Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[ORP] New Life in All Shapes and Sizes - CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 7!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:50 am
"Now you're catching on," Itiri replied with a chuckle as Ofra stepped away, only for him to be replaced by Liling. With both his wife (Aphelios) and her friend (Yan) flanking her, he could only assume that the pair happened to have a measure of vested interest in this particular one. Although his mate did briefly turn her attention towards Ofra to provide him with a warm smile.

"Welcome!" she called out as he slipped passed. She hadn't heard which pride he might have found himself in at this stage, but she knew a new member when she saw one and clearly Nche had seen no reason to spurn Ofra on this occasion.
"My sister," Yan said at last and spun round, motioning towards Liling with considerable flourish. A grin and she stepped back, providing Liling with the space she needed to make her aquaintance with Itiri. At that point she too turned her attention to Ofra and gave a wave. It was nice to see new blood, it reminded her of her own roots even if they all arrived here for entirely different reasons.

"Her sister, by the name of...?" Itiri asked, a bemused shake of his head the only indication that he might be accustomed to Liling's sibling's behaviour by now. With his attention now on Liling, it appeared Aphelios and Yan would be left very much to their own devices for the brief time that both the Onyeisi and Amoosu had Liling in their grasp.

MangoMeow

Lethrossen

Pride excluded due to potential self pairing.
  1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nkunwu (apathy)
  12. Uju (grief)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:51 pm
Liling laughed lightly at her sister's antics and then stepped forward to introduce herself. She had been nervous to approach him about joining a second ago, but leave it to Yan to break that mood.

"I'm Liling." She cast a look back at her sister before turning her full attention back to Itiri. Taking a deep breathe, she continued, "I'm looking for somewhere to call home, and... well, I was already interested in joining. It was a surprise to find Yan here too. Perhaps that means that I've definitely found the perfect place."

She paused there to scuff lightly at the ground, clearing her throat, "If that's alright with you too, of course."

Epine de Rose

MangoMeow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Livius was not a gruff lion, but he had seen his fair share of the world and, if he were to be gruff, would have plenty of reason to be. He was born into a pride amidst much turmoil, prophecies coming to a head and the pride ending in a dramatic disbandment when he was still just a juvenile. Eventually, after much time as a rogue, he found his way to a fighting-based pride, which helped him discover a love for using his strength in combat. Not always with some sort of motive, sometimes just to keep his mind as sharp as his claws. Unfortunately, that pride too soon shuddered after he had started working his way up the ranks and overseeing his own sect of warriors. From then up until now, he'd had... nothing. Nothing but lonesome roguehood.

Then, he'd remembered the N'ezi-ozu - a fabled and dark pride taht had always piqued his interests. And so he began to search.

Now, here he was, amidst a grand celebration marking multitudes of good fortune rained down upon the pride. It was electric, and Livius found himself... well, a bit overwhelmed. There was a lot going on, what with the comingling of existent members and the hopefuls looking forward to their chance at joining, connecting with the Seer and Chieftain to ask for permission to join a family. Livius smiled at the sight, his eyes a bit wide - since it had been so long since his own place in a pride, it'd been a while since he'd been surrounded by so many. But he intended to dive on in and make the most of it, as he did with every endeavor.

That was when, as his gaze cast about, he locked eyes on the sight of glinting green. It had always been his favorite color - but this shade looked... wow. He balked a bit as his eyes took in the rest of the lion whose eyes he had taken to staring at: she was magnificent. She was far enough away that she looked sort of slight - then again, he was on the larger side, even for a lion - and she was pale, her left foreleg decorated in beads the same exact color as her eyes.

Oh, was he in trouble.

Deciding he had to talk to someone - and he wasn't ready to be assigned a family yet, to approach leadership and assert his desire to join - Livius decided to move forward and approach her. His limbs felt unusually stiff, but he meandered his way over in what he imagined to be a cool way, and smiled softly as he drew closer. "Are you new here, too, or is that just wishful thinking?" There was a warmth in his eyes, his smile reaching depths heretofore unknown, as he looked upon her. "I'm Livius, I haven't... I need to, but ah, it's kind of overwhelming, huh?" He could feel himself getting warm - overheated and awkward - but stood his ground and hoped she was friendly.

Straye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:49 pm
Mae's eye fell upon a lion who was now approaching roughly from the directly she'd arrived. He had a strong physique and there was a sort of "battle worn" look to him. Like he had seen a great many fights and was all the stronger for them.

His own eyes were scanning the crowd as she observed him. His markings intrigued her, his light pelt blending into numerous rich, natural colors was distinct and drew her in. When his eyes fell upon her, her spring green gaze melted into the rich deep honeyed amber of Fall.

Autumn had always been her favorite season and his eyes reminded her of the color-changing trees that she had grown up beneath. She was captivated and as he moved closer, her slight, elegant, figure felt nearly dwarfed by his warrior's presence.

There was an endearing trepidation in his body language but oh, his smile reached his eyes and they were so kind and so warm. The sincerity she sensed coming from him drew her closer to his stiff form and she brushed her shoulder against his lightly, a rumbling, welcoming purr emanating from her chest.

"As new as the first rays of dawn." She confided, tail swaying peacefully, her ears swiveling towards him in interest. He certainly had a way with words, it drew a bright smile to her own lips and she pressed her nose to his cheek, like a cub reassuring another, her purr growing softer.

"I was putting it off too." She admitted sheepishly. "There are so many here, I worried I might be interrupting." She looked around once more. "Together, perhaps?" She prompted, "I'll feel much braver with a big strong warrior like yourself." She winked, her energy so light and lively and sweet. Her voice was light, like the wind, and her giggle was like the melody of a songbird.

It was clear she was being playful, but there was an invitation in her eyes that also spoke volumes. She was interested in him, and his greeting had won her over. Mae'alla had always been a little shyer in nature - meek, even.

But then - she had never felt a pull towards another lion like she did towards this male with the amber eyes. For most of her life, she'd been alone, especially after the passing of her mother. Now, she was making changes in her life.

New Pride. New Home. New Friends? Maybe more?

She could hope, and she was going to open herself to the possibility of it.

[WC: 420]

RuIerr

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:31 pm
She was coy and shy and beautiful and... inviting. Literally, she invited him to join her in approaching either Nche or Itiri to determine their fate. Together. Livius tried desperately not to see greater symbolism in this - some sort of serendipity - but found himself failing. He'd always been one to believe in a greater fate, and this lioness... something about her was just calling him in.

At her flirtation - a playful comment paired with a wink - Livius chuckled, eyes crinkling as he looked at her, swishing his tail once idly. "If you need a big strong warrior to protect you I daresay you lucked out." He grinned, his mind swirling with the largeness of this moment, the look in her eye, and the looming hand of fate. Honestly, he'd never been horrible with the opposite sex, but he'd never... well, he'd never been mated, which was oft seen as strange for someone of his age, particularly with no offspring to speak of. But maybe he'd just been waiting for something. Some kind of spark, some moment.

Something like this.

He swallowed heavily, blinking away his pleasantly muddled mind, and smiled back down at her brilliant green eyes, looking up at him with such sweet expectation. "Shall we?" It was succinct, and came out confidently, but only because he knew she couldn't hear the pounding in his heart. Finally - finally - it was time.

Straye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:22 pm
(Just so anyone else knows- she is an adult- I just have to re locate it)

User Image The young female was nervous about being away from her family but she wasn't afraid. She had traveled for quite some time and had finally found herself among the Keepers of the Dead, the N'ezi-ozu. She had noted that most of the lions she had seen upon her first arriving were mostly muted and earth toned, but there were a pawful of others that were brightly colored like herself. Which made her feel less out of place, which was nice.

She noticed how everyone was in full celebration for the solstice and this also helped to ease any concerns she might have had. Flicking her tail slowly behind her she followed along some of the other newcomers as they approached a specific set of lions. Slowly she waited until it was her turn to approach and find what family was going to become her new home.

Both lions currently seemed to be occupied so she patiently waited for a moment to approach one of them.

oo DeD

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:32 am
Mae'alla's eyes danced, crinkling at the corners as she laughed softly at his response. Realizing that in her distraction, she'd forgotten to give him her name in return, she ducked her head sheepishly, her forelocks falling into her eyes. "I'm Mae'alla. It's a delight to make your acquaintance today, Livius." Her shoulder brushed along his as she started forward, taking the first few steps towards their new future - brought together by unseen paws that had long ago woven their cords.

Her paws halted only once, turning her head to gaze at him in her peripheral, and as his smile reached her, and their eyes met once more, his invitation of
'Shall we?' was all she needed.

Her paws carried her towards the guiding members of the pride - there had been a few earlier disconcerted gazes directed at Nche from some of the newer lions that she'd observed after first arriving. Some were intimidated by the lion, or at least it seemed that was the case.

Itiri had a great number of lions around him and he seemed occupied, and there was an almost pleasant air that surrounded the group that he was currently engaged with. She didn't want to interrupt, so she moved their path a little aside, so that when she and her new companion approached together, they would come to stop before the Death Priest.

Her energy was calm, her mind focused, and she hoped that the Spirits or Ancestors that guided their decisions looked upon her and Livius with favor and that this place would become a home for the both of them.

[WC: 266]

RuIerr

oo DeD

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:25 am
"Right, right, names......" Yan murmured softly, a wry smile on her lips as she took several steps back to watch the proceedings. When Nche had stared at her she'd been a tiny bit put out, but now that she could see the events unfold she was more curious than anything. Like, did the Priest look a certain way, did he twitch, did his eyes glow in a way she wasn't privy to when under his spell?

Suffice to say she was about to be disappointed.

"A sign, perhaps?" Itiri smiled and glanced over his shoulder briefly towards his otherwise quiet companion. If there had been any sign of reservation from the priest then Itiri hadn't seen it and within a few moments he had returned his case to the lioness. "It appears that you are to join the Elo family," he said and held out a small piece of bone and something that looked similar to thread.

"You'll be sure to give her an appropriate tour of her new home, yes?" he pried and lifted his eyebrow at Yan.

The young lioness snorted back into the present with a 'buh?' and then a 'uh huh uh huh' which wasn't the most coherent of responses but he took that as at least an acknowledgement that her brain would catch up eventually.

MangoMeow

It seemed that his day wasn't quite over yet as more lions gained confidence to approach him. They came by at regular intervals and then in a sudden burst until it became necessary for him to pay attention to the order they had begun to appear. Suffice to say they were all popping up like daisies at this point. Fortunately he had been reasonably quick to catch on and it was because of this that he soon motioned to Vishaka and motioned for her to step forward.

"I believe you are next if your intention is to walk with us in future?" he hazarded with a warm smile.

He was aware of at least three more lions in need of his attention, one female and two males, but he would cross that bridge when he came to it. At least one of them he was already familiar with and knew that patience was his forte.

AstoriaFallen

Rulerr
I'm not sure if I saw Livius's form in the app thread, can you post it for me just so I can sign it off? I have the memory of a fish so I need the forms so I can double check for any excluded families (in case you're plotted to mate with someone) so that I don't accidentally roll them! If you have posted just requote it for me because I'm stupid.

Straye
Same as Rulerr, can you just fill in the form in the joining thread so that I can approve it? I just need a record of any restrictions on the rolls so that I don't mess up any plots that you might have for your girl. <3 If you've already posted can you try requoting me because I'm having a dumb moment. n_n

Epine de Rose

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:07 pm
Epine de Rose
Straye
Same as Rulerr, can you just fill in the form in the joining thread so that I can approve it? I just need a record of any restrictions on the rolls so that I don't mess up any plots that you might have for your girl. <3 If you've already posted can you try requoting me because I'm having a dumb moment. n_n

No Worries! I totally forgot; that's on me! <3

Here's her joining post!

Here's his too!

Thank you biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:22 pm
[will fill in for my boy and sadiki here soon just wanted to reserve a post lmoa]  

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 am
User Image

Eeru took in a tempered breath. She had been content standing at the edge of the collection of lions for a long while, now. It was in her nature to be more of an observer than to really dive into conversations. Not that she didn't enjoy them. She just felt as though here, along the edges, she could really absorb everything that was happening. Get a good lay of the land. Really feel out who everyone was. She enjoyed trying to piece together personalities of others from the way they moved. They way they interacted with others. Were they genuine, or did they change faces once they were able to finish a conversation?

And maybe it was a little bit of her not really liking this whole "hang out with the gang" thing. Maybe that's why she was perfectly content being on her own. But the days of solitude out be oneself was wearing, after a while. And let's be real. Having only yourself to rely on was a chore month after month.

So she steadied herself and eyed down the ones she was to approach. The dark lion with an air of regality about him and the sand-colored one with the mismatched eyes.

After a moment to herself, she wandered towards Itiri, lingering where she thought she might be in the peripheries of his vision without interrupting his conversation.

User Image
Contrary to the monochromatic lioness with the dark eyes, Nchekwube was thrilled to be once again welcoming rogues to their lands. At this point he had gotten used to the staredown that occurred when he was separating lions into their intended families. He'd honed his abilities some, so it wasn't quite as long as it was before. Hopefully it was a little less... daunting? Who was to say. Maybe he was just getting used to being a creep who stared into your eyes.

Nevertheless, he looked comfortable at Itiri's flank, occacionally staring someone down and leaning over to whisper to the Onyeisi. It may have looked... strange, but he was certainly having a good time.

Nchekwube is now available to be approached for family placement!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:38 am
Bulk Rolling Here!

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 7!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:40 am
Rolling for Jo
  1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:41 am
Rolling for Livius
  1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 1!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:42 am
Rolling for Mae'alla
  1. Agadi (old age)
  2. Agha (war)
  3. Aghugo (treachery)
  4. Aguu (famine)
  5. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  6. Elo (venom)
  7. Odachi (disaster)
  8. Mberede (accident)
  9. N'anya (love)