Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:23 am
Glowy Cat

Username : The Dawn of Twilight
Soquili's Name : Cyrus
For Cyrus the Great from the Book of Dream Visions, etymology "Sun" or "One who bestows care" in Persian.
Position in Herd : Mortal whom everyone would assume could become a Champion due to his physical nature... only time will tell.
Original Member or Joined Member : Original Member
Soquili's History : He was prayed for by a dream creature made real after being quite persistent in their efforts to be seen. Though they joined the herd for a time and were extremely devout in their converted beliefs, they did not last long among the living when a sickness limited to a single soul struck them after a Nightmare wandered into the lands... a Nightmare from that herd-member's past, who remembered them but was not greeted in kind. The body of the one who raised him was never found... Was the sickness a real thing, the body disposed of for fear of disfavor falling upon others, or a ruse to cover up the shame of a dream made real choosing to leave the lands due to the temptation of deep-buried memories coming to light?**
Cyrus was studying with his peers at the time, too young to really remember, raised to believe that he was blessed to be spared from Oneiroi's ill content and feeling himself rather invincible as a result.
Soquili's Personality: A bit of a trickster at heart, he is regularly seen playfully spooking dream visions that wander through the lands of the living. It appeals to his sense of whimsy, to pop in and out of the mist with his glowing eyes so that he appears the ghostly vision... his hobby often means that, other than those who patrol the area, he is the first to see a Nightmare come through- in those times, he will fade quietly back to run and alert the Champions or Guardian (whomever can be first found) to ensure the safety of the living from the torments of one who actually is a creature of terror.
His fun is limited to those who are not among the living; he would never cause torment that would do lasting psychological harm to another, and he believes that vanishing dreams are no more than fleeting creations who disappear after he has his fun. If one were to stay, instead of fleeing... as those who prayed for him did so long ago... perhaps he would think differently.
Potential Plots or Future Visions Anyone who looks at his form, well-honed by his stealthy movements and physical exploits, would see the potential for a Champion. However, he may be a little too free-moving to fit in with their ranks, though there would certainly be use for making the unofficial sentry more committed to his role.

So Real... too real to be just a Dream. I really want him to recruit one of the dream creatures he tries to spook, who would stand his/her ground despite the strange catlike equine taunting them from the mist. Cyrus would see them as far too spirited and strong to be just a spirit, as they saw through his tricks (or, if they didn't, simply showed an uncharacteristic bravery for those who normally vanish back into the dream world beyond). He'd bring him/her back, and the process of trying to have his strong-willed whisper made Real would give him the process to mature a bit... and try to find his place in the Herd.

Racing Dreams While foals nearing adulthood are out of a learning trip near the edges of the lands, a Nightmare appears who is too speedy to allow even Cyrus to flee to warn the others. Instead of running to alert the nearest trained soul, he tries to stand his ground and protect those he loves. I imagine a Champion would accompany such a journey, so if they were watching elsewhere then Cyrus would only have to hold out for long enough for them to arrive at the scene of commotion. This would be his first taste of using his natural appendages to fulfill what may be his destiny...
He would have come along for fun, to dance around and watch young minds marvel at how lucky they are to be among Oneiroi's chosen, and instead he would find a serious calling.
... from there, he could either enter training to refine his skills (he's already served them as a bit of a sentry) or learn on his own by watching them in companionable secrecy (they're too well-trained not to notice even his presence, but perhaps the protectors wouldn't object to him observing in good will) for a time before being invited in. He may have begun the test, but it was finished by another... so who's to say Oneiroi's will?
(If and Oracle wanted to intervene on his behalf, if they do that, i'd love it! 8D Woo interlacing plots!)

Memories How real are memories, being the mind's conjuring of the past easily swayed by perception and doubt? Bringing an outsider into the herd may trigger stirrings of images from the one who prayed for him's slow decline... and he may seek the story of the one he brought to be made real, from sheer curiosity. Reminding them of their illusory life may not be treated kindly, even from one who started them on the journey to find life, and he'd return to his training in good faith.
As a sidenote, despite his wondering he would never wander outside the DreamWalker lands or be 'lost' to them in that way- due to shared beliefs, he would never Choose to die. He's curious, but he is too strong of faith and will to live to ever lose himself in a dream!
This may simply get him to wonder more keenly about what makes the gods chose one soul over another, and how to best nurture the most-favored qualities in others while respecting them as individuals.

Forgiveness and New Beginnings I'd like him to begin his new role in the herd at a Spring Festival, whether he's accepted as a Champion or interactions with other herd members begins to lead him on another path. Even if he becomes more suited to another role, I think he'd always act as a 'back-up' for those who are the guardians of the herd... due to his training and loyalty, if nothing else.

** Wandering Soul. Rather than leaving his past all to mystery, I do actually have a wanderer who 'disappeared' or vanished from his son's lives for a time. I think it would make a neat little package if he disappeared due to his stay with the Herd. He would have taken truly ill, and perhaps been spirited away by a Dream... they could easily explain this as a falling of favor (perhaps due to playing songs and stories from outside the lands? things that remain in muscle memory even though they are now seen as but a dream?) and his vanishing would be mourned as the death of one who tried but failed to keep the Gods' favor.
He, Muriwai, is a charming and persistent bard, gentle and kind, and i've always wanted a bit of mystery and intrigue to his past... so, if you're willing, i'd love to play out and anchor Cyrus' past to another family of mine. heart
If not, i'd completely understand, I just thought that given the nature of his past i'd offer a soul to fill the role. xd I also thought that, given that Muriwai was wished back into the Soquilli lands by his two biological sons' plea to the Wishing Star, adding another layer of dreamy wonder to his return would lend an interesting dynamic- and bestow a weary soul upon one who has been through so much in his time. As for the character who returns from his past, a friend or even vision of one of his sons would suffice... unless someone has an idea for how to tie a diseased/temporarily sick character in to the story?

Best of luck to all, and thank you for the chance to dream and join the herd, Jet! whee heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:23 pm
Space Bird

Username : The Dawn of Twilight
Soquili's Name : Malakhi
From the Hebrew word for Angel.
Position in Herd : Mortal, flitting through positions though though most commonly acting as a Collector. He may some day suited to becoming a Shepherd, passing on his lifetime's learning as well as the basic tenants of the herd (the only firm anchor in him).
Original Member or Joined Member : Original member.
Soquili's History : Wished into being by one longing for a faithful spirit, a good student who would always listen and learn. Dreams of greatness, or of solidity of interests, were not included.
Malakhi, the little angel student, was raised learning and taking to heart every one of the Herd's tenants. He learned many things, and soon began to create his own path to learning by taking knowledge from any herd member- observing how to gather herbs and prepare them, discovering what it meant to put another's life above one's own, even how (in theory, for he could never truly do that) one might translate the will of the Gods... though, that last part was mostly just the dawning awe and awareness of how, though all are Chosen, some are more Favored than others.
He was Blessed with the ability to learn, to retain information far better than most, but he was not gifted with the clear sight of his own path. He was interested in so many things, pulled in so many directions by curiosity and the will to know more, that he never... really... stopped being a student.
At least, not so far...
Soquili's Personality: Fluidity of mind and spirit, he rarely settles in any one place- or on any one thought. Though firm in his Beliefs (he was, after all, chosen by Oneiroi to be among the living- and surely no one would be selected without some grand Purpose!) he is always flitting from one idea to the next, more a tinkerer than a builder and more a purveyor of ideas than a philosopher who could focus on one thing for a length of time.
He is bright, attentive, and a very good listener- he also loves to learn. For nothing more than the willingness to have him as a shadow for a day (or an hour, a minute, however long his attention is caught) he will do any task or offer any aid in his power. He may develop a slightly impish quality, disappearing from one to another task and seeming to lack commitment if his mind wanders... but he can be a very loyal friend.
Potential Plots or Future Visions
First off, I would be thrilled if he had been dreamed into being by the Herd's teacher wishing for a 'perfect student'. xd He has an agile mind and is always willing to learn something new, but his changing nature means that settling into one role within the herd will take.. time. Much time, too much perhaps- how would other herd members see him? Quaint and accepted, a loving member who is loyal and good to others- or a simpleton who one must greet with a pleasant smile? I would love to explore his character with various herd members, and use those interactions as jumping points to explore another thought, idea, or literal path with him.
He'd be my changing boy, and i'd look forward to seeing where he may take us.

The importance of commitment and a true heart.
I want him to be trusted with an important task, or at least one that must be done quickly or other steps in a sequence depend upon, close to the Spring festival. I want him to get distracted, and leave the task unfinished.
The herd member for whom the chore was for will be justifiable irritated but, thinking themselves the better for it, will forgive him as is customary during the Forgiveness Festival. Malakhi shall feel utterly terrible, and have trouble forgiving himself and starting the next year without some lingering effects from this... but he will try to take a valuable lesson from it. It's important to keep his wandering mind under control, especially when entrusted with the completion of a deed from another.

Whatever you need, I am here.

Even if he doesn't actually carry the official title, he flits from duty to duty and fulfills any deed the herd needs as best he can. Whether they trust him because others are too busy to handle something minor or a lesser-populated role is high in demand and the only person qualified to do it needs a helping hoof, he's there. Stubbornly, determinedly, and with newfound will to control his own roaming nature, he is there... whatever, whenever, and wherever he is needed.
He will learn to control his impulsiveness, and how to save thoughts for later- not to rush off after them the moment they burst into life in his ever-active mind.

Dreams among the living.
Eventually, he'd be so well-accustomed to the herd he grew up in, knowing the ins and outs of everything in the land, that he'd get a little... curious. Of the outside world. Though he'd never chose to leave, he'd be more and more excited whenever a Dream flitted through- such stories! such vibrancy in the tales! such.... ah, but it's just a dream, isn't it?
He'd become dejected with the idea and return to the well-known inhabitants of the herd, preferring to spend his time on something real than get lulled in by the enticements of fantasy beyond life. But, oh, whenever a new herd member is invited in- oh yes, you can be sure he'd be all over them! heart

Dreams of my own.
I want him to find his purpose. He may have no idea what it is now, but I think he'd be a good teacher... as soon as he matures enough to be more focused on his pupils.
With that in mind, I would love for his interactions with other herd members and even dream beings to subtly alter this goal, and i'm sure he wouldn't be ready to settle down for a few years IC (and at least a year of OOC stories).

Open heart, open mind.
Eventually he may find love, whether with an equal or of a fatherly variety, but whether that is part of his path or a future destination remains undetermined.
I like leaving a little wiggle room, and I would enjoy exploring his character with others. heart

The Dawn of Twilight

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:15 pm
Space Bird

Username : Kaya Wolf Moon
Soquili's Name : Anastasius (Meaning: Reborn)
Position in Herd : Champion
Original Member or Joined Member : Joined as an elder foal/young adult
Soquili's History : Livius began life as the eldest foal of a Lifemated pair. His parents loved him and his siblings dearly, and they constantly strove to provide and nurture. Their love was stronger than anything in the world. That is, until a curse was placed upon his mother by a jealous mare. The mare wanted everything that Livius’ mother had built and so had sought out a shaman to do her bidding. She then lured her unknowing victim away from the family under the guise of a berry-picking endeavor. No sooner than the pair were out of sight did the jealous one spring her trap, thrusting the accursed powder upon her supposed friend. The change was instant. Livius’ mother was no more, instead replaced with someone harboring an intense rage and bloodlust. Despite his father’s greatest efforts, the mare would see the happiness around her destroyed. The rays of light and hope shattering instantly as Livius’ father failed to protect his family. His youngest sibling fell instantly to the suddenly mighty teeth. His other sibling lost amidst the chaos that ensued.

As for Livius himself, he managed to escape the madness by clambering through a small hole in the cave that had once been his home. The hole deposited him onto a hidden path that Livius blindly followed until he could no longer run from lack of breath and energy. Exhausted, he collapsed in a densely forested area, curling into a small ball underneath the brush in an attempt to hide. The horror of what had happened fresh in his mind, causing him to shudder and tremble in fright. His tired mind could not take the strain and so sent him into a deep slumber. For how long he rested, Livius did not know. He awoke to find that the sun had fallen below the horizon to be replaced by the radiant moon. A soft lilt drifted upon the wind, urging him to seek it out. He did not have far to look. A fair mare wandered amongst the trees. She sang to them and to the creatures inhabiting them. Livius felt himself inexplicably drawn to her. Emerging from his hiding spot, he stood rooted to where he stood until her gaze fell fully upon him. Minutes passed before either spoke to the other. Indeed, it took the mare speaking first before Livius would say anything in turn. Their conversation was brief in the end, with it being decided that the young foal would be tended to by the mare till he was of age.

And so Livius found a new mother. Or so he had hoped. One particularly dreary day, after he had just entered later foalhood, he happened across the mare in deep discussion with another. Livius had never seen the stallion before. His sinister appearance instantly struck a chord deep within the young one. Concerned for his adoptive mother, Livius strode toward the pair with purpose. He would defend her from the evil one. Noble as his intentions were, they were all for naught. During the confrontation, a cackling laugh issued forth from the mare. She explained in great detail the plan that she concocted and set into motion. All so that she might steal another’s joy. The plan, unfortunately, had gone awry. But the mare still found fortune when she found Livius, alive and unharmed. Motherhood had not suited her well it seemed, though, for she found herself growing tired of Livius by the day. Thus the arrival of the dark shaman.

Livius’ mind fell into torment once more. Tears streaming down his cheeks, he fled from the duo into the ominous storm. He ran for miles, not daring to stop until the sounds of trampling hooves faded completely. For the second time in his life, Livius barely managed to escape with his life. And, for the second time in his life, he found himself completely lost and alone. No place to call home and nobody to call family. His future looked bleak. His body teetered on the verge of collapse, his heart and soul on the verge of breaking entirely. That is when he heard them. The voices in the mist that now encapsulated him. So caught up in his sorrow, Livius failed to realize his sojourn into the impenetrable wall. He stumbled around for what felt like hours, seeking out the owners of the voices. Both wary yet hopeful. At last, the stallion emerged from the wall of mist into a vast clearing. The owners of the voices were clear as the setting sun. They moved towards him curiously but remained cautious in their advances.

Livius saw no signs of ill will aimed at him. It was a nice change of pace from his past. There was much conversation to be had about Livius and his arrival in the realm. He listened as the others spoke, ears pricked in keen interest. Ultimately, it was declared, the beings known as the Oneroi had brought him to the realm and given him life amongst the herd known as the Dreamwalkers. He would be allowed to stay and learn of their ways. To embrace all that the Dreamwalkers hold dear. This declaration sparked something more was within Livius. All of the pain that he had carried with him seemed to vanish instantaneously. No longer did he feel the pangs of betrayal, guilt, and sorrow. Inner peace, tranquility, and passion soon welling up in their places. He felt like a new stallion. From the ashes of a darkness, he arose to become a champion for the light. Thus, no longer would he be known as Livius, whose life was marked by betrayal and pain. Henceforth he would be known as Anastasius, whose aspirations would be to fight for the weak and protect the ideals and virtues of the herd.
Soquili's Personality: Anastasius is a seeker of knowledge and passion. He is always getting into something, always seeking to learn and to train. Nothing seems to slow him down and he enjoys expressing his views and opinions on various matters. A challenge of intellect or of strength almost always interests him, and he can often be found engaged in such activities. When not studying or training, Anastasius can likely be found lying underneath his favorite tree near the river, singing lullabies long forgotten to the young ones. It is a talent that he has only since rediscovered thanks to the Oneroi.

Although Anastasius is usually a calm and light-hearted individual, there is one thing that he can absolutely not stand. It is the belittling of his herd and their beliefs. Anyone who voices such blasphemies in front of him will quickly find themselves the target of his ire. Likewise, he does not like others who belittle someone’s dreams or aspirations. To do so only serves to drive his fervor. Never speak ill of someone in front of him lest ye be ready for a lesson on decency.

Aside from this occasional flare of temper, Anastasius is a devoted stallion and true friend. He is strongly guided by his conscience and instincts, believing that it is the Oneroi speaking, and has a keen perception of what is right and wrong. His choice making skills are heavily marked by his previous life in the dream realm, which forced him to grow up at a young age. Anastasius is not perfect and so does make mistakes from time to time, but he chooses to learn and grow from these experiences.

The Awakening- Livius is a confused and tormented soul. His life has been riddled with pain and sorrow, and he just doesn’t know how much more he can take. The young stallion has fled into the mountains as he contemplates the value of his life. He is on the brink of slipping into the darkness when an unusual sound reaches his ears. Livius’ curiosity gets the best of him in the end, and he follows the sound to the land of the Dreamwalkers. He is entranced by all that he sees. And there is something more. The darkness within his spirit seems to have dissipated and he feels reborn amongst these Soquili. His journey as a newly created has just begun. What does the future have in store for him?

The Declaration- Anastasius has become a quick study in the ways of the Dreamwalkers. He constantly studies their interactions, takes to heart their words, and follows their examples. Never before has he been able to experience something with such fervor. His heart leaps with ecstasy at each opportunity to learn. Anastasius is truly a new being. And, as the Spring Festival draws near, he recognizes that the time will soon come for him to declare his path in life. The Oneroi have yet to give him insight into what this must be. Concerned, the young stallion seeks the advice of the Oracles. What will they say? Is Anastasius truly prepared for what the Oneroi have in store for him?

The Temptation- Training for his new path is going exceedingly well for Anastasius. He has taken it like a fish to water, having received the Oneroi’s favor in this area. However, not all is well within the realm. A new dream has appeared and she is causing a disturbance among the herd. Anastasius is sent to investigate with the other Champions. But nothing could prepare him for what awaits. The vision bears a striking resemblance to someone from his past. Someone he had all but forgotten in his new life. She seeks him out to bring him home, but Anastasius cannot listen. She is but a dream after all. One who seeks to undo his happiness and tempt him into the dream realm. How will he handle the collision between his past and his present?

The Prayer- The Oneroi have blessed Anastasius with a mate. She is just as devout and kind as he, but with an inner strength that shines even brighter. He cannot believe his great fortune. And so, the two press onward in life together, praying for the great ones for new dreams to be made reality. The Oneroi hear and provide their desires. Enraptured, the new parents coddle their children, unaware that danger lurks. For a nightmare has found its way into the lands and it seeks to cause destruction where it can. Anastasius joins up with his fellow Champions to drive this threat away. They manage to do so, but at a price. In all of the chaos, one of the baskets is stolen. Neither he nor his mate can find it anywhere within the Dreamwalker realm, searching high and low. Distraught, the pair question what it is that they did to offend the Oneroi. Were they too proud in their newly created children? Or are the Oneroi testing them for some unforeseen event?

The Reunion- Anastasius is older and wiser now. The ways of the Dreamwalkers have long since been etched into his very soul. He has loved, he has lost, and he has been thankful. Although he remains happy, there is a part of him that still yearns to know what became of his stolen child. The stallion has prayed to the Oneroi for knowledge so that he may know complete peace. For years the Oneroi have not given an answer. For years Anastasius has felt the pangs of guilt for being unable to save his loved one. Things are about to change, however. One summer morn, a bit of news reaches Anastasius’s ears. Yet another dream has appeared and become a reality. It has claimed that it belongs to the herd yet no one has laid claim to its creation. With a spark of hope, Anastasius joins the others to lay eyes on this new creation. What will come of this meeting? Will it be everything that Anastasius hoped it would?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:14 pm
Fluffy Tailed Angel

Username : Dea and #Teddy#
Soquili's Name : Ayla (meaning moonlight)
Position in Herd : Shaman
Original Member or Joined Member : Joined member
Soquili's History : Ayla had grown up as the only child born to her father and mother, leaders of one of the herds in the plains. It was thought the filly would take the place of her parents one day, so she was trained to be a leader most of her foal hood. When she reached adulthood, she decided that she wanted to get out into the world and actually explore it. Her parents knew they couldn't tie her to the herd, so with their blessing, she was off to see what the world had to offer.

After about a year of seeing the world, she got lost in the mountains. Trying to find her way out, she stumbled upon a path she hadn't noticed before. There seemed to be a bit of fog surrounding it, she was curious where it might lead. So her curiosity got the best of her as she walked down the path, coming to a herd of Soquili. She tried to find out who they were, but they seemed to act like she wasn't even there. It took a few weeks of just watching them, to catch bits and pieces of information. The more she learned, the more she wanted to learn, even if she was not crazy about them 'ignoring her.'

Eventually, at the end of those few weeks, she was prayed into 'existence,' since she had been around long enough. When she was, she was sent to one of the shepherds, to learn about the herd. It was then she learned it was called the Dreamwalker herd and they had 'ignored' her before because she had just been seen as a dream. The mare seemed to border between thinking this group was nuts and finding it all fascinating. At first she rebelled against it, telling them there was more out there. The herd thought she was just new, so of course she was not going to understand things the way they did. Just as she was about to leave, she ran into a stallion. She didn't know why, but he made her decide to stay here and become a shaman.
Soquili's Personality: Ayla is an interesting combination of sweet and fiery. She is always there to help others, but she has no problem with putting someone in their place. This has come in handy with her job as a shaman because sometimes those she has to treat need a firm hoof to get them to stay put. She also is quite curious, wanting to learn everything there is about those around her. Since becoming part of the herd, she has learned every member of it, making sure to greet them whenever she sees them. She is always eager to learn, absorbing any knowledge that comes her way, from the blessed to the herbs she uses. Also, she loves finding new ways to help those who come to her for help. She loves working closely with the oracles, always wanting to learn more about what they do.
Potential Plots or Future Visions *I see her moon marking on her forehead coming into play. I picture it as the reason that one of the herd suggested she be prayed into 'life.' Maybe they see it as a sign that she was blessed by Morpheus, so expect great things from her. Perhaps this will lead to a job change down the line, we will see.

*I can see it discovered that her mother was actually one of the members of the herd. Could be that she was the daughter to a former luminary and/or guardian. When things became too much for her, Ayla's mother left the herd, to start one of her own. This might give us insight to why Ayla's mother understood when her daughter decided to leave their home. Could totally have some fun coming up with more plots tied to this one.

*I would love to see a friendship between her and the two oracles. It would be awesome to see them work together and her learn more from them. Maybe they help cement her decision to stay in the herd even more.

*I could see us learning more about the stallion who changed her mind about leaving. I imagine he would be someone who was someone who was also newly brought into reality. I could see the two of them becoming very close, making one of the rare lifemates. Would be fun to see how others' react to it, since it is not something normal for them.

*I would love to see someone from her past stumbling upon the herd. It would be interesting to see the two of them interact and what trouble this mare or stallion would bring. Will she be able to change their outlook on the herd or would she be forced to watch them be kicked out of the area as a 'nightmare?'

*I see her definitely praying for children at some point, since she does have a fondness for children.

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:48 am
Space Bird

Username : Dea and #Teddy#
Soquili's Name : Ramiel (meaning thunder of God. Also the name of one of the archangels, one of his responsibilities being visions)
Position in Herd : Oracle
Original Member or Joined Member : Original member
Soquili's History : Ramiel was prayed into life by the oracles, when it was decided they needed to increase their herd. Since he was one that was prayed for by everyone, the oracles themselves decided to raise the stallion. When it came time for the coming of age ceremony, Ramiel could be seen in many of the jobs of the herd. So he decided to try his hoof at being a champion at first, having always idolized how brave they were. The stallion seemed to excel at it, his strength proving to be quite an asset. Any scars he obtained from battling nightmares were proudly displayed, but not in a boastful way.

When it was time for the next coming of age ceremony, Ramiel decided to try being a shepherd, feeling he had done all he could as a champion. Much like he did as a champion, the starry stallion seemed to fit naturally in this role, able to guide all those who came under his care. He made sure that he taught with a calm, but firm manner, so that he did not lose any of his students to doubts or the nightmares. Many newly brought to life and foals became productive members of the herd, thanks to him. If any of them got out of line, he used his training as a champion to get them back on track.

However, eventually he felt he had done his duty as a shepherd and still felt like he was called to something else. When the ceremony happened the next time, he chose his current path as an oracle. Finally, this felt like where he was called to fully put his time and effort. Truth be told, ever since he was a foal, he had had visions that had guided his hoofsteps. So it was natural for him to come full circle and dedicate his life as an oracle, to make sure the herd followed the right path. It is a great honor to him to serve the Gods and help his herd grow with prayers and visions.

Soquili's Personality: Ramiel is very much dedicated to the herd, strong in his beliefs. He is of the mind of serving the herd with everything he does, putting everything he has into whatever he does. He is loyal to his herd mates and will do everything in his power to protect them. He is very kind, but do not mess with him either. He knows how to be firm, especially if he thinks you are out of line. He is a hard worker, however, he can go too far and forget to relax every once in awhile. He cannot understand people's skepticism about their beliefs, everything seems to make perfect sense to him.
Potential Plots or Future Visions *I would love to see him helping to raise foals like he had been. It would be his way of paying it forward and maybe bring out a little more fun out of him.

*It would be interesting if he had a vision of trouble coming to the herd. This would lead to a confrontation with a herd of Kalona who enter their territory. What would Ramiel and the herd do when faced with such a huge 'nightmare?' I could see this becoming an ongoing thing, the Kalona herd being a rival to this herd. They would be seen as a 'recurring nightmare', one to test the herd and force them to get stronger.

*Since he is so loyal to their ways, I would imagine he would have more than one mate, maybe with some of the other oracles.

*Maybe he would establish an elite training program, special foals and newly created would be under the oracles' care.

*I want someone who thinks that the herd is crazy to come in, so that Ramiel will have to deal with it. What happens when he encounters someone whose beliefs are so different than his own?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:09 pm
Fluffy Tailed Angel

Username : Teh Cheryll
Soquili's Name : Akroma (in MTG, Akroma is known as the Angel of Wrath)
Position in Herd : Mortal as a foal; Shepherd for awhile; Back to Mortal; Champion eventually
Original Member or Joined Member : Original
Soquili's History : Akroma was born into the herd, though there was conflict over who had prayed for her birth. As a result, she was raised by a larger parental group than most of her peers. (In her heart, unspoken, she has always suspected than many more of the herd claimed to have prayed her into being than truly did, each clamoring for the blessing of the Oneiroi that her white coat seem to signify. She never speaks of this but she never forgets it either.) Because of her coloration, her foalhood was tinted with a tone of subtle reverence and praise came much easier from her teachers than they did to her peers. As a result, she was much a self-inflicted loner in her youth--segregated from her peers due to a much of reverence and resentment. In guilt, she became unfailingly polite and self-deprecating, diminishing her own achievements and humble to almost an extreme fault.

As she grows older though, her modesty causes an internal conflict--like most foals, she is a Mortal but as those around slowly starting branching off into their specialties, she is at lost for her calling. Her Shepherds had praised her unanimously and the doorway was open for her to take her pick of positions. Akroma, however, felt at lost--unsure of what she was best at and unsure of what she had loved. She had spent so much of her youth attempting to stay out of the way, attempting to divert attention to herself, that when it came to decide what she wished to do to contribute to the herd--she drew a blank. She, stumbling all the while, decides to train to be a Shepherd to train the next generation. Akroma has no real love of teaching, no real passion, but she has an attachment to foals and a sense of protectiveness of the youth.

She remains though, teaching each new generation in turn. She does not excel in this however--she is ultimately not strict enough on the youth, allowing them to slack more than most of their teachers. She is continued to be plagued by her self-doubt, unsure if she remembers her teachings well enough, unsure if she has pointed her students in the right path, unsure of everything decision she has to make. Her students move along though, some thrive more than others (which she feels that is more in spite of her work than because of it) but she feels no passion for her day to day life.

And so she lingers.

Soquili's Personality: Akroma is kind, loyal, and almost unbearably polite. She apologizes constantly in her youth and young adulthood, feeling like many things are her responsibility and apologizing anytime she feels she has let someone down. She is intensely unsure of herself, second guesses her decision constantly, and often attempts to stay out of everyone's way.
Turn and face the strange :: Akroma isn't surprised when it happened, but eventually, too many groups of students have failed to thrive to the satisfaction of the herd. Akroma is removed from her position of Shepherd and relegated back to be a Mortal. She is a mixed of ashamed and relieved--relieved because she is free from work that she had not love for and ashamed for her intense failure that needed a forceful removal. In addition, she is once again under the scrutiny of the herd. She is supposed blessed by the Oneiroi yet she has failed the herd in her job. Some of the herd disdain her failure while others brush it off--both reactions slowly water the seed of fire in Akroma's heart.

What doesn't kill you :: Removed from her rank, Akroma wanders among the herd as a Mortal. As she goes about her tasks, she sees and speaks to many dream creatures. The dreams are interesting, in her mind, so different than the herd and so full of crazy wild ideas. She does her best to ignore them, but she can not help but find their tales of other dreamworlds amusing. Eventually, a persistent dream creature starts to follow her around as she works, regaling her with tales and jokes. Akroma is...conflicted. Affection toward dreams is perverse but when this dream talks to her, she feels free in a way she never has before. This dream creature makes her laugh in a way she never has, makes her feel confidence in herself that she didn't know existed. She prays for him to join reality but one day, her dream disappears.

Nightmare's just begun :: A nightmare finds its way into the land and Akroma is in the crossfire. She is injured, not severely, but injured nonetheless. And her reaction is not what she expected--anger. Anger in her weakness, anger in those that might threaten her family, her herd. She had never considered this path before, never considered herself possible to be Champion, with her downy soft wings and soft demeanor, but her anger is the first sense of passion she has ever felt. She is determined, now, to be a Champion.

Note: Uhhh, there's a lot of steps in there from her being removed as a Shepherd and working to be a Champion. A lot more steps that I haven't inputted yet.

Teh Cheryl

Teh Cheryl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:21 pm
Space Bird

Username : Teh Cheryl
Soquili's Name : 13
Position in Herd : Collector
Original Member or Joined Member : Joined
Soquili's History : 13 was once a skilled mercenary in the dreamworld, raised since a foal to be silent and deadly and to never question orders. He moved through much of his life numb to most emotions and carrying out the orders of his nameless and faceless Masters. As he aged though, his once quick and fierce battle skills slowly dulled and he was terribly injured in a battle against a pack of skinwalkers. Wounded, he stumbled into the Dreamwalker's territory, expecting to die a quiet death that he welcomed. As he lost consciousness, he expected himself to never wake again. Instead, he was awoken by a Shaman, his wounds bound and very much alive. The Shaman explained that 13 was sent to them by the Oneiroi and that he has been sent to live a true life with the Dreamwalkers.
Soquili's Personality: Quiet, 13 has never had a chance to fully consider who he is except the will of his Masters. Emotions were forcefully beaten out at youth, so now that he is free to be what he wishes...13 is unsure of who, or what, he is. He rarely speaks but when he does, he is unfailingly polite. He becomes intensely thankful to the Oneiroi for showing him the visions of his dream life so that he can truly appreciate his true life.
Welcome to the New Age :: As 13 slowly heals, he learns more and more about the Dreamwalkers. He spends much of his time listening to the Oracles, though he spends little of that time talking. A unnatural calm falls over him, and as he falls deeper and deeper into learning about the Dreamwalkers, he becomes more and more convinced that his previous life, his memories, was just part of what might be. The dreams of his past, his nightmares, were not real, and he finds comfort in his new existence.

A New Existance :: 13 has become very devout to the Oneiroi, thanking them everyday for showing him how blessed his real existence is compared to how his life could have been. However, he is haunted by the illusions of what might have been, and often wakes in the middle of the night, remembering his dreams. Perhaps he finds comfort speaking of his dreams to the Oracles or his new family.

Begin Again :: Sometimes the dreams come back to 13 at times, and he can't help himself from scouting the area, watching his back, itching for a weapon that he has never really carried. 13 is a Mortal, and he tries out different tasks and positions as he tries to find something that fits him. He shies away from being a Champion--his dreams have had enough of violence and fighting for him to walk that in his true life. Eventually he finds himself working as a Gatherer, finding peace and calm in his tasks. Maybe he becomes tentative friends with the Champion who accompanies him on his outings--occasionally offering small tips in fighting that he remembers from his dreams.

Strangers in the Midst :: 13 watches as another dream creatures stumbles its way into their midst. He interacts with them, explaining the Dreamwalkers, and his only devout faith in the Oneiroi. Perhaps he leads them to be prayed into their true lives or perhaps eventually he points them back to return to their own dream worlds.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:31 pm
Fluffy Tailed Angel

Username : belloblossom
Soquili's Name : Yume (Japanese for dream)
Position in Herd : Shepherd
Soquili's History : She faced a high stigma against her since foalhood. Of course she would, since her wings were that of an owlwalker's and her tail just screamed predator, but for a foal to have adults dance around her nervously and to never let their children near her, she felt like an outcast. It got worse as she grew up, because her wings, large and magnificent and her tail glossy and long became, literally, the biggest part of her appearance. And now, it was everyone that made her feel unwanted, not just cautious parents.

