Reply The United Martial Artists Guild
SaVe OuR sWoRdS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Woglinde

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:16 pm
Banning swords is like banning a cuture from practice. Cause think about it, Many Shakespearian plays use swords as props, so banning those is like ruining/butchering a 500 year old play, plus the fight scenes would be ******** up (Probably have to use paper mache swords or something) And they would pretty much ruin a rennaisance fair or those midevil (spelling?) jousting shows, and fencing championships are gonna be pretty much shot, Plus it doesn't help with the fact that officials don't give a rat's a** if it's a stainless steel wall hanger, a stage-steel sword, or a live blade, it doesn't matter to them. Now I may not be knowledgeable with laws of the UK or anything (I'm American) but it's like they are destroying a large part of their own (and others) cultures.

If it's because those occasional one or two wankers who try out something they saw on tv and get hurt in the process, that's just one or two people out of hundereds of thousands who are actually being smart. You don't throw out the whole crop just because of two bad apples. I mean, c'mon, 3 major things are happening here:

1. They didn't have the common sense to think before they act
2. Natural selection is trying to do it's job
3. Their guardians (if minors) aren't being responsible and forgetting their main jobs, WATCHING THEIR KIDS.

Sorry, think I got a little carried away sweatdrop

Anyways I would sign the petition, but I don't live in teh UK neutral  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:51 pm
nightwing773
nationality has nothing to do with this topic. Yes, they have gun and sword bans in england. I can see the reasoning, but it's just the way their government is. It's not any worse or better than the US is now, considering how corrupted the government is getting here, and how bad some of it is there, we're about even.

So please stop ragging on nationality. I have a citizenship in england, as well as japan, italy and the US. I don't take well to comments against others nationalities because I am patriotic for every one of those countries, no matter how conflicting it can get.

Ireland > England
S. Korea > Japan
Zidane > Italy

And USA > ALL  

Keyboard Warrior

Woglinde

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:30 pm
Keyboard Warrior
nightwing773
nationality has nothing to do with this topic. Yes, they have gun and sword bans in england. I can see the reasoning, but it's just the way their government is. It's not any worse or better than the US is now, considering how corrupted the government is getting here, and how bad some of it is there, we're about even.

So please stop ragging on nationality. I have a citizenship in england, as well as japan, italy and the US. I don't take well to comments against others nationalities because I am patriotic for every one of those countries, no matter how conflicting it can get.

Ireland > England
S. Korea > Japan
Zidane > Italy

And USA > ALL

Scotland > Baja Scotland (Many know it by it's alternate name, "Great Britain") pirate  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:06 pm
Woglinde
Keyboard Warrior
nightwing773

Ireland > England
S. Korea > Japan
Zidane > Italy

And USA > ALL

Scotland < Baja Scotland (Many know it by it's alternate name, "Great Britain") pirate

Wait, so you're saying that Baja Scotland/Great Britain is greater than Scotland? Damn Brits.  

Keyboard Warrior

Woglinde

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:09 pm
Whoops, wrong one! I mean't ">"

EDIT: Taken care of 4laugh  
The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items