Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 pm
Talis
Aha! There, as Lauthisen observed, was their blue. Talis did, perhaps, have a soft spot for that color, as the dragon who'd searched her had been blue, but in all fairness, that described a lot of searchdragons. Good chance no few of her fellow candidates had a similar view of the color, whether or not they wanted to Impress one.

"Oh, I'm sure they do," she agreed to his musings. All this time with no one but each other and their parents for company, nothing to do and nowhere to go? No doubt they knew each other very well by this point. "Plenty of time to plan." And snoop on said plans. And anticipate today.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:41 pm
FISHER

Who the shells was laughing??? The mental laughter thing was not okay and Fisher frowned, even as more dragonets spilled on to the sands and people around her started to shift like something big was going down. Maybe she needed to watch how she was acting, since Kinye seemed to pick up on it and get nervous. Not exactly the kind of thing Fisher was hoping for and so she offered a comforting....ish smile. "I don't see why not? No use in judgin' dragonets free from shell, yeah? S'kinda like judgin' people before you get to know 'em, not much merit in it."

That was....absolutely hypocritical of Fisher to say considering she was an expert in shallowness and first impressions, but she was meant to be helping Kinye with all this. The girl was younger than her and smaller and clearly nervous. Fisher was built like a tree and not too keen on having to run away from anything. "I mean see, she's lovin' on those other eggs yeah? An' this new green is....bein' sad I guess but the point remains we won't know what kinda dragon they are til sommin' happens."

Was that comforting enough? The sadness of the green was pretty open and it did put a small pang in there. "Don't cry for yours lil' bit, go an' find them."

demon_pachabel

---------

HAVELI

"Ugh." The laugh in her mind had not been welcome, nor was the crying of the newest green from an egg she hadn't recalled seeing. All that mattered was she stayed focused on keeping Arlie at her side and making sure things were....somewhat safe. "Looks as though this clutch is going smoothly. Who could ask for more?"

There was a biting sarcasm in her tone.

medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:42 pm
Zyanzi

Oh that noise could break a stony heart if he had one! The creel of a sad dragonet, an uncertain darling striving to find their chosen partner. "Oh little darling... they're here... they have to be among us. One of us." He whispered, pushing a lock of hair from his eyes to watch the sweet small one. But there were more going ons as well. The distinctive sound of scratching claws on shell. More dragonets were sure to reach the sands soon. Be vigilant, Zyanzi... They're here... oh they have to be here!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:46 pm
Siv

Oh, hey, action. Siv tilted her head at Crucio's laughter, blinking as she eyed the dragonet lazily.

"Yes yes, quite a shower." Siv drawled. But the dragonet was a dragoneyt and--

She looked and watched Fiureboilt tip over. Siv couldn't help herself, slowly beginning a slow clap. Good job, little one. Well done.

Amila

Was Amila registering the heat?

Probably not, and her skin on the sand was a rtosy red when she squeaked, peering up before uncurling. It wasn't a drtagonwt, but another candidate, and the girl shook, trying to bow before swallowing, getting up slowly.

"There... There's an angry green." Amila said, voice shaking as she nodded in Crucio's direction. "A...And if she wanted to hurt m...me Iwanted to protect myself.. Uhm..."

Oh deart, she worried people again. Wonder-freaking-=ful was the scolding she gave herself, and she fidgeted with the hem of her robes.

"It's.. Okay if I stand with you? Uhm... Is... Is it okay if I hide a little? I'm scared they'll hate me because I'm not really good..."

Because really? Anxiety was trying to wedge further into her mind, currently, and hiding with another persoin might be a nice idea.

Prism Shine

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:50 pm
Nemo

"Oh, absolutely!" He smiled, fondly remembering when his own dragon had been a creeling hatchling. Well, not so much creeling as honking... And then she'd bowled everybody over that she could reach, sniffing them, until she'd come to him and declared her love and adoration. They would surely see the entire world together! And they had, and then-some! Now that they were grown, older, trained, she was as content as Nemo to revisit old locations and see them again, while still doing their duties.

He paused as he started up the stands, bending down to whisper to Lady Grey, "I'm afraid I must apologize, Pekoe wishes he could be here, but he's become a bit occupied." He then carried on, taking a seat on Jacomus' other side. "Here we go, Peku, a nice spot to watch from!"

Thaliawen

Lady Grey

"Oh, why thank you!" Giving a little wave to Peku, Lady Grey turned her attention back to the sands. Another egg had hatched, and... Honestly she had many concerns about that one green. That was surely a dangerous animal to have around. She chewed her lip, starting to feel antsy. She wasn't used to sitting in such an uncomfortable place, nor was she used to being around so many people, even as a Courtesan. There was a reason she didn't often leave her rooms and venture out into the rest of Rivercrest.

It was then she became aware of the space behind the stands. Oh, it'd be nice to go there for a bit... Get away from everybody... Discreetly as possible, she got up and moved, taking refuge in the momentary solitude.

Tarnaria

The sadness got to her quickly, causing Tarnaria to try and look at where it was coming from. Oh, another shy little dragonet! The precious baby, she looked so lost... "Poor baby... You'll find yours, don't worry!"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:51 pm
Akaris
It was hard to keep tabs on absolutely everything that was happening: Slytherin and Crucio and their egg buddies, Let It Go, Dream Is a Wish, and oh, that delicate little green was moving this way... So gentle, so careful, she didn't worry Akaris at all when she drew near for a look, but didn't find what she was looking for - not a surprise to the girl at all, who didn't expect that a dragonet would ever find what it was looking for in her, even with all the encouragement she received. But she was fine with that, really. It was her own fault after all, for doing what she'd done. Still, if even Vimiath had been able to forgive her...

But it was easier to fixate on the utterly impossible daydream of a bronze of her own, and never be disappointed or hurt because there was never a chance of it happening in the first place. The creel from the green elicited concern, and she sent encouraging thoughts her way. You can do it, sweetness. They're here somewhere!

Shaddaling

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:51 pm
Anakumath hesitated, looking back to Martirae for a moment and the young woman nodded. I can't speak them for you, she pressed - and the gold knew Marty wouldn't have. Looking down, she grounded herself with a deep breath before she looked back up at the young man, blue whirling into her worried yellow eyes, nudging her snout against Falienn's hand. I am happy, but ....I want you to be too, she urged with a small kreel. So I.....will be waiting, for what?

Clearly, for anything.

Marty reached out to brush a hand over the gold's head, giving Falienn a pointed look - complete with a frown - but saying nothing. It went unsaid, at the very least. Don't you break these hearts.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:56 pm
There seemed to be quite a bit going on, and Let It Go considered first what his cousins were up to, then his own green sister and her cries. Yellow whirled into the blue's eyes as he considered this action, before he looked back towards Fianth and Krahsujunth. He seemed to look at the older blue for longer than he should have before forcibly looking away and slowly beginning his approach towards the candidates.

Gentle steps. Careful steps. There would be no fumbling. There were eyes on the blue, after all.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:02 pm
Thankfully the red-eyed green wasn't the only one on the sands. A much more timid green was picking her way through the Candidates, pausing here and there to look up at the faces of those gathered before moving on. She looked quite anxious and as she moved in the direction of Shar and the group she stood by, she sent her a little comforting thought. Hers was here, be patient. She'd find them.

The lone blue was making his way to the Candidates as well, each step measured and thought out. He seemed incredibly self-conscious to Shar, but that wasn't a bad thing. Knowing that all eyes were on him was a good reason to be putting on his best. It certainly was a wide range of personalities they had here so far, from anxious to excited, from protective to afraid, and bouncy to haughty. What a mix...and there were still a lot more to come.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:03 pm
Oh....

Oh...but Her's was... Was already with someone else. The little green had been approaching Falienn when she stopped and watched Anakumath interact with Him. Her eyes went white, and then a touch grey, and she began to visibly wilt.

She was a gold. She was a green.
She was pretty and perfect. She was.... a green.

Oh, it didn't matter that Anakumath's had already Impressed. What if he didn't want her? What if.... What if.... she wasn't enough? She knew his fear. She knew his heart. She knew his worries, his joys, his loves, his secrets. She knew him and yet he didn't know she existed at all.

Softly, gently, perhaps with a bit of sadness she tentatively reached out to the boy. ....Is...Is there any room in your hearts left for....for me? Please love your Zezollath, too, my most wonderful, most beloved, Falienn. Even just...a little would be enough, if I cannot have all your heart. It was a tragic plea. Any ounce of rejection and the green just knew she could not handle it.

Would he want her, simple though she might be?

User Image

ShinosBee

demon_pachabel
Since Anakumath's there...

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:03 pm
Calla -- HR Candidate

The HP eggs certainly seemed to be fond of one another. They seemed to fall into line together; it boded well for their future wing-to-wing fighting Thread. A little green let out a sad creel, and laughter rumbled in her head from another. This was... interesting. A few that Calla touched were already out, one already Impressed.

The blue was on the move, its proud little steps measured. It felt like a lot of things were preparing to happen, but it was all in slow motion. So many dragonets now, but still so many to come. The sands were burning, but Calla forced herself to stand still anyway. It gave her something to focus on.

EGGS CALLA TOUCHED:
Expecto Patronum (made her feel safe/secure, eased her worries)
Felix Felicis (very positive, gave her confidence)
Imperio (vaguely approving, likes her intelligence, especially that she lies to her mom)
Slytherin

------------------------------

Ryah & Blue Kairinth

In the Stands, Ryah made a few marks on a sheet of parchment in her lap. Her bet could be going better. She pursed her lips.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:05 pm
Maddeck

"The dragon knows," as the saying went. So if a dragon "knew" him despite his peripheral presence up until now, well, what dragon did not deserve everything he could give. Until then, he was a healer above all other things. He and his brother did share a daughter to allow for such demanding lives like theirs. Neither he nor M'nick would give her to the creche anymore. "It is not that," he replied to C'vi's comment about Silvina. But he was not sure how to finish that thought.

"Good Healers indeed." Some of the most talented and skilled healers operated here, right within any given Weyr. It was necessary. "But you do realize that if anyone is mauled I will have to go down?"  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:06 pm
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

Quote:
open! Kel is heart-sighing over Disney eggs and blissfully underestimating HP eggs.

Keleres was unperturbed by the Harry Potter shenanigans, but perhaps she ought to have been. Instead, she watched as Colours of the Wind gave a few wiggling cracks, a contented smile spreading across her face. Taking one’s time to hatch, and to do it properly and right, was good.

Another egg spilled a green, and Kel concealed her concern behind an encouraging smile. The poor creature looked frightened by so many people around it. Hatchings were tremendous occasions- and not necessarily in a good way. It looked as though she found her courage, for she soon after Impressed, too. Keleres clapped, her smile lighting up her face.

Still, with the regal Let It Go blue wandering the sands, it was hard for the young woman to focus on a single event. She was proud the dragonet was so coordinated and balanced- but curiosity tugged at her heart. What was he truly searching for?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:07 pm
YURASTAR

The blue was moving now, along with a bunch of other eggs, and one of the greens was crying. A lot was happening all at once now and Yurastar was starting to feel a little nervous. Except the crying green had....Impressed? To the boy who was beloved by the Gold, and.....oh, he remembered him from the Spooky.

......well, best not to dwell on that, and with a small inner whoop he congratulated the pair. Love was wonderful and the way she looked, the way she had seemed to be full of love? This was a perfect match. Hopefully.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:13 pm
Candidate Makimton he/him

He watched the bronzes and smiled when the happy little green burst out of her shell. Very pleasant hatching so far, but he knew it had just started. The one bronze sheltering it's sibling still in the egg was utterly adorable. And aw the little green went over to check in them too.

He eyed the brown father as he came over to sit with the worried egg. Someone wasn't quite ready yet. That was ok. Oh one of the bronzes had found his rider. Bravo! Then the gold. She was a looker! Makim wished the new riders luck.

Oh there was a handsome and regal blue. He admired the young dragon. A bright green flash brushed past the blue and straight toward him. Makim landed on his rump, nose to nose with the green dragon. He blinked a moment in surprise. What?

His lucky day. Indeed it was! Makim reached up and wrapped his arms around the green. His green. His Zygmuth. He rubbed the green's eyeridges. Slowly he stood up with his hand resting on the arching green neck. "Let's get you some breakfast." He started to lead his beautiful green away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Candidate Nalacko she/her

"Hey Riz. I know classes have been super busy, and the chores have been endless. Glad I could find you in all of this press." She smiled at the other candidates around in the group.

She was now much closer to the eggs and hatchlings than she'd expected. Nala eyed the baby dragons roaming around. They looked rather cute and she gave a smile. The tenderness between the babies made her want to go aawww. Such good siblings. There was number running around now.

She caught her breath as a little gold slowly peeked her way out from behind her parent. Nala gave a deep breath of relief as the gold found her rider someone else. She couldn't imagine the hayday her father would have had if she's impressed a gold. No thank you.

She watched longingly as one of the beautiful greens impressed to a boy.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games