Reply ::Gamer Chicks::
how do you play fighting games? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you play fighting games?
  Mash those buttons!
  Up, up, forward, down, square, circle, L1, backward, R2, square, square, baby!!
  Who needs combos or mashing? I use any move that works over and over again
  It's not my kind of genre
View Results

tifaffx-2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:08 pm
For me i do what i like to call "stratigic button mashing" and this is how it works. first i look up EVERY combo for the character im going to play in the fighting game, then i pick through my memory untill i find the combo i need in that situation in the match, after finding the combo i'll will"stratigicly button mash" that combo untill iit works.

its a wierd way of playing but it works out perfectly for me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:45 am
I haven't button mashed in a bit. sometimes I'll mix up buttons on accident & it's a combo. then I just remember that since combos usually do more damage then single buttons.  

Midnight Xtera

RiotxTori

4,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:16 pm
haha i normally do the combo moves i know. but when i begin to panic
i button mash!! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:12 pm
Not my cuppa.  

Kiraleen

AurumCelest

Dangerous Tactician

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:52 pm
i button smash when i get angry xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:58 pm
daft alchemist
Well, I know how to turtle in RTS's anyway. I'm not sure how that works in fighting games though. I could be doing it, but I wouldn't really know; I've never heard of turtling in fighting games before. sweatdrop I do know how to poke, especially since I'm attempting to specialize with the girl who uses the polearm. I don't remember her name. I start out every match with a good poke and then I usually try to follow up with a good lunge attack while they're still stunned. I'm getting better, even if slowly. 3nodding

ok, u know how like in street fighter, if you do a Shoryuken, but miss, you be left vunerable for a few seconds? ie, you can't block again until your character lands on the ground. in a fighting game, a turtler would be a person who just blocks & pokes all day, waiting for the opponent to leave himself vunerable first. a turtler plays extremely defensive and never does any risky moves until the oponent leaves himself vunerable.  

HentaiTentacleDemon

Questionable Lover

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:24 am
Well then I'm not a turtle. I do block a lot just because I'm bad at dodging and I sometimes hit the wrong button when I try for an impact block thing. Usually I just jump at them for a few quick slashes while they're not doing much, and then I back off real quick and go back to blocking. So I guess I'm the foolish one who sometimes leaves myself a little vulnerable, but I still do good. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:43 pm
I mainly use grabs and blocks.

After years of gaming with my brother I have learned the importance of how deadly a button masher can be.

So I let the fight come to me instead of vice-versa.

But sometimes he'll just stand there for like five minutes waiting for me to attack.

We're both very stubborn. -_-

Buster Dreamchest

Reapers Ritual

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:29 am
I button bash (but it's not manical, mindless bashing) at first until I get a feel for the character moves & stuff. I'm definately not a 10 hit combo person, I stick with the small ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:44 pm
Reapers Ritual
I button bash (but it's not manical, mindless bashing) at first until I get a feel for the character moves & stuff. I'm definately not a 10 hit combo person, I stick with the small ones.

Same here. I sorta of mash the buttons till I vaguely get a sense of lil combos which I use a fair bit... but with characters I don't use much, it's just mash mash mash. v_v'  

lilhazelnutta

Elephanilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:51 pm
Practice mode. Just to get a feel for what the character is like. I rather learn the combos and the specials than button mash and get my a** kicked.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:01 pm
does grand theft auto count?  

Tee_and_Essing

Sushiie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:01 am
i not good at combos and slow at learning them ahhah but yea i learned some in soul calibur 2 using the faust guy and pwn my bro using his tricks hahha  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:25 pm
Brascus
If I button mash... I die. Depending though on the character and your own personal style, Soul Caliber games are all really good games for the button masher style. I prefer combos because they do a lot of damage and they're cool to watch.
Same here, except I think smash bros is a button smasher game...  

Groovin Magic

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:12 pm
I usually button mash for a bit until I get a sense of what my character can do, then I'll start actually working with him/her correctly. I'll look up combos and memorize three or four that work well in most situations and play from there.

Fav fighting game; Tekken 3.

::Gamer Chicks::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces