Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:14 pm
Adenah ll 6

"I heard 'bout people swimmin' in the ocean 'efore."
When she walked she clasped her hands behind her little body, acting as demure as a little rugrat could. The concept of swimming in anything smaller than that was...a little awe inspiring.

"You'll like him. Tes is a really funny guy and he makes the best food. Can you make food, cousin Zyphire? It's important." The little stuck out her bottom lip, focusing solely on him for a moment. In her world there was little more important than a well prepared breakfast!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:28 pm
Sabra Knight
Dris ll 6

"Play around all you want, but do not ask for advice on where to pick up girls from Tes. Just...just don't." Dris'rynne wasn't entirely sure where that water lout found half of his conquests but she certainly didn't want him influencing the teenager anymore than he was bound to.

She grinned a little at his reaction to work, and passed under a clay archway. "Busy hands means a busy mind. And besides, you would be bored of lounging about the city in no time. There's only so much you can do on a little bit of coin. You'll have to talk to Tes about the particulars; right now, we'll just worry about getting home and getting settled in."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:04 pm

"Oooh?" Zyphire nodded, "Then you know about the true goals of life. Swimming is one of them." The shifter stretched his arms behind him, "Swimming in Jahaur was the best - the waters are warm and even if you don't like it the rains will make certain it feels like you're swimming anyways."

"Can I make food?" Zyphire raised a brow, "Of course. How else would Talisia survive?" The shifter rubbed the back of his neck, "Constantly fawning over beasts instead of taking more care of herself." His gaze flickered back towards Dris, "Noted." Of course he was definitely going to ask Tes now. It was all too tempting, "You would be surprised." He quipped back, "But I suppose having a bit of extra coin won't hurt either. Just let me know what to do until I perhaps find something to pass time myself later on." Not that he was planning on living here permanently. It was just a trip to get away from the cold and give Talisia some room with her friend who had returned. And those interactions were definitely not on his list of things to see - ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:09 pm
Dris ll 7
Swimming in Jauhar. Now there was something she hadn't done in ages. It had been so long since Dris'rynne had gotten out of Oba that it almost felt as if she would never get to see her homeland again. Just hearing about it made her reminiscent. She remembered running with her sisters down into the swimming holes, chasing after them and snatching one up before jumping into the deep waters.

Hopefully she could do that one day with her girls as well.

"How was she, when you left? She sends me letters, but it's not the same thing as seeing her face to face. Is she well? Is she still by herself?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 pm
Sabra Knight

Adenah ll 7

As they rounded a familiar building excitement began to build up in the little one. She knew this street! And that was old man fat butt's house! Which meant they were closer to home than ever!

"If you're from Jauhar, how come you're staying in Zena? Do you really like the cold, like Auntie Tally?"
Of course, when she spoke of cold, the word was fairly foreign on her tongue. The 'coldest' Adenah had ever been was when a passing mage had made it rain to please some of the local children and his magic had given the water a chill.

"Until you gets work you can play with Ani and me! It'll be lots of fun!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Zyhpire glanced over at Dris'rynne. "She's doing well. Honestly she really wants to come out and visit, but she's got that animal sanctuary. There needs to be someone else that can actually help her do all the things that she does, but she won't listen." The shifter frowned, "She's stubborn like that and uh...she's by herself with me and the beasts you mean." Nope, he would let her mention any man herself. The last thing the boy needed was a hybrid on his a** about a slip of the tongue. And who knew maybe the guy was a good friend and that was all. Uh-huh. Suuure.

Shaking the thoughts from his head Zyphire smiled down at the girl, "Sure." Not like he would admit to his own lack of family, save for a crazed aunt wanting him dead, but that was besides the point. "You can build men with the snow and also throw snowballs at each other. You guys should come see it sometime."

Zyphire chuckled, "Fun? I guess I'll have to trust ya." Who knew? He would come out here to babysit? Oh well - couldn't complain. A small child was far cuter -so far- than a pile of animal muck.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:39 pm
Adenah ll 8

"I wanna see her." Adenah had heard about Auntie Tally, but she hadn't seen her yet. She hadn't seen any Aunts or her Uncle, despite being told they were sure to love her! If they cared so much, why weren't they here? At least Auntie Tally was busy; but where was everyone else?

"I thought snow was wet? How can you build stuff outta it if it's wet?" The little one furrowed her brow and puckered her bottom lip, as if the whole thing sounded way too silly to her!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:43 pm
Sabra Knight

Dris ll 8

Dris'rynne nodded, as if it all made sense to her. She herself had been too busy with her own work before the girls to travel much, and now...well, it just wasn't feasible with two little ones. "Maybe when you and Ani are older we'll go up North to see her. I'm sure she would like that."

Trying to convince Tes to go North would be interesting, to say the least. How would he fair in all that snow?

"Well, this is it." Dris'rynne motioned to the rather large building before her. It was communal, with several different floors and people milling around the front. "We live on the third level, so I hope you're used to stairs."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:00 pm
Painted Moose

"And she would love to see you." Zyphire nodded, "Maybe you all can come up to Zena one day. The snow is really pretty and I can teach you exactly how you can make things out of it even though it's wet." He teased lightly, "Plus your aunt has lots of animals to see and play with." If he wasn't mucking stalls all the time then perhaps he would even find the suckers cute. Well he did, but at the same time he wouldn't admit that too easily!

As they walked along Zyphire just glanced about. He was glad that he had shed his jacket in favor of an open vest and loose pants. It was far easier to move in the heat with those instead of furs, "Third level, eh?" The boy glanced up at the building, "Definitely will be a first in this type of setting. I hope your neighbors aren't loud. I'm guessing it's not completely yours that is, right?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:49 pm
Dris ll 9

Dris'rynne wasn't sure how much she liked the idea of her little one being so far away from her, especially in an icy tundra like Zena, but she knew if Talisia was there she would be safe. Zyphire was still too new around her to feel that same sense of trust, but Talisia wouldn't have sent him here if she didn't vouch for his integrity.

"Ade would love that, wouldn't you sweetie? She's always enjoys seeing the soldiers with their mounts and the creatures they keep in the market." Of course she didn't show her daughter the darker side of the market; the animals that were smuggled from foreign lands. She only took the little ones around the respectable breeders, and most times they were friendly enough that the girls could pet them, get it out of their system and Dris'rynne didn't have to bring one home.

"It's fairly common in Oba, to have homes crammed on top of each other. Living in the city means you have to give up a few luxuries; such as space from your neighbors. Thankfully ours aren't too loud." She led the way into the building, passing a few Obans chattering in the lobby that waved at her, then at Ade and stopped, pausing to openly inspect Zyphire.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:57 pm
Sabra Knight

Ade ll 9

"You should SEE what they ride! They're jaja's and I bet they can break through walls." Momma said that their heads were so tough they probably could, and Adenah thought that it had to be true, given how scary the janarim actually were. She was half tempted to be truly afraid of the beasts, but the urge to be in sheer awe of them power was far greater.

She wanted to go to Zena and see the animals and Auntie Tally and all the snoow- Adenah stopped talking long enough to see the old bitties who lived on the second floor stop their talk to look at Zyphire. Something about one of the woman reminded the little girl of something. So, she grabbed what was left of her water skin and handed it over.

"Here you go! Momma said that ever since your hubby died you get real thirsty lookin' at guys, so here you go."

"T-that isn't-!" The older woman was too flabbergasted to say much. She had just been taken aback by seeing another shifter in the building, and hadn't been thinking of the youngster in that light at all, not that the little one knew.

Adenah just kept smiling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 am
Painted Moose

Zyphire shook his head, "Well good thing I don't care if others see what I do." He smirked. Attention was definitely his thing. And boy did he love to hog it - he just hoped that some of those neighbors were attractive, "Well I'm used to sharing space with a few creatures, so surely it'll be similar." He quipped back before glancing at Adenah.

"The jaja's huh? Well then wait until you see the mamu. You can touch the stars from their backs they stand so tall." He teased lightly, "So definitely if your mom wants to come visit we'll have to arrange something with Aunt Tali." If he could get her off the mage who had come up north. Zyphire groaned at the memory before Adenah's next act got his attention.

"Oh?" The shifter grinned knowingly before offering a small wink towards the women, "That's fine, hehe. Come on Adenah now that you've done your good deed let's go show me where I'm staying at, okay?" He smiled at Dris before reaching out for the little girl's hand so that he could be dragged along.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:48 am
Dris ll 10

Dris'rynne wasn't sure what to make of her daughter. She widened her eye, then just as quickly shook it out and prayed for patience.

She stepped out of the way so that Adenah could lead the way, a little quirk of a smile taking place on her face. At least her little one was having fun, and Zyphire seemed to be giving into her, which was nice on his part, but Dris'rynne knew he would regret it one day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:53 am
Sabra Knight
FIN

Ade ll 10

"The jaja's are so biiiiiig, you have to see them. Not now, but later."
She would have to make sure that Ani was with them when they went to go see them, or maybe Talori! Maybe both! Zyphire was a big kid; surely he could handle all three of them, right?

"I want to see alll the mammu!"
Touch the stars from their backs?! How cool was that! She tugged on his hand, bringing him to the stairwell that would take them up to their apartment. "You have to tell Ani bought them; she'll love it. Oh, oh, and we can share stories with you too, all bout-"

And Adenah went on and on, talking as much as she could while leading the way to their little home.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:44 am
Sounds like a plan. Zyphire smirked at Dris as her daughter continued on, "We will definitely see all of the mammu you want. Maybe too many that you'll get bored of them." He teased lightly as they continued walking. But oddly enough he was finding himself looking for such a visit. Odd how family got to him so easily...But zyphire wasn't complaining not at all.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff