Reply The Crimson Ibis: Dead Threads
Mirage (closed/dead) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:34 pm
((Actually, I started a script, which I lost when I needed to clear my C drive. I was supposed to continue writing them in the summer with James (the person who played Dourage in the MSN RP), but I started working instead.))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:45 am
[[Oh please. Stop your OOC and post. heart ]]  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:47 pm
((I love you too, Q.))

"He's going to diiiie!" Pen whined. Kym winced. She had set her headset a notch too loud. Pen's whining was unbearable, even above the whip and roar of the wind.
"Okay, I have them in my sights." Kym narrowed her eyes at the miniature figures as the hover board sailed across the barren land and brought them closer with every passing second.
"He's bleeeeding!" Pen whimpered.
"Pen, I need you to help me out, here. Give the board a little boost up when I say..."
"Say what?"
"NOW!"
"What? Oh!"
Kym's hover board kicked up a little at the last second and smashed into the Mirage's metal head with a clunk. Kym sailed with the hoverboard over its head as it fell into the dirt.
"Oof!" The petite resistance leader's body slammed into the ground and a little ways away, the hoverboard landed. She quickly got up, adjusting the helmet on her head and rushed over, placing a boot in the face of the already recovering Mirage.
"Come on!" was all she had time to say and she slipped her arms around the dazed Outsider, trying to haul him to his feet.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:54 am
[[I know. We all lurve the Q =p.]]

Tsurai called out at being held. He didn't know how many of his ribs were broken, but he was in massive pain, coughing up more blood as Kym picked him up.

He was sure his 206 pounds of dead weight weren't so easy for Kym to handle herself but, then again, Tsurai's brain wasn't really working efficiently... Was it?

The eighteen year old forced his legs to move, and only barely stood up, waving in his failing balance, grinding his teeth together in pain.

He closed his eyes tightly and waited for this dream to be over.

Where was he, anyway?

[[Sorry, that kinda sucked... =\]]

[[EDIT: how did I mistake a "g" for a 6? Was I high or something...?]]  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:50 pm
Kym was, indeed, struggling with the weight of the guy. She was strong, but she was still small. There was only so much a person her size could haul, but she tried anyway, keeping her foot planted firmly in the Mirage's face as she dragged the Outsider towards her board. She pivoted on the foot in the Type One's face, starting to feel the beginnings of a headache in her temples. It was digging.
"Come on, talk to me. Stay with me. Come on," Kym tried to talk to the guy, more to keep herself focused than anything. Once the Mirage got a hook into her mind, it was going to be hard to continue. She draped one of his arms over her shoulder and supported him that way, rushing for the board at a walk/run, dragging him along.
"Hurry. Come on. You need to help me out. Stay with me, here." Behind her, she was hearing creaking and clanking. The Mirage was getting up.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:07 pm
Tsurai could hear her, and as much as he hated it, he took a large breath, his broken bones sending a horde of pain through his nerves.

Witht his breath, however, he forced himself to practically run in the direction Kym had him facing, not sure and not caring where he was headed to, or why.

At this point, nothing made much sense, and when the oxygen from that one large breath was used in the eighteen year old's bloodstream(which was about 60 seconds later, a painfully long 60 seconds, mind you), he promptly passed out.

[[again, suckage. I don't know what's going on with me.... ><;; ]]  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:54 pm
Kym managed to drag him to her board, which opened up and expanded, as if it knew it had to accomidate an unconcious Outsider. She planted her feet firmly on the hover board, holding the Outsider delicately, but firmly enough. She knew she was out of time. She could almost feel the Mirage prodding at her most painful memories.

"PEN!" Kym knew she wasn't going to be able to take off on her own, so she called on Pen for help just in time. A blinding flash, and Kym was ten years old again, being pushed to the ground.

"Oh my god... Kym!" Dourage, her protector, her hero, her older brother knelt beside her, reaching his arms out to her, but she drew back. She smelled the alcohol on his breath. It disgusted her. "I didn't mean to... I didn't..."

"It's okay..." Kym said, getting up quickly. She knew it was the alcohol that did this to him, but she also knew that he was the one who chose to drink, even when he knew what it did to him. She did bother him and tease him a little, but they always played around like that. He never hurt her before. "I'm going to go find Sharleese..."

"Kym..." Dourage called ater her, but she was already rushing down the hall, putting as much distance between them as possible.

In the background, she heard Ruka's voice. "Hey Dour, what should I do with the booze?"

There was a sigh as she turned the corner, and she heard, "Just put it away, man..."

Once Kym was shaken from the painful vision, she found herself in the air, still holding the Outsider so that he wouldn't fall as the sailed across the sky. Pen had pulled through for her. She glanced back, and the Mirage was just a pinprick in the distance that made it lose its hook into her mind. She relaxed with a sigh and looked forward once again. "Pen, we're going to need the Healing Chamber. Tell Doc to get ready."

"Hey, stay with me, here. Hey, come on." Kym shook the Outsider a little. She was no doctor, but she knew that when a victim went unconcious, it brought in a whole new world of dangers to their condition. "Come on. We're almost there. We're going to get you help, okay? Just stay with me."

((There, punk. You know, you made yourself UNCONCIOUS, but whatever. xp Opening in the post!))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:44 pm
[[I love how you opened that up for me to post, Manda!
/sarcasm. stare

I'm just kiddin'. You know I love ya.]]  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

ReiAngelus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:10 pm
Full name: [Rei Angelus]
Sex: [Male]
Race: [1/2 Chinese 1/2 Japanese]
Birthdate: [December 7th 2025]
Family: [Step-Mother –Dead Killed by Step-Brother Step-Brother –Presumed Alive Father- Dead Mother- Dead]
Height: [6’1]
Weight: [210 lbs]
Eye Color: [Pale Crimson Red]
Hair Color: [Pale Crimson Red]
Hair Texture: [Straight]
Hair Length: [Shoulder Length]
Skin Tone: [Moonlight pale]
Body Frame/Build: [His body is built lean, muscular, and flexible]
Sexual Preference: [Males and Females]
Physical Capabilities: [Can lift his body wait and a little more up to 250]
Inabilities: [Mortal fear of his blood]
Medical Problems: [He has fear of his own blood and a slight cough from smoking cigarettes earlier in life]
Personality: [Rei is quite the flirt with anyone that seems to picks his fancy weather it be male or female always quick to the chase and quicker to get shot down with his sometimes vulgar comments. he always shows the holy fool facade when around other people not wishing to ever talk about his past. Deep down if you get to know him he will open up and show a great concern and vigor towards protecting you and trusting you. One thing he cannot stand at times is the hopeless prattling of people who think to idealistically. He seems good with kids even though he hates when people make fun of his hair or pull on it to get his attention. His favorite phrase to use with people he cares about is Bakazaru. Although he does not speak Japanese, too well he is still trying to learn it so he can become more fluent in it. Oh and he still has a habit to smoke any cigarettes that he may come across.His flirting is his way to make sure he has other people he can count on in a fight or hel him survive he only does it for that reason. He slowly is getting better at trusting people]
History: [Rei grew up mostly in an orphanage after he saw his stepmother killed by his older brother when his mother had tried to kill Rei himself. His arm was still scared from the attempt on his life. His brother left after that fearing the wrath of his father and his father so distraught through Rei out of the house and into an orphanage. When growing up there where he was teased about his eye and hair color by the other kids. He is a good hand-to-hand fighter since he got into fights at the orphanage a lot. He hates the fact he has to run from the Mirage’s but he knows it would be a pointless death. He has a natural distrust of others but the recent events have forced him out of living alone and to search for others to help him survive. [Still a WIP]]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:46 pm
Chi ran, desperate, from that horrid assembly of metal and wires. She had heard about these things. It was a type one. She shivered uncontrollably, as her legs sprinted as fast as they allowed her numb body to go. Painful memories seethed into her head.

Her mind hazed into a dreamlike state as that thing, that horrible monster, pursued her, on the brink of taking ahold.

"Daddy? ¿papá? No puedo dormir. El exterior de los ruidos me está manteniendo despierto. I asustado. Daddy?" (daddy? papa? I can't sleep. the noises from outside are keeping me awake. I'm scared. daddy?)

"Chi, quisiera que usted permaneciera puesto y no me muevo" (Chi, I want you to stay put, and do not move.)

"But--"

Chi's reply was cut short as her father fell to the ground in a hail of gunshot. The crisp staccato of gunfire described the noise of an automatic revolver. Chi froze where she stood, staring into the glazed, lifeless eyes of her father as his glazed, blank gaze seemed to look straight up at her. His mouth was frozen in a scream that had never escaped his lips. Blood trickled from his mouth, and pooled beneath his body in drops of crimson, saturating his white shirt. Chi screamed.

Chi was still running, tears welling up in her emerald eyes, rolling down her cheeks She silently begged her legs to go faster, but they would not. Chancing a look back, her green eyes surveyed the area. There was no sign of the Type One. But there were sure to be more....

((okay, it took me long enough, and I have a horrid writer's block today. My rp's just suck at the moment. stare ))  

Catwagon

Business Businesswoman

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:04 pm
Kym sped over the wreck of a valley town that was set atop the underground base of the resistance. She skimmed over the charred remains of the buildings that had once stood there and sailed over a rather prominent building and into it through its lack of a roof. This building had all four walls still intact, unlike the majority of the buildings left somewhat standing in his abandoned valley town. It hadn't met the blunt end of the Mirage attack on the town. As she headed down towards the floor, it seemed to warp and melt away in one area, opening up into a vertical tunnel into which Kym ascended with the unconcious Outsider. He wasn't responding to her at all. She was getting worried. As the floor closed up above them, they were plunged into complete darkness for a few moments and they ascended deeper and deeper then, finally, the ceiling of the base opened beneath them, flooding the tunnel with light. Kym pulled up the board so that it ascended slower until it landed with a little clang of metal on metal on the base floor.

No sooner had to hit the floor was Doc on the scene with a few Soldiers, who carefully hauled the Outsider's body onto a strecher and hurried him off towards the Med Bay. Doc hesitated in following them, looking over the pale Kym. "Are you okay? Were you hurt? Any bumps or bruises or scratches or-"

"Doc... I'm fine."

"She better be, I've got another person on my radar!" Pen called from the walls of the hallway, making them vibrate slightly.

Kym smiled and kicked her board up again, making it hover inches above the ground. "A woman's work is never done," she said with a wink to the portly, old doctor, who smiled and waved her off, then waddled after the Soldiers towards the Med Bay. And with that, Kym shot up the tunnel once again.

((Q, if you don't remember how the Healing Chamber works, PM me.))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:30 am
[[Yay. Me and Doc. If Tsurai wasn't straight, I bet they would so have an affair or something...]]

Doc took the stretcher with Tsurai on it and took it to the med lab, using Gunther to help him take the eighteen year old from the stretcher to the healing chamber, and strapping him in.

Once this was done, Tsurai was left alone in the capsule-like... Thing, lights swirling about him, causing his body to work harder to heal himself.

It was only about a minute later when the bloodied kid was taken from the healing chamber and put back on the stretcher, rolling it over to the corner of the room, where Doc could keep an eye on Tsurai.

Gunther promptly left mumbling something unheard, and Tsurai was left sleeping for a good three hours.

Doc had figured that it was pointless to put Tsurai in a med bed, considering that all he was going to be doing now was sleeping.

The old man left the kid to work on his own things, mainly finishing an old book he'd already read a good 500 times.  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

Ryuuno Haruka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:45 pm
Akira walked slowly amongst the rubble, grinning. It had been a while since she had run into one of those creatures last and that was always good. Since then she had gotten very good at avoiding them. Then there was the fact that her youngest sister was perched on her shoulders while Keiko and Junko were walking next to her. Not far behind them Akira knew that her father and mother walked hand in hand - much like they had when they were still in Japan.

Okay, sure she felt like she needed a drink and she could hear her stomach gurgling loudly, but all in all it was a good day. Things had gone straight to hell in a handbasket that fateful day. For some reason Akira found that she couldn't remember that day nor a few months after that in the detail she remembered everything else in.

That fact was odd, but not worth dwelling over. Not when she had an actual plan to find a place without the Type Ones and the rest of their kin. Coming from a nation of fishermen, Akira recognised the fact that one could pretty much live in the ocean for the rest of their lives. Everyonce in a while they would have to come to shore for water, but aside from that they would be able to live out there.

Having fled inland after the 'unveiling' Akira wasn't sure if there were any ships on the coast. However, she was willing to gamble her life on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:41 pm
Rei curses at himself in a number of ways and tones as he looks up into the darken sky wondering if it will ever be clear again. He knows its hopeful thinking all along but he still enjoyed it hoping that a happier time was just around the corner. He sighed as the circles under his eyes had gotten darker recently as the building he was sleeping in has collapsed almost on top of him after he woke up this morning leaving a nice long cut on his leg that had since scabbed up. Rei had hoped that the noise hadn't attracted any Mirages to the area becuase he would have had a hard time getting more so then normal.

Rei sighed again kicking a piece of rubble across the barren landscape that was spotted with more or less ruins of what used to be a city. He wondered if he would find any other human contact any time soon. He scanned the surrounding area loking for a glimmer of anything a speck a dot anything that wasn't metallic or the same damn color as the ground. He felt around in his pockets as if looking for something than hit himself in the head "Thats right I don't have any more cigarettes I ran out of them a long time ago I guess some habits are die hard." He sighs and looks at the healing gash on the back of his leg as some blood trickles from it and he shivers and falls to the ground in convulsions(sp?) and quickly tries to get up panting for air as if his body had frozen up completely just at the sight of it. He catches his breath then stands up and starts to walk again his leg limping alittle as he pushes through it and off again searching for something or someplace just a palce to rest.
[OOC: If you see areas in which you think improvement would be good feel free to drop a helpful e-mail.]  

ReiAngelus

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:44 pm
"I got an Outsider in section 700... another in 1300 and another in 1400. They're close together," Pen reported amidst a couple of barely audible clicks and the unmistakeable roll of a chair. She could imagine the robot flying around the floor of Lock Down as she aimlessly switched from view to view in her comple mind. She was capable of multiple conversations at a time, seventy-nine was the most on Kym's last count. She controlled everything from the temperature and the lighting of the base to the traffic in, out, and around the base. Nothing happened inside the base or their Outside World camera areas that Pen didn't know about.

"Pen, get any two people close to sections 1300 and 1400 and switch them over to my channel real quick."

"Right-o, boss," Pen responded, humming while she did as Kym ordered and pretty much guided the board towns 700. Kym heard one beep, then another. "Gotcha Troy and Naomi, camera repairs in 1100."

"Hey, guys," Kym said.

"Kym," answered the very direct Naomi.

"'Sup," greeted Troy.

"I need you guys to pick up two outsiders in sections 1300 and 1400. You know the drill. Pick 'em up, take them to safety, scan 'em..."

"... take 'em to the base, bring 'em to the Med Bay," Naomi and Troy both recited, finishing up Kym's sentence, only Naomi pronounced the whole word "them" while Troy used "'em". It was the same procedure every time, though it had recently changed with the serious threat of Type Twos being attached to Outsiders and unseen internal injuries that could lead to death.

"You're there Kym," Pen informed her.

"Thanks. You got it covered, guys?"

"Gotcha, baby girl," responded Troy. He always called her "baby girl", an innocent little joke about her height -- or lack thereof -- and the fact that she was much younger than most of the people she ordered around.

Naomi, meanwhile, simply switched off. She could never figure Naomi out. She was so withdrawn and stone-faced, but then Kym figured she might be too if she had to witness her own two kids torn apart limb from limb right in front of her eyes, too.

Kym tilted her board down just as a beep indicated that Troy switched off, too and soon came to a skidding hault on the dust and rubble. She squinted her eyes to keep as much of the dust that kicked up out of her eyes as possible Stepping off of her hoverboard, Kym shaded her eyes and looked around.

"Hello?" she called. "Hello, is anyone out there? Can anyone hear me?"

((I PUT MYSELF NEAR CHI. AKAI AND REI AND CLOSE, NOT STEPPING ON EACH OTHER CLOSE, BUT CLOSE. NAOMI WILL BE COMING FOR AKAI AND TROY FOR REI. ANY QUESTIONS, PM/IM ME.))  
The Crimson Ibis: Dead Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff