Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:10 am
Fianth & Remember Me Egg
With a stretch of her neck, the gold leaned down to gently touch her nose against the little blue egg. Any yellow of alarm that had whirled within her eye had resumed a soft blue-green, and her presence exuded nothing but warmth and maternal fondness. Not just for the egg, but to any Candidate still nearby.

There, there, little one. Do not fear for them, or weep for them. They are all part of a larger family now within the Weyr and will never truly be without aid, support, or love. The egg was young and innocent and would one day learn that there were many types of family histories; some happy, some sad. But the egg did not need to be told such things now... not when it was already distressed.

The Remember Me Egg seemed to wiggle close to its mother, who had settled carefully down next to it, wrapping her forelegs loosely about it. Its fear and sadness ebbed away as it considered this new idea. It still wanted a group hug but... if all it got was one from Mother then that was just as well. Instead, it sent one last little push of hope towards the three before settling down. With Rixth not far behind, the egg was content enough now that family was near.

For her part, Fianth reached out with the equivalent of a tender caress over each of the three who had remained. You are all very kind to remain near, and did no wrong. If you need a moment to compose yourself, feel free to linger; otherwise, you are welcome to continue meeting the eggs, and I might hope you each find your match among them. If not her eggs, or Rhianth's, then perhaps a future clutch. Maybe it was her maternal bliss, but they all seemed a good, sensible lot--and highly sensitive, in the case of Farinalgo. Honestly, she had half a mind to pull him under her wing.

Smerdle

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel

Teiha

Perfect Isn't Easy Egg
Oh yes, this egg had hearts, and was the best egg among the clutch, was it not? Certainly Keleres would know what it was like to be the best-of-the-best. What a charmling life to live--and what a charming Candidate! Yes, this one can stay near its egg, so long as she continues to properly fawn!
Sweet Symmetry

You've Got a Friend In Me
Oh ho! This egg is more than happy to meet Helane. There's nothing but pleasure radiating from this egg, who was pleased that once again, someone had come to it. It was a very good egg, a very friendly egg at that, and it wanted nothing more than this loud and happy girl to linger.
Revel1984

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes Egg
The egg exudes a soft and happy joy at Zelaya, and its touch is as tender as a cloud. Was Zelaya happy? Though it did not mind being in the background, the trepidation it had felt earlier had melted away... especially with such soft touches like this one could give! They could linger as long as they wished, and the egg could only hope the Candidate would be well and happy.
ShinosBee

Dementor Egg
The egg seems to shrivel at Meztli's approach. Another one. Endless hands. Endless energy. This entire affair is seemingly endless. Life might be a party, but this egg knows a party is nothing more than a gathering of empty souls and empty hearts pretending they're not really alone. Every party comes to an end, after all, and every one dies alone.
ShinosBee

Avada Kedavra Egg
The egg seems to push back and tear through Rhylune. Well, what have we have here? An amusing thing, but how much trouble is this one willing to get into? Will it give Expelliarmus Egg a bit of a shove on their way past it, perhaps? Or maybe a little stumble into it? Prove itself to this egg, and perhaps a fine reward would be in its future.
Shaddaling

You'll Be In My Heart Egg
The egg seems tired, and is more slow in its approach. It reaches out to Wren, softly, quietly, before drifting away just as quickly. Though the boy is being watched, there is a sleepiness along with its unease.
Shaddaling

Kronoseth
The large brown turns its head to regard Zamistia, before giving a soft chuff. His eyes whirl a brighter green, even as he keeps the egg securely within his grasp. The girl's sentiments are sweet. You are kind. I will let them know, and you can continue meeting the others without worry. Kronoseth loved all his eggs, and knew that the Hufflepuff Egg just needed a few moments to calm down. It was an overwhelming day for each of them, after all!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:22 am
Arcadin (on mobile weep)

Forbidden Forest would feel the reason almost as soon as its presence manifested: there was a small thrill that bundled itself with Arc’s goosebumps, an odd reaction of pleasure and adrenaline to being confronted. Pain, fear, success, glory, loss, uncertainty: all of it had long ago mixed into something distorted but comfortable to him. He thrust himself into the unknown to feel that wicked rush, to survive and surpass it—and he held the confidence in himself to find the other side.

A monster of an egg looked over him, and he found himself almost smiling. Hello, creature in the dark. What do you see?  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:57 pm
Thaliawen

You Can Fly! Egg
Oh, Shanely! She was an interesting one. What does she mean, write about it? What is write? Can it be fun? You Can Fly! wants her to do something fun! It's getting so incredibly bored!

houllow

Gryffindor Egg
Hey now, why was Haveli so subdued? Gryffindor things that Haveli should get a move on! After all, things are so terribly exciting, and look all around! How can you be so QUIET?

NovaCracker

Gryffindor Egg
Oh yes, it was having so much fun! Wasn't Siv having fun? There was so much to see and do, and while Gryffindor was getting a bit tired, it was still going to be the most AWESOME egg she would meet today, of THAT it was sure~.

baby_gwing

Auror Egg

Elyk was curious. Auror was starting to get sleepy, but it reached in to his mind, searching and trying to understand this candidate. Hello, yes. What was this one like as a person? Did Elyk have a family?

Rian-chan

Gryffindor Egg
What DIDN'T it hope to do, Hyseren? How could you not want to do things? After all, when you're as awesome as Gryffindor, you KNOW the world is waiting for you.

Dea and #Teddy#

Auror Egg
Zamistia was nice to be concerned for its sibling, and it appreciated the notion. No, Auror didn't mind her company. Auror was a more relaxed type, and there was no reason for the girl to be so upset. She should find comfort in the eggs and her fellow candidates..

Revel1984

How Far I'll Go Egg
Why keep his mind to task? Doing what you were told could be dull. Tradtions were dull! How Far I'll Go wanted to MOVE! Explore, and the baby inside seemed to be rooting around in Rokar's mind, trying to see if there were any adventures.

Prism Shine

Auror Egg
Auror just wanted to see what kind of person Nonami were. It wanted to be sure of who was touching it. This was all terribly important, so of course Auror was going to be curious, and insistent.

Friend Like Me Egg
Yes yes, hello, Cavera. This egg was proud that it was chosen for her to put her hand on, but oh, this was not about the egg. What was Cavera's heart's desire, do tell it~.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm
Siv

Oh, Siv liked this egg's attitude too. A very clever egg this one, recognizing it held the value of AWESOME, and Siv crooned approvingly, giving the egg a gentle stroke. Still, if it was tired, she wasn't going to steal much time -- no this egg was one who needed time for others, and Siv rose, stretching a bit as she moved to walk the clutch. It looked like a couple eggs just weren't holding up, and Siv felt quite bad for both -- the other clutch had an egg 'done' early too, and Siv felt absolutely bad for them, too.

Still, there were a good number of eggs to visit here and now, and it was that mentality that led Siv to walk slowly and methjodically, studying each egg thoughtfuilly. The glimmer of a pink and violet egg soon caught her eye, and Siv raised a brow, approaching and placing a hand on Felix Felices amiably.

Howdy! The candidate greeted heartily. Having a good day? Not getting overstressed I hope?

After all, maybe this egg was being overlooked by other eggs people might consider. Siv... Well Siv was herself and didn't often think overmuch if it wasn't some machine or book or similar.

Amila

Amila was startled by Rhianth, eyes widening as she looked to the gold in surprise, sniffling some as she tried (and didn't do so well at) tto stop, but she listened, silently taking in the gold's words with the respect due such a dragon as she watched, and finally, Amila nodded slowly, snuffling some as she nodded, a tremble running through her from pure crying.

"O..okay... Er..."

She shook again, still trying to compose, when Dehka startled her, the girl gasping and yelping softly when she jumped, and turned large, surprised eyes on the boy. Truthfully, she wasn't horribly social -- she didn't talk much because she was unsure if she ought to, but today clearly meant she ought to actually try to socialize more, and she swallowed, blinking as she tried forming an answer to him.

"I...I...I'd like that. Erm... I..I'm Amilas..."

And she was quick to bow politely, still wide-eed and shy before her gaze returned to Rhianth, then Dehka.

"I... I just... Want to apologize to the egg first."

The girl desperately wanted to feel Okay like touching some of the others again, and the reassurances were helping -- they were -- she just did not always calm easily. Still, though, her gaze returned to Rhianth, and she swallowed before forming words gently, making sure to try speaking loudly enough for the gold.

"M...May it be possibnle for yout..to pass my apologies to your egg? I did not mean to alarm them and I am very sorry I did so. I just... I just want them to know Ihope they feel better soon." She said, and then grabbed Dehka's hand, nodding.

Niow was a good time to meet another egg, yes. She desperately wanted to move on and try to let this day be a good one.

Tsunake

Amila very much appreciates the smol boy and is sorry she did him a concern

Mr Cheri
Replying to Rhianth

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:45 pm
Martirae

When it seemed all was good and settled with the alarmed egg, Marty took a few moments more to offer another bow to both Fianth and Rixth before she stepped away to finish her touching. There weren't many more to meet, and the conversations were simple for what they were.

Once she was content, it was off to wait until everybody finished and everybody got ushered back to normal life. Yet Fianth's well wishes mulled about in her brain more than she normally would have allowed. Would one of these be for her? She had to squash that thought of hope that the golden mother had tried to instill into her, unwilling to get her hopes up. It wasn't her choice. It was up to one of those eggs to want her. To need her.

