Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[RESOURCE] Management Q&A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verithe

Hygienic Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:52 pm
So I know that the people inhabiting (past life) homeworlds need to be human-shaped, but do they always need to be human-shaped? Could they have been shape-shifters (like the cats from Mau or the crows from Coronis), provided any non-Mauvian character reincarnated from such a world be only human in the modern day?

Could a homeworld have humanoid and non-humanoid sapient inhabitants, provided any senshi/knights from those worlds are always humanoid?

Ancestors should be overall humanoid, though they can have animal or fantasy like features (such as a tail, or different skin color). Homeworlds can be very similar to earth, so you can populate your worlds with many creatures! Like on earth, these other species should generally not be as developed as the dominant race, however can still be fairly intelligent (like monkeys or dolphins!). Shape shifting, however, is limited to the Mauvians, sorry!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:38 pm
Daekie
I believe this was answered a long time ago, but I don't recall as BP and the Zodiac stuff was years ago -- do Zodiac Soldiers have an aura between Super and Eternal as far as power level goes, or are they simply equivalent to Eternal?

I know this one! (SLAM DUNKS IN AS LOCAL ZODIAC AUTHORITY)

While original plans for the Zodiacs, IIRC, involved Zodiac Soldiers being a rank between Eternal and Princess, later staff decisions retconned Zodiac Soldiers as being equivalent to Eternals but with a different (but still Order aligned) feel. Zodiac Sailors (the first stage) feel like they're between Super and Eternal, while Princess Chronos (who has a special Princess rank) feels like an Eternal

soooo tl;dr:
Zodiac 1st stage = between Super/Eternal
Zodiac 2nd stage = Eternal, but different
Chronos = "Princess senshi" stage, feels like an Eternal but different

This is because the Great Crystal they draw from is the Opal, and also because their homeworlds are all largely destroyed :'D

(zips out)  

shibrogane

Stellar Lightbringer

The Space Cauldron

Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:08 pm
shibrogane
I know this one! (SLAM DUNKS IN AS LOCAL ZODIAC AUTHORITY)

While original plans for the Zodiacs, IIRC, involved Zodiac Soldiers being a rank between Eternal and Princess, later staff decisions retconned Zodiac Soldiers as being equivalent to Eternals but with a different (but still Order aligned) feel. Zodiac Sailors (the first stage) feel like they're between Super and Eternal, while Princess Chronos (who has a special Princess rank) feels like an Eternal

soooo tl;dr:
Zodiac 1st stage = between Super/Eternal
Zodiac 2nd stage = Eternal, but different
Chronos = "Princess senshi" stage, feels like an Eternal but different

This is because the Great Crystal they draw from is the Opal, and also because their homeworlds are all largely destroyed :'D

(zips out)

As a general reminder:

While you may feel you know the answer, please respect the fact that this is Management Q&A and is meant to be a resource for players to speak to the moderator staff. If you are not a member of moderator staff, you should not attempt to answer any questions posted here. Your information may be outated and inaccurate, and only the shop can provide an answer for the current rules of gameplay.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:30 pm
If I wanted to have my Power Character's Journal redone:

1. Would I be allowed?

2. How would I do it?

3. Can I have someone do it? Do I need to pay them?

You are welcome edit the formatting of your journal as you see fit, such as by giving additional information, an art post, an RP log, etc., but any content editing to the profile (the form you submitted for crit/stamping) will need to be posted for a revision and cannot be edited without staff approval.

If you would like to ask for help in setting up a journal, you can reach out to others (either in the OOC subforum in the guild or the main thread) and others may be willing to help!

Sailor Hawk

Omnipresent Star

10,175 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:52 pm
What exactly are the rules for handwaving awakenings? Can you simply say "a miscellaneous Guardian Cat/General awoke my senshi/Negaverse agent" and be done with it, or simply just treat things as after-the-fact and make no reference to the possible awakeners at all? Likewise, for starting Corrupt senshi, can Laurelite be assumed to have been there and done the deed (with or without staff approval)?

An awakening can be hand waved as long as said general/cat/etc is not credited to a player named character (unless you have player permission). If you are using a disposable character, you may name them using our disposable rules. Handwaved awakenings are usually significantly more vague than roleplayed ones, especially in the case of Laurelite. You may aboslutely handwave that Laurelite corrupted your character, however there should be no specifics to the events that took place outside of the fact she was who awoke them. Any more detail must submitted to staff beforehand for approval.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:26 am
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have been working with pixel templates for 10 years now, and I'm told I'm pretty good, in fact, I've been told I can go no farther with the Paint Program. I absolutely love looking at the Templated Art work here and would love to 1. Work with Sailor Moon Fan Art (One of my favorite Shows - I'm up to season 5 on hulu (Sailor Stars) and Season 2 on Crystal on Hulu, I've also started reading the Manga), and 2, improve my craft. I've downloaded Gimp 2 which seems to be a different brand of Photoshop (and free and works with templates). However, when I try to use it, I'm at a total loss with the controls; they're nothing like paint. I believe if someone could take some time to guide me a little, I could do very well with it.

But would you consider taking a trainee Artist?

Thank you for your interest, however many of our artists are very busy trying to meet the demands of the shop so we cannot volunteer any of them on behalf of the shop. If you are interested in applying as an artist for the shop, This thread has useful information in doing so, and some templates you can practice with!

You can try asking in the main thread or the OOC subforum for pointers or help using the program or improving, but it might also help to review tutorials dedicated to what you want to learn most! Youtube and DeviantArt are great places to start, and there are many websites dedicated to helping out other artists!

Sailor Hawk

Omnipresent Star

10,175 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:02 pm
If a Negaverse Lt/Captain/General purifies into a Page/Squire/Knight what happens to the medals that they have earned? Do they just disappear? Are the medals tangible to a powered-down officer or are they only something that can be accessed while in uniform?

The medals given out by the Negaverse are not necessarily of magical background; they are accessories meant to be rewards that are handed out. Because these are a natural part of the uniform , they may stay after a side swap (as long as they weren't being worn at the time!). If the medals were worn at the time of purification, they will disappear with the rest of the Negaverse Uniform. If the medals were being stored somewhere or were just not attached to the uniform, they can remain even after purification.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:12 pm
To tag onto previous question to clarify-
Players cannot have a character that is on a national level of famous or in a position where they would be unable to escape heightened media scrutiny without suffering some ICC correct?

IE-
Marlo and Elzo are co-CEOs of their company, however Elzo fosters nearly ALL his work onto Marlo, leaving him free to do quite a bit while still catching flack via paparazzi time to time for his lifestyle. Meanwhile Marlo can hardly ever power up or spare any time DUE to the fact he is working as a full time CEO b/c of the work being fostered off onto him. In both cases however, their position of power/jobs does require them to have basic logical limits in what they're able to do. This, while on the far end of the spectrum, is acceptable if only because its played with the ICC.

But if I had someone as a A list movie star/celeb, a national/international political figure. a national sports competitor, (basically, someone who would have/be required to train on a daily, highly regimented basis and or combined with an OVERLY attentive media scrutiny), I can't just write it off without doing those ICC.

What is considered 'okay' limits for characters, and what is a minimum requirement for ICC? To what extent does it effect each faction- as the negaverse has a much stricter energy gathering/starseed gathering policy where as others are less regimented but typically have a 'demand' in the way of 'your planet/wonder/mirror so thirsty for yo acshuns', is there a rule or policy in place for those who want their characters to obtain those positions and if not, does the ICC apply or no?

What requires ICC/what does not?

edit- AND FOR FULL DISCLOSURE SO ITS CLEAR- This is NOT for quested characters but rather established characters; as quested characters can't be anything where they'd be national or highly known figures. That's been standard, this is just in relation to characters who rise to those levels.

Generally, a character would not be allowed if they have a national/international level of fame or could walk into a building and easily be recognized by the general public. A character of the level of a C Class celebrity could be considered, as could a former child star or pop star from another country that does not have the same level of fame in the USA. In the frame of a CEO, they should not be CEOs of extremely high profile companies that are under constant scrutiny and could not believably conceal their powered activities.

Being in the public spotlight would affect character playability due to the constant scrutiny of the public and the media watching them. Though some branches of the Negaverse (such as Infiltration) might encourage people to take on such public roles due to the influential people in power, it is unlikely they would immediately try to corrupt someone already in that position. It would have to be a role they grew into once they were capable of handling the physical and mental strain that came with those double lives!

While there may be some exceptions if there is good reason/planning to remove, the general idea is that if the person could walk into the room and be easily recognized by the public of Destiny City, it may be too difficult to maintain a powered life while concealing such a public civilian identity.

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:28 pm
i have a few unrelated questions!

the knight ring upgrade lets people speak into the ring to call out an sos. does the ring have to be on the body for this? if so, and the ring finger was severed, would the call still complete? how far away from the face must the ring be for vocal use?

will powered-down negaverse agents of captain's rank and higher get attacked by youma?

can generals control the type of youma they can summon (feral, humanoid)? what about more specifically (hawk youma, flower youma)?

The ring will function of to the distance a cell phone would away from a person. The farther away the ring is, the more muffled the voice will become. A knight's ring should be worn to function, however if a finger is severed while the ring is still attached it may still have limited function (such as continuing a call, but not making a new one) until the knight in question puts it back on. The ring can be worn on any of the knight's fingers.

While in civilian form, anyone can be attacked by a youma. Unless they power up in front of a youma, they are considered just another human. Should they power up, the youma would realize they are not viable prey and leave them alone. Chances are the youma may not remember the civilian/powered combo in the future.

A General can summon a Specific youma if the youma and the general have some sort of relationship. The general has to know the youma exists to attempt to focus on summoning it at a later date. However, that does not guarantee a general will get the youma it wants. Summoning youma works as a general radar. Whatever is around will come. While they may not be able to summon a herd or flock of youma of a specific kind without knowing they exist, they may be able to summon a few to fit their needs (unless they have a special bond/have interacted before). Only General Kings/Queens can summon large numbers of specific types of youma as it requires more power and concentration than Generals have.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:58 pm
"Proposition:
Physical changes
Because of their subjugation of their modern individuality to the throne of their power, one eye of an Enlightened changes- the Iris/pupil of that eye becomes the primary colour of their fuku design and that sclera becomes the secondary colour. Likewise, a streak of each colour becomes apparent in their hair."

"Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:05 pm
The Space Cauldron :
Unfortunately after some discussion we are going to have to turn down the request for any change in eye-color, as eye color changes have been previously associated with the presence of another soul. "

Trancendence is a direct effect on the soul/starseed, via the connection, of an Order character to their power source. In the write up it describes this as physically manifesting in glowing lines on the skin that can be as much, little, and in what shaping determined by individual characters. Likewise, Half-Youmafication is a soul/starseed effecting state with an individualized choice of features on the body - limbs, scales, fur, tails, wings, horns, etc.

Lately we've seen the release of a few half youma with eye-based changes (Carnotite and Cinnabar). In the one case it is a complete single color with glow, in the other a sclera color change like to the Metallia-posession of Howlite.

Since this is being allowed for chaos players, can transcended players now play or request their characters have glow effects/color from their transcendence in the sclera as a likewise show of their starseed/soul connection to their planet/wonder?

Youma and half-youma do not necessarily abide by the rules of human characters. Because a monster is being introduced, the body typically undergoes changes that a human might not. If an officer consumes too many starseeds, their starseed is gradually being destroyed and they are reducing themselves into a monster that takes on non-human characteristics (such as extra limbs, scales, talons, odd skin coloring, etc.) that would not be permissible on normal civilians or powered characters.

In the event a youma and human are merging, the color change of the sclera/eyes can occur because there is now an imposing soul within the body. The fragmented starseed of the youma merges with the starseed and body of the agent. As the agent is reduced to a youma/half-youma, they lose some of their humanity and take on a more monstrous appearance. In this case, the eyes can also take on non-human properties.

Transcendence does not change the soul or body of the being in question. It is a strengthening of the connection that has existed since awakening. Transcendence markings may reach the eyes but the sclera/eyes will not be recolored.

Ivynian

Cat

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:34 pm
With Corrupt Senshi that do not know their true Senshi name, only their mineral one, would their henshin phrases differ from normal?

Their henshin phrases would differ only slightly! For a Corrupt Senshi who only has their Mineral name, their henshin phrase would be altered by replacing the Planet/Star/Space Body name with that of their mineral.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:22 pm
Quote:
Can I use my tokens to save up and buy a friend something?
Yes! If you would like to use your tokens to purchase a friend something without transferring tokens, all you have to do is post the 'I am redeeming my crown tokens' form with the appropriate information. Please make sure to get consent from the player you are making a purchase for prior to posting! Though you may be trying to do something nice for someone, you do need their consent (and will need to include that you have their permission when you post the code to claim!)

I ask primarily in the case of ever wanting to buy someone a gift, I'd rather be the one put on cooldown rather than the person I'm trying to gift to. How do the cool downs work for gifts bought with crown tokens for another user in these two instances (who is put on cooldown):

1- Player Hufflepuff transfers their 5 tokens to Player Ravenclaw so that Ravenclaw can buy an alt civ.

2- Player Hufflepuff gets permission from Player Ravenclaw and puts it in their post and buys the alt civ for Ravenclaws character.

Regardless of who purchases the character, the player who is receiving the character will be the one to go onto cooldown. In either situation, if they purchase the character with credits gifted to them or if someone else purchases it for them, only the owner of the newly claimed character goes on cooldown. No one else can substitute a cooldown for someone else.This is done to prevent a single player from acquiring a large number of new characters at a single time.  

Ivynian

Cat

Ivynian

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:18 pm
"And would touching one specific glyph make the transport go there? Or is it some other process? There's 12 glyphs, one each to the signs of the western zodiac. There must be some way to go to a specific outpost? Or what of getting to a knight's post? How would I use this charm to visit 'Celsus', for instance? Transport made on purpose for war is rarely imprecise- if it was, it would be phased out or improved. The Roman roads across all their empire prove that well enough. "

For Moon Visits, Surrounding Visits, and Homeworld visits, is there a specific way a senshi or knight can control where they arrive at in the desired location?

For the Moon, via the pearl charms, there's no glyphs to manually indicate a space desired. So is it just random, or could they control it via focusing/thinking like "I want to appear in the west antechamber"

For the Surrounding, there are the 12 glyphs corresponding to the zodiac outposts that could be touched. Or is it likewise just focus/thinking (since there aren't glyphs for Chronos Knight wonders which could be specifically desired to be traveled to whether or not the person could enter since they need permission to do more than walk the rainbow road)

And likewise to Homeworld/Wonders as to the Moon- there's no glyphs at all to possibly be the conduit focus of intention.

Or is it entirely random with no particular controls for any of the above!

In some instances, landing point can be determined by the character, however some locations have very specific arrival points that cannot be altered. For example, the Moon and Surrounding have specific access points.

Moon: If using the Pearl, they will always appear in the same Courtyard.

Surrounding: If using a passport, there are several access points you can land at, depending on which Glyph is selected.

Homeworlds/Wonders: At first, the point of arrival will remain the same. As the bond with the planet/wonder grows (through rank, length of time connected with location, transcendence, or approved plot), they could shift the location of arrival for themselves. However, it would not be a pinpoint arrival should they alter where they wish to go. IE: Character x wishes to land in the gardens. Upon teleporting, she does land there but could be anywhere in the garden.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:33 pm
What would happen if a Knight was corrupted at their wonder? Would this result in something similar to Ascendance?

Also: if a character loses their civilian memories during a sideswap, if they were to see pictures of their old civilian self, would they recognize that person? Would there be any deja vu?

Should a Knight be corrupted on their Wonder, they, and anyone accompanying them, would be immediately expelled from the wonder with no ability to return. The wonder would not be otherwise affected by the knight becoming an agent.

A character who lost their civi side of memories might have a vague recollection that they could know the person in the photo but it is more like déjà vu. There would be no concrete memories.

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:51 am
can negaverse agents interact with the starseed of a chibi senshi? i know that they are incorruptible, but i think their starseeds can still be touched if they are not transcended, yes?  
♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games