Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Hopefully 4kids doesnt find out about it.... Edits Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visual_Kiva

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:55 pm
KiraLight
well they could change DN to make it more kid friendly..like they did with CCS...but that's a little bit different, isn't it? blaugh

Very...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:27 pm
4Kids wouldn't take control of a Death Note anime. There are too many heavy themes in the story to make it kid-appropriate. The 4Kids producers would probably take one look at the manuscript and toss it out the window in disgust.  

Nights1stStar

aged manflower

Shameless Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:41 am
if it were....

Raito (now called "Mathew"): =O! a notebook... that gives away the lottery! I think I'll make the world a better place by making all the poor depressed criminals happy. ^_^ ... but ... <.< can I do it? ... will they... REALLY be happy?
Ryuk (now called "Shadow"): *kukuku* I'm wearing a poorly copy/pasted CG bow in my hair, oh my...
person A: *GASP, clutch-heart* I... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! *never appears again as it is assumed that they moved to france with the money they got and started a cherity for children missing their left feet*
L (now called "Lorence"): *~*... hm... I want to win the lottery too... Mathew (Raito) can't keep this book to himself, lets track him down 8D;
Raito: *appears as "Cure-er" on TV*
Misa (now called "Carol"): I shall help 8,< Moon~ Moon! (Moon = Rem's new name)
Rem: *does shinigami things until "she" decides that "her" true love is the circus*

but yes, seeing as 4kids IS supposed to feature kiddy-shows hopefully Death Note is safe... 9______9;;;  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:00 am
Yeah, when anime's go onto regular TV it totally ruins everything. Like with Naruto and CartoonNetwork, I used to love Naruto and ever since it came on CN it sucks, and it looks like it's intended for 7 year old.

I want Death Note to not come on TV just go straight to DVD or something where it won't be ruin or anything like that. sweatdrop

mshka

Big Member

Yayoi_Minato_Keita_Hisoka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:58 pm
Gack! :dies: They can't defile Death Note like that! Gack! Gack I say! Gack!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:36 am
*gasp* you shouldn't say such a thing... i hurs my eyes to simply read those words together in a sentence *shudder* Though seeing the first episode it is WAY to dark for 4kids TV It'll most likly be lisenced by VIZ of Funimation... Did anyone see the episode count? It said 37... what an odd number.  

Im Your Price Charming

RionaDaidouji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:24 am
Am I the only one who didn't know that Viz does dubbing? *is completely out of the loop*

In any case, I hardly watch cable at all anymore. Anime on Demand, or just buying the DVDs, is so much easier.

Also, just because Viz liscenced the manga doesn't mean that they'll get the anime. The Get Backers manga and anime were liscenced by two different companies, after all.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:52 pm
I agree that it'll be Viz, and it'll go straight to shelves. There's quite a few things chosen to be too... Much for kids, I guess.. All yaoi is banned. Boys should never be with boys in American dubbed anime!! Same with two girls!! (hence why Kyou Kara Maou is only on DVD, as well as Gravitation) Blood is edited out of Naruto scream and scenes are cut from quite a few anime for being too violent.

DeathNote would never make the cut. It's going straight to shelves. Not that I mind... twisted  

Aristophippos

tini_rini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:14 pm
OMG that would be the end of Death note crying  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:01 pm
I can see it now...

Light: *answers the door whn Misa first arrives*
Misa: Hi Light, I came by to show you my notebook! It's just like yours!
Light: ZOMG, REALLY? Well come on in then! *both go up stairs and cuts out Sayu and their mom's scene about misa's panties*
Misa: I want you to make me your best friend.
Light: *gasp* Okay!
Misa: Yay! Oh, and if you touch my notebook you can see a fairy!
Light: *touches and Rem appears* Woah it's a fairy!!!
Rem: *gets not speaking time* >_>;;
Light: I have a fairy too!
*misa sees Ryuk*
Misa: Well I have to go now, bye! *leaves without the whole kiss scene*
Light: ...Now I'm gonna write in my journal about what a great day I had! x3
[abrupt end of episode]

Or it'd be like...

L: Does [insert replacement name for Kira here] really want us to believe in the existance of fairies?!
Everyone: ...;;

....I think up weird things. eek

duckinahurry1111

chessbless

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:36 am
*shivers* I hope to god that they DON'T. if they do, I'll find a wat to get a REAL deathnote.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:51 pm
sliver wolf demon
*shivers* I hope to god that they DON'T. if they do, I'll find a wat to get a REAL deathnote.

Lol. It will be the end of Viz. XD XD XD  

Ghourry
Vice Captain

Baubles the Shinigami

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:37 pm
OMG hell no. It would on Adult Swim. I would watch the originals on youtube if they got it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:06 pm
Hell no for it being dubbed! Period! Might be easier to understand, but sacrifice that sexy voice acting already in place? Nuh-uh. Not worth it.

I know you can change the language on the DVDs, but I'll be tempted to listen to the dubbed version first.

It'll ruin it for anyone who wanted to convert into a death note devotee! D:  

Dracosilverwolf

Aged Werewolf

tini_rini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:14 pm
Erein-san
I can see it now...

Light: *answers the door whn Misa first arrives*
Misa: Hi Light, I came by to show you my notebook! It's just like yours!
Light: ZOMG, REALLY? Well come on in then! *both go up stairs and cuts out Sayu and their mom's scene about misa's panties*
Misa: I want you to make me your best friend.
Light: *gasp* Okay!
Misa: Yay! Oh, and if you touch my notebook you can see a fairy!
Light: *touches and Rem appears* Woah it's a fairy!!!
Rem: *gets not speaking time* >_>;;
Light: I have a fairy too!
*misa sees Ryuk*
Misa: Well I have to go now, bye! *leaves without the whole kiss scene*
Light: ...Now I'm gonna write in my journal about what a great day I had! x3
[abrupt end of episode]

Or it'd be like...

L: Does [insert replacement name for Kira here] really want us to believe in the existance of fairies?!
Everyone: ...;;

....I think up weird things. eek

GAH they would have done that if they had gotten it!! OMG I'm so glad they didn't... that would've been so funny!!!!  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games