own blood... no. I'm not one to encourage the act of coupling with a lesser being. Obviously it has happened, but it's hard to ask another to do what you yourself would not be willing to."

Rehabilitation was a happy alternative to culling. It was not so hard- they would either agree to try and live a proper life, or they would die. It was, however, much like telling a two-legger who was addicted to firewater that he had to give it up, or die. Most of them would probably argue, and fight it, and in the end, the kalona would have to mow down ranks of the impure to attain their final goal. A cleansing of their race. A return to the purity of their blood.  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:23 am
"Aw, your no fun Zuli." He mock pouted. It was an odd thing. To pout. Valar rarely ever did it. It just wasn't in his nature.

"Well, there's one way to deal with the messiness of blood. Kill them in the winter time. The blood freezes faster." He hadn't necessarily tested this theory out. But it seemed like it would be something plausible. A sly grin spread across his lips as an eyebrow raised. "Then why bring up the subject of them mating and trying to strengthen the already diluted blood? Back tracking are we now that the situation has been brought onto you to do? Not willing to sully your own hands for your rehabilitation anymore, Zulimar? Tsk tsk."

His tail snaked behind him. Creating figure eights in the air. "I suppose its a good thing though. I'd hate to see what would happen if you did go that direction. With yourself of course. Others I could almost care less. The majority of them would rather go that way instead of keeping our race clean for their own satisfactions."

The stallion knew much of what he was talking about. It was hard finding Kalona females sometimes. They always seemed so spread out or were hermits. And it was much more difficult to persuade them. And if you did succeed well, you'd more than likely be running for your life in the end anyway.

God damn black widows some of them were.

He tried to keep himself out of those situations as much as he could. Which inevitably turned him into an almost hermit himself. Sure it would be nice to possibly get some offspring out of it. To strengthen their numbers. But sometimes the risk of death afterward just wasn't worth it.

Even he had a bit of cautious when it came to dealing with the opposing sex.

Which made him wonder. Was it mostly males running off and doing these things? He had never heard of any females giving into the guiles of lessor male Soquili. Perhaps that was the problem. The young males were too lazy to go in search of the females or too scared of what might happen. So they took the next best thing in their mind that would life their tails.

Huh.

If he had fingers to tap against something while he thought, the drumming sound would probably have driven Zulimar insane. Sometimes he thought too much.

"Zuli, let me ask you a question. How many female Kalona have you heard of that have given birth to half Kalona offspring? I, myself, have heard of none that I can think of. I believe our problem is mainly with the males....I'm sad to say."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:40 pm
She pouted right back at him, trying to enforce how ridiculous it was for a two-ton, toothy-mouthed, winged monster to be pouting. It was a good thing it wasn't a common occurence, that she'd noted, or there would be a swift dissolution of any friendship that had been building. If 'friendship' was a word she would acknowledge between herself and any other living being. "And by the way, it doesn't freeze faster that I've noticed. But it does occasionally melt the snow, depending on how fast you spill it out of them."

She looked away from him as he made chiding noises in her direction. "I would sully my own hands. Breeding, however, is out of the question. It's like a dog and a lion. The dog may have teeth and claws, but the lion is far superior. And they're different species." She glanced back at Valarauco slowly, watching his tail twirl in the air. "I can tell you now that unless I hit my head very, very hard, or I am quite unconscious when a lesser comes upon me, there will be no sullying of my blood."

She was silent for a few moments, until his voice dragged her back from her blank place. "Female kalona?" She thought back over all the rumors she'd heard from various sources. "Two, perhaps three, that I am aware of. Depending on what you consider kalona. It does seem to be your gender that are truly the weaker sex." She sneered at him. "However, I believe that female purebloods are considerably harder to find. I have only run across one other female. Though, I am not exactly the social butterfly."  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:06 pm
Well, at least he wasn't the only one who observed these things. Either way, Zulimar had done her homework.

"I'm not even sure any male Kalona would get near you with that kind of thinking. He might loose his...pride." He closed his eyes with a smirk. All this walking and talking. Well, it certainly was a longer conversation that he had had with anyone else. Others didn't stick around too long for after dinner talk.

Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth a few times, his eyes gave her a cold stare for a few seconds before he looked forward again. "And just what do you consider a Kalona? I know what I consider a Kalona, but please. Enlighten me upon that which you think makes a Kalona a Kalona." He wasn't all to thrilled about this appifany about his own gender. No, not quite thrilled at all. "Its only because some only tend to think with one thing and not with what they should. Of course, young ones are very impressionable. So if they see their daddy do it they're going to run off and boink whatever thinking its alright...when its not."

Valarauco gave a slight toss of his head. His flaming mane tossing about before it decided to just linger about. Different sections going this way and that. The stallion never really worried about apperances and his mane did its own thing anyway. "Well, counting you I have come across two since I came to these lands. So yes, it probably is quite true that they are harder to find." He raised an eyebrow. Not in curiosity though. "Your kidding? I thought you were popular with all the boys and girls. Were in that lovely little circle of know it all."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:23 pm
"He would lose more than his pride, Valarauco, unless he just so happened to run faster than me." And then he'd have to watch his back until the day he died- her memory was long, and she held grudges even longer. "As for what makes a kalona a kalona, well... I suppose I've been rethinking that, lately. So many kalona males are thinking with the wrong brain, that I'm starting to doubt the ones in these lands are truly... pure." Zulimar sneered in Valar's direction. "I suppose I had thought of kalona as strong, proud, intelligent. Hunters. We do not 'socialize' with the Others, but we do not have to interfere- they know their place. We do not breed with the Others, for we know ours. That was the way it used to be, among the demons of my land."

She shook her head furiously. "And yet, since coming here, I cannot see how the pure-bloods survive, huddled in the background, patiently awaiting the day when their blood too is dirtied. Letting the Others grow to massive numbers, absorbing kalona strength into their own lines and dirtying our own; Until one never knows if they are pure or impure, if they think they are kalona- but in fact, are nothing more than filth." Her voice kept getting more and more passionate as she spoke, until she spat out the last word.

Stopping, she took a deep breath. "I hardly trust myself among anyone here, for any sign of weakness in their bloodline may be dealt with... brutally."  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:39 pm
He felt a bit of electricity in the air as she spoke. The tone in her voice so vicious it made even his own hot blood boil.

"Well now, if he lost more than his pride you'd just be culling your own kind now wouldn't you?" Valarauco was no fool. Female Kalona could be just as vicious as the males when they wanted to be. And when they wanted to be was just about as common as the nose at the end of any Soquili's face.

He noticed the sneer she had shot at him, gaining one himself. The stallion did not like it when others made assumptions about him based on their own personal feelings. "I do hope you are not doubting me, Zulimar. Those who tend to doubt what they shouldn't usually find themselves in a situation that can be fatal." An ear twitched. "Perhaps it was the way of the demons of your land, but here...it is different. The younger generations have no pride in themselves."

Now he was beginning to feel that they had swapped places on the subject. And that irritated him.

"I'm not trying to defend their actions, but sometimes you need to look beyond what you know. What you have known. Things change, we might not like it, but they do. And all we can do is try and prevent it from happening over and over again." A heavy snort flaired his nostrils. "The only way pure-bloods have survived is by going into solitude to preserve what we can. We've been driven into isolation which shouldn't be happening but it is. We may out weigh them in strength, but they out weigh us in numbers." His tail snapped back and forth as he took a few steps away from her. Keeping a close eye upon her, though not turning his back.

He wasn't backing up. The conversation seemed to have gotten heated and who knew what might ensure from it all.

The stallion wasn't even going to touch that last bit of comment she had slipped in. Except for one thing. "Apparently you have a lot of trust issues, Zulimar...."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:11 pm
He stepped away from her, and it pleased her. "Numbers." She shook her head. "You have only yourselves to blame, you know. And I suppose, since I came to these lands, I too have been at fault." She snorted derisively. "You let the filthy Others overbreed themselves, and see what you get. Kalona, hiding to protect what? The blood here grows thin. The kalona that could strengthen it breed outside their race due to that hiding, and so the blood runs drier. So much prey here, and none to hunt it. Even the halflings are warped by their parents into thinking it is alright to be what they wish, and deny the heritage in their veins. Or rather, to accept the peaceful, plant-munching blood in them, and deny the taste they have for it."

It was visible that her rant was dying down, and she looked tired. "It makes me sick inside, Valarauco."  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:21 pm
"Do not lay blame where blame is not to be lain. Do not group me in with the others who call themselves Kalona but do nothing more than run that name through the mud." He took a step forward, eyes shining dangerously as his lips parted to reveal those rows of sharp teeth once again. "What choice do we have, Zulimar? Tell me! What would you have everyone of our kind do then?! Did you ever stop to think perhaps those who go into isolation are as well disgusted with what has happened? That they also fear that their own lineage would be dirtied by some off chance encounter?" The stallion lifted his head high, tail snapping more viciously through the air. "You are not the only one. You might say you are also partially to blame but I see no progress in your endevours.."

Giving a snort, he turned his head giving her a sideways glance. "All talk but no action. Just like everyone else. If it makes you so sick inside then do something about it. I've tried. And at this moment I'm at the point to where I believe our race will never come back from what it has become." His voice nearly echoed as he spoke, which partially surprised himself as he hadn't really expected it to carry so far and bounce back. But it didn't matter.

God she got him so riled up sometimes it just make him want to rip her throat out so she'd stop talking.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:36 pm
Her eyes burned with rage as she listened- patiently, she thought- to his own feelings. "KILL THEM!" Her voice came out in a yell, and she froze, unaware he'd gotten her so riled. "Fight back. Yes, they have numbers, and yes, I believe they can hurt us too. Potentially for every one we kill a dozen more will spring up as if from nowhere. Try this. Do not kill their old, their weak. Kill their young. Kill those who are breeding."

She shook her head. "I know not what to do, and it isn't my place. I didn't plan on staying here so long as I did."  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:43 pm
"That idea is nothing new." His voice had lowered now as he turned his gaze away from her. Her outburst causing his ears to go upright in an alert fashion. "But it is not as easy as it would sound. You would have to start with the foals and foals are not easily accessable with their parents around. The older, yet still young would still fight. Do not under estimate one who's life is in danger. You have to have a plan of action. Lay a trap and hope they fall into it."

He turned his back to her now. Though still kept alert to her movements. "Then why did you stay as long as you have? If it so suits you then why not just leave? Go back to your utopia you speak so highly of."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff