Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:12 pm
Wolfe Garm

Ebony shook her head as she looked around the cave as well, following his eyes as she took in the condition of the cave system she now lived in alone. She shook her head slightly as she kept looking around, "Mine cannot be healed but by taking another Mate. The b*****d died when he killed Lao and our children. My injuries are from that fight. They're harder to heal because they were inflicted by one of the Ancient Primal Dragons," she explained simply, wondering if he would know what she was even talking about.

The Ancient Primals were the First Brood, all birthed of the Brood Mother, the very first Dragon. Those of the First Brood were all pure elementals. Lao had been Earth, for example; one of the main reasons that he'd frequently been mistaken for a mountain and had even been referred to as the Mountain God. One people's god was another's monster...

But it also meant that Lao's own brother had killed him and the children that she'd mentioned, their first brood, and had injured Ebony badly during the fight. How or why she'd survived at all was a miracle by itself...

She noted where simple cleaning was needed and where actual repairs would have to be done. After another moment, she finally focused her chartreuse eyes on Jarmore again, "You can come by again in a day or two, I'm thinking of making fish," she stated simply then gave him a regal nod of her head and headed further into the complex of caves that made up her home. The invitation to return was her way of thanking him for the assistance with her wounds.

And a way of having someone around to talk to on occasion...

Maybe her cooking would entice him back, if nothing else...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:20 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
  • Titania tried to draw in deep breaths to calm her racing heart but only thing she could manage was shallow gasps. Her body quivered from exhaustion of trying to force her dragon form and it took all her remaining strength to not collapse on the floor. Panic was still trying to eat at her mind while darkness danced on her peripherals but a warm touch, followed by calming energy had both the panic and darkness receding. After a few moments, tears welled up in her eyes, but the dragoness refused to let them fall.

Within a few moments, Titania’s breathing calmed down and she was able to raise her head to meet Zylrias’s gaze. “I’m sorry.” She croaked out, her voice still scratchy from all the smoke still seeping out her nose and mouth. But at least her skin was no longer steaming, even if it was still damp with sweat. With another large inhale, the copper-haired woman tried to pick herself off the floor, but her knees started shaking and she feared she would collapse again, but Zylrias managed to scoop her up into his arms before that could happen.

Letting out a small squeak, she quickly wrapped her hands around his strong neck, a pink flush taking over her body at their closeness. “Oh, thank you. But given a few more minutes, I probably could have managed.” She said, embarrassment coloring her voice. It wasn’t that she minded his help, but she didn’t want to appear helpless and weak either and that’s all she had been since she met this male and his daughter. Not to mention, it felt weird to have another’s hands on her. Hands that held her with gentleness and not cruelty. Looking around them as they walked further down his hall, she furrowed her brows as she realized that he was taking her back to her room. “Are we done already? If you give me a bit, I can try again. I already feel better with the energy you gave me moments ago.”

• ωɦε૨ε: Zylrias Home
    ฬเtђ: Zylrias
    мσσ∂: Embarrassed
    ωεα૨เɳɠ: XxX

Wolfe Garm

MzDuchess

Cunning Fatcat

Red Gypsy
    Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:19 pm
    Wolfe Garm

Two days later found Ebony flying out over the river, her chartreuse eyes on the water as she aimed for a few fish to catch. She'd already caught quite a few and stored them up at her Aerie for cooking later, but something had her going for a few more.

Maybe that was why she didn't see them...

Someone had noticed that Jarmore had come and gone unscathed and assumed that she was no longer a threat. Well, maybe that was the thought...

Either way, three of them came at her at once. She managed to dodge the two that came at her from the sides, causing them to crash into each other. But she missed the last one that came at her from above. He latched onto her back and bit at her neck, thinking to take her to ground and claim her.

Her roar of outrage and pain could be heard all across the mountain chain as she settled into a glide at first, then dove for the ground. She actually threw them into a shadow and they effectively disappeared for a few moments. The other two untangled themselves and tried to find her, turning circles in the air as they searched.

She finally reappeared above them, coming out of the shadow on the bottom of a cloud. She dropped the one that had gotten her back onto the first one, number three was shredded from his belly to his neck and landed into number one with a sickening crunch that dropped them both to the ground. She narrowed her eyes on the second one and turned up on her tail before twisting in the air and diving for the idiot.

He didn't stand a chance... She landed into him and shifted to her human form, in full Display. She sliced at him with the spikes along her forearms as her ankle-long braids wrapped around his throat, binding spikes long the bottom of each braid slicing through his throat with ease. She rode him down to the ground and shifted back to her dragon form just before he impacted, using the plume of air to help push her back into flight.

She let them all lay where she'd dropped them as she flew back to her Aerie. She dropped to the landing ledge with a grunt and shifted again to her human form, dropping to a knee as she panted for a moment. She pushed herself to her feet and ignored the blood running down her back as she moved to the fish, thinking to get started on cooking the meal she'd promised Jarmore.

She had everything needed: fish, lemons, rosemary, mint, salt... Everything was there.

Unfortunately, she didn't get to start cooking because she simply passed out in front of the fire pit, simply dropping onto the floor with her back to the air. Her injuries from the fight had carried over to her human form and it was obvious that they'd intended to kill her, not mate with her...

She'd already spent the last two days cleaning the place up and had moved all the bedding to the bedchambers further into the cave, finally choosing the one right next to Kane's old room, where her last clutch of eggs were still waiting to hatch...

The claw marks were bad, shredding her back, sides, and hips. Thankfully not her shoulders, though. If they'd gotten her there, her wings would have been shredded in dragon form as well and she'd have been grounded until they healed. As it was, she could still fly... Once she healed up from this round of injuries...

In truth, she should have already done a Mating Flight once Law was killed. Since she hadn't, one had to wonder why... No one else knew about the eggs...  
    PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:37 am
    live as long as I have

Jarmore

Red Gypsy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jarmore, was causally gliding around high above the mountains, he had nothing pressing to worry about since the day was wonderful, not a cloud in the sky to interfere. As he moved around the sound of someone’s roar had his attention immediately and surprisingly it seemed so familiar that he spun around and made his way back home at full speed. After a while he slowed his pace when he noted the dragons on the ground and in bad condition, shaking his head he made his way towards Ebony’s Aerie and landed though instead of changing he simply walked in his head scanning around as he went further. Once inside he froze instantly when he saw Ebony on the ground and in tatters, blood pooling around her. He rushed over changing in midstride as he knelt down next to her and pulled her into his arms “what happened?!” he saw she was unconscious and bleeding pretty badly, picking her up he decided that he’d take care of her but he needed to put her someplace where she’d be safe and went down the hallway that he remembered seeing her going down and went to the first door he came across and went inside and rushed over to the bedding putting her there. Kneeling by her side he moved his hands above her stomach and chest and took a deep breathe before he started healing her injuries, as time going by the wounds going through different stages of healing until her wounds were nonexistent, not so much as a scar remained, and sighed in relief when he stopped.

Jarmore stood up and left a moment to head to the kitchen and simply collect a few things he knew she was going to need when she woke up and carried them back to the room, noting that there were other rooms as well further down the hallway, but not wanting to pry simply focused on taking care of Ebony and went into the room where he’d placed her and put the few things off to the side, some water, as well as something to eat which would be light on the stomach and then stepped back over to her and knelt down next to and noted that she was chilled, she had lost a lot of blood, seeing no other recourse he changed back to a dragon and curled up around her and would use his own body heat to keep her warm until she regained consciousness, his tail wrapping around her and pulling her close to him and simply laid there, ever alert for any danger and would look after her for the time being.

andyou may find that there is little you haven't seen.

Wolfe Garm
    Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Marathon 300
    • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
    Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:00 am
    Wolfe Garm

Ebony twitched as she slept, seemingly lost to nightmares that never ended. In truth, she relived Lao's death over and over. Part of her kept wondering if there had been a way to save him, even though she knew better.

She finally came awake with a jerk and a gasp, sitting up fast despite the tail wrapped around her. She noted the tail and followed it up to the dragon beside her, somehow easily recognizing who it was. She turned her head to her body and realized that she was fully healed from the attack. Her injuries from the fight that had killed Lao were almost healed, no small feat to accomplish.

She turned back to Jarmore with a small frown, wondering why he'd healed her. These days, only Sasha ever came to see her. She shook her head over it and looked around, realizing that he'd put her in the bedroom she'd moved into. This was Shen's old room, complete with crystals still in place all over the room. Kane's room was next to this one and housed the eggs, the lava pools keeping them warm.

In truth, all she'd done was move her sleeping place, nothing else. She still had her clothes and jewelry in the master room Lao had carved out for her. She just didn't have the heart to lay down in that massive bed all alone any more...

She moved to feel along her back and neck where she'd been injured and was able to tell that he'd healed her better than she'd experienced in a very long time... Only Sasha was better, but since it was her only real innate magic she could be forgiven for having such a thought.  
    PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:18 am
    live as long as I have

Jarmore

Red Gypsy

When Ebony started moving around Jarmore moved his head down to her and watched as she was clearly surprised by the fact that he’d heal her and looked over to where he’d placed the food and water and reached over and gently picked up the cup and moved it over to her along with the food “here, you’ll need to have something to eat and drink” he could have changed already but considering she’d only just woken up he felt it best to stay put at least so that she could have a warm body to rest up against. Jarmore shifted his tail away a bit so that it wouldn’t be in the way and simply kept quiet his eyes just watching her. Eventually he spoke up “you’ll need to take it slow for a while, at least until you’ve recovered fully, took me a while to get those injuries healed so you shouldn’t feel any pain or discomfort” Admittedly Jarmore probably went longer than was necessary, but he wanted to make sure that everything was taken care of before he stopped and to him it seemed like the right thing to do.

Wolfe Garm
    Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Marathon 300
    • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
    Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:39 pm
    Wolfe Garm

Ebony accepted the water but frowned at the food as she remembered, "I was going to cook for you... I caught fish, like I promised... Then I had to deal with some idiots..." she said thoughtfully, giving a shrug of one shoulder over the attack as if it didn't mean much to her.

Of course, she'd already gotten him to promise that if anything happened to her, he'd bring the others in to see to the eggs, so she had little to worry about now. She'd been protecting the eggs for so long, waiting for them to hatch... In truth, she wasn't expecting to live long enough to see them fledge and was planning on others doing that. But she'd been hoping to at least see them hatch. Now...

She shook her head and gave him a nod for the healing, "You're good at healing... You should meet with Sasha. The two of you would be a formidable healing team. She lives over on Crystal Island," she suggested, making it apparent that she didn't think he'd have any interest in her and would be much better off seeking out a different dragon.

She shifted to the side of the bed, "I have to check something first, then I'll get started on the fish," she stated as she got to her feet and shifted to her dragon form, finding it easier to check the temperature of the eggs in that form. She moved into the bedroom next to this one, leaving the door open behind her without thought, and approached the eggs resting on a stone nest surrounded by a ring of lava. She checked the temperature with her tongue and noted that the mottled shells were still at the perfect temperature.

When she turned to leave the room, she saw him looking into the room and hesitated a moment before simply moving on. She left the room and pulled the heavy door shut before shifting back to her human form and headed into the main room of the cavern to get started on the fish. She said nothing about the eggs, not sure what to say to be honest. She felt that he should understand quite a bit about her by now, though....  
    PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:24 pm
    live as long as I have

Jarmore

Red Gypsy

Jarmore nodded, though before he could say anything, she complemented his healing capabilities and smiled, and replied “perhaps, but time will tell what the future holds, my ability to heal was something passed down to me by my mother, as it was passed on to her. The line of healers of my family go back many a generation, at least where I came from anyway” he stopped at that point and continued to watch her, though his concern for her got the best of him when she shifted forms which caused him to follow her. To his surprise a everything made since, she had a clutch of eggs, which if he had to guess was probably why she has survived as long as she had after her mate’s death. When she saw him, he simply stepped aside as she walked past him and closed the door behind her leaving him watching her with a level of understanding that was perhaps more than she could have realized.

Eventually he made his way back into the main area and watched her cooking and sat down close by his eyes watching her movement as she went about cooking, honestly he wasn’t entirely sure what to say, if anything it cleared up a fair few things but also left a fair few things unanswered, like why she didn’t try to find someone to help, she obviously knew dragons in the area who’d likely have lent a helping hand if they knew or at least he thought they would. Eventually he did speak up though his question likely would throw her off since it wasn’t something anyone really asked but he felt knowing what he did that he had to. “how far along are they?” he could guess that they likely had been around for a while but it was hard to say for sure. The Problem he saw was ordinarily it took two to care for the hatchlings, though mostly because they couldn’t be left alone for any period of time which usually meant that the care of the mother and hatchlings was left to the father to attend to since someone had to care for them while the other took care of the mother and made sure they were both safe. With her alone that posed a risk that the hatchlings would be left unattended or she had intended to pass them on to someone else when the time came, it was hard to say for sure.

Wolfe Garm
    Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Marathon 300
    • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
    Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:42 pm
    Wolfe Garm

Ebony paused in preparing the fish as he asked that question. Simply stopped moving for a moment before continuing with her preparations. Slicing the lemons, gutting and scaling the fish, preparing the herbs. Layering it all together to roast inside the coals of the fire...

She finally turned and looked at him for another moment then moved to wash her hands, "They have between two to four weeks before they hatch. It's why I asked you to make that promise to me before. Zylrias has control over fire and is already a father, Sasha is a healer and has raised her own clutch. Between the two of them, they can raise them if anything happens to me, see them fledged," she explained to him as she washed and dried her hands then moved to setting the table.

"I've held out this long, but even someone like me can be taken down by the right hit at the wrong time. Too many of them have tried and failed so far. But that doesn't mean that one of them won't succeed. I've lived past my lifetime several times already, so I can't complain too much," she commented, knowing that she was right and he couldn't dispute it.

If she were Mated again to someone that wouldn't destroy the eggs, she wouldn't have a problem. But males these days were all about spreading their own genes instead of respecting the maternal bond, which meant that any male that did catch her would destroy the eggs so that there wouldn't be any competition with their own young. So she'd made sure that none of them were able to catch her so far.

But even she had her limits... It was really just a matter of time...

For now, everyone thought she was nuts and gave her some distance. Well, except for those that thought they had a chance... And the ones that just wanted to kill her...

She finally finished with the table and moved to check the fish, carefully turning it over the coals. She already had a salad prepared for the meal, so that wasn't an issue. She just had to get the fish cooked and served.

Of course, she'd also revealed that she didn't think she'd survive long enough to raise her final clutch. That might be a bit disturbing to him, but even he couldn't deny that she had a point...  
    PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:04 am
    Zylrias & Raersas
    Jarmore

Red Gypsy

MzDuchess

Zylrias chuckled a bit at her enthusiasm and replied as he continued walking down the hallway “you need to rest, the energy is enough to help you recover but you have too little to spend to attempt again, once you’ve had time to fully recover, we’ll see about trying again. For now, just focus on resting up and worry not about changing forms or using magic, those will come in time” he stopped when he neared the door and opened it casually and just stepped into the room and walked over to the bed. Once there Zylrias gently sat her down on the bed and smiled “sleep well” was all he said as he walked towards the door and closed it behind him leaving her alone to rest. Zylrias sighed slightly as he stood in front of the door a small smile forming on his face, her eagerness was plain to see which surprisingly reminded him too much of Raersas when she came to age to start learning her own strengths, it took her a few tries before she eventually was able to utilize both forms efficiently and suspected that she would prove no different, though it was clear he would need to give her a helping hand and would need to go see Sasha for something to help her ease into her forms much smoother. Instead of returning to the main room he instead stepped over to the door to Raersas’ room and opened the door slightly to check on her and found her sound asleep. Closing the door, he headed down the hallway towards his own room closest to the pool of water and went into it without hesitation, yawning he changed forms and went over to the large bed and laid down and simply fell asleep.

When dawn came, Raersas was the first to awake, stretching awake as she opened her eyes she got up and changed forms before she got up and collected a towel and rushing off towards the pool pausing briefly to poke her head into Zylrias’ room finding him still asleep and grinning as she closed the door and headed off to the pool to bathe. Once there she undressed quickly and jumped in with a laugh causing a big splash. For a time, she just played in the water simply being a child having fun, pausing only a bit when she heard the door to Zylrias’ room open and close “Raersas?” She heard Zylrias call out to her and responded immediately “Yes father?” Zylrias smiled a bit when a heard her and replied “don’t take to long in the water we have errands to run today” she stopped what she was doing and yelled back “alright father I’ll be out in a while” having had enough fun she cleaned up quickly and got out of the water getting clean and dressed for the day before she skipped along down the hallway pausing to drop off the towel in her room and resumed heading towards the main hall and stopped just within to see where Zylrias was.

Zylrias sat at a desk on the far side of the training area working on something, pausing to look up to see Raersas there and waved her over. Raersas did so and stopped in front of the desk “what are we doing today father?” Zylrias smiled and replied “well today we’ve got to go see Sasha and pick up a few things for our guest, would you put this on her door for me?” she smiled and grabbed the note from Zylrias and nodded “of course!” and took off back down the hallway to her door to drop off the note. While Zylrias waited for Raersas to return he stood up and headed towards the entrance of the cave and stepped outside and looked out across the mountain range, as well as the forest below and found that it was a wonderful day and stood there awhile while he waited for Raersas to return.

Raersas ran along stopping by the door and looked at the note her father gave and then at the door and couldn’t figure out how she was going to leave it there. After a moment she carefully opened the door making sure to not disturb Titania and carefully wedged the note in the door as she closed it, on the note Zylrias explained that she should continue to rest and that they would be back in the evening, that there was prepared food in the kitchen’s root cellar if she was hungry, also to stay within the cave, that no one would bother here there. Raersas happily ran along back to the main hall and paused to look around finding that Zylrias wasn’t there and figured that he was already waiting for her to come outside and did so without any further delay.

Zylrias enjoyed standing there waiting for Raersas to arrive, the morning air was crisp, the wind gentle but cool the trees far below swaying in the wind, all seemed like they weren’t going to have any weather so flying shouldn’t be an issue today. Zylrias glanced over his shoulder when he heard Raersas approaching and turned slightly to look at her a smile on his face “did you leave the message?” Raersas nodded and replied “yes father” Zylrias nodded and changed forms “good girl alrighty love climb up we’ve got far to go” Raersas smiled as she walked up to him and with a little help climbed up onto Zylrias’ back and held onto him, Zylrias watched her a moment making sure she was settled before he took the plunge over the edge, his wings spreading out immediately and took flight heading towards the Crystal Island, having been there plenty of times it wasn’t hard to find and knew once Titania was capable he was going to have to show her the way so that she knew where Sasha was, though first he would make a quick stop to Ebony’s cave to check up on her since it had been a while since their last visit with her and flew that way since Sasha’s home was along the way.

Jarmore listened surprised by how close they were from hatching, but not only that by how little she cared about her wellbeing, and it concerned him greatly “well it seems I’m not left with much choice” he stood up and walked over to Ebony and placed a hand on her right and stopped her “I can’t speak for anyone else, but knowing what it is you’ve got waiting for you in the back room, don’t you think doing all you can to survive and see things to the end is better than waiting to die?” it was likely going to get her attention but it didn’t really matter to him “i’ve been flying a long time, perhaps not as long as some out there but one thing is for sure, doesn’t matter if this is your first clutch or tenth, a mother shouldn’t be so ready to abandon her clutch before they’ve fully matured, no one can really say when any of us will die, but one thing I’ve learned throughout the years, if you go looking for death don’t be so surprised if it does come seeking you out, after all if you are waiting for death you are more likely to run into someone ready to deal it out than not, but I tell you what I can’t say for my capabilities raising a clutch but i’ve spent enough time travelling to last me a lifetime that I had intended to settle here in these mountains and carve out a home for myself, so I’ll tell you what you focus on your young and I’ll do what I can to keep you and your young alive” Jarmore was serious about what he said and just moved his hand from hers and simply walked back to the chair he had sat down at previously and sat down again, his eyes were focused on her watching to see what she would do, it was obvious that he probably surprised her but considering what he has done for a living it seemed right to lend a hand in this case even if it was something well outside the norm for him, he was a healer and a capable fighter but raising a clutch wasn’t something he’d ever done before and while he had not been a father it didn’t mean he could lend his strength to some who needed it.

Wolfe Garm
    Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Marathon 300
    • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
    Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:49 am
    Wolfe Garm

Ebony froze when he touched her, effectively stopping her from moving while he made his offer. After a moment, she looked up at him, her chartreuse eyes startling against her dark skin. To say she was shocked by his offer was an understatement. It was most definitely not something she was expecting. And she wasn't expecting him to touch her either. No one had touched her since... Well...

Then he let her go and moved to sit down again, leaving her standing there like an idiot for a moment. She finally took in a deep breath and got back to moving on cooking. She turned the fish again then pulled out the salad and put that on the table.

She finally stopped and looked at him again, "If you do it, you'll be at risk as well. They'll attack you just because you're here, just because you're around me. They won't know why. They just will. It's instinct that they don't understand. Somewhere deep down, they all know I'm nuts right now and have been since Lao died. Somewhere inside of each of them, they know I'm dangerous. The fact that you can be around me regularly will put you at risk. Especially since it will be obvious that we're not Mates. They won't understand the instinct, but they will act on it," she warned him softly, her gaze intense as she considered him for a moment more.

Then she finally gave him a nod, her hair shifting around her in the process and reminding her that she hadn't braided it. Her hands automatically moved to shifting it out of her face and twisted it up a little so that she could slide a hair-stick into it to keep it out of the way. No small task with hair to her ankles.

"If you're willing to face the risk... I won't turn away the help... Then I can see them through their first flights, at the least... It will give them the best chance for survival... And the help will let me make the room shifts I need to do..." she agreed to the help then moved to serve up the fish.

But she heard the sound of wings outside and tilted her head, instantly recognizing the sound as Zylrias. And if he was coming, he had his daughter with him.

"Company... Welcome, for a change..." she said simply then moved to slide a sheath-dress over her bandages, the muted gray color of the dress actually showing off her dark skin while hiding her remaining bandages easily. She didn't want to worry the young wyvern, after all.

Her wounds from the fight that had killed Lao were closer to healed, but not fully yet. Those would have to heal a slower way because of who had given her the injuries. But with Jarmore's help so far, she was alot better than she had been...

She moved to set up a smaller table by one of the dragon-cushions and added a plate at the main table, setting up meals at each plate, "Looks like I pulled enough fish for everyone this time," she said to herself then looked at Jarmore, "This is Zylrias and his daughter. I mentioned him before. They're safe to come, as is Sasha. But they don't know about the clutch," she told him simply, knowing that he'd understand... At least, she hoped he would understand...

She checked the plates again and considered that she'd have more people in her aerie this time than she'd had since before Lao died... It was both welcome and nerve-wracking at the same time. Her hands clenched in the dress briefly then let it go as she heard them landing on the ledge closely followed by a young voice calling out, "Aunt Ebony!" she still couldn't get the girl to drop the 'aunt' part...

She turned a small smile to the young wyvern as she bounced in and shifted when she saw Ebony in human form, "Raersas... It's good to see you and your father today. You're in luck. I made fish, your favorite. If you eat every bite, except the bones, then there's a surprise for dessert," she told her simply, knowing full well that she'd go play in Shira's old room. The girl liked playing in Shira's room because her daughter had been a water dragon and her room reflected that in every way. She liked to play in there while she spoke to Zylrias.

And now she was mumbling in her head...

She turned as Zylrias came inside and shifted form, "Zylrias... This is Jarmore, a friend. Jarmore, this is Zylrias and his daughter Raersas," she made the introductions easily then motioned to the seating, "Let's eat before we discuss anything serious. I'm actually hungry for a change," she suggested as she moved to her chair.  
    PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 pm
    Zylrias & Raersas

Red Gypsy

Zylrias watched Raersas running in after landing and followed with her, when he saw someone with Ebony he changed and walked towards them, Raersas already by Ebony’s side and beaming with excitement, a smile on her face as she agreed to not eat the bones and stood there watching the man with some curiosity. Jarmore was surprised by the new arrivals and when Zylrias approached and was introduced he shook his hand “good to meet you, I’m Jarmore” Zylrias nodded and replied “pleasure, I wasn’t expecting anyone to be here” Jarmore nodded “well I’m new to the area and saw someone who looked like could use some friendly company” Zylrias nodded and smiled “well it’s good to see not everyone is scared of Ebony” Zylrias paused when Ebony ushered them all to the table to have a meal and spoke up after they sat down, Zylrias making sure that Raersas was settled in on her chair before he nodded to let her eat who did so. Jarmore looked at them both somewhat confused, having seen Raersas come in as a Wyvern but her father was a red dragon, seemed odd to him and Jarmore’s confusion was noticed by Zylrias who spoke up inbetween bites “Raersas, is my adopted daughter, we’ll have to speak on that sometime” Jarmore nodded as they ate and couldn’t help but look at Ebony a moment as they ate.

Before long Raersas chimed in a smile on her face “I’m done!” she’d pretty much cleaned her plate leaving nothing but bones as she was told to do and looked at Zylrias “can I go?” Zylrias smiled and replied “of course love, though why don’t you ask our host before you run off” Raersas nodded and looked at Ebony “may I go play aunt Ebony?” Raersas was if anything straightforward about her intentions, but letting her run off would allow them some time to speak more casually.

Jarmore watched the young girl who was antsy in her chair clearly she was hoping she’d be given permission, but didn’t say anything for a moment since this wasn’t something he felt he needed to get involved in yet.

Wolfe Garm
    Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Marathon 300
    • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
    Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:11 pm
    Wolfe Garm

Ebony gave the younger female a soft smile and nodded, "Yes you can. Make sure to stay to Shira's room, though. I also left a surprise in there for you," she told her softly, knowing that she'd love the sweet cinnamon buns and wouldn't make a mess while she played. Thankfully, Shira had left all of her childhood toys behind and Ebony hadn't had the heart to do anything with them.

She watched the girl bounce off then turned back to the others and searched for something to say, but came up with nothing for a long moment.

She finally cleared her throat and frowned at Zylrias, "Did I tell you about the protection ward I put on her? I thought I did... Anyway, anyone that attacks her dies..." she frowned again, "Or they turn into a chicken... I can't remember which I used..." she trailed off a bit there and finally shook her head as she got up and took care of the girl's plate, taking it over to the sink.

"Jarmore certainly is showing a brave streak. I'll give him that. Not many males would help out a female with a clutch laid by another male," she commented then froze briefly at what she'd just revealed but moved on anyway.

There was good reason that only Raersas had been allowed into the back rooms. She'd always been hesitant to allow Zylrias back there and had only showed him Shira's room once, so that he'd know where his daughter was playing whenever they came over. But he hadn't seen anything else but this main room.

She cleaned the girl's plate and put the bones in the bin she used for disposable bits. From there, she moved to collect the rest of the cinnamon buns and put them on the table before she cleared her own plate.  
    PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:16 am
    Red Gypsy

Zylrias’ head spun around instantly when Ebony spoke of a clutch of eggs “WHAT!?!” Jarmore was a bit surprised that she had revealed that information but simply kept quiet. Zylrias watched her for a moment before he finally spoke up “why didn’t you say anything, better yet does Sasha know?” Zylrias sat there a moment and finally stood up and stepped over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder “I’m sorry, had I realized sooner I could have done something to if nothing else lend a hand, and I’m grateful that at least someone’s going to be watching over you, if nothing else I can breathe a little easier knowing you and your clutch will be safe, but do me a favor and if you need any help to not hesitate to ask” Zylrias looked at Jarmore and continued “that goes for you as well, I think I can speak for Sasha as well when I say that I won’t be able to forgive you if anything happens to Ebony or that clutch, if you need help you only need to ask and I’ll do what I can to help” Jarmore nodded and replied “understood, and don’t worry I’ll keep them safe” Zylrias nodded, satisfied by his answer and turned his attention back to Ebony and spoke softly “you’ll have to let Sasha know sooner than later, she’ll want to know, I won’t say anything to her, and let me know when they hatch, I’ll bring Raersas along and we’ll celebrate the arrival of your young” Zylrias smiled warmly as he knelt there looking at her with caring eyes.  

Wolfe Garm
    Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Marathon 300
    • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
    Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:00 am
    Wolfe Garm

Ebony paused when Zylrias shouted, then paused again when he put his hand on her shoulder. But then she started moving again. So far, only Sasha and Jarmore knew about the worst of her injuries from the fight that had killed Lao and her first children. Neither of them could heal injuries inflicted by a Primal dragon. Those injuries simply took time to heal. Jarmore had fully healed her from the last attack and she didn't want anyone else knowing about it right now.

Finally, she finished cleaning the dinner dishes and moved to put them up on the shelf next to the table, "I didn't say anything because I didn't want anyone to know. I had plans in place to alert you and Sasha to them if anything happened to me, but..." she paused there and looked at the wall where Lao had carved an image of the two of them with their children. She swallowed hard as she looked over each face then shook her head again as she started moving again.

If she kept moving, she didn't have to think very hard...

She moved to wrap up a few more of the sweet buns she'd made for Raersas so that the younger girl could take them home later. There were surprisingly no leftovers beyond basic leavings to be dropped off later in the forest for the wildlife.

She dropped another log on the fire then knew that she had to sit for a few moments, at least. The claw marks across her belly and the burn mark on her back were pulling a bit. She guessed that she'd be fully healed in about three more weeks, though they'd still be a bit tender for a while after that. At least the bite marks were almost healed now.

She sat down at the table with the two males and gave a bit of a sigh over the whole thing, "I'm not usually one to ask for help... It's never been my way... I'm a very old dragon, Zylrias... Probably older than you think I am... All anyone knows about me now is that I was mated to Lao, the Primal Earth dragon; that we had a clutch and raised them successfully, that he had to fight his last sibling, a truly evil creature... And that he and our children were killed in that fight... That's what everyone knows about me right now... There's alot more there..." she had to stop there, not sure about talking more about that fight right now.

So she changed the subject, "Do you know why I accepted Raersas? Why I gave her protection?" she suddenly asked him and gave a small smile when he shook his head, "It's very simple... Because she's a dragon... originally, the dragons looked so very different from each other... It was only later that they decided on different names for types and tried to separate each other like that... The wyverns evolved from Lao's sisters, one an air dragon and one a water dragon. Both had that iconic body style and essentially were the originators of the species. So Raersas isn't separate. She is a dragon. Just a different kind of dragon," she paused there and looked at the light coming in through the cave entrance for a moment, looking just a bit lost for a moment.

"When Lao created these islands, he wanted to reunite the dragons. All of them. Give them a new home. That's what this place is supposed to be... That's why I accepted your daughter and put the protective ward on her," she added then shook her head and tried to refocus on the point at hand.

"I'll let Sasha and you know after the eggs hatch... Once they're ready for visitors... For now, Sasha has enough on her plate. I'm fine with Jarmore helping me for now. I don't do well with too many others around right now..." she offered then set the wrapped sweet buns on the table and gave Jarmore a nod before she went down the hallway to lay down for a bit.

The injuries were actually starting to hurt right now and she wasn't sure why, but she thought laying down was the better idea. In truth, she needed the bandages changed and the wounds treated. Instead, she wasn't being very smart about it.

She simply kept on the dress she was wearing and laid down on the bed in the room she'd taken to sleeping in lately, curled up on her side so that she didn't aggravate either set of wounds. But she was suddenly grateful that Jarmore had healed the other wounds from the latest attack. She just wished that these could be healed that easily...  
    Isles of Draconia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff