Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:47 am
User Image

He let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding as they both simply accepted his decision and offered more help. His spirits were considerably lifted, and he felt prepared to handle this new life stage, armed with a supportive family, wonderful mate, and more love than he thought even existed. He took a moment just looking at his father and grandmother, grinning from ear to ear.

"This really is an amazing family, you know that? I don't know what I was so afraid of. You're both so amazing." He nuzzled them both in turn, feeling overwhelmed and probably a little extra emotional, given that he was now an expecting father. He thought of Lovely, all large with child and couldn't stop grinning. He missed her already. "Lovely is probably wondering where I am now. I should maybe get going."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:51 am
User Image

She took the opportunity to breath in the scent of her grandson once more as he nuzzled her. She would never tired of her descendants, she was sure. A grin was spread wide across her face as Leilan spoke of their family, her chest swelling with pride. This was everything she had ever wanted. She had achieved her greatest desires in life, and was content.

She was sad he was ready to go so soon, but she understood. He clearly had a lot of love for his mate, and must be missing her.

"I'm so glad you came, and please always feel free to call upon me for any reason! And expect to be seeing me soon, and often," she added, laughing. "I won't let you be too lonely."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:57 am
User Image

Jailhouse Rock felt a swell of pride, not only in the fact he had apparently made such a welcoming family environment for his son, but also in his son himself, who grew into a very mature and sensible stallion. How had that happened? Jailhouse had felt like such a bumbling idiot as a new father, particularly since he hadn't known Leihla very well to begin with. Well, they did a not-horrible job anyway!

"I'm glad you feel so comfortable here with the family, Leilan. I truly do." He returned the nuzzling happily.

"Do you want me to walk with you as you go? I wouldn't mind a little trip, and I could meet Lovely that way." He hoped Leilan would say yes, but understood if it would be better to speak to his mate before having unexpected guests.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 am
User Image

He stretched a little, preparing for the journey. It wasn't especially long, as they had settled near his family's territory. Still, it was always best to limber up a bit in case of any dangerous situations that may arise. Predators, while not common, were still not unheard of along the way.

He considered his father's offer carefully. His first instinct was to say yes, of course. He always preferred company while he was travelling, and he figured Lovely wouldn't mind too much. Especially if they brought her a bit of a treat. he remembered the food and water all around them, set out for their meeting. He felt a little guilty not partaking, but perhaps it would not go to waste.

"Sure, why not come along? While we're at it, let's take Lovely some of this food, yeah?"

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 am
User Image

She watched the pair go with the wistful sadness of a mother whose children are grown. She longed for more children, and resolved to bring the situation up to her mate Quinn. Certainly he must feel the same. She grinned, and turned for home, leaving the father and son to their conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:58 am
User Image

There was an unmistakable sense of relief as they parted ways with Glitter Rock. The stallion loved his mother dearly but she was a bit overbearing and intense. He liked her best in these short doses, with reasons to walk away after a time. He smiled thinking of her and her intense over-exuberance. Was he anything like her at all? Perhaps he took after his father more. He shrugged, unconcerned.

He turned to the task at hand and helped his son gather food for his pregnant mate. That gave Jailhouse pause. He was no stranger to being a grandson, yet it still took him aback that he was about to be one again. What a wonderful turn of events!

Once they had gathered food and started along their way he finally broke the comfortable silence.

"What makes you the most afraid?"

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:00 am
User Image

His stomach began rumbling as they gathered food and he took turns gathering for Lovely and tossing back some for himself. When had he last eaten? He'd been so nervous coming here that he hadn't bothered all day. He snacked as they worked, explaining what Lovely might like to his dad as they went. They got everything packed and started on their way before too long. He had been letting his mind become blank, relaxing in the uncomplicated presence of his father when the question was asked.

He blinked for a moment, coming back to the present. He thought the question over, not replying immediately. "I guess what scares me the most is just being a good father, letting my kids know they are loved, and teaching them about the world."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:05 am
User Image

As they walked he kicked the occasional rock that crossed their path, casually kicking up dust that swirled away in the light breeze. The day was growing long, but was still pleasantly warm. As he listened to his son's reply he nodded along, not surprised at the answer. He had gathered as much from their earlier conversation but had wanted to confirm it was the whole truth.

"I was afraid too. Teaching children can be a delicate process. As they age they can handle different things. Sometimes you have to learn what to hide from them and what to truthfully talk to them about. It can be hard to navigate, but I'll be here to help you."

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:12 am
User Image

He listened intently, trying to imagine what situations he was speaking of. He knew a lot of this would be discussed between he and Lovely. It was something of an adventure for them to figure out. At least now he was feeling better about the situation and more like he could handle it. He knew Lovely would provide the most support in this area, and that their kids would want for nothing. They should always feel loved, between the two of them. He breathed much easier after speaking with Glitter and Jailhouse.

"How do you know the difference between things they need straight answers for and what they should be lied to about?" He frowned and tried to think of what things his own father had lied to him about as a foal.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff