Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Duplexes
[Journal] Duplex #1 - Ambrose Maurlias & Angelina Swanson Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:04 pm
After a perfectly charming (and rather hearty) breakfast with Emelyn, Ambrose excused himself to go finishing his morning ritual. He felt bad not having showered or brushed his teeth, and set off to remedy that.

He stopped by the laundry room, pleased to see that some kind soul had switched over his laundry from the washer where he had left it to the dryer, and he gathered it up in his duffelbag to carry back to his duplex.

Once there, he put things away, and then sought out a much-needed shower, humming to himself all the while. Ambrose hadn't been in this high of spirits since... well... at least since his second change, and perhaps a good deal longer. But still, even as happy as he was with her, and as much as he liked her, he couldn't shake that feeling... that he hadn't waited long enough... that he owed it to Angelina to hold out hope... even though every sign pointed to the futility of that. But nevertheless, Ambrose pondered... while he might grow to truly love Emelyn.... he would always Love Angelina.

He brushed his teeth, and got dressed in a clean set of khakis and polo shirt - now thankfully smelling of laundry detergent as opposed to sweat, and went to lay back on his bed, feeling clean and comfortable. His eyes found their way to the portrait on his bedside table. A reminder of.... before.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:00 pm
Angelina watched Sabin drive away and she took a few minutes to give the little village a look-over. How odd.. it looked like a mix between an apartment complex and a boyscout camp. There was a large building towards the center, and in the distance she could see the shoreline. A few people were walking on there, though they were too far away to make anything out.

Her heart was pounding in her chest, she turned around and knocked on the door.

Angelina Swanson

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:06 pm
Ambrose had settled down to finally get around to finishing the last Harry Potter book. He had been reading it off and on during his stay here, but, ironically, given all the drama and issues, Ambrose had actually had relatively little time to actually sit and read for entertainment's sake.

He looked up suddenly, however, at the knock at the door. Smiling ruefully, he put the bookmark back into the book about 45 pages from the end, and set it on the dresser as he got up and wandered towards the door.

He had long ago stopped asking "who is it" when he had come to accept that one of the few perks to being on this Island is that he knew most of his neighbors on a friendly basis.

Imagining that it was probably Emelyn or Vasile, perhaps Amaya - the few people that actually would come by to find him since The Dude and Greer had become an item - he turned the knob with a benign smile.
that was immediatly droped from his face in a slack-jawed gape when someone completly unexpected stood on the other side. Someone whom Ambrose had finally resolved that he would never see again save in a photograph that sat reverently on his bedside table. All the people who he had been wondering if it might be... the thoughts of the night before with Emelyn were wiped from his active thoughts as if with an eraser as shock struck him like a lightning bolt.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:13 pm
Angelina heard the shuffle of someone getting up to come to the door. She shifted the bad on her shoulder and stood up straigher, an excited smile breaking across her face.

Her breath caught in her throat as the door began to open. But the .. thing that stood behind it took her completely off-gaurd.

"Oh!" was the surprised sound that escpaed her gaping mouth. It was a mix between a cry of unexpectedness - then of fear - then trying to cover the fact that maybe it was someone horribly disfigured from the island's disease.

She stumbled back instinctively, her mind trying to wrap around what she was seeing. She had the urge to turn and shuffle off quickly, but at the same time an urge to stare and the ... animal?

But then something very disturbing hit her. The clothes.. the height, the hair.. the eyes and the way he carried himself.

"A..aa...Ambrose?" she finally sputtered out, her eyes widening to suacers.

Angelina Swanson

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:21 pm
The clean shock of Ambrose's mind was quickly replaced by a jumble of emotions as time, unforuntately, was not standing still as he would have preferred it to to allow him to properly articulate to himself what was going on.

All at once, it seemed to him, Angelina was backpedaling with start and Ambrose felt his stomach lurching downwards through his body in a worse bout of self-consciousness and freakishness than even Jamal's or Hargun's reactions to him.

Then... beyond all liklihoods.... she recognized him. With a fear in her voice, that filled his nose like a poison, she squeaked his name.

Ambrose felt his eyes stinging, and then moisture spilling down his cheeks. "Angelina...? M.... My God.... is that really you?"

He couldn't bring himself to move to her - to taint her with his deformity. At once, a thousand questions surged into his mind. Was this real? How did she get here? Was he dreaming? Was this some sort of cruel joke? How? Howhowhowhowhow?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:29 pm
Tears were already spilling over her cheeks from the weight of it all, causing her mascera to run making little trails of dark rivers down her face.

"Ambrose, my god.. what have the done to you!" She dropped her bag to floor and rushed headlong into him, buying her face in his shirt. "They said you were okay! They said you were healthy" were her muffled screams into him. "How could do they DO THIS..what have the done.. they lied, they lied to me.. .they lied to me this whole time." Her hot tears shoaked quickly though his newly washed shirt (sowwy) and she balled her hands into fists at his chest.

Angelina Swanson

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:35 pm
Ambrose's misgivings were dismissed as she ran to him. His arms were immediately around her, clutching her to him, and breathing in her familiar scent. His chest was heaving as memories flooded over him along with her smell. The feel of her against him... it was all so vivid and overpowering. His heart ached and there was nothing else he wanted to do except hold her.

"Angelina... my God... it really is you" He sobbed into the top of her head. "They... they .." where to start?? He was hardly thinking rationally at the moment. "They tricked me... tricked all of us... lied... experimented on us... still are.." He choked out. "Transforming us. Said if we escaped... cancer.." He tried to catch his breath, biting the inside of his cheek - hoping the flare of pain would give him the cognizance to speak clearly and not break down in front of her. "My god... Angelina..." he repeated again. "You... how did you get here?? How on Earth did you find me!?" Then... click. "You... you shouldn't be here!" He realized with a start, fear edging into his voice as suddenly the reality of the situation crashing in around him with the cognizance that he had wanted so badly. His eyes widened as his brain was putting two and two together. She... she would be trapped here as well. Changed. Damning them both here. "  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:42 pm
Angelina pulled back to look up into his eyes, and studing his face closer. His eyes were still the same, but his face.. so alien. Covered in fur and his muzzle protruding slightly. What the hell are they trying to do...?

"Ex..experimenting on you...my god, but.. how? Why? I mean.. Ambrose, I promise I'll het you out of here! I promise!"

He kept stuttering out things, and Angelina tried to take it all in, though she was only getting bits and peices of it.

"I got here.. Feral Labs sent me here. Paid me a settlement to not to go to the press... but only if I could see you... I thought you were dead Ambrose! You never called.. you just ... you never called," she crumbled into a fit of sobs, the horrid memories of having to indentify almost every John Doe from Florida to New York.

Then he said it. She shouldn't be here? She looked back up at him. "What do you mean! It took me forever to get here! To find you!"

Angelina Swanson

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:48 pm
Ambrose tried to suppress the sobs, wanting more than anything to be able to just give her the information without having to say it all. He squeezed her against him again for a moment before closing the door and trying to pull her over towards the bed to sit.

"Please... let me try to explain." He whimpered. "I... my God, Angelina..." He repeated again, no other words seeming to be able to force their way to his lips despite what all needed to be said.

"You... you don't understand... This... They're trying to do this... this isn't some sort of mistake... you won't be able to get me out of here... as much as I wish you could...." A canine whimper was working its way into his voice as he spoke. "There's no way they're going to let you go knowing what you know now, either!" He explained. "They're goign to trap you here... just as they did with me and everyone else who's found their way here. I wish I could have called! I sent you a dozen letters... but I'm pretty certain they never mailed any of them... "  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:50 pm
"What do you mean they won't let me go!" she squeaked, half sitting, half falling to the bed. "My flight is sceduled to leave next week. They bought my plane ticket and everything! They...they... t hey..." she was hiccuping now, trying to swallow the sobs.

She took a deep breath, then the obvious good news hit her. "They have a vaccine!" she exclaimed. "They... they just don't know how to fix you yet.. thats all..."

Angelina Swanson

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:54 pm
His ears drooped, and his face crinkled in sadness at her optimism. The same optimism he had seen shattered time after time. Another point jabbed itself in Ambrose's mind... but he couldn't bring himself to tell her that .... not yet...

"If there's an antidote, then they're lying about having it... not that I would put it past them" Ambrose whispered. "This is all.... highly experimental to say the least.... they're altering our DNA - merging it with an animal's. I don't know how they could just... get rid of it. But then I don't know how in the hell any of this is possible." He shook his head. "But ... you don't understand. If you're here, then they're not going to let you leave. There was a woman... just the other day... who ran ashore here on her yaht. And now she's trapped here with the rest of us."

He held her to him again, wanting to feel her against him again. Let him know that this wasn't some bizarre dream. He was so glad to see her.... so happy... but... on the same hand - he felt so guilty. He didn't want this for her - he wanted her to be happy... free - able to make a life for herself out there. He had told himself that that was at least the last silver lining of him being split away from her.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:57 pm
Angelina leaned into him, trying to put her thoughts in order. "But Amrbose.. thats.. thats just science fiction.. " she lightly, experimentally, ran her fingers through the soft fur on her face, letting her nails glide gently over his hot skin underneith. "I'm going to go home in a week.. and I'll tell people! I don't care what papers they made me sign - i don't care if I go to jail. I want you home.. they can't keep you h ere like this! There are doctors back home.. they'll help you..."  

Angelina Swanson

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:03 pm
"Precisely!" Ambrose insisted... hating to see the hurt on her face, and wishing that there were some way to focus on something else... "They know you would... given the circumstances. That's exactly why they're not going to let you go. I... I don't know how you managed to let thim bring you here... but whatever they made you sign or give you to keep your mouth quiet was probably just a smokescreen to get you here quietly. We're on an Island... somewhere - I don't even know where - in the Bermuda Triangle. It IS science fiction." He put his hand over hers on his face, letting her feel the fur... the cold, wet nose. "And I wish to God that this weren't real. I've begged, pleaded, everything for them to let me go home to you. To stop the experiments before it got this bad. They told me that this is highly experimental gene therapy... that... my DNA is in a violatle stage and without the ..." He swallowed... "completion... that I would probably develop cancer throughout my body... and die..."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:05 pm
Angelina just shook her head, not understanding what she was hearing. "no..what? Completion? Completion to what Ambrose? What are they doing? Why would they do this? Why bring me here?"  

Angelina Swanson

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:08 pm
A scared look passed over his face. "To... I ... I don't know exactly. They said that THEY don't know either. More .... more animalistic, though." He whispered. "They said that they think that we'll still be able to speak... to use our hands... stand up..." He shuddered. "I don't know why they're doing this... they said for... medical benefits... to understand how DNA works... but I don't buy it. I ... I think that the owner... Moreau... is crazy... Mad Scientist literally." He looked back to her, meeting her eyes. "How did you come here...? I... I never thought I'd see you again!"  
The Duplexes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games