[Prp] From the Earth, to the Sky. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:41 am
"We're on the borders of the Pridelands, it's where my family and I reside," Mtima explained brightly, taking the first couple steps to encourage Boma to start moving towards the watering hole, "There's water not too far from here, I'm sure of it."

It paid off to make sure you new the area in which you lived, and the fact she could travel faster than mortals made it much easier for Mtima. It was a beautiful land she chose to make her home, or rather- her mate happened to be a resident of.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:59 am
Boma moved much like a mortal right now, or more so like a bumbling newborne with out her eye sight, she was unsure of her surroundings and at the same time was very keen with her hearing.

She had visited the Pridelands before, and was almost positive that was the reason she surfaced here, even if she tried to fool herself and assumed she surfaced here because of Mtima.

"I am lucky to find someone so kind when I emerged from the earth," the gravel voice turned to a soft purr.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:51 am
Mtima slowed down, moving at a pace that Boma could follow comfortably. She didn't put any thought to the strange coinsidence of a god being around for the emerging of another god, but did consider herself quite lucky. A mortal might have been frightened off, and in fact she'd be a bit surprised if it went compeltely unnoticed- but they might never find out if it had or not.

"I'm glad I happened to be about," she replied brightly, "It's not often I get to see other gods, in fact it's happening more often just recently." Mtima wrinkled her nose in amusement, then took a good look around to make sure they were still on the right track.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:54 pm
"Really, other gods have risen from the earth? It would be interesting to see who else has been sleeping in my world," she chuckled trying to make a joke. She was usually very cold like the earth, but it was time for a change. This new world will eventually force her to be a happy creature. Her bumbling slowed considerably as she followed the swishing sound of Mtima's foot steps.

Ruffling her feathers with a harsh yet eloquant clashing sound she grinned, it would really be interesting if someone had been sleeping in her bed rock and had been talking to her roots..could the earth keep secrets?

"I didn't mean to frighten anyone. I was just trying to break to the surface," she smirked halfheartedly, if she scared a few mortals...who would know?

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:48 pm
Mtima laughed quietly at Boma's joking, despite whatever opinion or knowledge she may have of the matter. The comments reminded her of her brother, mostly for his connection to the spirits of nature.

"I don't know about rising from the earth," she commented, "Or doing it in such a dramatic way, but there are others about." The goddess punctuated the sentence with a short laugh, followed by flinch at the sounds of Boma's feathers ruffling.

"Whoever you might have frightened should be fine, I could see no one anywhere too near here," Mtima informed her reassuringly, even though she wasn't exactly watching carefully. Someone could easily have slipped by her.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:53 pm
Boma fell silent listening to the soft earth as well as the world around her, her curiousity was peeked, she wanted to see this world, wanted to know what colors it held as well as what the goddess she had infront of her looked like. She could not sense Mtima's flinch and had no clue the sound of her wings was something to flinch about, she liked the clash, it echoed in the caverns.

For the first time Boma's bitterness about being in the earth had started to melt and she realized that it was alright to be happy, and alright to ask questions.

"Do you know any gods that would harm me..here at least..?" she was afraid that the god who had locked her away was still roaming, and still willing to put her into the earth.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:11 pm
"I can't imagine why any would wish you harm, Boma," Mtima replied casually, ever the optimist. "There are essentially good and bad souls, and gods are no exception, but you too are a god and deserve your time." Dividing souls into good and bad was a great over-simplification, but it was not just meant to refer to their actual souls but to them and their actions.

The water hole finally came into view, and Mtima picked up the pace without realizing she was doing so.

"We're almost there," she announced, "Not much farther."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:22 pm
"Good and bad.. is it really all that easy?" She knew that it wasn't she knew that you could have a kind heart but still do horrible things. She remembered the bet with the mountain and being sealed away, and the feeling of wanting to take vengence.

"Thank the Gods! I didn't think walking would ever seem so tiring," she grinned and fluttered her wings again with the horrible and wonderful sound echoing from them. She could smell the earth change, and could almost feel the coursing of water through the roots, Mtima's statment that they were close only proved her thought.

"I used to be cruel..but with a rebirth, as it were, from the earth like I had I want to start over," her pace quickened as well hoping she would not lose the goddess's steps.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:49 pm
"It's never that simple, under the right circumstances innate tendancies to act one way can be overridden and one may act another way," she explained, her mind wandering vaguely to her daughter, "Nature versus Nurture does not have one definitive answer."

Mtima sighed happily at the sight of the water, pleased that she might prove to Boma that she knew where they were and secretly excited to see the eyes of the other goddess. After all, eyes are very important for they are the window to the soul.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:01 pm
"Ahh..." was all she could think to say, what else could be said? Boma'burudi wanted nothing more than to live her life out with curiousity in her heart and happiness in her wake. She swore, like all junkies swore that she would never gamble again, ever!

Boma half rushed half stumbled to the water's edge, she could not wait to see everything. Her sense of smell leading her to it and without a thought she walked into it, she was used to the stale water of the underworld and the scent alone of this water was entirely different.

"Wow..!" she huffed and was fearful to go further.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:11 pm
Mtima watched Boma head for the water in a excited rush, and then slow down completely. It was interesting to watch, and she knew it must be different to be out in the air, out in the water. How different things were when trapped in the dark, how different they must have seemed to the goddess now.

"Take your time," she called after Boma with a giggle, wading into the water's edge herself.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:53 pm
"I am just so excited to see this world and to see your face," she had not set her eyes on another sky creature in sometime. Of course merkats and other ground creatures had crossed her path but she did not see lions in the earth. Of course if she was quite a bit north of here she would see the Anansi.

Splashing her paws she grinned hoping that Mtima could see her genuine happy smile. With fearful movements the siamese looking goddess dropped to her knees and pressed her dark face into the water. Shaking she pulled her face up and took large gasping breaths.

"Cold! That's Cold!" the dirt in her eyes streamed slightly, and the darkness brightened but she still could not see.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:11 pm
Mtima laughed at Boma's reply, and nodded despite the fact that the other goddess could not see it. She gave a purr-like growl, trying to imagine what it must be like to see this world for the first time, and if not the first time itself, the first time in a long time. Surely it was something like exploring, and the goddess had done a fair bit of that in her long lifetime. However, nothing was quite so new and exciting as this might be for the other goddess.

"It is a bit chilly," she agreed, wading out farther and watching some of the dirt stream away with the water down her cheeks. Eagerly she watched, hoping to have the goddess reveal her eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:10 pm
Carefully the excited goddess rubbed her eyes with one forpaw and dipped her paw in the water. Rubbing again, and then blinking she realized thatteh darkness she was seeing was the mud of the water and her heart seemed to leap from it's cage.

"Wow..!" she whispered excitedly and looked up at Mtima, her pupils dialated and retracted as she focused on the yellow lioness, seeing her for the first time, "You are not as I imagined you, of course you are still radiant!" she raised her voice looking at her trying to take in every inch of another creature.

Her eyes flickered to the tree behind Mtima and for the first time, in some time, she saw the top of the roots she talked to for so long, she saw the green of the earth and it seemed to burn into her mind.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:41 pm
Mtima watched Boma with almost the same excitement that simply radiated off the other goddess. It was so interesting to watch another get a good look around for the first time, one who could easily articulate their feelings. It was like watching new cubs just start out in the world, but so very different. She laughed at the reaction she got about her looks, and stared into Boma's eyes.

"Your eyes are not as I imagined them," she countered brightly, "But they are beautiful, and suit you nicely." Her ears twitched as she sense that the goddess was no longer look at her but beyond her. She grinned.

[PUB] The Pridelands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff