Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr. Cynical

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:35 pm
Doctor_Strange
Keyboard Warrior
Basically, what Mr. Cynical is trying to say is that if you can prove that your dojang endorses alive, resistant training which consists of either full on grappling or sparring(and not that overglorified tag match that is point sparring)....then he(as well as I) will take you seriously.
videos are not avilable to me. ask specifically what you want to knnow and i will answer to the best of my ability.
Not good enough. We NEED video evidence to get a good grip on what you do, otherwise it's just your word against ours. NOW, if you can find some video evidence of some good Kuk Sool Won sparring videos with the help of, say, youtube, we might just be able to take it A LITTLE more seriously.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:30 am
why do you need a video?

I would be glad to show you plenty of videos from my academy, but
why do you even need it? Your word against ours? who cares? truthfully?
who really cares who's word is better? The martial artist who studies
the art is the spokesperson for that art here, and it shows the character
and good discipline of the art when they are mannerly as I have
noticed that Doctor_Strange has been. You may not take his art seriously,
but he does, and so do his instructors and fellow students, and that is
all that matters. I take him seriously because of the mannerly way that
he speaks, and offers to answer questions instead of losing temper and
becoming upset with pompous, big headed people who have no room
to criticize anyone who is not in the same martial art as they.  

nightwing773

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:34 pm
nightwing773
why do you need a video?

*claps* Sorry to get involved but well done Nightwing!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:58 pm
nightwing773
why do you need a video?

Think about it. Let's DS takes an art that puts him a bad position. Ex: He is told to keep his guard down and not move around. BUT HE TAKES EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY. Someone starts a fight, and knocks him out but he just stood there with his hands down. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE TAKES IT SERIOUSLY OR NOT. If it's s**t, it's going to be s**t no matter how much you try to polish it up. And would you act the same way around a very polite racist? How about a child molester? Would you take them seriously? Just because they're polite, it doesn't mean that everything they say should be set in stone. People lie, cheat and steal. Don't take their words just because they opened a door for you.  

Mr. Cynical

TaeKyon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:34 am
Mr. Cynical
nightwing773
why do you need a video?

Think about it. Let's DS takes an art that puts him a bad position. Ex: He is told to keep his guard down and not move around. BUT HE TAKES EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY. Someone starts a fight, and knocks him out but he just stood there with his hands down. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE TAKES IT SERIOUSLY OR NOT. If it's s**t, it's going to be s**t no matter how much you try to polish it up. And would you act the same way around a very polite racist? How about a child molester? Would you take them seriously? Just because they're polite, it doesn't mean that everything they say should be set in stone. People lie, cheat and steal. Don't take their words just because they opened a door for you.

Historically this has some truth, a lot of serial killers for example have been known to come across as charming and/or brilliant. (psychologically termed as a "mask of sanity")

Have you ever watched late night infomercials? There's nothing but the most worthless and useless junk on sell that you'd rarely ever necessarily need. Ten million different sets of knives, beds that crumple, emergency devices for elderly people, a step up ladder for dogs, eight million get rich schemes, and twelve million different exercise devices and videos that promise to get you ripped abs or make you lose weight w/ no hard work necessary. The majority of us shrug them off and ignore them, we can recognize that junk as junk that obviously don't work and sound too good to be true. They're scams, ripoffs, a waste of money.

But they're polite though right? I mean, not only were they nice enough to break up the cost into nine easy monthly down payments, they'll also throw in an extra set of whatever it is you're buying from them just because you're calling them now. I mean, that's a hell of a deal they've laid out for you and that's awfully nice of them to make such a great deal when the same product would go for twice the cost at a retail store.

Notice the contradiction here or do I have to spell it out even more for you guys?

I swear, for as skeptical as we are these days (ghosts, religion, get rich schemes, pop up ads that promise free Ipods, exercise equipment that's no different from your average swiss ball that you can buy for fifteen dollars at your local walmart, etc etc) martial artists seem to be one of the most naive and gullable agregate of people walking this earth. Partially due I suppose to the youth of a lot of martial artists (so that they lack the maturity) and partially because they're so beguiled by the mysticism of the "deadly asian arts."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:46 pm
thank you manga fairy.

Yes, and I do see your point, I know this. but he is being a dignified martial artist, he could be anything, and he could get his a** kicked. I don't know any art that is invincible, nor do I know any invincible person. It's his art. Not yours, we can pick weaknesses with your arts as well. But we don't because of respect.

He may be very well capible of defending himself. you don't know for sure. You have never seen him fight, so you can't speak against him till you at least see him fight.  

nightwing773

Mr. Cynical

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:16 pm
nightwing773
Yes, and I do see your point, I know this. but he is being a dignified martial artist, he could be anything, and he could get his a** kicked. I don't know any art that is invincible, nor do I know any invincible person. It's his art. Not yours, we can pick weaknesses with your arts as well. But we don't because of respect.
Like I give 2 shits if anyone makes constructive criticisms about Boxing and TKD. It'd help me, so there. I'll do them for you. "Hur hur, boxing no have kicking" and "lololololol TKD no kick hard and point sparring rofl". There. And we do what we do so he can question if his own training is satisfactory rather than joining in this gigantic circle jerk that Mangafairy and the like are pushing. Skepticism is what helps people to evolve in MA. Think about it this way, back in the day, bathing was considered unhealthy. But over time, that's changed (for the better thank god).

nightwing773
He may be very well capible of defending himself. you don't know for sure. You have never seen him fight, so you can't speak against him till you at least see him fight.
You don't and he doesn't either. That's why we ask for video so we can make judgements based on effective training methods.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:52 am
BOWM CHICA WOW WOW!  

Mangafairy

The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out