Most Soquili fled at the sight of her, but some would throw insults at her like "monster" and "freak". A few would actually move as though they would attack her and it was then that she felt as though she had had enough of this nightmarish world. She had heard of a Soquili who could guide her from the one world into the next if she drank a special potion and so sought out the Soquili of the rumors. At worst, she suspected, she would be poisoned, but at least the deal would be true in that she would no longer be in the world she lived in.

When she found the potions master, he gave her the elixir in exchange for a few of her feathers. She was glad to be rid of them, for her wings were one of her sources of grief. Once she had drank the mixture, she immediately began to feel its effects. Her legs began working on their own, though they felt shaky. Then, they felt like nothing at all. Mist clouded her vision and around the same time she evaporated with it.

When she regained solidity, she felt as though she had been transported and one look around told her this was exactly the case! She did still see Soquili about her, but they were the prettiest of hues and had oddities just as she did. Compelled to join them in their everyday lives and learn more about them, she simply approached with a smile and began helping them where she could. These Soquili didn't mind her wings or tail, some of them even tried to tell her she wasn't real! She was so delighted by this that she vowed that she was going to stay with these Soquili and learn as much as she could about this world to help them. She has been there ever since.
Soquili's Personality: Since joining, Yume has taken on a new name and attitude over her life. In choosing a new name, she discarded her old nightmare of a life and is now living up to her full potential as a Shepherd. She is dedicated to the beliefs of the herd convinced that her misfortune was a horrible nightmare that she successfully woke herself up from. Now, under the guidance of her gods and the Oracles, she is determined to teach the customs and beliefs of the herd to the youth of today, as well as welcoming the newly wished into existence, as she once was.
Potential Plots or Future Visions I would love for her to team up with other teachers and manage groups of students together in group lessons. I would also like her to be confronted with a challenging student, perhaps an outsider that doesn't take to the herd's beliefs as easily as she did and have her rank at risk if she doesn't somehow change their mind. I would really like for her to befriend an Oracle that she can always seek solace from on the days she remembers her "bad dream" and can also talk to her about the gods and their ways, something that interests her greatly.

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:12 am
Space Bird

Soquili's Name : Helem (an Israli name meaning "healing dreams")
Position in Herd : Shaman
Original Member or Joined Member : Original
Soquili's History : With a coat like his, everyone in the herd presumed that the gods had marked him to have greatness in him. His parents expected him to become a Champion or an Oracle, but Helem's calling had always been to heal and not just through prayer.

He learned his lessons from his Shepherds well and learned how to say all of the ceremonial prayers that Oracles taught the foals searching to join that path, to please his parents, but it was plant life that he was always the most curious about. When he heard about the old Shaman who was looking to teach apprentices in that trade, he was ecstatic. Here was someone who knew how to heal and not just by saying words over a body! This Soquili could show him plants to cure sickness and heal broken bones and-and-and-

Well, obviously he couldn't be stopped in his pursuit of knowledge and eventually his parents just hung back and referred to it as the will of the gods. He learned quickly and was happy to do it. Eventually, the old Shaman started to look for his opinion on illnesses until finally the student surpassed his teacher.
Soquili's Personality: Helem always desires to know more, so that he can better help his herd members. While he takes particular fascination in the healing properties of plants, he will approach Oracles so that they may team up and get along in the nature of a crisis. It is always better to enjoy the company of those you are working with, especially in a stressful situation. And he does enjoy the company of the Oracles. He admires them and says prayers often as much as they do for the health and prosperity of the herd.
As far as how he acts generally, he is a good-natured stallion with a good head on his shoulders and a firm belief in the gods. However, while he is adamant in his beliefs, Helem is not a serious stallion, nor is he rigid, and he never will be... If all goes well.
Potential Plots or Future Visions I would like to more Shamans to appear on the herd, since there don't seem to be any there right now, so if Helem could ro with anyone who is interested in learning his craft, he would be happy to. I would also like for him to interact with the Oracles, maybe make a few friends within the rank that he especially likes working with, since Shamans and Orackes are said to work so closely together. Jolly as he is I would like to throw some conflict in his path: maybe he looses a patient? Who knows? Something to give him a little more depth to his character.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 am
Fluffy Tailed Angel
Username : Thalea
Soquili's Name : Delia Fotini -- it means "Moon Light" in Greek
Position in Herd : Oracle
Original Member or Joined Member : Joined Member
Soquili's History :
In her home land Nisítou Fengarioú (Isle of the Moon), she was the Selene or High Priestess of the Moon, but she fell in love with the youngest prince of the land, a forbidden act for she was promised to the prince’s elder brother who was to become king after the current king died or abdicated his throne. It was believed that should the embodiment of the moon mate with the future king, the land would prosper. Their love was discovered and Endymion was cast out of the kingdom, never allowed to return. Her fate was the same, although the people of Nisítou Fengarioú believe her to be dead. She wandered the land searching for a place that would be her new home, all the while something grew inside of her that was a part of her and the youngest prince.

Soquili's Personality:
Delia is a kind, sweat, gentle soul, but she can also be stern and serious if the situation calls for it. She has a deep sense of loyalty and duty to those she considers her family. Before she met Endymion she was willing to accept her fate and become the bride of the next king, even if he was a egoistical stallion. However, her kind prince changed all that; he made her deviate from her duty and that caused her to be banished. She does not hold it against him, in truth, she is actually thankful to him for setting her free, but she would never forget her duty again. When she was the Selene, she offered hope to her people and enjoyed helping them with their problems and leading them in prayer.

Now that she is free of her home, she is at a loss, who is she now when she is not the Selene? Negative thoughts weigh on her but she does not let the feelings of doubt slow her down or keep her from searching for her forever home. She believes in the Gods and knows that they have a plan for her, and she will have to find it, for not all is given easily, it must be earned.

• She will come to the herd pregnant, but she will not tell them anything about their father, only that it was the blessing of the gods that they are with her. What will come of this?

• Delia has hopes to become an oracle in her new herd, it reminds her of her previous duties. Will she be able to do the job proper or will something try to sway her to forget her duties again?

• She has almost successfully forgotten about Endymion until one day she receives word about a stranger who shares the appearance of her young prince. What does she do?

• Those are just some plots I had in mind. I would love for her to stay within in the herd and see if the distant memory of Endymion would sway her actions. It would be a test of the Gods so to speak to see if she is worthy to stay within the Dreamwalker herd.

Thalea

Devoted Mage

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:52 am
Glowy Cat

Soquili's Name : Salem
Position in Herd : Collector
Soquili's History : Salem was always predator, where his location didn't much matter. Out in the plains stalking buffalo, up in the mountains taking down deer, or even fishing trout out in a river, it never stopped his hunger to have something in his belly at all times. He wasn't a pack animal, he kept to himself. He was convinced all he needed were his own claws and teeth and he would get around fine, thank you. When he was hungry, he hunted, when he was tired he slept and when he woke the cycle would continue.

So what changed? Unfortunately, it was the attitude of the herbivores that caught up with him. He was always a bit of a messy eater, leaving bones and scraps laying about and one day here he is lsunning himself on atop a flat rock when at least a dozen Soquili are upon him, hollering at him telling him that they won't stand for any purewalker filth to invade their homes and kill their friends!

Why, Salem was so spooked by their ferocity that he ran straight into what he had previously thought of as a "no man's land", since you never saw anyone come back down this way once they went up it. Salem just thought it would get his persuers off his back and while it did, he sure wasn't expecting to see a hidden herd so suddenly!

He wasn't much of a pack stallion, but even he knew that he was more protected in a group and so he went up to the first Soquili he saw and told him if his encounter with the his chasers. The horse looked visibly spooked themselves and muttered something about a nightmare before hustling off. He got similar responses with others before Soquili who looked like they meant business tried to hustle him off.

Salem was getting tired of being pushed around and so skulked around the herd's territory for a bit, until he started showing up again and then more and more frequently. After a while, they stopped chasing him away and then they started talking to him! They were pleasant enough after they seemed to realize he wasn't going anywhere and he was interested to know about this whole dream thing, even if he was considerably skeptical at first. If there was one thing he believed whole-heartedly though, it was that the Soquili that chased him here to begin with were true Nightmares.
Soquili's Personality: Salem, while indocturinated into the culture and beliefs of the herd successfully, is still somewhat of a recluse. He is prone to wandering off towards the edges of the herd lands on his own and because the only thing he was really good at was hunting, was given the role of a Collector, so he could at least make a difference within the herd. Now responsible for feeding more mouths than just his own, Salem can be found most easily out hunting.
Gruff and introverted, Salem may not be the easiest to get to know, but now that he has a herd, his taste for loyalty and friends is growing.
Potential Plots or Future Visions While he does his best to hide it, Salem sometimes has his doubts about the herd. I would like a member of the herd, Oracle or regular, to figu this out and nanny the beliefs into him. It would also give him a chance to open up and make a proper friend too! Hunting buddies are also loved!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:19 am
Closed for judging  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:04 am
Alrighty, after reading over all the entries multiple times I think we've come up with the winners. It was a hard choice as there were quite a few really great entries and some concepts that I really hope end up in the herd someday. ( I will certainly hold more of these contests in the future) I wish I could hand out more ponies but alas I can only make one custom every other month and these guys took six months to stock up - Still there will be more in the future as well as basket contests and familiar contests to help build up the herd, as always you are all free to send any blank slates you have our way as well as quest for a member in Customs and the like! I will be saving the link for this contest in the herd thread as well in case any of you wish to use your personality and plots for another pony down the road (I hope you do I really loved a lot of them!)

AstoriaFallen

User Image
The herd is quite excited to have Eir among them as a shaman! Please let me know if you want to plot anything out or have any herd questions.

The Dawn of Twilight

User Image
I really like your wandering soul plot, please let me know if you have any questions or need help getting your plots going! Cyrus sounds like a fun fit for the herd.

Kaya Wolf Moon

User Image
I really love that the herd is a sanctuary for Anastasius, a place for him to become whole again after his rather turmoil ridden foalhood. Over all I think his plots will add a lot to the herd. Please let me know if you have any herd questions or if you need help getting your plots going!

These ponies can all be posted in my certing thread for certing and for future breedings they are considered unedited mutants. Congrats and welcome to the herd! Once they are certed I will add them up to the herd roster but feel free to start RPing them as soon as you would like and to use the herd thread for coordination if needed. You may also feel free to PM me here on gaia OR hit me up on AIM (JetAlmeara) if you need anything!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:42 am
Congrats guys! If you guys want any RP with my herd ponies just give me a poke.  

She-Ra of Etheria

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:33 pm
-banshee shrieks-

;u; Thank you!!!!

And congrats to the other winners!  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items