So she tucked it away, to where it, and so many other moments, had been hidden away.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:52 pm
Hyseren
The young man's grin stretched wider as he felt the eagerness that the Gryffindor egg was responding with. Yes! A kindred spirit, that's what he felt in this dragonet. "I don't know if I am the one you will decide is meant for you but I share your zest for adventure! Even if you were to choose another I hope that we can adventure together in the future! I will look forward to your hatching bold one~" Hyseren gave a firm but mindful pat to the brightly colored egg before wandering off to the next.

His hand rested briefly on a few shells, one making him very tired, another jolting him slightly and causing him to pull his hand away quickly, others rummaging through his mind slowly, searching, before he came to the Auror egg and rested his palm firmly upon it. "Hello there, I'm Hyseren, who might you be? What is it that you wish to know, what are you looking for in your rider?" he spoke quietly, not really expecting a direct response to any of his questions but he opened his mind to the baby dragon and allowed it to explore his mind, making sure his happiest memories and goals were at the forefront.  

Rian-chan

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:34 pm
Farinalgo took several steps back as the queen settled in to embrace her egg, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. He had to wipe them a second time as she spoke to him and the others who stood ‘round the little blue egg. At her kind invitation, he remained there for a little longer, gazing up at her lovely face while he collected himself. When he was ready to move on, he reached out toward Fianth, a gesture meant not to actually touch her, but to revere her, as one might kiss the ring of a Lord. It might have looked fanciful and perhaps even a bit pretentious to anyone watching, but that small glimpse of the queen’s gentle hearts had felt the same way he imagined his blood mother’s love would have been like. That happy memory would stay with him for a long, long time.

From there, he stopped by a few more eggs before going to wait in the tiers until the candidates were excused, his mind alive with peaceful, hopeful thoughts.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:04 pm
Soui she/her - western candidate

post edited

Soui was feeling happy over the response she was getting, if not a bit....weary now. Her emotions were settling to be certain, but that crying and the panic had worn her out emotionally and physically. There were a few more eggs she needed to touch, but where did she go from here? Standing in thought, she paused and debated what else to do.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:02 pm
When the girl jumped into the air, Dehka's crouch ended up with him falling onto his behind, palms splayed onto the hot sands even as he stared with wide eyes. He hadn't meant to startle her! But she recovered quickly, and Dehka was quick to offer a smile. "I understand!" If she felt she did something wrong... well, he would have wanted to apologize too! As they drew closer to Rhianth... well, it was hard not to notice the other girl who had clearly been crying before.

Hesitating, Dehka slowly drew his way towards Soui, watching her carefully. Rhianth had been nuzzling her, but she was clearly upset, her face pale and taut with worry. "Hi," He offered quietly, knowing she was in the middle of touching an egg. "Um. Do you... do you want to maybe touch the rest of the eggs with me? I know some really nice ones that might make you feel better?"

He paused for a moment, looking her over with a tentative smile. "I know this can be really overwhelming... but... it's also really special! So, we can finish the touching together, if you'd like." Dehka's smile was awkward, but genuine. "Maybe having friends nearby helps.

novacracker

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:26 pm
Soui she/her - western candidate

Admittedly a bit surprised to have someone interrupt her thoughts, Soui turned and looked up into the face of a young man who'd apparently come to see if she was okay. Was it showing that much on her face how uncertain she was of things, how nervous she was still feeling despite the reassurances she'd just been given? The overall paleness of her face remained but she did blush a little, eyes pushing down as she debated even more what to do. She doubted that he was doing this out of some weird form of mocking pity since his tone seemed sincere and there didn't appear to be anyone in the background pushing him to do this on a dare.

So, really, what did she have to lose by saying no? "Friends?" Rather than saying yes or anything else, that was the first word she said, followed by a clearing of her throat. "I mean...I..wouldn't mind being with someone. It might help a little since I'm still...." Still ashamed, still embarrassed, and now feeling flustered. Weren't the eggs supposed to be the ones full of emotions here and not the people? "...yes, please. I would like that a lot." Soui smiled and bowed her head to the young man, unsure of who even the sands he was.

Tsunake

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:01 pm
Calla, High Reaches
Positive Trait List Perceptive, Steadfast, Loyal
Negative Trait List Guarded, Judgmental, Foolhardy

The reaction from Imperio brought a bemused smirk twitching to Calla's lips. This one felt like a co-conspirator -- a feeling she was certainly a fan of -- even as it pressed deeper. A liar? Well she may call it a keen omission of certain facts in order to achieve a greater purpose. Before the little dragonet could pry too deep, she took her hand away softly. It could pry again later, couldn't it? If they were destined?

It was stranger, perhaps more than communicating with dragonets, to observe those around her. She had seen a gold nuzzle a Candidate, had seen the looming parents comfort strangers. Did they comfort them because they knew something she didn't? Were those destined to bond with one of their dragonets? And was Calla, by not losing control of herself, somehow counting herself out? A frown found itself settled across her lips. Calla had imagined something a little more formal, less familiar. And she wasn't sure if she was disappointed, judgmental, or just -- a word she hated to even think -- a bit envious. Weren't they here to Impress? As in, to be impressive?

She wanted a lifemate, to be special and bonded as her father had been. But something in this tarnished the edges of majesty she had in her mind -- a perfect palace of dragons and riders, rising above the common ilk. Or had she been wrong and this was a clutch for love and family and softness? Did that make them stronger or more worthy to fight Thread? The girl would certainly think on this for days to come in lessons, in her bunk, in her bath. Maybe if she had been softer, less driven, more open...

But for now, she continued among the eggs. There had to be one like her, no? Certainly the odds couldn't possibly be higher, what with a double clutch on the Sands? And again, that idea... what if she wasn't enough? There was some emotional cartwheels going on, but Calla kept hers beneath the surface, face mostly impassive.

Lots of questions and introspection -- time for more Touching. Stepping around a few other candidates, Calla found herself near the green and silver striped Slytherin egg and with a slight quirk to the head, placed her hand on top it, wondering what this one might bring.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:31 pm
The soothing and comforting sensation coming from the large dragon helped reassure Shar that no one was going to be ushered off the sands. If the queen hadn’t curled her legs around Remember Me she might have spent a moment more with it to reassure it that she was fine, and that although she had never known her father she never felt less complete because of it. The egg’s mother was far more comforting than she could be at this point in time though, so with a deep bow towards Fianth she decided to move on.

“Thank you for the support, Queen Fianth. I’ll leave the comforting to you and yours.” Moving away slowly and respectfully, Shar turned her attention to a bright egg that she could tell was incredibly smug before she even touched its shell. With her hand pressed against Friends on the Other Side, she pressed a curiosity-wrapped warm thought to the baby within.

“And what’s got you feeling so good?”  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:46 am
Zamistia (Her)

Zamistia saw the brown father looking at her with bright green eyes, knowing he was not upset with her for saying something to him. She bowed her head softly to him in thanks and with a mental 'thank you', glad he had replied back to her about her request. She never would have imagined she would have had an interaction with two fathers to the clutches and both turned out quite well. Her attention was drawn back to Auror, as it expressed its approval of her looking out for its sibling. She was also relieved to know it didn't mind her company and was relaxed, that set her mind at ease about disturbing it at all. Thinking about its words, she gave a nod of her head.

Thank you...I appreciate it. I will do...my best to..try and find...comfort in all...of you and..my fellow candidates. I will keep..an eye out..for you when...you hatch,she assured with a soft smile. She gave the egg a gentle caress, before taking her hand off. She could imagine the eggs were getting tired, but maybe she had time for one more. So she carefully made her way over to the white Expecto Patronum egg and placed a soft hand on its shell.

I know you...all are probably...getting tired..but I wanted..to come say hello. I do..hope you are..well over here,she thought to the baby inside.

Uta
For Kronoseth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 am
Karone grinned as Perfect Isn't Easy sent its thoughts, “speaking” almost as if it couldn't decide whether it was trying to praise or insult him. It was definitely sure of its self-praise, however. Something about it faintly reminded him of Zenobiath when he'd met her as an egg. Though she took little notice of him once hatched, thinking of that meeting would always make him smile. You are perfect. Absolutely perfect. You are exactly what you should be, and exactly what your rider wants and needs with all of their heart.

Faranth, how good it felt to give someone else a kind word instead of being the subject of pity himself! He very much appreciated the kindness, but he preferred to not be reminded of his problems just when he'd finally managed to shut them out for a short while. This seemed like an ideal time to end his part in the Touching on a high note, so he gave the egg a fond parting pat and excused himself to the stands.  

Teiha

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:57 pm
Dehka looked entirely relieved when the girl agreed, smiling a bit more naturally. "Great! My name's Dehka. Um. It's nice to meet you! It's right over here." He reached out as though he was going to take her hand, flushed, and then hastily dropped his own. "R-Right here," He stuttered, and carefully moved through Rhianth's clutch, back towards Fianth... back towards the egg he'd started with.

"Um. This one made me feel really nice... and I bet it will like you, too." He glanced at her a bit shyly, then back at the shell of Go The Distance. Hopefully she'd have as nice of an encounter as he had? He tentatively let his hand rest on the shell again, sending cheerful thoughts towards the egg.

houllow
here we goooo

Novacracker
Sorry to skip, just trying to get one last egg in! Please assume Dehka invited Amila to come along!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff