[Prp] From the Earth, to the Sky. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:28 pm
A rhythmic thrumming could be heard if one placed their ears close enough to the earth, it sounded like a heart beat, ‘lub-dub, ‘lub-dub’. The sound was quickly replaced but the sound of an earthquake; it was confined of course to an area just outside of the Pridelands.

Boma’burudi had escaped the her confined earthly tomb and was making her way to the surface, slowly and surely the sounds she made the sounds of African drums beating all at once, she was scared, never before had the great Earthly goddess felt so cramped, she wanted to feel the wind in her fur, and see the sky once again. It had been sometime since she saw the sky, her place was of course beneath the earth, not above it, but she could not get the taste of stagnant water off of her lips, and she could not overcome her urge to see something besides ore, roots, and earth.

The earth was opening up and giving birth to the very goddess that ruled beneath it, her claws were dulling as she pulled her body from the earth, her once shiny metallic wings covered and dulled by the earth. The adolescent wanted to be free, free of her confining domain. A dark black, dirt stained paw broke the earth’s surface along one of the major paths to the pridelands.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:04 pm
User Image

No sounds out of the ordinary reached the yellow ears of a wandering goddess. The immortal masquerading as a mortal was out for a walk, and the farther away she got from the Pridelands the more comfortable she was having her wings visible to all. It was just when she came within earshot of the rumble of the earthquake that she dropped the illusion over her body. The sound was barely audible at first, but enough to drive her towards it.

Mtima'safi picked up her pace, driven by curiosity and partially concern. If something was going on, she might like to know what exactly it was. The closer she got, the louder and more intense the earthquake became- it was almost painful to hear. The goddess stopped a good distance from the split in the earth, but she had a decent view of the strangest thing she'd seen in quite sometime.

There was life within the dirt there, barely visible through the majority of the earth that was driven every which way, but it was certainly there. It wasn't until a paw touched the ground that Mtima got a decent, unquestionable view of a soul. Even at a distance she could tell it was not the soul of a mortal that ascended, though one needn't see souls to tell that- not many mortals could burst from the earth in such a manner. With wide blue and gold eyes, the goddess of souls only watched the birth of the young goddess.

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:32 pm
Long, gasping, hallow breaths escaped her as she pulled her bulky form slowly from the earth. Her horned head emerging just as slowly as the original break of her paw through the surface. The cracking of the earth had died away and it seemed she was just a normal…horned...winged… lion pulling itself from the earth. Her eyes were crusted over with dirt and she could not see the bright sky around her.

The cream colored lioness was disoriented and felt as if she was in sensory overload, "Mother, are you there?" she called, hoping that someone would hear her cries. She did not think her mother would be here, and for a moment did not think there was a mother at all. The earth was her mother, she learned from it, and dreamed beneath it. Her dreams were filled with the world above, and it seemed that maybe she would find something new here.

The roots and earth had called to her, telling her that this was the exact spot to emerge from, this was the place that she needed to be, but why?

"Are you there?" she called blindly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:49 pm
Amazement was evident in Mtima's eyes as she watched the form of the young goddess fully emerge from the earth, crying out blindly. It shook her out of her stupor, thankfully, and she walked closer. The soul she saw was immortal, and somewhat hazy on alignment. It was intriguing to find another god, especially in such a manner and such a short time after her son brought one home to meet his family.

"I don't know about Mother," she called out in reply to the blinded goddess, "But I'm here." Her voice was friendly, and reassuring. She couldn't be sure how else to speak, and it was natural to her to try to act as such. Mtima walked closer, her eyes not leaving the face of the other goddess. It seemed clear that the stranger had not been out much, if at all.

Mtima greeted her kindly, with a hint of amusement in her voice, "Welcome to the sunlight."

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:39 pm
She winced started and stepped back, her foot catching in the hole she had just climbed from. Picking her foot up and dragging it from the dirt she shifted her head around her. She sniffed scenting the air, even if there was no threat in that voice it was better safe than sorry. Feeling that there was no danger Boma spoke, “I have made it? I am in the sun?” her crusted eyes struggled to open but it seemed they were not willing to budge.

“I am Boma’burudi, it would probably be easier to call me Boma, may I ask who you are?” she spoke politely, hoping that the friendly voice would help her find a way to clear her eyes.

The earth had been right there was something for her here, there was something to find, and she was sure that, that something belonged to the voice. And if it did not? Well, she had made a new sky born friend.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:52 pm
"You've made it," Mtima said positively, even adding a nod despite the fact the goddess wouldn't see it. She stepped closer to the earthy goddess, noticing the sniffing and the struggle to open her eyes. The goddess made no formal gesture when the other introduced herself, knowing it would be as useless as the nod so long as her eyes were crusted over.

"You may, Boma," she replied in a similar polite tone, "I am Mtima'safi, or Mtima if it would be easier. I too am a goddess."

She explained her status for the benefit of Boma, who could not see it for herself. Though not all gods were good, she thought perhaps it would be some comfort for Boma to know she was found by someone closer to her than a mortal. The last thing she needed, in Mtima's opinion, was an ignorant mortal freaking out while she tried to figure out where she was.

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:41 pm
"You'll think it is funny, but the roots told me to come up here, I think it was to meet you, Mtima," her voice was soft and gravely, like that of an old blues singer.

It was reassuring to know she had not come into the world above to find a scared and hateful mortal, knowing that another goddess greeted her was more symbolic anyways, she'd come to the sky for a reason, and maybe this could be it? Or maybe she was looking for something inside of nothing.

For the moment she gave up the fight to open her eyes and let her taunt muscles relax, digging your way out of essentially your own grave is quite tiring. She wished to see the goddess that was talking to her, roots and rocks were not great conversationalists, and of course they were not great on the eyes either.

"Are there many gods above the ground?" she was after all still a child, and her curiosity was going to get the better of her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:51 pm
"The earth spoke to you?" Mtima asked brightly, smiling at the mere thought of it. It was not something unusual to the goddess, not at all- it was even almost a comfort to her. "It's not strange at all, the earth has it's own spirits," she murmured in a light tone.

She stepped closer and took a good look at the rocky layer over Boma's eyes, and is pleased to look in time to see her relax. Mtima herself took a seat, curling her tail around her feet and folding her wings neatly behind her.

"You should sit, you must have come quite some ways," she suggested, pondering in the back of her mind ways to try to clear Boma's eyes, "There are, it seems. I've only seen one other than you lately, but there must be others."

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:58 am
"A long way indeed," her voice still the gravely soft tone it had been, "Maybe they are like I was sealed away?" she shifted her head to 'look' at Mtima. A kind voice, and one that did not find her talking to the earth odd, that was encouraging.

"Do you mind if I ask, do you have a family here? Is the world above alright?" For some reason she was not aware if the world had changed when she was locked away, "The world was not in a good shape the last I saw it," she added quickly.

Her tail swished back and forth as she thought about what she couldn't see, and thought it would be a good idea to wash her eyes out, she'd ask soon if Mtima knew a way to a watering hole.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:25 am
"Maybe," Mtima agreed with a small shrug, she didn't know much about how other gods fared, sealed or not. It didn't seem like K'Anatak had been sealed away, though he had lost track of someone or something. That didn't require being sealed away, though.

"I have a mortal family here," she replied in a light, cheerful voice. She was pleased to have a family, and for the moment it didn't seem to bother her that they were mortal. Souls were immortal and she didn't like to think about death, so it was not often such thoughts entered her mind. She could see her cubs grow, but it still didn't sink in that they would always continue growing. "The world above is in fine shape now, I'd say. You should like it once you get your eyes back," she replied enthusiastically, laughing, "It seems to me you might like the mountains, but there are not too many near here."

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:51 am
"Ahh, mortals are beautiful," and fearful, she wanted to add, "The mountains? I've moved a few mountains," she grinned mischievously, she couldn't actually move a mountain, but who's to say a little bragging isn't fun?

"I am truly sorry to ask so many questions, but you seem kind hearted, could you help me find a watering hole? My eyes and my throat.." her voice trailed off. She was sure that she could find a watering hole if she tried, oh the arrogance of youth.

"I do understand if you are busy and do not have time to help," she teetered slightly on her legs and fluttered her wings together with the sound of clashing swords.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:32 am
"Have you?" Mtima asked rhetoically, sounding somewhat amused but not at all mocking. She wouldn't put it past another god to have done something like that, or to exagerate to say so. It didn't matter.

"Don't apologize, I'm sorry that I didn't offer to help sooner," she said with a short laugh, "I'd be glad to show you to a watering hole, there is one not to far from here.."

She was sure there was, and the goddess was glad- she didn't want to have to hide her wings, it was nice to be in the company of another god in her true form. Of course, she was certain K'Anatak had been able to tell. It was more comfortable being free of illusion.

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:29 am
Boma'burudi got to her feet and took a step forward, she would never know Mtima's dilemma of wanting to hide her true self, she wanted to be nothing more than a goddess and why not show others? Of course she knew the reason, fearful mortals, and hateful gods. Her memories of this world were sketchy but she knew where she was, she was either in the Pridelands or quite near them.

"Shall we?" She grinned again her foolish grin and if her eyes were not crusted over there would be a knowing glimmer in them.

The urge to interrogate the goddess beside her was strong and she wanted to ask many things What are you goddess of? Why love a mortal? Do you have family that are gods? She could not bring herself to ask such intimate questions, and only hoped she would know this goddess long enough to ask such questions. Instead of asking she focused on how she would answer such questions, she was of course the goddess of below the earth, and why would she ever want a mortal? Possibly because of their love for life and their passion for the here and now. The last question would be the hardest, she could not think if she had a family.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:11 am
Never unproud of her true nature, the goddess only hid it for the benefit of the mortals who might not believe in gods- she would not force herself upon a pride that had it's own religion, though it didn't seem likely all gods would be so concerned with the beliefs of a group of mortals. Surely it wouldn't be a secret forever, that there were gods. It was chance that she'd fallen for a mortal lion, especially one in a pride that didn't know for certain what the beliefs of the group really were.

"Follow me, then," Mtima gave her obvious instructions, with a small laugh. Boma would have to follow the sounds of her feet, and voice. With a smile, she waved her tail and turned in the direction of the watering hole.

Ecavi

Magical Apprentice

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:59 am
Her hearing was probably her more advanced sense, everything below the earth tasted the same, and it was very dim, she relied mainly on her sense of hearing. Being above the earth made her want to see though, made her want to see the blue world she missed.

"What part of the land is this? Is there a watering hole far?" She could see small speckles of light through her crusted eyes, and those speckles were like her last bit of hope, light shining through the darkness.

She could not remember stummbling upon chambers in the earth that were exciting as this moment. And a new acquatance to boot!

[PUB] The Pridelands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff