Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
english voice actor for light released Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_Jamais vu_x

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:43 pm
Yunacat
They're on the right track. Though, the voice is too high, sounds a bit more nerdy than wise, and it sounds like the voice actor is new to the business. He sounded like he was trying hard to get the emotional role as Light correct, but it just.. it's not as powerful as the Japanese version.

exactly....it's not bad, but it's not as good as the Japanese version either  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:00 pm

Matsuda, yes.
Light... NO.

He sounds like he'd fit better as a pokemon trainer.
>.>

K-VIRUS.

Aquastar_1

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Light's voice seems like too young.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:14 pm
D: where are the other two trailers???

lol I don't like his voice in english, it sounds better in japanese... o.o  

alexisneo

PC BANNING HACKERS PC

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:24 pm
K-VIRUS.

Matsuda, yes.
Light... NO.

He sounds like he'd fit better as a pokemon trainer.
>.>
Hehe, you read my mind.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:14 pm
Firstly, thank pikachuuu for posting a link to the VIZ trailer with English voice over.

Secondly, something that I have noticed -- when foreign anime/films/etc. are dubbed it seems that the original essence of the character is lost in translation and voice actor tone. I have only found a couple of instances when the dubbing actually was better than its genuine counterpart. And sadly, in this circumstance the voice falls flat when compared to the brilliant efforts of Mamoru Miyano.

Alas, its always tea and cake or death?

Mater Familiae

caffeine add!ction

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:25 am
I heard this ages ago. I wanted to PUNCH someone when I first heard it. ¬¬ It sucks. :[ It doesn't sound anything like the suave, cunning and intelligent voice Light has in the Japanese version, it just makes him sound like an American teen with an attitude problem who found a book and thought 'OMGZZZ I CAN KILL PEOPLE WITH THIS. 8DDDD'

And L's computer voice = Saw Jigsaw Murderer? What? >:/

In short, Caff completely loathes dubbings and thinks America should leave DN the hell alone. ;D

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:11 am
I don't think it suits Raito-kun at all. His voice is too rough and doesn't sound as cute as the japanese one! The japanese one sounds sophisticated and mature.  

.Peanutbuttered Muffin.

.Peanutbuttered Muffin.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:12 am
caffeine add!ction
I heard this ages ago. I wanted to PUNCH someone when I first heard it. ¬¬ It sucks. :[ It doesn't sound anything like the suave, cunning and intelligent voice Light has in the Japanese version, it just makes him sound like an American teen with an attitude problem who found a book and thought 'OMGZZZ I CAN KILL PEOPLE WITH THIS. 8DDDD'

In short, Caff completely loathes dubbings and thinks America should leave DN the hell alone. ;D
3nodding I agree  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:45 am
.Peanutbuttered Muffin.
caffeine add!ction

3nodding I agree

Totally agree! 3nodding

Anonymous_Angel

Oh-Glory-Riots

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:27 pm
Eh, at least i won't have to read subtitles when it finally airs. Although, the guy who did Lights voice made him sound too robotic. He didn't make the words flow and sound natural and change his tone of voice. I hope it the voice acting changes as the story progresses when DN comes out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:06 am
I don't hate all english dubs of animes...
but it's really hard for me to watch a dub after I've been watching it in Japanese (and vice-versa, actually) because I get so used to the character's voices.

Like in the trailers for DN in english, I really find it sounds wrong D: D: and another trailer they give you L's voice and it's just... not right ;n;  

alexisneo

L a w l i-P0P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:58 pm
My opinions on dubbs vary. Some I like, others I don't.

Light's voice is... okay. It definately could have been better, but it also could have been worse. It's tolerable, but there is definately something lacking in his voice that existed in the Japanese voice actor's voice. I find some (not all) American voice actors (please understand that I'm not bashing them. I totally respect what they do, and I myself wish to become a voice actress) sound as if they're just reading words off of a page; a lot of the time there's no real emotion fueling their lines. I don't think Light's voice really matches his appearance or his character,

I also don't like how deep they made L's computerized voice. It's just too deep. I hope that doesn't mean his regular voice is going to be very deep. D:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:37 pm
I absolutely love Light, but the english voice will take some major getting used to!  

tini_rini

[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games