Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[RESOURCE] Management Q&A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 am
While I am aware of recommendations generally, I thought it would be a good idea to get an official stance on them for the rest of the player populace (and for my own clarifications).

To my knowledge, player recommendations are PMs sent to the mule that nominate a player's character for fourth stage. There are, however, bound to be specific aspects that staff looks at to determine if that character is a suitable choice, and naturally if someone thinks that character should be fourth stage, then they would want to write their recommendation to target these points of interest. I know there is a thread on fourth stage and how to earn it, but I would like to know - is the information listed there still accurate for what the current GM team looks for? (The thread is four years old)

Secondly, is there a specific format that players are advised to follow for recommending characters for fourth stage?
Is there a specific time when it is more acceptable to send a recommendation than others?
Is there a limit to number of characters recommended per player sending in a PM?
If you have anything else to add to clarify the recommendation process, please feel free to include it!

(likewise if there's actually a thread about this please link because I am disgustingly moronic and cannot function on a basic level)

The information in that thread is still relevant to obtaining a fourth stage and even if it is a few years old is always something worth referencing when considering who might qualify for a fourth stage. There is a lot that goes into determining a fourth stage, not all of which is published or available for players, but the information there is hugely relevant and is the most up to date and referenced material available for players.

Players are permitted to submit nominations for fourth stage provided they understand that their nominations may not yield in any results. Nominations do not work as a voting system, and are meant to be a way for players to present evidence as to why they feel someone should be considered for fourth stage. Staff will then review the nomination and considering it when determining future fourth stages.

There is no format to submit nominations for fourth stage; if a player wants to reach out to the mule with nominations they are permitted to do so in whatever manner they feel most comfortable. There are no requirements as to when these PMs should be sent nor what their content should hold; they are kept in a record so that this staff, and any future staff may reference them when determining fourth stages. If you feel a player or character deserves a fourth stage, it is recommended that you provide solid reasoning and reference (including links and IC/OOC reasoning). You may send as many or as few characters in for nomination.

Please just remember that this does not guarantee any of your nominations will reach fourth stage; we use nominations as a tool to help us determine possible future candidates and will review the evidence as offered to us by the playerbase. There are many things to consider, and fourth stages can be competitive between players and factions, but if you feel like you've got a good argument for someone to be considered, please just send it in!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:54 pm
Given that DC is seen as a fairly liberal/hyper progressive city, and based off of the nation's capital in some aspects, is Marijuana for Destiny City now legal? If so, does it follow heavy taxes, smoking to certain locations/etc?

Marijuana is legal but is taxed and banned from public smoking.  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Silverah

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:32 am
If someone were to take a blood sample from a transcended, ascendant, or half-youma person while they were powered up and look at it under a high-powered microscope, would they see anything unusual?

Nope! While there are abnormalities in the blood, they immediately disappear once outside the body. Transcended Senshi have uniquely magical blood, however once their blood is outside of the body it would immediately lose its magical charge as well as any genetic identifiers. An Ascendent does not bleed; because their organs are all crystallized there is nothing in their body capable of making blood. A half youma would be the same as Transcended character; as soon as the blood is removed from the body, the abnormalities would disappear: the youma parts of it would be 'dusted' leaving behind just the regular human blood with no traceable DNA.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:47 pm
It says under guardian cat info that a car can make a small item during an awakening. Can they make the same item during a power up?

Within reason! Cats need approval to create and hand out items, so you would need to PM the mule to discuss specifics (such as what you want them to hand out, and why your cat would want to give out that item.) These items should not be magical or have any special abilities, but cats are permitted to create items for people (awakenings, upgrades, or just in general RP) provided they are approved through the mule.  

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:01 pm
A lot of characters have decorations of various types of flowers and plants! Are these generally real, fake, or is that up to the individual player?

These are fake; they are cosmetic embellishments. They may feel real, but they are in no way alive. For example, if you had a flower on your uniform, it would not have real pollen, or liquid inside it. It would need to be a textured fabric or well crafted accessory and might look and feel real, though!.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:26 am
My character is a Captain with the Intel branch of the Negaverse. Is it okay to assume at this rank that he can have a small office in Dark Kingdom HQ where he has a desk, can review paperwork and keep files? I assume at this rank it would not be extravagant -- just a small room with a desk and a few filing cabinets/shelves.

Is that okay? Thanks~!

That is definitely all right! The room would likely be small and with only bare furniture; the Negaverse Agent would be required to either provide their own materials or fill out request forms for supplies, but they could absolutely have an office of their own and be upgraded to better rooms as they increase rank.  

Shazari

Trash Garbage

13,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:33 am
Okay so, I will try and explain this as clear as I can ; A ;

There was a senshi

That senshi was corrupted

That senshi was then purified (doubt side swap)

Can the purified senshi transcend?

Yes! All that is required is a powerful and sincere bond to the planet or homeworld. In most cases, a senshi is required to be at eternal stage before reaching this rank, but in any instance where a powered character cannot reach third stage (such as double side swapping, which would cap them at Super stage), it is more important to show that they truly have a deep link with their homeworld. Usually these senshi will have to work more towards earning Transcendence, but it is still available to senshi who have purified from a chaos faction (or double side swapped)!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:31 pm
"Backdating" solos and rps has a longstanding tradition in the chronology of the shop, defined as completing an rp now and setting it days, weeks, months back. It has been clarified that it can be used for homeworld visits, as long as dating adheres to the rules of frequency.

Otherwise, there is the impression given that chronology of Moonshop happens on a 1:1 with real life time. The Moonverse full moons happen when ours do in real life, their October 31st will happen the day ours does.

There is, I think, also rulings that complete forward dating, for the reason of the timeline being 1:1, cannot happen. You cannot post an rp or solo on Oct. 31st and say it happens on November 2nd. You just have to wait until November 2nd or after (backdating) to say it happens on November 2nd.

What about a partial forward dating? In the case of Multiperson Rps, which can take a long time to finish, can they only be set chronologically when they occurred/firstpost was started or earlier? Here is the example:

I start an rp on August 1st. It takes my partner and I until November 2nd to bring the scene to a completion. Up until this point, I've been under the impression that that rp could only chronologically happen August 1st or backdated before august 1st. BUT could we say the rp could occur anytime between August 1st and November second, since it took all of those days still 'active' to finish?

You may 'forward-date a roleplay'—within reason! This can be done for plot purposes/progressions only; you cannot 'forward-date' a roleplay for it to qualify as growth (for example, you cannot start a roleplay when your character is at first stage and finish it after they have already been posted for second stage and then apply that for their growth).

Sometimes unexpected things happen in roleplays, or they take a twist you did not expect and you find that roleplays started after this date would be affected by the outcome. (Such as, your character might have had an epiphany or injury that should have been reflected in theses later RPs but weren't because you did not know the outcome of the roleplay in question until it had concluded). In situations like this (provided you have consent from all players involved in the roleplay), you have a little wiggle room in your character's personal timeline. This is somewhat limited to private plots—meta related or specific event related roleplays will have to stay in the same timeline, as this can sometimes result in a large number of affected characters.

Ivynian

Cat

Silverah

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm
Quote:
If someone were to take a blood sample from a transcended, ascendant, or half-youma person while they were powered up and look at it under a high-powered microscope, would they see anything unusual?

Nope! While there are abnormalities in the blood, they immediately disappear once outside the body. Transcended Senshi have uniquely magical blood, however once their blood is outside of the body it would immediately lose its magical charge as well as any genetic identifiers. An Ascendent does not bleed; because their organs are all crystallized there is nothing in their body capable of making blood. A half youma would be the same as Transcended character; as soon as the blood is removed from the body, the abnormalities would disappear: the youma parts of it would be 'dusted' leaving behind just the regular human blood with no traceable DNA.

OKAY so stop me if I'm being obnoxious and overthinking this, BUT-

When you say genetic identifiers are lost, does that extend to mean that blood taken from a magical person cannot be accurately blood-typed? Ie, would someone with Type-A blood as a civilian turn up with inconclusive test results if blood taken while they were powered was tested?

What would happen if you tried to draw blood from an ascendant senshi?

What kinds of magical markers are there in the blood?

Does this happen no matter who draws the blood, even if a magical person is drawing their own blood for study?

Can I PM you to ask if there are any circumstances under which magical blood could be analyzed for its magical properties because now you've got me thinking about this and it seems like something really fun to do as a personal plot?

Genetic identifiers are specific to DNA identifiers. You could tell that it was human, and what blood-type they might have been, but you would be unable to identify a civilian based on their powered blood.

If you tried to draw blood from an ascendant senshi, nothing would happen. Their organs do not function like ours and are incapable of making or producing blood. If you tried to draw blood, nothing would come out.

The blood is magically charged; because powered characters are naturally stronger and more durable then ordinary civilians, this would be expected to be reflected in their blood, along with a general magic attached given the nature of starseeds and power flowing through them.

No matter who draws the blood, as soon as the blood is removed from the body it would lose these things, sorry! Even if a magical person is drawing blood for their own study, it would lose its capabilities. While you may PM with ideas, it is highly unlikely that this would be changed; there are a lot of problems with exploring the scientific side of magical girls both ICly and OOCly, sorry!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:01 pm
So can the Galaxy Cauldron create new souls, like are descended knights' starseeds new or just not the same as the last knights? Also does this apply to civilians, can their starseed be either a reincarnation or a new starseed?

This is not information that has been ICly explored or discussed so characters would not know the answer, however OOCly the Cauldron has been known only to be recycling the souls, not creating new ones. Only powered starseeds are strong enough to have a link to their past selves. Civilians can be reincarnated, but without being powered they have no way to know who they were in a past life and would lose all traces of it.  

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:38 pm
OKAY JUST TO MAKE SURE

You can't claim a solo for more than one requirement, yeh? So you can't write a solo to cover your last solo req for growth, have it come out to 4 solos worth of content, and then transfer those 'remaining' 3 solos over to a regular, right?

Just want to make sure, with the new solo word count changes and all that!

You cannot swap solos for regulars, sorry! You may swap one regular to replace three solos (or a battle to replace three solos (or one regular)) but a solo cannot be used to replace any other requirement.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:58 pm
OK, so everyone knows the Amazon Trio aren't exactly human anymore. How does this effect their aging? Do they age slower, or faster? Does it effect any part of their lives other than the powered side? Like... Will they be able to have children normally, or are they now infertile? Does it mess with their DNA?

The Amazon Trio would age in the same way as other powered characters; they are only no longer exactly human in the regard that they have a curse placed upon them, but this wouldn't affect their DNA or make them Infertile. Their curse/the magic affecting them would affect them only on a powered level!  

Bronze Coffee
Crew

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:14 am
Are half-youma capable of producing children with human partners? Or do they lose that part of anatomy/magically rendered sterile/incapable of reproducing with 'pure' humans?

(I promise it's only curiosity guys. BREATH.

Half-youma would generally not lose use of any part of their anatomy (so they would be able to be with a human) however they would not be able to produce children. While they would still have all original pieces (unless these were somehow altered or lost during the youmification), a half-youma partner could neither impregnate nor be impregnated by anyone--human or another half-youma.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:36 pm
If you clipped hair from a Corrupt Senshi's 'extra' hair -- the amount they only have when they're powered (i.e. my Chrysocolla, who civilian-form has short hair) -- would it disappear upon them powering down, or as soon as it was disconnected from the rest of their hair?

If clipped unwillingly, it would disappear with the rest of the uniform when powered down! If it is clipped and intended to be given as a gift, it can remain as though it were real hair (like any given token).  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:27 pm
This may or may not have been asked before but I was wondering how powered uniforms and seasons changing work. Since their outfits exist outside the normal material realm in the sense that they appear, disappear and remain unchanging unless through an upgrade; it is not something you go to the store and buy, do they offer any sort of unseen protection against the temperature fluctuation?

I had always assumed that a good majority of senshi, thanks to short skirts, were at a disadvantage in the cooler months due to the lack of coverage; ie: Eleonora, Thyone, Penthesilea, and Juno (just to name a few that have bare mid-drifts). Where as Negaverse agents were more adept to the weather changes because their uniforms offer more in terms of coverage and, in some cases, layers.

After talking to another player I have a feeling my understanding may have been wrong. I hope this post makes sense and if possible may I request a quote or nudge on AIM so I know this has been answered. Unfortunately I'm likely to forget I asked.

There is a protection against natural environmental changes, but this protection does not work against magical attacks or means. A powered character would have a dulled sense of summer heat or winter chill--so they have more protection against heat exhaustion or pneumonia. Gradually they would be affected by heat or chill (generally after a lengthy time, or by player choice) but senshi have a magical resistance to unfavorable weather conditions. They may still register it as an uncomfortable temperature, though!  
♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games