Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:45 am
Saffron nodded slightly as she spoke. It was a strange concept to him, but somehow, the way she explained it, it didn't sound so bad. In fact, it sounded sorta' fun. Maybe he'd spend tonight out in the forest rather than back at home on the riverbank.

He was about to reply with something when he was struck by a sudden strange feeling. His stomach felt odd and he cringed, doubling over. "I'm sorry....excuse me for a moment..." Barely thinking about what he was saying or doing, he staggered to his feet, hand on the tree trunk for balance as he shuffled into the foliage. What was happening?

A sudden achiness overtook his extremities, making his arms, legs, and wings sore and sensitive, as if something were taking hold of them and stretching them. It was a brief sensation, however, though it seemed like it should be more painful. Within moments, it was all over and a swift glance downward made it clear to Saffron what had just happened. He'd finally caught up with his sister.

Smiling, he quickly emerged from the foliage, noting the difference in his new adult form. "Sorry about that. That was sort of odd," he apologized, rubbing his neck in a nervous, embarrassed gesture. He took a moments to stretch his wings to their full spread before folding them back down against his shoulders. "Apparently, someone decided it was time I grew." Laughing and starting to catch on a bit, he winked at Karma, continuing. "Maybe Fate?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:30 am
Karma watched as suddenly Saffron was in pain, "Are you alright?" He disappeared into the trees and then when he emerged again he was a sight! He had grown to adult in the span of a few minutes.

"Wow!" She said, she forgot what it was like to grow. She had grown a long time ago. "Yes, I'm sure Fate knew it was time. Everything has a certain time to happen. This was your time to grow." She smiled and nodded as she spoke.

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:08 pm
Saffron chuckled, still slightly embarrassed, but not sure why exactly. "Yeah, that was a little weird though. Guess it might have had something with being overdue or...I don't know. I mean, my sister and I were supposed to be twins, but she's been an adult for months. Weird, huh?" He seemed bemused, if a little thoughtful. Who knew why the Guardians did anything, though? Only they knew. The rest just had to trust that they knew what they were doing.

He lifted his larger wings again, ruffling the feathers a bit before resettling them on his shoulders. They'd take some getting used to, but maybe he'd have a bit more luck with flying. He'd been trying to teach himself for some time now and hadn't done badly, but he always tired so quickly. Maybe now, with his full-sized adult wings, it'd be a little easier. And if not, he'd just keep practicing until it got easier anyway.

Turning back to Karma, he smiled and held out his hand. "What do you say we go for a walk? I'm not sure I feel like sitting down right now. Kinda' feel like getting some exercise, if that's alright with you?" He offered his hand to help her stand in case she decided to take him up on his offer. He knew he'd come out here to see something new, but he was pretty sure he'd done that already, right? He didn't intend on going home or anything, but he could still stay in the area. "Have you ever been down to the riverside?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:09 pm
Karma smiled, "Nothing is ever over due, things are just due." She smiled and took his hand, letting him help her up. "A walk sounds really nice." She always liked walked. "The riverside? Maybe once or twice, but I am always willing to go."  

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:03 pm
Saffron smiled, offering her his arm. "The river it is then," he nodded. He led the way, making sure not to head too far down the river that they might run into his parents. That was his familiar 'stomping grounds' so to speak, so maybe he'd be a little more comfortable if he was showing her around. Plus, it was just a nice place to spend time, as it was quiet and calm, full of a serene sort of beauty.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:11 pm
Karma took his arm and followed him. It was interesting having another pae lead him around instead of Fate. She thought it was nice...she also knew that Fate was guiding Saffron who was guiding her. "So, do you like living by the river?"  

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:24 am
"Well, I suppose so," he started. "I mean, it's not like I really know anything else, since I've always lived by the river." Shrugging slightly, Saffron wasn't sure what else to say. How could he really compare if he'd never lived anywhere else? Or even visited anywhere else?

His thoughts were interrupted when his ears detected a slight sound off to their right. Frowning, he glanced over, patting Karma's arm. "Excuse me...I thought I heard something. Let me check on this." He wasn't sure why, but he felt like he should make sure there wasn't anything potentially dangerous in the area. Where that feeling came from, Guardians only knew.

Stepping away from Karma, Saffron cautiously approached the foliage he thought the sound had come from. Something could be in there, either harmless or dangerous, so he was taking care in approaching it. No need for taking unnecessary risks, right? Pulling aside the branches, Saffron wasn't prepared for the surprise within the bushes. On the ground, a small, green demon Pae wriggled, seemingly alone. Saffron's eyes quickly scanned the area, disappointed and nearly panicked when he detected no one. Great...now what? He couldn't just leave the baby there...

"Karma?" he called back, trying to keep his tone light and failing miserably. "Does Fate make a habit of playing tricks?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:13 am
Karma nodded, "Well that makes since." She watched as he heard a noise. She didn't know what could be around, but it was usually something she was meant to find.

Karma smiled at Saffron's question. "Tricks are not things Fate does." Karma looked over his shoulder to see the little baby pae. "Oh, it's a baby! How sweet! See, Fate wanted us to find him."

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:20 pm
Maybe Karma was amused by all this, but Saffron certainly wasn't. Frowning, he leaned down, picking up the small Pae'il. Removing the blanket, he realized that this wasn't a baby demon; it was a child...and a squirmy one at that. He struggled to keep a hold on the young Pae'il as he looked back at Karma. What in the world was he supposed to do now?

The child looked at this new thing for a minute. It was bigger than he was, but what was it? Curious, he turned his head, using the only method he had of testing new discoveries...

"OUCH!" Saffron cringed, nearly dropping the child as his small teeth pierced the older Pae's skin. "You really are a little demon, aren't you?" He raised an eyebrow as the child merely giggled and cooed at him. Saffron sighed. "Well, I have to call you something, though I don't think 'demon' is exactly acceptable...no matter how appropriate. How about...Devyn?" The child's happy cooing seemed to answer that question. It looked like poor Saffron had suddenly found himself in the possession of a new charge...whether he wanted him or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:33 am
Karma watched the two with an amused smile on her face. "Devyn is a good name." She nodded thinking Fate had led then in the perfect path. She walked closer and smiled at the child. "Hi, I'm Karma."  

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:11 pm
Devyn frowned, tilting his head and staring at the one who had just spoken. He hadn't 'tested' that one yet, unlike the loud one holding him. And what was she talking about? It all just sounded like gibberish to him. It wasn't as if he'd heard other Pae'il speak before after all...

Saffron still wasn't very pleased himself about the whole situation. "Now what am I supposed to do with him...?" he moaned, shaking his head. He was NOT about to take care of some baby...let alone this little demonic terror! "I can't take care of a baby! Or a toddler! What am I supposed to do?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:33 am
((I guess since Karma has moved on, we should wrap this up.))

"I don't know, I guess Fate thought you needed him and he needed you." Karma said as she watched the toddler, "I know that you will figure out a way."  

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:00 pm
((*nods* Sounds like a plan. 3nodding ))

Saffron sighed, cringing as the toddler tugged on his hair. "I guess so... Well, it was nice to meet you, Karma. Perhaps we'll meet again soon." He turned to go, then paused. "I think I'd like that." Before he said anything else random like that, Saffron disappeared into the forest with the demon toddler. He had to find Takeko...now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:32 pm
Karma smiled and nodded, she would like to see him again too. She always met paes and then left them. She didn't know what Fate had in store for her, but she really was excited to find out.  

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items